Author Topic: Struggling with depression  (Read 618708 times)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Re: Struggling with depression
« Reply #6680 on: January 22, 2019, 09:13:26 am »
Absolutely unreal to hear that.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6681 on: January 24, 2019, 09:18:38 pm »
Really uplifting to read some of the good news stories in here. :)

Me, not so great right now.  Barely a week after I moved and updated my address with the DWP and the bastards have sent me out an ESA assessment form.  I was expecting it - one of the reasons I was anxious to update my address - but it's hassle I don't need right now.

I've moved close to Lark Lane and it's a fantastic new home - much warmer than my old place.  And I have friends in the area.  But I am feeling more isolated than ever in some respects.  Very lonely, and trying to rally myself is a constant battle.

I'm really hoping to try and crack on with my art, but I know now that this ESA crap will be a huge distraction over the next couple of months and really suck any enjoyment out of what should be an exciting new adventure for the coming year.

With BPD, there are so many ways to describe it.  Right now it's like being locked in a room with a radio, and the incessant chatter gradually becomes louder and louder, until no amount of affirmations can control your emotional responses to the stimuli.  I took a diazepam last night, which resets the radio to a low volume, but I don't have many left.  I'm seeing the doctor in early February for some more, as I'm anxious to get some in before Brexit.

I'm increasingly concerned I'm going to die alone and childless, and it just makes me very sad.  And even though I seem a relatively stable and capable person, I'm so emotionally fragile I falls to bits under the slightest bit of pressure.  Me, trying to apply for 20 jobs a day?  A fucking day?  Facing sanctions, possibly being put onto UC?

Sod Dry January!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #6682 on: January 25, 2019, 01:39:29 am »
^^^
Enjoy the Park.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #6683 on: January 25, 2019, 10:13:13 am »
This time a year ago, I was in and out of hospital after initially having a paracetamol overdose and then constantly trying to hang myself for about a month. It was the worst time of my life.

I've since gone through my Masters - still a few modules to complete, but I'll get through that. I then went into the big wide world and got a job and subsequently left because I was lied to about what it entailed. For months I was unemployed and very, very low. But I've now been offered my dream job and things are so far on their way up that I currently can't believe it.

I've met the girl of my dreams. Whereas my ex was telling me everyone hated me and to go kill myself, my current girlfriend is telling me I can do whatever I want and she supported me no matter how low and desperate I was about needing a job.

I guess I just wanted to say how happy I am, how much things can change in a year and to say thank you to everyone in this thread who messaged when I was low. And to everyone who's low now, I can honestly say that I was so down last year. Things can get better, especially with the support from RAWK.

Cheers, fellas  ;D
Great to read this, I felt your pain December 2017.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6684 on: January 25, 2019, 06:13:05 pm »
^^^
Enjoy the Park.

I will.  When I'm more settled and the weather is nicer. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6685 on: January 25, 2019, 09:13:42 pm »
This time a year ago, I was in and out of hospital after initially having a paracetamol overdose and then constantly trying to hang myself for about a month. It was the worst time of my life.

I've since gone through my Masters - still a few modules to complete, but I'll get through that. I then went into the big wide world and got a job and subsequently left because I was lied to about what it entailed. For months I was unemployed and very, very low. But I've now been offered my dream job and things are so far on their way up that I currently can't believe it.

I've met the girl of my dreams. Whereas my ex was telling me everyone hated me and to go kill myself, my current girlfriend is telling me I can do whatever I want and she supported me no matter how low and desperate I was about needing a job.

I guess I just wanted to say how happy I am, how much things can change in a year and to say thank you to everyone in this thread who messaged when I was low. And to everyone who's low now, I can honestly say that I was so down last year. Things can get better, especially with the support from RAWK.

Cheers, fellas  ;D

So made up that everything has turned around for you. I really respect the way you have been able to face this and come through such an awful ordeal. So cool that you've got a wonderful partner too now, its wonderful how life can turn around for you.

I just hope that some of this rubs off on others as well. Keep up the good work.  :wave
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6686 on: January 25, 2019, 09:22:50 pm »
Really uplifting to read some of the good news stories in here. :)

Me, not so great right now.  Barely a week after I moved and updated my address with the DWP and the bastards have sent me out an ESA assessment form.  I was expecting it - one of the reasons I was anxious to update my address - but it's hassle I don't need right now.

I've moved close to Lark Lane and it's a fantastic new home - much warmer than my old place.  And I have friends in the area.  But I am feeling more isolated than ever in some respects.  Very lonely, and trying to rally myself is a constant battle.

I'm really hoping to try and crack on with my art, but I know now that this ESA crap will be a huge distraction over the next couple of months and really suck any enjoyment out of what should be an exciting new adventure for the coming year.

With BPD, there are so many ways to describe it.  Right now it's like being locked in a room with a radio, and the incessant chatter gradually becomes louder and louder, until no amount of affirmations can control your emotional responses to the stimuli.  I took a diazepam last night, which resets the radio to a low volume, but I don't have many left.  I'm seeing the doctor in early February for some more, as I'm anxious to get some in before Brexit.

I'm increasingly concerned I'm going to die alone and childless, and it just makes me very sad.  And even though I seem a relatively stable and capable person, I'm so emotionally fragile I falls to bits under the slightest bit of pressure.  Me, trying to apply for 20 jobs a day?  A fucking day?  Facing sanctions, possibly being put onto UC?

Sod Dry January!

I'm really sad things are not good for you at the moment. But first off try not to think about what you fear will happen in the future. You just need to try and get through the present, I know its easier said than done. Doing some art is a great way of getting your frustrations and feelings out in a non-destructive way. Maybe just try and do some every day for a couple of hours, then try going for a walk, its a great time to be out and about. The timing of the ESA is lousy though and I really feel for you with everything you're having to cope with at the moment. I really hope some of Keita's good fortune comes your way soon.  :(
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6687 on: January 25, 2019, 10:36:40 pm »
I'm really sad things are not good for you at the moment. But first off try not to think about what you fear will happen in the future. You just need to try and get through the present, I know its easier said than done. Doing some art is a great way of getting your frustrations and feelings out in a non-destructive way. Maybe just try and do some every day for a couple of hours, then try going for a walk, its a great time to be out and about. The timing of the ESA is lousy though and I really feel for you with everything you're having to cope with at the moment. I really hope some of Keita's good fortune comes your way soon.  :(

I'm trying.  I love walking and have been doing a fair bit.  I'm also delving into my positive vibes sourcebook and trying to empower myself.  Trying not to get wound up over long term shit or obsesses over planning.  I'm trying to take practical steps without developing OCD on the details or trying to micro manage it.

The crux is I'm lonely and I see too many of my (younger) friends moving on with the lives and getting relationships.  I feel left out.  I need to expand my social circle.  A part of me wants to jack the ESA in, but I'm so fucking fragile.  A bit of bad news can put me down for weeks, and even if I could handle a job I couldn't handle looking for a job.  The stress would honestly kill me.  It's catch 22 right now.

I feel better than I did yesterday though.  I found a CAB and requested an appointment to get my form done.  I have previous forms to work off, and I'll chase them on the appointment next week.  I just don't want to stand still and be left behind again. :(

Popcorn's Art

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6688 on: January 26, 2019, 03:00:06 pm »
I'm trying.  I love walking and have been doing a fair bit.  I'm also delving into my positive vibes sourcebook and trying to empower myself.  Trying not to get wound up over long term shit or obsesses over planning.  I'm trying to take practical steps without developing OCD on the details or trying to micro manage it.

The crux is I'm lonely and I see too many of my (younger) friends moving on with the lives and getting relationships.  I feel left out.  I need to expand my social circle.  A part of me wants to jack the ESA in, but I'm so fucking fragile.  A bit of bad news can put me down for weeks, and even if I could handle a job I couldn't handle looking for a job.  The stress would honestly kill me.  It's catch 22 right now.

I feel better than I did yesterday though.  I found a CAB and requested an appointment to get my form done.  I have previous forms to work off, and I'll chase them on the appointment next week.  I just don't want to stand still and be left behind again. :(
In terms of jobs, mate, I was in a similar situation. Have you tried doing cover letters with your CV? They really, really help.

We got a lot of training in my MA, because when you’re applying  for media jobs, it’s like a little extra “look, I can write.” While you may not be after a creative role, I think that showing your passion really would help. If you’ve got one, or need a hand putting one together, I’d be more than happy to help. Just gimme a pm and I’ll give you my email.

Volunteering at a shelter for homeless people and people with mental illness/learning difficulties today. Feels good to give back. Definitely helps doing something nice/useful with my weekend.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6689 on: January 26, 2019, 03:56:35 pm »
In terms of jobs, mate, I was in a similar situation. Have you tried doing cover letters with your CV? They really, really help.

We got a lot of training in my MA, because when you’re applying  for media jobs, it’s like a little extra “look, I can write.” While you may not be after a creative role, I think that showing your passion really would help. If you’ve got one, or need a hand putting one together, I’d be more than happy to help. Just gimme a pm and I’ll give you my email.

Volunteering at a shelter for homeless people and people with mental illness/learning difficulties today. Feels good to give back. Definitely helps doing something nice/useful with my weekend.

Time to give some of my life story. ;D

My degree is in creative writing, but at the moment I'm trying to establish myself as a commercial artist.  I'm doing this whilst on ESA as I just know I cannot handle a mainstream job anymore.  This basically involves me spending hours in coffee shops or at home working on "core" images of Liverpool landmarks; visits to the printers for copies that I can then complete individually for printing greeting cards, mugs etc.  But I'm only at a very early stage in all of this.  I'm hoping that, now that I've moved, I can get a dedicated art station to work at home on bigger and more ambitious projects.

I volunteer once or twice a week down at Red Brick Vintage.  The people who run it are fantastic and very supportive of me and my work.  They let me have a little plinth off to one side, rent free, and in return I help out every now and again - moving stuff, tidying or painting.

I love what I am doing, but it would be impossible to earn a living off of it as things stand.  I keep telling myself I'm still making a useful contribution to society, and am not being a leech or a scrounger.  But I fell mentally ill 10 years or more ago now and I doubt I'll ever be "better" in classic sense of the word. 

I am just trying to keep busy, educate myself as best I can (my learning ability has pretty much fallen off a cliff).  Most of the time I'm stable, but fragile; and I don't have a lot of emotional resilience anymore.  I can be short tempered, paranoid and insecure.

I'm hoping to do more now in 2019; maybe adult learning courses (there's an ALC close by), get back to the gym, do rock climbing etc.  Anything and everything that gets me out of my comfort zone, meeting new people, broadening my social circle and sharpening my social skills so that, perhaps, I can bond more easily with other guys (I don't feel comfortable around men at all since I was bullied at school, dealt with shit teachers, and had an overbearing older brother who pretty much emasculated me).  I also hope it will boost my confidence with women (girls tried to protect me in school; I feel much safer around women but I'm tired of being everybody's best "gal pal").

But I need to go at my own pace and I just want the DWP to leave me the fuck alone.  I'd love nothing more than to tell them to shove their ESA up their arse; I hate depending on it.  But there's no way on Earth I can walk into the kind of job I'd need to run my life.  I'd be dead in a week.

PS: I struggle to help other people with problems, mostly because I'm an empath and something of a lightning rod for the suffering of others.  I have to keep my distance to protect myself, even with some people I count as close friends.  I had one amazing friend who really worked with me and developing myself, and I did the same with her.  It was a true sharing friendship, but then I screwed it up because I wanted more and couldn't accept her boundaries.  I've been devastated ever since. :(
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 03:59:00 pm by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6690 on: January 27, 2019, 02:31:15 am »
I need some advice. Last summer, I was talking to a couple of friends who have also struggled with depression, anxiety, and drug/drink problems. The conversation got quite deep, and my friend, who I’ve known for 19 years admitted he was abused by an older lad when he was younger. Some old memories of mine were dug up, and I realised that my cousin, she is 4 years older than me, abused me when i was 11/12 (so she was 15/16). She called it “naughty games” and told me to touch her in certain places and she’d touch me and kiss me with tongues. I hadn’t gone through puberty back then so it wasn’t sexual to me, but now I’m thinking it could be a reason for my problems later on in life? I suffered with panic attacks at 12, which must have been around that time, and I’m only just seeing the significance.

Since the conversation, I’ve been struggling a bit more as I haven’t told anyone, not even my partner, and the memories have been eating at me.

Should I tell my family?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #6691 on: January 27, 2019, 08:15:05 pm »
I need some advice. Last summer, I was talking to a couple of friends who have also struggled with depression, anxiety, and drug/drink problems. The conversation got quite deep, and my friend, who I’ve known for 19 years admitted he was abused by an older lad when he was younger. Some old memories of mine were dug up, and I realised that my cousin, she is 4 years older than me, abused me when i was 11/12 (so she was 15/16). She called it “naughty games” and told me to touch her in certain places and she’d touch me and kiss me with tongues. I hadn’t gone through puberty back then so it wasn’t sexual to me, but now I’m thinking it could be a reason for my problems later on in life? I suffered with panic attacks at 12, which must have been around that time, and I’m only just seeing the significance.

Since the conversation, I’ve been struggling a bit more as I haven’t told anyone, not even my partner, and the memories have been eating at me.

Should I tell my family?

Difficult knowing how the family would react, without knowing them or the relationship.

I feel vastly under qualified to give specific advice on that.

You do however need to tell someone, whether it's your partner (that may be difficult too) or someone professional.

If something is eating at you, you need to let it out in my mind. Keeping anything like that bottled up inside you will do you more harm in the long run.

Offline M_B

• Main Stander
« Reply #6692 on: January 28, 2019, 10:24:19 am »

Should I tell my family?

I would recommend going to a sexual Psychotherapist. Mine costs £50 an hour and I go once a week. Best money I have ever spent. I did eventually tell my family too, but I would recommend the Psychotherapist first.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #6693 on: February 1, 2019, 01:46:51 am »

Should I tell my family?

I don't know if you have made any decisions on this yet, but I don't think there are any 'shoulds' in this. It really does depend on what you, yourself, feel right in doing.

You suggest that you are only now realising the significance of this experience and seeing a potential link between this and problems you later went on to have in your life. You also say the memories are troubling you. That would suggest to me that you may well benefit from talking it through with someone. Keeping it locked inside when it's clearly eating you up is not really a good idea as far as your mental wellbeing is concerned.

Who do you tell?

Well that's a difficult one. Without knowing your partner or family it is hard to say whether talking to them first would be a good thing or not. With some families they could go off on one and kick off on the cousin, making the whole scenario even worse than it currently is. However they react, it could be a real can of worms opening up within the extended family, so would need careful consideration beforehand.

This is obviously a deeply personal issue for you, and only you know your partner well enough to know how she might respond.

Personally speaking, I think I'd see if I could get some counselling. There are lots out there and the BACP website has a 'Find a Therapist' facility if you want to look for one near to your locality.  https://www.bacp.co.uk/search/Therapists

If you don't want to pay or cannot afford therapist prices then your GP should be able to point you in the direction of organisations that may offer free counselling although there is usually a waiting list. If you did go down this route then it should help you work out just how you feel around what happened to you and also help you come to conclusions over whether or not to tell your family or deal with it yourself privately. At least with a therapist you know what you say will be confidential and you will not be judged in any way. Just having a safe space to discuss your experiences and your feelings around them might help enormously. This can give you the time and space to work out how you wish to proceed.

You could also look online for services that support male survivors of sexual abuse. This link also links to other sites...   http://www.malesurvivor.co.uk/male-survivor-partnership-members/

Whatever you choose to do, I hope it helps you do deal with what happened. Take care of yourself.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline StockyRacistBannedTwat

• Main Stander
  • J'aime le rock progressif
« Reply #6694 on: February 1, 2019, 05:50:44 pm »
Advice wanted
I am having problems coping atm,I was on all kinds of prescribed medication,I have binned all of my tablets,I am so afraid of taking another overdose,I have shut myself off from friends and family,I am too scared to talk to someone face to face,my anxiety levels are through the roof,I feel I can ask on here because I am fairly anonymous,I need help but I don't know what to do
San Miguel,LFC and Prog Rock=The best place to be :)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6695 on: February 1, 2019, 06:14:09 pm »
Advice wanted
I am having problems coping atm,I was on all kinds of prescribed medication,I have binned all of my tablets,I am so afraid of taking another overdose,I have shut myself off from friends and family,I am too scared to talk to someone face to face,my anxiety levels are through the roof,I feel I can ask on here because I am fairly anonymous,I need help but I don't know what to do

In my own case, I was having my winter flu jab in Jan last year and plucked up the courage to speak to the nurse about my issues. She talked to me in a very supportive way and made an appointment for me to see the GP - I then went into one to one therapy. I'm currently going through online CBT with telephone support.

If you don't feel you are ready to speak to your GP, the links below were posted up at Christmas - get in touch with one of these and they will be able to help.

The main thing I will say is speak to someone and get the professional help you need. I've finally started feeling better and am so glad I took the steps.

From HUKD:

As someone who's now completely fine with admitting I went through dark times of depression that did ultimately lead to overwhelming feelings of loneliness too, these charities and organisations really help.

If this post just helps one person, I feel that it is worthwhile posting.

Mind

MindInfoline: 0300 123 3393
mind.org.uk/information-support/helplines/

The Mix

Helpline: 0808 808 4994
themix.org.uk
(Online chat & Mesenger service also available)

Age UK

Helpline: 0800 169 6565
ageuk.org.uk

The Samaritans

Tel: 116 123
samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/contact-us

Cruse Festive Bereavement Helpline

Free helpline: 0808 808 1677
cruse.org.uk/telephone-support/christmas

Family Lives - Divorce and Separation

Free helpline :08088002222
familylives.org.uk/advice/divorce-and-separation/coping-with-holidays/coping-with-christmas-when-your-divorced-or-separated/

There are lots of fantastic organisations so please don't feel alone this festive period. Tjis is a great community so hopefully nobody feels alone. Its good to talk.

Fingers crossed that this post doesn't come across as too morbid 🤞🙏

Thank you @Cymru12
For those living in Wales there’s also C.A.L.L. (community advice & listening line) 0800 132 737.
callhelpline.org.uk

Thank you @ewen1605
For men who are feeling down or in crisis, you can also call CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably):
0800 585858 (5pm - midnight)
thecalmzone.net

Thank you @Delightful123
SANEline, the specialist mental health helpline, offers confidential emotional support.
Available on 0300 304 7000 between 6pm and 11pm each evening. Open as usual over Christmas.

SilverLine
A free, confidential helpline providing information, friendship and advice to older people, open 24 hours a day, every day of the year. 0800 4 70 80 90

DrinkLine
The national alcohol helpline. If you're worried about your own or someone elses drinking, you can call free, in complete confidence on 0300 123 1110 (weekdays 9am – 8pm, weekends 11am – 4pm). Open as usual over Christmas.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6696 on: February 1, 2019, 07:26:59 pm »
Advice wanted

Sorry to hear this.

There are lots of good links there posted by Rob.

When I've been really desperate in the past and needed to offload safely I've called the Samaritans. They've actually helped save my life at least once simply by being there and listening. As you probably know, like all counsellors the Samaritans do not offer advice. That's not what counselling is about. But they will give you a safe and confidential space in which to talk about how you feel.

In the longer term I'd certainly suggest seeing your GP and ask to be referred to a counselling service. These can assess your needs and offer you suitable support.

If you feel you are in immediate danger of harming yourself then your GP could maybe refer you to the mental health crisis team in your area.

I know seeking help can be scary, but the risks with not seeking help if you desperately need it are even scarier. Accessing help can be uncomfortable, but is it anymore uncomfortable than living life as you are at present?

You've already taken the first step by opening up here.

Take care of yourself.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2019, 07:28:38 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline M_B

• Main Stander
« Reply #6697 on: February 4, 2019, 11:37:40 am »
Advice wanted

What is it you are scared about? (You don't have to answer here) As others have said, try to express what you are scared about to another human being. It's difficult - I was raped when I was 12 years old while on a family holiday. I was unable to tell anyone for 34 years and I came close to suicide. However thanks to Psychotherapy I finally opened up and the sense of relief to have voiced my deepest fears was immense.

Isolating yourself is not the answer. It's important to stay connected as much as possible with friends and family even if they aren't the ones you tell. It's difficult I know, but take it one day at a time, stay around those who care for you and find someone to speak to.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6698 on: February 5, 2019, 01:34:06 am »
Anyone else have that feeling where you're not really suicidal but you just wish if you'd be involved in a deadly crash or sleep and never wake up? Been having that feeling in me for quite some time to be honest.

I feel like my family would get over the heartache better than if I was to commit suicide.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6699 on: February 5, 2019, 01:55:02 am »
Anyone else have that feeling where you're not really suicidal but you just wish if you'd be involved in a deadly crash or sleep and never wake up? Been having that feeling in me for quite some time to be honest.

I feel like my family would get over the heartache better than if I was to commit suicide.
I know that feeling. There have been a number of times in my life that I've been genuinely suicidal. We are talking plans, method etc here, but there have also been many, many times where I've not been at such a critical point but still wished I could go to sleep and never wake up again.

For me it pretty much always came in response to me feeling unhappy over something or other. Aspects of my life that were unstable and problematic. I'd say it was also in response to not really feeling in control of my life.

Maybe in your own case it might be worth looking at what might be bothering you and leading you to feel like this. Address that, and you should feel better about things and see yourself having these kinds of thoughts and feelings a lot less.

Take care of yourself.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #6700 on: February 5, 2019, 02:19:50 pm »

Know the feeling very well as I am going through one hell of a tough period myself.

And what's worse is that I often feel that whatever happens, suicide or otherwise, everyone will eventually move on... and one day, in a decade or two, once the parents/siblings have passed on, no one will remember if I ever existed.

But, knowing all that, we still gotta power on. And I would suggest talking about how you feel with a loved on or a professional.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #6701 on: February 5, 2019, 07:06:02 pm »
This might seem shallow, but I have a problem. I have been working with this girl for the last couple of years and got along really well with her. All this time she has had a boyfriend, so I have not really thought of her more than a collegue. However, something has changed the last 8 months. through these years we have talked a lot and I`ve caught myself thinking about her differently. But still, I have just thought it. I have not had a choice. She has been taken. I realize that I like her.  I`ve sort of accepted that I can`t do anything about it an I`ve kept it to myself.

A time ago she said she was pregnant(with her boyfriend) . It caught me off guard. My body didn`t react well. If I had vibes that I really liked her before, this was an eye opener on just how much. I have got into a depression over it. Just so sad. It has really dawned on me that that`s really it. It`s over. I can`t do anything. It`s final if I ever had any hopes things could be different.

I share an office with this girl every day. She sits right beside me and will be reminded about this all the time. I need to function at work.

What do I do? Just sick of this feeling.

Online End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6702 on: February 5, 2019, 07:17:34 pm »

It ain't shallow dont worry mate
Accept that she is happy in her life and be happy for her in that respect.  If you did make a move etc it would be destroying a relationship and that isn't a great place to be as little good comes from that as a starting point. Accepting that it is never going to happen is something that will pass.

Best way to deal with it is find someone else and down the line you will not think of this colleague in that way.

Take it easy.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2019, 07:19:42 pm by End Product »
No time for caution.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6703 on: February 5, 2019, 07:25:20 pm »
You`re right. Wish it could be different, but it isn`t. 

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6704 on: February 5, 2019, 11:39:37 pm »
This might seem shallow, but I have a problem. I have been working with this girl for the last couple of years and got along really well with her. All this time she has had a boyfriend, so I have not really thought of her more than a collegue. However, something has changed the last 8 months. through these years we have talked a lot and I`ve caught myself thinking about her differently. But still, I have just thought it. I have not had a choice. She has been taken. I realize that I like her.  I`ve sort of accepted that I can`t do anything about it an I`ve kept it to myself.

A time ago she said she was pregnant(with her boyfriend) . It caught me off guard. My body didn`t react well. If I had vibes that I really liked her before, this was an eye opener on just how much. I have got into a depression over it. Just so sad. It has really dawned on me that that`s really it. It`s over. I can`t do anything. It`s final if I ever had any hopes things could be different.

I share an office with this girl every day. She sits right beside me and will be reminded about this all the time. I need to function at work.

It's not shallow at all. You have clearly developed a good relationship with this girl over quite some time. For you, it seems that it crossed a line from being a good friend / colleague kind of relationship into something where your feelings became a bit stronger. OK, you couldn't act upon that because she already has a boyfriend. Thing is, you no doubt still harboured some hope that one day there might be a chance that she would be single again and she may also feel similar towards you as you now do for her.

Suddenly finding out that this girl is pregnant to her long-term boyfriend pretty much scuppers all those hopes you probably still had, and that is always going to feel like a kick in the guts. I think that's quite a natural reaction, and not one to overly worry about. When you think there may be some hope in the future, it's easier to take it slow and see how it pans out. With a baby to her partner in the mix, this is always going to feel crushing to you as it dashes those hopes, however feint they may have been. As I said, these low feelings just now are normal and natural in the circumstances and will pass with time.

I agree with End Product. You still have your friendship, so carry on cherishing that. Your lives are going in different directions, but as End Product suggests, if you care about her, be happy for her. You personally - well you have shown with this girl that you can cultivate a really good platonic relationship. You can certainly do this again in different circumstances in the future. Circumstances which may well lead to a more fuller relationship with someone that is a two-way street where your affections can not only be appreciated, but returned too.

Some things just aren't meant to be. As sad and as painful as that often is when it happens, we just have to accept it and move on. The good thing in your situation is you can move on whilst still keeping this lady as a good friend and colleague. In the long run, that's a win/win situation. Blurting your feelings out in desperation (I've done it myself  :-\ ) can result in driving a wedge between you and this girl, so I'd steer clear of that if you can.

I wish you all the best. It obviously stings just now, but you will come through this and move forward at some point with someone who is into you as much as you are into them.  :)
« Last Edit: February 5, 2019, 11:42:33 pm by Son of Spion »

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6705 on: February 6, 2019, 06:46:33 am »
Thank you for the advice. Really appriciate that you take the time writing back like that. And you are both right. I just got to get over it the best I can.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6706 on: February 6, 2019, 12:40:48 pm »
Thank you for the advice. Really appriciate that you take the time writing back like that. And you are both right. I just got to get over it the best I can.
You're welcome. Take care of yourself, and all the best for the future.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6707 on: February 8, 2019, 01:47:36 pm »
Why is it so difficult to forget a first love, anyone else feel like this after many years? Had a bout of depression a while ago when I had a painful breakup with my ex. By far the worst period of my life where I thought many times about ending it. I’ve been fine since then but last year marked 10 years since we first got together and the feelings/memories came flooding back like a tsunami. Stuff I had long forgotten about all came back to me and have to say, it hurts like a dagger through the heart. Feel so lethargic at the moment and haven’t been to the gym for a few months. I’m just glad the Reds are on the up otherwise I’d be close to breaking point.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6708 on: February 8, 2019, 02:47:41 pm »

Edit: Sorry mixed up Keita success and king.keita. Eugh.
« Last Edit: February 8, 2019, 04:44:45 pm by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6709 on: February 8, 2019, 06:40:48 pm »
Why is it so difficult to forget a first love, anyone else feel like this after many years? Had a bout of depression a while ago when I had a painful breakup with my ex. By far the worst period of my life where I thought many times about ending it. I’ve been fine since then but last year marked 10 years since we first got together and the feelings/memories came flooding back like a tsunami. Stuff I had long forgotten about all came back to me and have to say, it hurts like a dagger through the heart. Feel so lethargic at the moment and haven’t been to the gym for a few months. I’m just glad the Reds are on the up otherwise I’d be close to breaking point.
I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but I wouldn't actually try to forget it. I understand the break-up was, and still is painful, but I'm sure your time together also brought you both lots of good times and happiness. I'd remember them and cherish them for what they were.

My first proper love lasted six years and it broke me in bits when it ended, but in hindsight it ended for a reason. That ended 35 years ago now and I learned a lot about others, myself, relationships and life in general because of it. Funny enough, I can't stand the sight of her now. We developed in different directions and would never get on these days. Things, and people, change, don't they.

With all my past relationships , and many were deeply intense, I just look to remember the good times and learn from the bad. I don't try to forget any of it. It was what it was.

The best way to deal with any residual pain is simply to get on with your life now and make it as good as you can. Be mindful of the past, but live in the present. Acknowledge those resurfacing memories, acknowledge the pain they bring g with them too, but also remember the good stuff and all you learned in the time you spent together. At the same time, maybe reconsider getting back down to the gym, getting yourself back on track and living your life well.

I know it's not easy. I've had heart broken a fair number of times and it devastated me. I ended up on a psych ward once due to the strain. It's not worth killing ourselves over though, you know. I see that now, and would have reacted differently if I knew then what I know now. Hindsight, eh. It's such a wonderful thing.

Take care of yourself, but try to keep in mind that the best way of dealing with a painful past is to create a stable, workable, enjoyable present and future.

All the best.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6710 on: February 8, 2019, 09:40:06 pm »
I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but I wouldn't actually try to forget it. I understand the break-up was, and still is painful, but I'm sure your time together also brought you both lots of good times and happiness. I'd remember them and cherish them for what they were.

My first proper love lasted six years and it broke me in bits when it ended, but in hindsight it ended for a reason. That ended 35 years ago now and I learned a lot about others, myself, relationships and life in general because of it. Funny enough, I can't stand the sight of her now. We developed in different directions and would never get on these days. Things, and people, change, don't they.

With all my past relationships , and many were deeply intense, I just look to remember the good times and learn from the bad. I don't try to forget any of it. It was what it was.

The best way to deal with any residual pain is simply to get on with your life now and make it as good as you can. Be mindful of the past, but live in the present. Acknowledge those resurfacing memories, acknowledge the pain they bring g with them too, but also remember the good stuff and all you learned in the time you spent together. At the same time, maybe reconsider getting back down to the gym, getting yourself back on track and living your life well.

I know it's not easy. I've had heart broken a fair number of times and it devastated me. I ended up on a psych ward once due to the strain. It's not worth killing ourselves over though, you know. I see that now, and would have reacted differently if I knew then what I know now. Hindsight, eh. It's such a wonderful thing.

Take care of yourself, but try to keep in mind that the best way of dealing with a painful past is to create a stable, workable, enjoyable present and future.

All the best.
Much appreciate the response mate :wave

Your second paragraph hits close to home because funnily enough I can't stand the sight of her now either. And it's not because she looks like a trainwreck now :P she used to be pretty but now when I see her face I just see hate and betrayal. Funny how love does that.

I don't think I can ever forget what we had together, it was too special. It's just the way we broke up that stings. I never really got any closure either and that can really wreak havoc on a human being's mind. I still find myself going on her Facebook from time to time to see what he's upto (we're not friends on there) . It's a very dangerous emotion to have but I guess I have to learn to live with it. Not worth the heartache anymore.

And yep going straight down to the gym tomorrow morning and hopefully whip myself into the shape I used to be, then see the reds go back top. Thanks again for the reply and take care :)

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6711 on: February 9, 2019, 12:59:49 am »
Much appreciate the response mate :wave

Your second paragraph hits close to home because funnily enough I can't stand the sight of her now either. And it's not because she looks like a trainwreck now :P she used to be pretty but now when I see her face I just see hate and betrayal. Funny how love does that.

I don't think I can ever forget what we had together, it was too special. It's just the way we broke up that stings. I never really got any closure either and that can really wreak havoc on a human being's mind. I still find myself going on her Facebook from time to time to see what he's upto (we're not friends on there) . It's a very dangerous emotion to have but I guess I have to learn to live with it. Not worth the heartache anymore.

And yep going straight down to the gym tomorrow morning and hopefully whip myself into the shape I used to be, then see the reds go back top. Thanks again for the reply and take care :)

You're welcome, mate. I'm just glad the reply was useful in some small way.

You know this already, but the Facebook thing. You know it never does any good. I'd try to bin that off if you can. There is still clearly a wound, so why rub salt into it?
Sometimes, you just have to look after yourself and your own wellbeing.

I don't know how or why you broke up, but you say you have had no closure over it. Break-ups can be intensely painful no matter how they happen. I've had partners walk on me, and I've had to walk on someone I loved deeply because she was a violent abuser. Basically, most break-ups are messy and painful. Very few are amicable. Maybe the best way to gain some closure is simply to draw your own line under it all and move on. At least that way you are in control.

Moving on doesn't have to mean forgetting. The good times are always worth remembering and cherishing. The bad times, although painful, are always good for learning from. I've had lots of good in my life, but a whole heap of bad too. I find that I can always learn something valuable from those experiences though. Used wisely, they are never wasted. We often learn more from things that go wrong than things that go right in life.

It's good that you are going to hit the gym tomorrow. Looking after yourself physically can really help with mental wellbeing too. Keeping the focus on the present and future, rather than on looking backwards, is a positive step. And yes, hopefully the Reds go top again by teatime.

All the best.  :thumbup
« Last Edit: February 9, 2019, 01:02:02 am by Son of Spion »

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6712 on: February 22, 2019, 04:28:03 pm »
Met this incredible girl on a dating app, went on the first date. It was incredible. We clicked on everything, the date lasted for hours and not only did we kiss at the end, we went into a full make out mode which is so unlike me. That was about 10 days ago. For the rest of the week, we texted daily and set up a date the day after Valentine's.

I brought her flowers, we went on dinner and it was going well, we even kissed afterwards, then she took me to a place that she likes. It was a stressful week for me, and I was trying to impress her as much as I did on the first date, plus that place was very small, loud and crowded and my anxiety kicked in into a full panic attack mode. I didn't know what the fuck was going on. I felt I was being strangled but I tried to play it cool. I don't remember much of what I did or said during that time except that I was way too clingy and I acted way out of character. I remember the date ended with a kiss, but it was out of pity I guess more than anything. I texted my apology a couple of days later, but I don't think she is ever going to reply or want to go out again, and I don't blame her.

I'm honestly tired, tired of always being too anxious. My anxiety have been getting the best out of me all the time, lately. I try to go out, I went to learn German which I always wanted to do. I try to meet new people, it is just hard to be acting funny when all what I feel inside is pain. I have a lot of friends, and I opened with a couple of them about my struggles recently, but I feel so lonely and I am hitting the age where I feel if I might accept that I will live and die the rest of my life as a lonely man, which freaks me out. It has been hard to get motivated to do anything recently, even getting groceries. I look at the pictures of how happy I was, just six months ago when I went to Russia for the World cup and look at myself now and I just get even sadder.

I wish it all ends soon, I can't deal with this anymore.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 04:43:42 pm by please, I have my reasons for it but... »
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6713 on: February 22, 2019, 07:39:44 pm »
Met this incredible girl on a dating app, went on the first date. It was incredible. We clicked on everything, the date lasted for hours and not only did we kiss at the end, we went into a full make out mode which is so unlike me. That was about 10 days ago. For the rest of the week, we texted daily and set up a date the day after Valentine's.

I brought her flowers, we went on dinner and it was going well, we even kissed afterwards, then she took me to a place that she likes. It was a stressful week for me, and I was trying to impress her as much as I did on the first date, plus that place was very small, loud and crowded and my anxiety kicked in into a full panic attack mode. I didn't know what the fuck was going on. I felt I was being strangled but I tried to play it cool. I don't remember much of what I did or said during that time except that I was way too clingy and I acted way out of character. I remember the date ended with a kiss, but it was out of pity I guess more than anything. I texted my apology a couple of days later, but I don't think she is ever going to reply or want to go out again, and I don't blame her.

I'm honestly tired, tired of always being too anxious. My anxiety have been getting the best out of me all the time, lately. I try to go out, I went to learn German which I always wanted to do. I try to meet new people, it is just hard to be acting funny when all what I feel inside is pain. I have a lot of friends, and I opened with a couple of them about my struggles recently, but I feel so lonely and I am hitting the age where I feel if I might accept that I will live and die the rest of my life as a lonely man, which freaks me out. It has been hard to get motivated to do anything recently, even getting groceries. I look at the pictures of how happy I was, just six months ago when I went to Russia for the World cup and look at myself now and I just get even sadder.

Sorry to hear all this.

Have you been to see your GP yet? If not, make an appointment and they will get you started on treatment. The help is out there and honestly it can make such a difference, it has turned my life around. I looked at your profile and it says you are 28, so you are still young and there is plenty of time to find someone and settled down, the priority is getting well first.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6714 on: February 25, 2019, 11:48:45 am »
There's never not a reason for being emotional,  but I could do without openly weeping as I'm walking through town trying to get shit done. Thankfully I think most people just thought it was the wind.

Popcorn's Art

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #6715 on: February 25, 2019, 01:30:57 pm »

Get your bloods done and ask for full bloods to be tested including testosterone.

I had all the same feelings as you at first the NHS wanted to put me on pills (SSRI'S) for depression and anxiety but i refused.

Went private and they did full blood test and came out I was low on test. Been on TRT for a year now and my life has fully turned around! Life changing.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6716 on: February 25, 2019, 07:58:46 pm »
Actually, can anybody recommend a good testosterone supplement?  Not in terms of body building of course.

Popcorn's Art

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6717 on: February 25, 2019, 08:13:49 pm »
Actually, can anybody recommend a good testosterone supplement?  Not in terms of body building of course.
Here, watch this matey    :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e-cpHTy534

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6718 on: February 26, 2019, 12:57:08 am »
Here, watch this matey    :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e-cpHTy534

Sorry mate. I know you mean well but there's nothing there I don't already know and haven't already worked on.

Popcorn's Art

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #6719 on: February 26, 2019, 08:28:42 am »

Nothing over the counter works or would be worthwhile.

Lift heavy and sleep well.

Or go see doctor and get on TRT