Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3426081 times)

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!" featuring Mt. Rushmore Head and dabs.
« Reply #32360 on: August 12, 2019, 06:27:51 am »
It works both ways - you can impose a style and buy the players to fit, or you can have some general principles of play, and adapt the rest to the players you have. Getting caught between the two stools is what catches most English/British managers out

Or Hardly any of the players are players he brought in ?

Online JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ole from Molde!" featuring Mt. Rushmore Head and dabs.
« Reply #32361 on: August 12, 2019, 07:23:09 am »
but ole isnt british isnt he. thats what makes him special.

he's ole from molde!

got to admin the scoreline flatters them a bit. every counter attack seems to end up in the net. hope it's unsustainable.

Of course it is. Both teams were awful, and united won't be gifted that much space every week, and they won't come against such an ineffective attacking side every week either.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #32362 on: August 12, 2019, 07:38:28 am »
Loving the media reaction this morning - full of words like 'destruction', 'rout', Utd's front line looking dangerous this season etc.

Any front line with pace is going to look dangerous when the opposition centrebacks are stood on the halfway line all game you numpties.

I can't even begin to imagine how many chances we'd create if Salah and Mane had a whole half a pitch to run into.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 07:41:10 am by Riquende »
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #32363 on: August 12, 2019, 08:28:42 am »
The parking space issue speaks volumes. Ferguson's probably still turning up frequently enough to make this an ongoing dilemma....otherwise, why would anybody give a fuck? An "empty space" set aside for the person who holds the role is just that.

It's not fucking 'haunted' and it's not like it's Ferguson's pipe, slippers and hobnobs somebody wants to re-purpose for themselves, or that cosy, warm side of the bed next to his missus. It's a parking space. Ferguson's got a statue full of birdshit permanently parked outside the ground, and a stand with his name on it.

Perhaps the parking space in question isn't individually 'named' and just says "Manager" in which case, get it named you twats, and let Ferguson and everybody else know [especially Solskjaer] that it's now a transient piece of estate which is automatically inherited by the person the players must currently call 'gaffer.'

I still think it's a combination of Ferguson still turning up however, and Solskjaer being well aware of this, and feeling like a twat displacing him after the many aeons he's been habitually using it.
YNWA

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32364 on: August 12, 2019, 08:30:56 am »
Now that they have the league wrapped up, we can just be grateful they aren't in the CL.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #32365 on: August 12, 2019, 08:40:09 am »
There was a really really odd comment from Solskjaer after the game....

He said ‘we're working on finding style that suits us, suits the players we have’...

Now, I’m no coach (and I know some of you are).. but isn’t it the job of the coaching team to decide on a style, buy players to suit it and spend the preseason coaching them to achieve it?

Or am I being unreasonable?

Wants weird about it is there’s only one way you can play with that squad - a low block and counter attack.
He keeps wanting them to press which is a nonsense, the midfield isn’t athletic or quick enough
As soon as they dropped off in the second half then looked to counter they looked much better

Problem for them is in this league if you want top 4 you’ve got to dominate the dross - don’t think they’re set up to do that at all

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32366 on: August 12, 2019, 09:00:17 am »
They've been irrelevant for a few years, but now that they're champions, it brings back all the reasons why I hate them. Have to put with their smug fans going on about how they're the biggest club in London now. Still congrats to Ole for his spirit of 99, roll on 2021 

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #32367 on: August 12, 2019, 09:00:39 am »
The parking space issue speaks volumes. Ferguson's probably still turning up frequently enough to make this an ongoing dilemma....otherwise, why would anybody give a fuck?

I am not sure if its a cultural thing but when I was holidaying in Bergen Norway, I encountered a couple of instances where I thought they are very sentimental about their life experiences especially if it bought them good luck and happiness. The most obvious one was at the place where we stayed. It was a modern concrete building and at various sections in the house, there were wooden beams that looked visually appealing. But the owner later told us that the beams from his old house where he grew up and was staying for 35 years. And while building the new house, he didnt want to leave the old house behind. So he took with him, certain sections of the strong beams and had them incorporated into the new house. It had a sentimental effect to him.

I dont know/understand if a parking spot could be considered sentimental. But if it is, I wouldnt blame him. Maybe its a "Norway" thing.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32368 on: August 12, 2019, 09:06:33 am »
But that’s something with a connection to his house he lived in for years so can get that. 

The parking spot is just that, the current managers parking spot. The sentimentality for Oleh surely the rest of the training ground which he had a connection to from training there as a player.

It’s just plain weird.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32369 on: August 12, 2019, 09:11:55 am »

He said ‘we're working on finding style that suits us, suits the players we have’...

Now, I’m no coach (and I know some of you are).. but isn’t it the job of the coaching team to decide on a style, buy players to suit it and spend the preseason coaching them to achieve it?

It certainly is odd. I seem to remember him, and the fans, talking about bringing back the much fabled “United way”.  They didn’t mind not winning all the time, remember, the fans and media lost patience with the other managers for not playing “the right way”.

Seeing as that’s the case I assume they’re all disgruntled this morning because, despite winning 4-0, Manchester United had less possession at Old Trafford than the visitors, and they sat there inviting Chelsea on to them so they could counter attack.  That’s not the all out attack, swashbuckling, two wingers carving open the opposition at will, approach they all reckoned is United’s trademark.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #32370 on: August 12, 2019, 09:16:41 am »
Good win. We will lose to Wolves if we perform like that again. Lots of luck. Midfield nonexistent and Pereira a nothing player. We already knew this but didn't buy to compensate.

Pundits on the Sky broadcast called the style of play "off the cuff" and I think that sums up Manchester United under OGS very well.
Love Ren & Stimpy

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32371 on: August 12, 2019, 09:18:55 am »

That's absolutely mind-blowing. A sign that they are a rudderless ship. And it's fucking hilarious.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #32372 on: August 12, 2019, 09:36:30 am »
Wants weird about it is there’s only one way you can play with that squad - a low block and counter attack.
He keeps wanting them to press which is a nonsense, the midfield isn’t athletic or quick enough
As soon as they dropped off in the second half then looked to counter they looked much better

Problem for them is in this league if you want top 4 you’ve got to dominate the dross - don’t think they’re set up to do that at all
They weren’t that high against Chelsea ....

If they have a low block and press then ultimately it will fail..

Shaw is very very slow, McGuire isn’t that quick, and really only WB has genuine pace in that back line
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32373 on: August 12, 2019, 09:40:07 am »
Ole-Gunnar looked like he couldn't believe they won at the final whistle. He was trying his hardest to suppress a big grin.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32374 on: August 12, 2019, 09:41:14 am »
As expected Utd are back winning the league. Maguire imperious, Rashford the world's best.

I thought they would make a good start but first six weeks of any season usually produces odd results as it does as the arse end. However, on the positive side if it keeps Ole there it can only be a good thing.

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #32375 on: August 12, 2019, 09:55:29 am »
I am not sure if its a cultural thing but when I was holidaying in Bergen Norway, I encountered a couple of instances where I thought they are very sentimental about their life experiences especially if it bought them good luck and happiness. The most obvious one was at the place where we stayed. It was a modern concrete building and at various sections in the house, there were wooden beams that looked visually appealing. But the owner later told us that the beams from his old house where he grew up and was staying for 35 years. And while building the new house, he didnt want to leave the old house behind. So he took with him, certain sections of the strong beams and had them incorporated into the new house. It had a sentimental effect to him.

I dont know/understand if a parking spot could be considered sentimental. But if it is, I wouldnt blame him. Maybe its a "Norway" thing.
I think if Solskjaer wins a major trophy managing United, the parking space issue will turn into a warm anecdote passed down the generations until we're all walking around in space suits with jet-packs etc...

If he doesn't win them a major trophy, history will document it as another lament about the Ferguson 'shadow' and how it was still psychologically crippling the successive generations.
YNWA

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32376 on: August 12, 2019, 10:20:52 am »
Apparently, Daniel James’s dad died while he was negotiating his United contract this summer. Chuffed for the lad now that he scored (I wondered why he was so emotional after the goal, it seemed more than just a debut thing). Takes a strong person to go through that at 21 and score on his debut at OT.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32377 on: August 12, 2019, 10:54:08 am »
Missus watched this when she got home last night on MOTD. I avoided the game part, having already suffered it during the day, but sadly caught the pundits, what they fuck were they smoking? They were all pumped up over that shitshow and talking about Herman Munster in the same way you would talk about Virgil, he seriously got MOTM? He moves like a fucking oil tanker and that midfield of their will get destroyed by a hell of a lot of the League - if Wolves play like they did last season, the bubble will burst very very quickly.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32378 on: August 12, 2019, 11:14:59 am »

It's just standard brown nosing and deference, appealing to fans sentimentality. All very much English things, not Norwegian.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32379 on: August 12, 2019, 11:27:22 am »
Missus watched this when she got home last night on MOTD. I avoided the game part, having already suffered it during the day, but sadly caught the pundits, what they fuck were they smoking? They were all pumped up over that shitshow and talking about Herman Munster in the same way you would talk about Virgil, he seriously got MOTM? He moves like a fucking oil tanker and that midfield of their will get destroyed by a hell of a lot of the League - if Wolves play like they did last season, the bubble will burst very very quickly.

Get used to it during any win. Actually during any game - they want NEED to big up the most expensive defender in the world, playing for their favorite team, who happens to be English. Even during losses - it won't be his fault.

And good for James given his situation etc. - but that was a massive deflection. Kepa was there and then the deflection took it away from him.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #32380 on: August 12, 2019, 12:13:46 pm »
I think if Solskjaer wins a major trophy managing United, the parking space issue will turn into a warm anecdote passed down the generations until we're all walking around in space suits with jet-packs etc...

If he doesn't win them a major trophy, history will document it as another lament about the Ferguson 'shadow' and how it was still psychologically crippling the successive generations.
Yeah pretty much. It's all dictated by victories. He wins and none of that dumb shite matters. Thing is this team, and particularly it's midfield, is not going to win major trophies as things stand

We needed Bruno or Ndombele or anybody in midfield badly. We will be desperately searching for a RW in January I think. This counter attack with the terrible technique on display from the players yesterday will suffer against clinical teams.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #32381 on: August 12, 2019, 12:16:31 pm »
Hes talking about their clothing, music and snapchat accounts.

Keep up, man!

You've forgotten emojis and hair styles.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32382 on: August 12, 2019, 12:22:09 pm »
They'll come crashing back down to earth when Wolves turn them over next week.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32384 on: August 12, 2019, 12:47:34 pm »
Pogba in Garth's first TOTW ;D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49314485?ns_source=facebook&ns_campaign=bbc_sport&ns_linkname=sport&ns_mchannel=social&fbclid=IwAR1crpN5v3dp_cxaMf1njiRIml-JihNvuLW9ipYccWbIKFEBMv2K1mwUMJM
One Liverpool player 😂 Crooks is bantz turned up to 11, also Ederson, after his team wins 5-0, the licence fee pays this biffs wages for his expert opinion, what a time to be alive

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #32385 on: August 12, 2019, 01:01:17 pm »
Ole-Gunnar looked like he couldn't believe they won at the final whistle. He was trying his hardest to suppress a big grin.

If we'd beaten Chelsea 4-0 at home, then I think Klopp would have had a big grin as well.

As poor as Chelsea were and as fortunate as Manchester United were - 4-0 against someone expected to be easily among the top four is an excellent result.

Manchester United have an opportunity to learn lessons, use the result in their favour and press on. The worst thing they can do is think they have cracked it and they are the best team in the league. That might kick them up the arse sooner rather than later..
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32386 on: August 12, 2019, 01:25:47 pm »
If we'd beaten Chelsea 4-0 at home, then I think Klopp would have had a big grin as well.

As poor as Chelsea were and as fortunate as Manchester United were - 4-0 against someone expected to be easily among the top four is an excellent result.

Manchester United have an opportunity to learn lessons, use the result in their favour and press on. The worst thing they can do is think they have cracked it and they are the best team in the league. That might kick them up the arse sooner rather than later..

I'd try and clarify what I mean, but since English isn't my 1st language I struggle to do so. Whilst Klopp would smile and be happy, it'd be because of the plan working like he thought and sheer joy. OGS smiled more out of disbelief, like a poker player pulling out a 3 outer on the river.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #32387 on: August 12, 2019, 01:36:10 pm »
They’re gonna win everything! Even the world cup

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32389 on: August 12, 2019, 01:50:49 pm »
I'd say they even fancy their chances in the World Snooker Championship

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #32390 on: August 12, 2019, 02:01:50 pm »
One Liverpool player 😂 Crooks is bantz turned up to 11, also Ederson, after his team wins 5-0, the licence fee pays this biffs wages for his expert opinion, what a time to be alive

Quote from: Garth
This keeper has nerves of steel. Quite apart from playing passes with his feet inches from his goalline, Ederson is very capable of making match-winning saves.

Did you know? Ederson made three saves against West Ham

So in a game where they won 5-0, and he made 3 saves, in what world were any of them considered match-winning? Surely he could have nipped off for a couple of pints and come back at full time to a 5-3 win.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32391 on: August 12, 2019, 02:08:59 pm »
Pretty sure he only put Ederson in so that he could question his neck tattoo.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #32392 on: August 12, 2019, 02:35:15 pm »
I'd say they even fancy their chances in the World Snooker Championship

They have a good chance! They got new signings and everything.

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #32393 on: August 12, 2019, 05:28:33 pm »
Doubt it mate. Spurs were handed all the titles when they showed an interest in Dybala. Everyone's resigned to playing for runners up spots this year. Imagine if they'd signed him and how much more they'd have won

There was talk on here that UEFA and FIFA were gonna give them 3 cups for each Title
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #32394 on: August 12, 2019, 09:19:01 pm »
I love that they’ve already forgotten what twats they looked after a few games of the Molde one, and have gone full swagger again.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32395 on: August 12, 2019, 09:51:19 pm »

I think we know which of those two options they will go for. The one with the most 'swagger'.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32396 on: August 12, 2019, 09:56:57 pm »

Kloppo would have had a grin for a completely different reason though.  He'd actually expect our boys to win and he'd be very proud of them for doing so.  Ole was probably flabbergasted by the result. ;D 
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32397 on: August 13, 2019, 12:04:41 am »
Took them one game to return to full delusion

Parker: Wan Bissaka is the best RB in the league ahead of Trent

Ferdinand: Dybala didn't have the minerals to play for the mancs

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32398 on: August 13, 2019, 12:05:09 am »
Pretty sure he only put Ederson in so that he could question his neck tattoo.

Yeah he does this a lot, puts players in just so he can take a dig. He's done it a few times with us when he has something snarky to say about Klopp, but he just comes off looking a prick as usual.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #32399 on: August 13, 2019, 12:11:29 am »
Took them one game to return to full delusion

Parker: Wan Bissaka is the best RB in the league ahead of Trent
It's hilarious how they are back to the 70s already. Anyone who they signed was automatically declared the best in the country or even the world in his position. Strange how this Bissaka fella wasn't seen as the best in the country last season, but suddenly now is after just one game for the Mancshite.

Embarrassing stuff.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 12:13:19 am by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.