Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 878979 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Echo Update on Anfield Road Extension
« Reply #680 on: May 4, 2020, 12:08:53 pm »
If only we could bring construction forward rather than delaying it. As things stand we could have the stadium ready by the time fans are allowed back in!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #681 on: May 4, 2020, 12:28:57 pm »
The extension will be financed by borrowing not revenue. Shirt sales have fuck all to do with it.

And construction spend typically follows the classic 's-curve' with most of the spend occurring later in the project

example 's-curve'

So for an 18-month programme you would only draw down borrowing for around 25% of the total cost in the first 9 months.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #682 on: May 6, 2020, 06:04:37 pm »
The extension will be financed by borrowing not revenue. Shirt sales have fuck all to do with it.

And construction spend typically follows the classic 's-curve' with most of the spend occurring later in the project
So for an 18-month programme you would only draw down borrowing for around 25% of the total cost in the first 9 months.

There are many versions of that curve (depending on how it is built (precast construction versus site construction) or structure costs versus fit-out costs.  And there are many ways to borrow for it but assuming interest-only payments and that as with the main stand, the lower portion stays open the cash flow from the stadium would remain largely positive throughout. However, if it is built with no income, the cashflow is all the wrong way. Right now even more than ever 'cash' is king (even if it's borrowed}.

Of course, in the case where there might be no interest to pay, the lenders will still be less keen to lend in this environment - if their other investments are looking a bit sick.

Sorry to say, either way I don't think anyone will be in a rush right now to put the money into a market where ongoing unemployment could be a significant factor.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2020, 06:08:13 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #683 on: May 28, 2020, 09:17:47 am »
Keep seeing updates of the Bernabeu work. Feels like bad timing and missed a trick not being able to do the work now.
I get the reasons why not, but my small brain goes - empty stadium for a bit - get it done.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #684 on: May 28, 2020, 10:18:22 am »
No planning permission means work wouldn't have been able to start anyway

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #685 on: May 28, 2020, 10:25:05 am »
No planning permission means work wouldn't have been able to start anyway

Wasnt planning permission to be sought in time for September?

Doesn't matter in either case.  We're going to have to cut expenditure over the next 18 months, and right now I'd rather have Werner than a new stand.  ;)

Popcorn's Art

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #686 on: May 28, 2020, 10:27:46 am »
Towards the end of the year wasn't it? Don't think they specified September. Either way they wouldn't be able to build whilst the ground was empty now, or for the last few months, and by the time they'd submitted permission and had it granted there's a chance fans might be allowed back in the ground again. Tough decision to make but delaying it a year I think they've made the right one.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: May 28, 2020, 10:31:33 am »
Oh yeah, absolutely.  But if the neutral venue criteria sticks, it's easy enough to dream of an accelerated build. There's no point for the time being though.

Popcorn's Art

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #688 on: May 30, 2020, 10:26:59 pm »
Wasnt planning permission to be sought in time for September?

Doesn't matter in either case.  We're going to have to cut expenditure over the next 18 months, and right now I'd rather have Werner than a new stand.  ;)

I'd rather have a better chance of getting a ticket to see my local club, Werner can wait his turn like the rest of us.  ;)
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #689 on: June 1, 2020, 09:54:32 am »
I see Everton have delayed their stadium build to see if the safe standing regulations and increased relaxations around these will allow for a greater capacity (reported in the Echo  in the last day of two).....

wonder whether this is playing a part in the new Annie Road application being delayed up to 12 month?  Would be a sensible move by the club and clearly they wouldn’t want to say this out allowed due to opponents of safe standing within the fan base, but that may change over time as other clubs start using/testing
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: June 1, 2020, 09:57:14 am »
I see Everton have delayed their stadium build to see if the safe standing regulations and increased relaxations around these will allow for a greater capacity (reported in the Echo  in the last day of two).....

wonder whether this is playing a part in the new Annie Road application being delayed up to 12 month?  Would be a sensible move by the club and clearly they wouldn’t want to say this out allowed due to opponents of safe standing within the fan base, but that may change over time as other clubs start using/testing

No, our delay is due to the financial uncertainty caused by Covid19 as the club have already stated

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: June 1, 2020, 10:17:55 am »
No, our delay is due to the financial uncertainty caused by Covid19 as the club have already stated

And Everton's is caused by them being broke, but hey any excuse will do. ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #692 on: June 1, 2020, 04:26:28 pm »

Both developments have been delayed for different reasons. Liverpool have already stated theirs. The delay reported on BMD is just a smokescreen. They are skint, the virus has put them in even deeper shit and their ground was never getting built in the timeframe offered up, if at all.

All Everton have done is pin the delay to a carrot to appease their fans by pretending it's about maybe getting a higher capacity rather than telling them the stark reality of their dire financial situation.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #693 on: June 27, 2020, 10:21:51 am »
The Annie Road extension looks like it will happen still

The £60 million redevelopment of the Anfield Road stand, which will boost capacity to around 61,000, has been delayed for 12 months due to the pandemic. But Werner is adamant it will still happen. Completion is likely in time for the 2023-24 season. “Yes, we are committed to that. We have had a bit of a setback with the virus but we are committed to completing that at the right time,” he says.

From an interview with Tom Werner in the athletic
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Nico CARP

• Rawk Hug Commander
  • Main Stander
  • River Plate And Liverpool FC FAN.
    • https://www.cariverplate.com.ar/
« Reply #694 on: August 7, 2020, 08:02:32 pm »
Hopefully this does not stop, it is very important to continue developing the stadium.
River Plate Forum
https://www.turiver.com/

Offline Entropicity

• Anny Roader
« Reply #695 on: August 12, 2020, 07:45:19 am »
This is actually the best time for the stadium expansion. With months of no spectators. The expansion can be finished in time for things to return back to normal. It boils down to whether the owners are willing to gamble that this will be soon.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #696 on: August 12, 2020, 07:48:47 am »
This is actually the best time for the stadium expansion. With months of no spectators. The expansion can be finished in time for things to return back to normal. It boils down to whether the owners are willing to gamble that this will be soon.

It won't take a couple of months to build it. The league is going to re-start in September and fans are likely to be back in stadiums in some form by the end of the year.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #697 on: August 13, 2020, 08:04:44 am »
It won't take a couple of months to build it. The league is going to re-start in September and fans are likely to be back in stadiums in some form by the end of the year.

Still in a vastly reduced capacity though, most likely. I don“t think the Anny Road end lying empty would be such a big loss in light of that.

I guess the other big issue though (aside from the more obvious ones like dates set by planning permission, global recession etc) is you can“t guarantee work sites will stay open for the duration of the project, and with current restrictions on numbers allowed on site etc, it might be that things would move slower then normal even without the threat of the site being temporarily suspended at any given moment.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #698 on: August 13, 2020, 08:10:46 am »
The stand won’t be getting shut during construction, like the Main wasn’t, so makes no difference really.

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #699 on: November 29, 2020, 09:37:34 am »
Anyone know if work is still being done on the Annie Road end at the moment?  Am hoping we’re using the time to refine our plans rather than just put everything on complete hold.
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #700 on: November 29, 2020, 04:42:18 pm »
Anyone know if work is still being done on the Annie Road end at the moment?  Am hoping we’re using the time to refine our plans rather than just put everything on complete hold.

Not sure how much more they can be refined, as we’ve had quite a few years to do so since it was originally announced with the Main Stand.

Offline Onward Liverpudlian

• Kopite
« Reply #701 on: November 30, 2020, 12:05:34 pm »
Just got a two sided A4 leaflet through my door (I live in L4) with an update on the Anfield Road Stand extension, it states;

'After a short pause to the project as a result of Covid-19, we are pleased to share with you our intention to submit a planning application for the Anfield Road Stand expansion to Liverpool City Council in the coming weeks.'

It goes on to say the stand will be increased by around 7,000 seats taking the capacity to c.61,000.

Edit: oops! Just realised i posted this in the Walton Breck Road thread by mistake but anyway at least it looks like things are moving again on the stadium expansion front.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 12:09:38 pm by Onward Liverpudlian »

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #702 on: November 30, 2020, 12:23:29 pm »
Just got a two sided A4 leaflet through my door (I live in L4) with an update on the Anfield Road Stand extension, it states;

'After a short pause to the project as a result of Covid-19, we are pleased to share with you our intention to submit a planning application for the Anfield Road Stand expansion to Liverpool City Council in the coming weeks.'

It goes on to say the stand will be increased by around 7,000 seats taking the capacity to c.61,000.

Edit: oops! Just realised i posted this in the Walton Breck Road thread by mistake but anyway at least it looks like things are moving again on the stadium expansion front.
Sounds promising. Was worried it would get shelved.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarįs Solo.
« Reply #703 on: November 30, 2020, 12:24:42 pm »

Good news. Also, I had 5k in my head, has it increased or was I just wrong with what I remembered?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: November 30, 2020, 01:18:00 pm »
Good news. Also, I had 5k in my head, has it increased or was I just wrong with what I remembered?

Think it was always going to 61k

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #705 on: November 30, 2020, 01:33:31 pm »
Think it was always going to 61k

Initial plans were to go up to around 58k when the Main Stand was built and the initial outline planning permission was given. We let that expire as our plans changed to increase to around 61k.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #706 on: November 30, 2020, 03:03:04 pm »
Been discussed in another thread but it's official from the club now that planning permission for the Annie Road End to be submitted this week

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1333425702004273154?s=20

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: November 30, 2020, 03:04:53 pm »
Yerssss, great news.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #708 on: November 30, 2020, 03:07:03 pm »
61K here we come.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarįs Solo.
« Reply #709 on: November 30, 2020, 04:31:40 pm »
Initial plans were to go up to around 58k when the Main Stand was built and the initial outline planning permission was given. We let that expire as our plans changed to increase to around 61k.

That'll be what I remember then, cheers.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline The-Originals

• Main Stander
« Last Edit: December 1, 2020, 09:17:41 am by Alan_X »
Allez Allez Allez.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #711 on: November 30, 2020, 07:57:43 pm »
This is great news. 😊
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: November 30, 2020, 07:59:11 pm »
Fantastic.

This will be completed by the time Everton are on their 15th survey for BMD.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #713 on: November 30, 2020, 09:14:39 pm »
Can not wait for this, the future is bright for LFC.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Last Edit: December 1, 2020, 09:17:51 am by Alan_X »

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #715 on: December 1, 2020, 12:37:25 pm »
Just a further update  regarding the letter sent out by the club to nearly residents. After listening to feedback, the club propose to re-route Anfield Rd around the footprint of the expanded stand.

This mean access to Anfield Road will be retained on match days to vehicles, cyclists and pedestrians and only a short section will be closed on match days (between Skerries Rd and Alroy Rd)

I reckon the club have played a blinder with what they've done and propose to do with Anfield. It doesn't seem that long ago the possibility of a 60k plus stadium was scofffed at by all the experts.

Times change, engineering has advanced and with that foresight in mind, the club have bided their time, and look like achieving that once impossible dream of having a stadium holding over 60k

The Anfield Road end has always been shite, be it terrace, single tier or two tiered stand. But if this new expansion goes ahead, it will be brilliant and in my opinion it will make Anfield the best stadium in the world.

It will certainly piss all over all the cold, soulless, passionless new builds, no matter what their capacity.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #716 on: December 1, 2020, 04:42:05 pm »

Thankfully it seems the club will also finally reach (and have the chance to even surpass) the minimum disability requirement figures as per the ASG ;D
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #718 on: December 3, 2020, 10:00:47 am »
Dave Phillips @lovefutebol

#lfc anticipate that the Anfield Road stadium development will take 22-23 months to complete and to open in time for the start of the football season. So with work expected to commence next summer/autumn - approval pending - it will be open for the start of the 2023-24 season.
Of the (up to) 7,000 additional seats, (up to) 1,800 will be premium.

The proposal would see #lfc's overall "official" capacity increase to 61,015, split by:

Main Stand - 20,676
Sir Kenny Dalglish Stand - 11,348
The Kop - 13,024
Anfield Road Stand - 15,967

Exploded view of new stand
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #719 on: December 3, 2020, 10:02:43 am »
Main Stand - 20,676
Sir Kenny Dalglish Stand - 11,348
The Kop - 13,024
Anfield Road Stand - 15,967

Makes clear how fucking stupid it was the club selling Skerries for £1 per property rather than keeping ownership and refurb/renting them out themselves.