Author Topic: LFC vs Fulham, 11 November 2018, 12pm  (Read 23045 times)

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
Re: LFC vs Fulham, 11 November 2018, 12pm
« Reply #80 on: November 8, 2018, 03:52:25 pm »
I agree with some that Milner may need the rest, but an international break on the horizon and Klopp will play the strongest line up.

Its probably a game where you can risk Fabinho / Keita / Shaqiri in the midfield, but i'd probably opt for Wijnaldum instead of shaqiri in the central 3. Maybe rest Mane, and stick Shaq in his place.

Need a performance here!

did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: November 8, 2018, 03:52:46 pm »
Yeah I can't see them not starting, I'm inclined to think Fabinho will start as well. [Maybe Shaqiri starts wide with Salah up front, and Firmino out on the bench who knows] but I really want that trio to play [Fabinho,Keita and Shaqiri]

I really think we need Henderson in this game. He will be fired up, knows the 6 position well and can give us plenty of cover for Keita and Shaqiri.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #82 on: November 8, 2018, 04:20:01 pm »
I really think we need Henderson in this game. He will be fired up, knows the 6 position well and can give us plenty of cover for Keita and Shaqiri.

I agree. He has tactical discipline and can provide very solid defensive cover - not that we should not much of it and no question he will be fired up as will hopefully the rest of the squad after Tuesday
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: November 8, 2018, 04:49:14 pm »
Would like to see Shaq used to give the front 3 a breather here and there. Sounds like Gomez is carrying a knock so I'm not sure it's worth risking him. Also not liking Firmino as a 10. Better than Salah at creating space for others when played as the 9.

Alisson

Trent          Lovren          van Dijk          Robertson

Fabinho          Wijnaldum

Shaqiri               Keita              Mane

Firmino

Subs: Sturridge, Salah, Lallana, Milner, Henderson, Gomez, Mignolet

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: November 8, 2018, 04:51:40 pm »
Would like to see Shaq used to give the front 3 a breather here and there. Sounds like Gomez is carrying a knock so I'm not sure it's worth risking him. Also not liking Firmino as a 10. Better than Salah at creating space for others when played as the 9.

Alisson

Firmino

I'd drop Firmino and play Salah.

Salah consistently scores at Anfield, and he will get chances against this lot. I'd have Henderson ahead of Wijnaldum as well

Offline Digger2God

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe IT!
« Reply #85 on: November 8, 2018, 05:20:19 pm »
I'd drop Firmino and play Salah.

Salah consistently scores at Anfield, and he will get chances against this lot. I'd have Henderson ahead of Wijnaldum as well

Seriously?
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: November 8, 2018, 05:24:02 pm »
Seriously?
In that particular line up that I quoted, yes.

Overall I'd like to see him play, but going by that formation and set of players, I'd go with Salah over Bobby in that scenario.

This is what I posted originally

Becker

Clyne
Gomez
Van Dijk
Robertson

Fabinho
Keita

Shaqiri

Salah
Firmino
Mane

Offline Digger2God

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe IT!
« Reply #87 on: November 8, 2018, 05:30:37 pm »
The midfield is where the selection dilemma plays out...I think we only need two and a #10 with the front three intact.

There are many ways we can go about this, but Gini + another should be the answer for the two positions. I know Gini had an off day just like everyone in Belgrade, but he has been the best midfielder in the team this season. Ideally you would go Gini + Hendo but looks like it might be too early for Hendo?

Fabinho did not play in Belgrade, and he did ok enough when the pace was not too fast so could come in. Klopp might decide to go all guns blazing with Gini + Keita and Shaq as the #10. I would go Gini + Keita + Shaq and the front three and let them fly!
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: November 8, 2018, 05:38:01 pm »
If Bobby does play, he seriously need to score, for his own confidence.

But get the 3 points at any costs.

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #89 on: November 8, 2018, 05:51:55 pm »
Big game following on from what happened in Belgrade. That being said its also a brilliant opportunity to get back into some type of form and apply some pressure. With City and Chelsea playing Man U and Everton respectively, its not inconceivable that either or both or those teams could drop points.

We can't control what happens in those games but hopefully we can put in a performance and get the result.
If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: November 8, 2018, 08:10:44 pm »
Gomez has been called up by Southgate, so he will more than likely play on Sunday

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #91 on: November 8, 2018, 08:32:11 pm »
Hopefully that remains, I want to see higher energy levels and work rate from kick off. I want us to be relentless and blow them away from the get go. Don't let them get any confidence the longer it's 0-0

Mind you as you can see from the attachment the 2-1 was a bit of a low scoring affair.

https://www.lfchistory.net/Images/newspapers/echo/1965-09-11-fulham-302.JPG

Offline Nosss

• Anny Roader
« Reply #92 on: November 8, 2018, 08:44:57 pm »

Alisson

Firmino

Thought I'd be alone in saying I want a team like this but pleased to see other people thinking along the same lines.

The only thing I'd think about changing is Gomez in for Trent but if the knock is real Trent is obviously the way to go despite his downturn in form lately.

I think Shaqiri, Fabinho and Keita all need to play and Gini should be able to help gel them together. Fulham are the type of team we should use to bring those players into the squad - they should be able to gain confidence as Liverpool players here.

I really think we're seeing repercussions all over the pitch from the way we are dealing with Salah at the moment, one of which is the decline in Bobby. He's a flat out better 9 than Salah but Klopp seems to be sacrificing him to make room for Mo at the minute and I'd like to see him get a game where he is what makes us tick again.

I also think Salah and the team is at risk at the minute of being over reliant on the belief that Mo will save us when things go wrong and I don't think he's that type of player at all. It would be good for the team and for Mo to watch a Liverpool that is vibrant and able to score without him.

That is, as long as we win, but I do have confidence this team can do that and do it well.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: November 8, 2018, 09:43:29 pm »
Both Trent and Gomez have been called up, I doubt that their knocks are serious, Telegraph already reported that Trent's issue is nothing major.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: November 8, 2018, 09:48:20 pm »
Salah Firmino mane would be my front 3 for this, shaqiri behind. Got out as angry as they should be

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: November 8, 2018, 09:54:11 pm »
From The Echo

Klopp will make changes for the visit of Fulham, with Naby Keita, Roberto Firmino and Xherdan Shaqiri also among those pressing for a start.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: November 8, 2018, 09:54:37 pm »
Treat these like the shit team they are (while respecting we can still get stung if we don't put the work in) and get right in to them. Shaqiri, Keita, Firmino, Salah, Mane all starting.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #97 on: November 8, 2018, 10:22:48 pm »
It was cool to see the likes of Keita and Henderson back in training and the spirit seems to be still really good. Despite the disappointment of the last result there is still much to be excited about and it was good to see them moving the ball around quickly in the training video.

Inside Training: Watch the Reds prepare for Fulham - https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/324558-watch-video-liverpool-training-fulham
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: November 8, 2018, 10:28:52 pm »
From The Echo

Klopp will make changes for the visit of Fulham, with Naby Keita, Roberto Firmino and Xherdan Shaqiri also among those pressing for a start.

Think Shaqiri comes back in 100% but think if both he and Keita come in then Shaqiri will be playing wide with one of Mane and Salah hitting the bench.

I echo others in that I'd love to see a Fab/Nab/Shaq midfield but think there is zero chance Klopp goes with that and I'd actually be surprised if two of them started together in midfield considering how Klopp has handled the new lads so far (and he's not one to react to a bad defeat by drastically changing the team). Think Wijnaldum and one of Henderson/Milner are pretty much guaranteed to start.

More than anything I'd just like an improved performance and some semblance of desire after Tuesday's shit show.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: November 8, 2018, 10:41:06 pm »
Hopefully Klopp has got into them this week, I'm sure we'll see a reaction from Tuesday and hopefully win well.

Looking forward to it. Can see Shaqiri and Keita coming in for this. Would like to see Salah up front again, we're going to get chances against these

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #100 on: November 8, 2018, 11:13:28 pm »
The only remedy to the horror show from this week is a 3 or 4-0 thrashing here. Don't just win, make a statement.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #101 on: November 8, 2018, 11:21:34 pm »
Hopefully Klopp has got into them this week, I'm sure we'll see a reaction from Tuesday and hopefully win well.

Looking forward to it. Can see Shaqiri and Keita coming in for this. Would like to see Salah up front again, we're going to get chances against these

honestly Klopp should have spent the week getting into himself... we didn't lose on Tuesday because of lack of effort

their defence is absolutely fucking abject so we'll likely win whatever 11 we put out

hope Naby starts
« Last Edit: November 8, 2018, 11:27:37 pm by JackWard33 »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: November 9, 2018, 12:33:35 am »
Think Shaqiri comes back in 100% but think if both he and Keita come in then Shaqiri will be playing wide with one of Mane and Salah hitting the bench.

I echo others in that I'd love to see a Fab/Nab/Shaq midfield but think there is zero chance Klopp goes with that and I'd actually be surprised if two of them started together in midfield considering how Klopp has handled the new lads so far (and he's not one to react to a bad defeat by drastically changing the team). Think Wijnaldum and one of Henderson/Milner are pretty much guaranteed to start.

More than anything I'd just like an improved performance and some semblance of desire after Tuesday's shit show.

Salah isn't being rested for this, I'm willing to bet my house on it. As I mentioned earlier, he plays well at home, and I imagine Klopp wants him to score as much as possible.

Maybe Mane finds himself on the bench.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: November 9, 2018, 02:32:49 am »
The worst defense in the PL in many, many years and we're at home.  We should and will put 3-4 past these. 

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #104 on: November 9, 2018, 02:42:00 am »
Scrappy 1-0 coming up then. Life and death at the end crossbar scramble.  ;D
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline gerrardsitchyear

• Kemlynite
« Reply #105 on: November 9, 2018, 07:35:00 am »
I echo the calls for Henderson to be back in the team if fit. We need someone on the field who will fire up the team and put a rocket up themnif they're underperforming, which none of the other midfielders do (maybe Millie, but he needs a rest).

Go back to 4-3-3 also.

Oh and others have said, wtf is a 12.00 on a Sunday about? What a nonsense.

Online harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #106 on: November 9, 2018, 07:42:26 am »
I echo the calls for Henderson to be back in the team if fit. We need someone on the field who will fire up the team and put a rocket up themnif they're underperforming, which none of the other midfielders do (maybe Millie, but he needs a rest).

Go back to 4-3-3 also.

Always see this sort of post but I can't ever remember Henderson "putting a rocket up the team" when have not been on it.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #107 on: November 9, 2018, 08:28:51 am »
Always see this sort of post but I can't ever remember Henderson "putting a rocket up the team" when have not been on it.

That is strange as Andy Robertson was quoted as having been roasted by Hendo only recently.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: November 9, 2018, 08:36:17 am »
That is strange as Andy Robertson was quoted as having been roasted by Hendo only recently.

I thought the quote was about him having a lovely roast dinner over at Henderson's?

Online harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #109 on: November 9, 2018, 08:38:17 am »
I thought the quote was about him having a lovely roast dinner over at Henderson's?

That must be it I heard he makes a mean Yorkshire pudding.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: November 9, 2018, 08:38:41 am »
I'm all for playing Fabinho, Keita and Shaqiri at the same time. We need at least one of the latter two. But the question is how?
For me the top three will be there, Mane, Firmino and Salah.

Henderson? Milner? Gini?

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #111 on: November 9, 2018, 09:07:37 am »
I dont think this game will answer any questions about what happened the other night.

Fulham are really bad

Hopefully it will play some of our lads into form though...before they go off around the world  ::)
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: November 9, 2018, 09:11:37 am »
Four years? Has it been that long? Time flies.

I believe the result vs Red Star will have us focused. We will go out to put things right and that's bad news for Fulham. Fabinho will be in the side and so will Firmino, meaning we will play all of what I consider to be the core players in the side (Allison, VVD, Fabinho, Firmino, Salah). It may take a while for us to score, because I expect Fulham to sit deep, but this is a game we will win.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #113 on: November 9, 2018, 09:27:20 am »
Time to go with our best midfield, Fab, Keita, Gini. Perhaps give Shaq a start over Gini to link with the front 3.

I would really like to see us start hitting our stride this weekend as we have been nowhere near our best.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: November 9, 2018, 10:01:06 am »
Klopp confirms Henderson, Keita and Gomez are all available for selection.

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #115 on: November 9, 2018, 10:06:51 am »

Go back to 4-3-3 also.

I am sorry and i don't bash our players but Henderson certainly doesn't get the team fired up!

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: November 9, 2018, 10:18:54 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9opSthEhEio" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9opSthEhEio</a>

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #117 on: November 9, 2018, 10:24:17 am »
I am sorry and i don't bash our players but Henderson certainly doesn't get the team fired up!

I'm not a Henderson lover by any means but I do think his aggression helps set the tone early in games. How important that actually is, especially in a game like Sunday, is another matter.

Offline philippe

• Kemlynite
« Reply #118 on: November 9, 2018, 10:36:45 am »
It's worth noting that we're living rent-free in their heads as well. You only have to listen to what Pep Guardiola said last night to realise that. That, the nonsense about the coach and that shitty version of "allez, allez, allez", their fans sing, tells you everything you need to know about where their heads are at right now.

What did he say? is there a video?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #119 on: November 9, 2018, 10:40:11 am »
What did he say? is there a video?

He said Sterling could have admitted he wasn't fouled the other night, but Milner could also have admitted last season that the ball hit him in the build-up to their disallowed goal at the Etihad.