Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2008089 times)

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #16320 on: June 2, 2023, 09:34:26 pm »
I wish they'd stop doing heart felt vids about him, I keep getting dust in my eyes.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16321 on: June 2, 2023, 10:07:04 pm »
just watched all his 111 LFC goals on YouTube.

no words.

Offline Le Westalero

• Main Stander
  • You can count on Jürgen Norbert Klopp
« Reply #16322 on: June 2, 2023, 10:19:57 pm »
Anybody else noticed the cliffhanger with the 'I'm going to reveal a mystery now' on that last LFC post?

I mean everything, really everything says that he's leaving. But just imagine the scenes if he stays  ;D ;D

I know it's the hope that kills but just wanted to know whether anybody else thinks the same

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16323 on: June 2, 2023, 10:22:48 pm »
Given the first installment is 2 weeks away, there's absolutely no chance it's an announcement that he's staying.
They wouldn't be able to keep it under wraps that long and if there was any indication a new deal was even being considered we'd know about it by now.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Le Westalero

• Main Stander
  • You can count on Jürgen Norbert Klopp
« Reply #16324 on: June 2, 2023, 10:24:29 pm »
Given the first installment is 2 weeks away, there's absolutely no chance it's an announcement that he's staying.
They wouldn't be able to keep it under wraps that long and if there was any indication a new deal was even being considered we'd know about it by now.

I know Barney, you're right, just got my hopes up but don't think it's realistic

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #16325 on: June 2, 2023, 11:48:47 pm »
Bobby is going to be our striker coach next season isn't he... :P
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16326 on: June 3, 2023, 09:58:28 pm »
Bobby is unlikely to be a first team starter at a club like Real Madrid or for Brazil.

He's come off the back of a damn solid season for us and still has tons of peak ability. He's also won everything there is to win at club level with us, and has nothing left to prove to anyone. A bonafide legend for LFC.

Bobby, enjoy your life and take a humungous payout that sets you up for life. MLS, Qatar, Saudi ... whatever. That money is better in your back pocket my man, and you're in prime position to negotiate a long contract that sets you up for life. Time to make some silly moolah and have fun ... This would be my advice to Bobby.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #16327 on: June 3, 2023, 10:38:17 pm »
Bobby is unlikely to be a first team starter at a club like Real Madrid or for Brazil.

He's come off the back of a damn solid season for us and still has tons of peak ability. He's also won everything there is to win at club level with us, and has nothing left to prove to anyone. A bonafide legend for LFC.

Bobby, enjoy your life and take a humungous payout that sets you up for life. MLS, Qatar, Saudi ... whatever. That money is better in your back pocket my man, and you're in prime position to negotiate a long contract that sets you up for life. Time to make some silly moolah and have fun ... This would be my advice to Bobby.

I’d hope he wouldn't listen, especially to the Saudi/Qatar bit!

And MLS isn’t setting him up more than playing in Europe is.

Maybe he’ll go to Spain or Portugal, win stuff there too, there’s a club out there going to get one of the cleverest, most fun players in Europe anyway, whoever they may be!  I’d love to see him back in Bundesliga, but he’s already been there done that, so I suspect maybe he tries another league.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16328 on: June 3, 2023, 11:58:14 pm »
I’d hope he wouldn't listen, especially to the Saudi/Qatar bit!

And MLS isn’t setting him up more than playing in Europe is.

Maybe he’ll go to Spain or Portugal, win stuff there too, there’s a club out there going to get one of the cleverest, most fun players in Europe anyway, whoever they may be!  I’d love to see him back in Bundesliga, but he’s already been there done that, so I suspect maybe he tries another league.

Lol I think my subconscious just doesn't want to see him wear the colours of another big European club to be honest
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #16329 on: June 4, 2023, 12:26:50 am »
Jurgen give him the nod I tell youse .

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16330 on: June 4, 2023, 12:36:21 am »
Bob's natural skills can only be founded in the streets of Brazil!
No other player with his skills. 
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #16331 on: June 4, 2023, 12:40:06 am »
Lol I think my subconscious just doesn't want to see him wear the colours of another big European club to be honest

there’s defo a LOT of clubs I would’t want to see him play for! Defo not Real or Barca or Atletico, goes without saying no PL club, but he wants to go to another league anyway, I don’t even watch these leagues, but the idea of him play for certain teams is a big no-go!

But other Spanish teams, Portugal, like I say - BuLi (not Bayern!), that I can cope with  ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16332 on: June 4, 2023, 12:46:06 am »
I can handle him going anywhere but staying in England or heading for blood money, it'd honestly break my heart if he took money off those murderous bastards & taint his whole legacy.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #16333 on: June 4, 2023, 01:13:00 am »
Nice or Porto are fine with me

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #16334 on: June 4, 2023, 01:54:11 am »

Bob's natural skills can only be founded in the heys of Canny Farm.

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16335 on: June 4, 2023, 05:29:49 pm »
Not off to Madrid then.

Real Madrid have now COMPLETELY DISCARDED Roberto Firmino as an option. [@JLSanchez78]

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16336 on: June 4, 2023, 06:25:40 pm »

With Benzema leaving he would fancy his chances of a game now id say.

I know Madrid saying no but they said that about Bellingham too.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #16337 on: June 4, 2023, 08:15:55 pm »
Looking forward to this mini-series about Bobby.......what's the mystery - change your mind about leaving ?!  God, I hope so.

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #16338 on: June 4, 2023, 09:10:31 pm »

There’s no mind changing.  Klopp/the club decided he wasn’t getting a renewal, and rightly so.  Bobby has left at the perfect time, and departs an absolute legend. 

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #16339 on: June 5, 2023, 09:53:42 am »
There’s no mind changing.  Klopp/the club decided he wasn’t getting a renewal, and rightly so.  Bobby has left at the perfect time, and departs an absolute legend. 

It would also be an absolutely stupid move after all the stuff everyone has gone through with saying goodbye to him. A change of mind could have been a thing maybe a bit later in the window once Bobby has seen all his options and the club are getting a clearer picture of the money they have to spend and what players they're getting. In a three part documentary, that has been produced over weeks and maybe even months with the announcement of the big reveal in the trailer mere days after Bobby actually leaving would be idiotic.

In an ideal world I would hope for the announcement being something like Bobby keeping a place in the city and wanting to come back once he's done with playing and ready to take up a position at the club, but I don't really see that. He'll probably go back to Brazil once he's done playing and he'll visit from time to time playing games for Liverpool Legends. I would imagine the mystery would be something rather boring like Bobby revealing something about the relationship he had with Mo and/or Mané or something he said (for example before the Barca match). Or it will be that he knows how to play the piano and he's playing/singing his own song or has written a song about his time at Liverpool/about the support he got. The latter would be my favourite, but my expectation is that it's something rather trivial like Mané snores when he's sleeping or something like that. ;)

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16340 on: June 5, 2023, 01:32:22 pm »
Not off to Madrid then.

How does anyone with a brain COMPLETELY DISCARD bobby??

You don't put bobby in the corner!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16341 on: June 5, 2023, 05:56:50 pm »

Many have tried & failed.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16342 on: June 5, 2023, 06:02:42 pm »
How does anyone with a brain COMPLETELY DISCARD bobby??

if you do, he'll make you look like a fool by falling to the ground and backheeling an inch-perfect nutmeg pass between your legs.  :)

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #16343 on: June 5, 2023, 06:22:34 pm »
Wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up in Saudi Arabia.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #16344 on: June 5, 2023, 06:26:06 pm »

Well I would be.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16345 on: June 5, 2023, 06:26:09 pm »
RM are losing a bunch of forwards this summer so him going there, despite what RM are saying, could well happen.

I'm sure Ancellotti would love to have him (although he may get the boot soon from what I've read).

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16346 on: June 5, 2023, 06:54:22 pm »
https://twitter.com/HendersonXtra/status/1663998185902047233?s=20

prepare to cry some more

A mate of mine works for the company who does all the AV for LFC, press conferences, match day stuff etc and he did the AV for that. They're not allowed to approach the players for autographs and stuff, but the jammy bastard got to sit in on it. He's not even a Liverpool fan either.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16347 on: June 5, 2023, 07:06:09 pm »

If he does he'll be dead to me. can't see it happening though.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #16348 on: June 6, 2023, 09:46:07 am »
Would be very surprised if he goes somewhere like Saudi Arabia.  He's got one good run left in him at a much better level, surely there's a bunch of European clubs who would take him.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #16349 on: June 6, 2023, 03:36:14 pm »
Would be very surprised if he goes somewhere like Saudi Arabia.  He's got one good run left in him at a much better level, surely there's a bunch of European clubs who would take him.
Shocked as to how we allowed him to leave without offering an extension even if it was a short term extension. Bobby is still firing in goals, and puts in a shift every time off the bench. Would have loved to see him get a run out in the Europa League. It just feels weird not having Bobby around.
Seen us win everything

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16350 on: June 6, 2023, 04:25:43 pm »
Wait till you see him in another shirt.  Gonna be gut-wretching.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16351 on: June 6, 2023, 08:21:23 pm »
Shocked as to how we allowed him to leave without offering an extension even if it was a short term extension. Bobby is still firing in goals, and puts in a shift every time off the bench. Would have loved to see him get a run out in the Europa League. It just feels weird not having Bobby around.

That was the owners decision, they know better than the Boss.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #16352 on: June 6, 2023, 08:23:44 pm »

He's been injured for half the season and half of the season before that.  His pressing has dropped off and he's always been a streaky goalscorer.  There's every chance that if he did start every game for us next season, he'd only bang in 10 goals in total.

It was the right time to part ways and if we knew we were keeping him on, then I'm not sure Gakpo gets bought.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline RedBlakey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #16353 on: June 6, 2023, 08:28:14 pm »
I don’t think I’m emotionally ready for this thread to be moved to the ‘Former LFC Players’ section 🥲🥲
Never seen him playing I think. But looks like a good player.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #16354 on: June 6, 2023, 08:32:16 pm »
Can’t believe we’re letting him go. He can still do a job for another season. Any news on where he is going to.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16355 on: June 7, 2023, 01:18:03 am »
Can’t believe we’re letting him go. He can still do a job for another season. Any news on where he is going to.
He wants to play more regularly, good luck to him.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16356 on: June 7, 2023, 02:24:24 am »
He wants to play more regularly, good luck to him.

He actually wanted to stay, the Boss also wanted him to stay & most supporters wanted him to stay.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #16357 on: June 7, 2023, 08:36:18 am »
He's been injured for half the season and half of the season before that.  His pressing has dropped off and he's always been a streaky goalscorer.  There's every chance that if he did start every game for us next season, he'd only bang in 10 goals in total.

It was the right time to part ways and if we knew we were keeping him on, then I'm not sure Gakpo gets bought.
I agree with this, Bobby is a legend and he will always be remembered with great affection. However his injuries were piling up and with a squad in need of massive regeneration, holding on to aging and injury prone players is silly. By letting Naby, Ox and Bobby go there is more wiggle room with wages and if we can bring in 2 players to replace those three, who are almost always available to play its a huge upside.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16358 on: June 7, 2023, 08:43:15 am »
I waver back on forth on this, but the truth is we've seen the best of him, and sentimentality has always been LFC's soft underbelly.

I'd rather remember him as he was and his amazing brilliance, rather than watch him languish on the bench or declining in real time on the pitch. A slower game will suit him.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16359 on: June 7, 2023, 08:44:58 am »
He actually wanted to stay, the Boss also wanted him to stay & most supporters wanted him to stay.

'We need to be more ruthless and let aging players lose their legs on someone else's pitch. But only if it's a player we all hate, otherwise we'll piss our pants like we always do about every decision and blame the owners'