Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1394378 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chasing the Title, The Pack Chasing Us
« Reply #4320 on: February 3, 2019, 04:03:14 pm »
2 points lost to Spurs, who are now only 4 points behind.

Spurs would have to make up 2 games on us and then on top of that match our run for the rest of the season. There is a reason they have lost 6 games. They are not winning the league.

If you have any belief they can do it then i implore you to put money on them. You will win a lot.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4321 on: February 3, 2019, 04:03:48 pm »
It was a point gained over City and that is all that matters.
Only time will tell, personally saw it as a negative result.
It has given City and Spurs a lift, just don't see it any other way.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4322 on: February 3, 2019, 04:04:27 pm »
Only time will tell, personally saw it as a negative result.
It has given City and Spurs a lift, just don't see it any other way.

Yet if we win tomorrow we'll be seven points clear of Spurs anyway.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4323 on: February 3, 2019, 04:06:23 pm »
Yet if we win tomorrow we'll be seven points clear of Spurs anyway.
I understand exactly what your saying and your not wrong, but I have seen to many false dawns.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4324 on: February 3, 2019, 04:07:01 pm »
I understand exactly what your saying and your not wrong, but I have seen to many false dawns.

What does that mean?

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4325 on: February 3, 2019, 04:08:29 pm »
If a Liverpool fan has any small doubts whatsoever over whether we might win the Premier League this year, is that supporter automatically a bed-wetter/negative/troll/arsehole/etc? Just want to understand the parameters we're working with on what's acceptable to say here.

Whether or not we win it, Klopp called for believers right from the start of his reign. That's the way it should be. Or tag yourself as a 'doubter' instead of being a 'believer'.

To put it in a different way, if you're a father, and you constantly keep doubting your son, it doesn't help him get up from his failures does it?

The role of supporters is to 'support', I think we need the definition repeated every often at this time it looks like. When the supporters are positive, it rubs on to the players and the team, and vice versa. The atmosphere against Leicester was poor, & I'm sure the doubts & groans rubbed off to the players, whereas in previous games we often found something extra to win close games. If anyone thinks these 'doubts', small or big is helping themselves, or other supporters around them, or the team on and off the pitch, then they need a massive wobble to their head. Negativity helps nobody. Nobody.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4326 on: February 3, 2019, 04:09:31 pm »
What does that mean?
It means until we mathematically can't lose the title I will be worried.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4327 on: February 3, 2019, 04:12:27 pm »

It its entirely irrelevant as Klopp wasn't manager in the last title challenges though. This is another team, so the failures of the other two has little to do with it. It's more of a problem for some fans who find it hard to cope with the unpreditability of title challenges. But if it was meant to be easy we wouldn't find as much satisfaction at the end of it would we?

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4328 on: February 3, 2019, 04:23:35 pm »
If a Liverpool fan has any small doubts whatsoever over whether we might win the Premier League this year, is that supporter automatically a bed-wetter/negative/troll/arsehole/etc? Just want to understand the parameters we're working with on what's acceptable to say here.
I similarly rage at dropped points. Yet, I notice that we’re still refusing to be budged from that apex and, just as we seemed to be daunted by City’s swashbuckling victories and “insurmountable” goal difference in the early part of the season, we have seemed to have got into its collective head. It’s Liverpool this, Liverpool that at each press conference no matter who it’s playing. There is more nervousness is in the other camp, I’d warrant.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2019, 04:25:14 pm by Red Bird »

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4329 on: February 3, 2019, 04:30:45 pm »
The problem is you cannot go through this league and win every game. City are dropping points we have dropped our first points against a side from outside the top six, Spurs have dropped points as well. We are still in the driving seat and that is all we can hope for at this stage.

In one post you point out that Spurs and City have dropped points and in another claim you don't care about them and only us. Dropping points at home to a Leicester side who lost in their previous fixture and then again the one after are points dropped not gained in  my opinion. We'll probably need to beat Spurs and Chelsea at home now which won't be easy.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4330 on: February 3, 2019, 04:31:39 pm »
F##king arsenal😡

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4331 on: February 3, 2019, 04:35:19 pm »
It its entirely irrelevant as Klopp wasn't manager in the last title challenges though. This is another team, so the failures of the other two has little to do with it. It's more of a problem for some fans who find it hard to cope with the unpreditability of title challenges. But if it was meant to be easy we wouldn't find as much satisfaction at the end of it would we?
Look at all the posts 2013/14 with people telling us not to worry the title is ours.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4332 on: February 3, 2019, 04:35:42 pm »
In one post you point out that Spurs and City have dropped points and in another claim you don't care about them and only us. Dropping points at home to a Leicester side who lost in their previous fixture and then again the one after are points dropped not gained in  my opinion. We'll probably need to beat Spurs and Chelsea at home now which won't be easy.

If I'm entirely honest I would rather just concentrate on ourselves its the best way to be. But the sad fact is us dropping our first points of the season against a non top six side, has led to people losing their heads entirely. As for the rest of your post, whose to say what will happen over the course of a season? As all the teams are dropping points whose to say it won't continue to happen until the very end? I don't assume anything which is why I prefer to take each game as it comes. As for beating Spurs and Chelsea, both teams we've beaten before at Anfield, league titles are not supposed to be easy otherwise any team could win one.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4333 on: February 3, 2019, 04:38:07 pm »
Oh nooooo City are now only 2 behind us and with their goal difference it is more like 10 ahead.

Was fun whilst it lasted though  ;)
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4334 on: February 3, 2019, 04:40:04 pm »
Look at all the posts 2013/14 with people telling us not to worry the title is ours.

So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4335 on: February 3, 2019, 04:40:58 pm »

We had an inexperienced manager managing us in 2013/14. To tell you the truth I was never confident that year, our defence was not good enough to win a title with.  Now we have a man at the helm who has won two titles in Germany against a tough Bayern Munich side. A man who knows how to handle a tough league campaign it doesn't guarantee anything obviously but it puts us in a stronger position. Let's just trust in the guy, just because we failed in the past does not mean its a given for every other year we challenge.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4336 on: February 3, 2019, 04:44:20 pm »
3 pts ,we're going to win it.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4337 on: February 3, 2019, 04:45:44 pm »
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.
Have you ever been to a game of football? 90% are nervous and worried.
OK all is great.
No reason to worry about the team I've supported for over 50 years.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4338 on: February 3, 2019, 04:46:49 pm »

Are you saying that of our 14 games, if we lose 1 and draw 1 against Spurs and Chelsea but win the rest, we wont win the league?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4339 on: February 3, 2019, 04:47:56 pm »

Might have to make this my signature, although T20 isn't too bad.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4340 on: February 3, 2019, 04:48:02 pm »
It means until we mathematically can't lose the title I will be worried.

Thing is lets be honest, we have been pretty shite for most of those 30 years. We never had a side capable of wining the leavue.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4341 on: February 3, 2019, 04:48:05 pm »
Have you ever been to a game of football? 90% are nervous and worried.
OK all is great.
No reason to worry about the team I've supported for over 50 years.

Yes plenty of times Ive grown up on football,being nervous and being negative are far two different things

You should know that considering you have been supporting the club for 50 years

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4342 on: February 3, 2019, 04:50:47 pm »
Yes plenty of times Ive grown up on football,being nervous and being negative are far two different things

You should know that considering you have been supporting the club for 50 years
How is thinking the Leicester game dropping two points being negative?
 Its just my opinion.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2019, 04:56:05 pm by lgvkarlos »

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4343 on: February 3, 2019, 04:51:54 pm »
Are you saying that of our 14 games, if we lose 1 and draw 1 against Spurs and Chelsea but win the rest, we wont win the league?

I'm saying it's highly unlikely we will win the rest.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4344 on: February 3, 2019, 04:54:58 pm »
Thing is lets be honest, we have been pretty shite for most of those 30 years. We never had a side capable of wining the leavue.
I want you and the other positive posters to be right.
Klopp is as good as it gets but he can't control everything.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4345 on: February 3, 2019, 04:55:34 pm »
How is thinking the Leicester game dropping to points being negative?
 Its just my opinion.

I don't know what it is about this place and people not reading. I quoted a post in where you said 'Look at all the posts 2013/14 with people telling us not to worry the title is ours.''

So bloody what? We didn't win the title, we thought we would and ? So should we all continuously be shitting our kecks every bloody day because we may not win every game?

I said nothing about your point in regards to Leicester.

[For the record I didn't think we would win the title back then but I was bloody excited and looking forward to every match]

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4346 on: February 3, 2019, 05:00:44 pm »
I'm saying it's highly unlikely we will win the rest.

Yeah of course winning 14 is tough. No one is winning all their games. But we dont need to beat Spurs and Chelsea.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4347 on: February 3, 2019, 05:02:32 pm »
I want you and the other positive posters to be right.
Klopp is as good as it gets but he can't control everything.

What do you mean right? We very could win fuck all this season. All i know I am right about is this side is much better than 13/14, 08/09 and the 01/02 side. So you need to enjoy that part of it.

But again, that doesnt mean anything when it comes to winning trophies.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4348 on: February 3, 2019, 05:06:56 pm »
I don't know what it is about this place and people not reading. I quoted a post in where you said 'Look at all the posts 2013/14 with people telling us not to worry the title is ours.''

So bloody what? We didn't win the title, we thought we would and ? So should we all continuously be shitting our kecks every bloody day because we may not win every game?

I said nothing about your point in regards to Leicester.

[For the record I didn't think we would win the title back then but I was bloody excited and looking forward to every match]

Look mate have your opinion (I like it) I'm happy for you, I just don't have a brain that thinks that way.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4349 on: February 3, 2019, 05:07:17 pm »
What do you mean right? We very could win fuck all this season. All i know I am right about is this side is much better than 13/14, 08/09 and the 01/02 side. So you need to enjoy that part of it.

But again, that doesnt mean anything when it comes to winning trophies.

This. I didn't expect us to win the league this year, I didn't expect us to push City i just wanted progress. I still am not thinking about us winning the title or being close to it I am just enjoying seeing this side play and grow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4350 on: February 3, 2019, 05:08:27 pm »
Look mate have your opinion (I like it) I'm happy for you, I just don't have a brain that thinks that way.

I understand mate, I just can't be arsed stressing about what may or may not happen to us, football is escape to life's bullshit for me, not a place where i continuously stress about things that are out of my control

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4351 on: February 3, 2019, 05:42:50 pm »
Every game is now bigger than the one before it, we're in the championship rounds and we'll see what the boys are made of. Fully confident we're going to win it this year but still have a feeling we're going to slip up somewhere and it'll give us all an almighty heart attack. Hope my gut is wrong, it's already been quite a rollercoaster.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4352 on: February 3, 2019, 05:44:28 pm »
It was 2 points dropped, possibly a huge 2 points also. If you let teams off the the hook and don't tske advantage then don't be surprised when they take advantage on another game week.

2 points lost to Spurs, who are now only 4 points behind.

Spurs :)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4353 on: February 3, 2019, 05:55:50 pm »
Every game is now bigger than the one before it, we're in the championship rounds and we'll see what the boys are made of. Fully confident we're going to win it this year but still have a feeling we're going to slip up somewhere and it'll give us all an almighty heart attack. Hope my gut is wrong, it's already been quite a rollercoaster.

I’m the same. I not confident at all about tomorrow. Don’t know why but I’ve just got this feeling that tomorrow won’t go to plan. Obviously hope I’m wrong like but just have a bad feeling about tomorrow’s game.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4354 on: February 3, 2019, 05:58:36 pm »
I’m the same. I not confident at all about tomorrow. Don’t know why but I’ve just got this feeling that tomorrow won’t go to plan. Obviously hope I’m wrong like but just have a bad feeling about tomorrow’s game.

You just want to be able to say "I told you so"

Offline Dansphinx

• Kemlynite
« Reply #4355 on: February 3, 2019, 06:07:18 pm »
As soon as our defence is back and we ride this storm without Trent and Gomez we will be flying again, we just need to grind out results until then.

Starting with tomorrow!

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative, A smile would crack your face.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #4356 on: February 3, 2019, 06:08:56 pm »
As soon as our defence is back and we ride this storm without Trent and Gomez we will be flying again, we just need to grind out results until then.

Starting with tomorrow!

Trent will be back for the next league game after tomorrow (hopefully), but we may not see Gomez back again until March/April I'm afraid.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #4357 on: February 3, 2019, 06:11:33 pm »
Back to 5pts clear tomorrow.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4358 on: February 3, 2019, 06:12:36 pm »
I really hope injuries don't ruin it for us. Trent and Gomez injuries are a huge set back. Along with lovren and matip being injury prone.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4359 on: February 3, 2019, 06:14:01 pm »
Back to 5pts clear tomorrow.

But what if we're not.