Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1394414 times)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: Chasing the Title, The Pack Chasing Us
« Reply #4360 on: February 3, 2019, 06:17:22 pm »
I really hope injuries don't ruin it for us. Trent and Gomez injuries are a huge set back. Along with lovren and matip being injury prone.
That's my worry too. In a title chasing season it's hard to give young lads a chance, but I do think that that we need to use some of them at least in the last 10 min to give key players a break.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4361 on: February 3, 2019, 06:18:11 pm »
You just want to be able to say "I told you so"

100% I don’t mate. Obviously hope we win comfortably and I’m wrong.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4362 on: February 3, 2019, 06:18:49 pm »

But what if we're not.

Will be second come Wednesday if we dont win tomorrow and then heads will have really and truly fallen off.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4363 on: February 3, 2019, 06:19:11 pm »
That's my worry too. In a title chasing season it's hard to give young lads a chance, but I do think that that we need to use some of them at least in the last 10 min to give key players a break.

United won more than the 1 title after having to rely on young kids who nobody had heard of and then went on to have shit careers.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4364 on: February 3, 2019, 06:20:45 pm »
100% I don’t mate. Obviously hope we win comfortably and I’m wrong.

So after watching us play this season,what exactly makes you think we don't have enough to turn those cockney twats over ?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4365 on: February 3, 2019, 06:20:47 pm »
United won more than the 1 title after having to rely on young kids who nobody had heard of and then went on to have shit careers.

Class of 03
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #4366 on: February 3, 2019, 06:23:10 pm »

But what if we're not.

Then we're 2 at worst or 3 clear

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4367 on: February 3, 2019, 06:25:51 pm »
Will be second come Wednesday if we dont win tomorrow and then heads will have really and truly fallen off.

That could work in our favour both on here and at Anfield,thinning the heard isn't always a bad thing  ;D

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4368 on: February 3, 2019, 06:25:57 pm »
So after watching us play this season,what exactly makes you think we don't have enough to turn those cockney twats over ?

Seen a few things on tv about how we’ve battered them them the last few times we’ve played them, going 1-0 up early on Wednesday and then drawing, plus City winning today as well. Obviously we turn up and play as well as we can we’ll be fine, but just can’t pinpoint why I think it won’t go to plan tomorrow.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4369 on: February 3, 2019, 06:26:50 pm »
Class of 03

Was thinking more about that Italian twat,he sticks in my head but there were others as well.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4370 on: February 3, 2019, 06:27:57 pm »
Seen a few things on tv about how we’ve battered them them the last few times we’ve played them, going 1-0 up early on Wednesday and then drawing, plus City winning today as well. Obviously we turn up and play as well as we can we’ll be fine, but just can’t pinpoint why I think it won’t go to plan tomorrow.

Fuck the TV,what after watching us play makes you think that,how can any Liverpool fan watch this side and have that mindset ?

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative, A smile would crack your face.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #4371 on: February 3, 2019, 06:30:52 pm »
Nobody wants us to win this title, absolutely no one. From opposition fans to pundits, the media, and referees. We'd had better get used to it and go into every game as if it were a cup final. West Ham would love nothing more than to throw a spanner in the works tomorrow and say they derailed our season.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4372 on: February 3, 2019, 06:31:56 pm »
Nobody wants us to win this title, absolutely no one. From opposition fans to pundits, the media, and referees. We'd had better get used to it and go into every game as if it were a cup final. West Ham would love nothing more than to throw a spanner in the works tomorrow and say they derailed our season.

Good, wouldn't want it any other way

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4373 on: February 3, 2019, 06:32:08 pm »
Had this game in my head all day today ::)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p08L3SwS30c

Was an absolute abomination of a performance and I've hated playing West Ham since! Although we've won our last four against them.

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #4374 on: February 3, 2019, 06:42:39 pm »

Was an absolute abomination of a performance and I've hated playing West Ham since! Although we've won our last four against them.

That was a diabolical performance.

Got very comfortably beaten their around Christmas time in Klopp’s first season too.
Internet terrorist

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4375 on: February 3, 2019, 06:56:47 pm »

You can look at it that way, I respect the opinion of everyone.

That is fact though.

We gained a point on them.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Fernando_Torres_Was_Good

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #4376 on: February 3, 2019, 07:03:13 pm »
Whether or not we win it, Klopp called for believers right from the start of his reign. That's the way it should be. Or tag yourself as a 'doubter' instead of being a 'believer'.

To put it in a different way, if you're a father, and you constantly keep doubting your son, it doesn't help him get up from his failures does it?

The role of supporters is to 'support', I think we need the definition repeated every often at this time it looks like. When the supporters are positive, it rubs on to the players and the team, and vice versa. The atmosphere against Leicester was poor, & I'm sure the doubts & groans rubbed off to the players, whereas in previous games we often found something extra to win close games. If anyone thinks these 'doubts', small or big is helping themselves, or other supporters around them, or the team on and off the pitch, then they need a massive wobble to their head. Negativity helps nobody. Nobody.

I don't think that a few supporters being wary of us potentially not quite making it, and voicing those concerns on a forum, is going to impact on the team whatsoever.

I actually think that cultivating an atmosphere that sometimes borders on arrogant stubbornness that we absolutely will win, no matter what, is potentially more harmful to the team... I think City's fans care less about winning the title than us, and that probably eases the pressure on their team. For us, like in 2014, there's this underlying feeling of "destiny" and the unspoken feeling that we need to get it right now or it'll probably be another 5/6 years before we get another shot...I genuinely think if more fans had more of a blase attitude towards our title chances it would help ease the tension and allow people to just enjoy each match as it comes.

The father/child analogy...If your son has a foot injury but insists he's gonna win the school sports day race, and you show him nothing but support and "belief" - he may go on to fall and break his leg during the race. Just because you care about something/someone, doesn't mean you have to completely neglect the ability to use critical thinking - that's not always helpful.

Anyway, let's just beat West Ham, and hope Chelsea can nick a point next Sunday. God knows Everton aren't doing us any favours.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4377 on: February 3, 2019, 07:11:00 pm »
Spurs :)

Good point. Lads, it’s Spurs.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4378 on: February 3, 2019, 07:16:49 pm »
Is the City game with Chelsea at Etihad or Stamford Bridge?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4379 on: February 3, 2019, 07:19:25 pm »
I don't think that a few supporters being wary of us potentially not quite making it, and voicing those concerns on a forum, is going to impact on the team whatsoever.

I actually think that cultivating an atmosphere that sometimes borders on arrogant stubbornness that we absolutely will win, no matter what, is potentially more harmful to the team... I think City's fans care less about winning the title than us, and that probably eases the pressure on their team. For us, like in 2014, there's this underlying feeling of "destiny" and the unspoken feeling that we need to get it right now or it'll probably be another 5/6 years before we get another shot...I genuinely think if more fans had more of a blase attitude towards our title chances it would help ease the tension and allow people to just enjoy each match as it comes.

The father/child analogy...If your son has a foot injury but insists he's gonna win the school sports day race, and you show him nothing but support and "belief" - he may go on to fall and break his leg during the race. Just because you care about something/someone, doesn't mean you have to completely neglect the ability to use critical thinking - that's not always helpful.

Anyway, let's just beat West Ham, and hope Chelsea can nick a point next Sunday. God knows Everton aren't doing us any favours.

The only people with the tension are the bed wetters. And we're not raising a child, we're supporting a football club.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline ManéManéMané

• Always sunné. In the rich man's world.....all the things I could do if had a little Mané.....
  • Main Stander
  • anchor.fm/koponpodcast
    • Kop On!
« Reply #4380 on: February 3, 2019, 07:21:18 pm »
Is the City game with Chelsea at Etihad or Stamford Bridge?

They've got "open door" Ev at Goodison on Wed, then Chelsea at the Etihad next Sunday.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4381 on: February 3, 2019, 07:22:19 pm »
I understand exactly what your saying and your not wrong, but I have seen to many false dawns.

I've seen far far more golden skies
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4382 on: February 3, 2019, 07:22:48 pm »
Imagine how demoralising it will be for City tomorrow when we win 3-1.

And whoever said a few pages back that many on here would rather us be comfortably in fourth spot than where we are now is right.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4383 on: February 3, 2019, 07:28:05 pm »

That Liverpool team would not live with this one.

The only people with the tension are the bed wetters. And we're not raising a child, we're supporting a football club.

It is Feb 3rd, we've got 14 games left. Certainly not the time to be worrying about winning the title or not.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4384 on: February 3, 2019, 07:40:13 pm »
Thank god we gained that point on City... Going from a 1 game cushion to a 1 game cushion could be pivotal going into tomorrow!

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #4385 on: February 3, 2019, 07:42:14 pm »
I understand mate, I just can't be arsed stressing about what may or may not happen to us, football is escape to life's bullshit for me, not a place where i continuously stress about things that are out of my control

I need this quote as a tattoo! 100% this...

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4386 on: February 3, 2019, 07:45:15 pm »
Thank god we gained that point on City... Going from a 1 game cushion to a 1 game cushion could be pivotal going into tomorrow!

I would say it shouldn’t really need to be explained how important a draw instead of a loss might be at the end of the season, particularly considering what’s happened to us in the not too distant past, but I’m thinking for you it probably does  :) No harm.

If we draw against Chelsea in 2014 instead of lose, we go into the Palace game knowing any win will do and we don’t need to chase GD and most likely go on to win the title. I mean keep on the whinging, it’s fun to read, but you should know these things first.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #4387 on: February 3, 2019, 08:03:45 pm »
I thought about this the other day, if we had drawn our game and then City had lost their game, we'd (certainly I would !) have been far positive this weekend coming into the next round of matches.
Funny how the idea of dropped points or earned points works. Perspective can be a mofo.

I sure hope we win tomorrow.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline MakeUsDreamAgain

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4388 on: February 3, 2019, 08:09:55 pm »

is right.

Let's demoralise them right back. Up the reds!

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4389 on: February 3, 2019, 08:11:57 pm »
Been a good ground to us this olympic one. Fingers crossed its more of the same
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4390 on: February 3, 2019, 09:20:58 pm »

And whoever said a few pages back that many on here would rather us be comfortably in fourth spot than where we are now is right.

I've been saying it all season people would rather be stuck in mid table so their moaning would be validated.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4391 on: February 3, 2019, 09:32:02 pm »
I've been saying it all season people would rather be stuck in mid table so their moaning would be validated.
Ya know what mate there wasn't half the moaning when we weren't top.

It's like they're scared of being in front, or that being top and needing to help the lads over the line takes more effort, that they're not quite sure they want, or even have it, to give.

We're such a lily livered fan base it's no wonder we've won fuck all for decades.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4392 on: February 3, 2019, 09:35:17 pm »
Enjoy the ride, its captivating being the team everyone wants to beat.
Who gives a rats ass if everyone else wants us to lose it? Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs fans, if they had to pick one,  might want City to win it, but that's because if we do it makes it official that we are better than they are, rubber stamped, and they't cant stand the thought of that because we have been a threat the last few years , but they've always finished above us, won something or whatever and have held that over us.
To be honest though, City were excellent today, thtas how you play under pressure, same from our lads tomorrow night please

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4393 on: February 3, 2019, 09:38:14 pm »
Ya know what mate there wasn't half the moaning when we weren't top.

It's like they're scared of being in front, or that being top and needing to help the lads over the line takes more effort, that they're not quite sure they want, or even have it, to give.

We're such a lily livered fan base it's no wonder we've won fuck all for decades.

Preparing for failure, expecting failure and then getting failure is a lot less painful than anticipating success and then not getting it. I mean it’s nowhere near as enjoyable and when the success does come there must surely be a feeling of ‘oh, kinda wish I’d got swept up in that a bit more’ but people aren’t going to change now.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #4394 on: February 3, 2019, 09:41:40 pm »
Not sure I've seen all the moaning that many seem to be pointing out. I certainly haven't seen much in the way of undue criticism of the manager or players.

It might just seem that way because emotions run high at the top of the league. Wins feel better, defeats feel worse. However I'm sure if you asked anyone to take a step back and assess how happy they are with the current state of the club, you'd be met with unanimously positive answers. If someone said otherwise, then you might have something to worry about.

Look mate have your opinion (I like it) I'm happy for you, I just don't have a brain that thinks that way.
Completely understandable. Not everyone thinks the same way, and that's something that should be welcomed.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4395 on: February 3, 2019, 09:44:23 pm »
Not sure I've seen all the moaning that many seem to be pointing out. I certainly haven't seen much in the way of undue criticism of the manager or players.

It might just seem that way because emotions run high at the top of the league. Wins feel better, defeats feel worse. However I'm sure if you asked anyone to take a step back and assess how happy they are with the current state of the club, you'd be met with unanimously positive answers. If someone said otherwise, then you might have something to worry about.
Completely understandable. Not everyone thinks the same way, and that's something that should be welcomed.

If you’re someone who is quite strongly negative and pessimistic, other posters doing the same probably doesn’t stand out at all. Hypothetically.

And I don’t think anyone has been critical of the manager but to say you haven’t seen much in the way of player criticism, whinging at ‘missed opportunities’, ‘bottling it’ etc then you really can’t have looked very hard.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4396 on: February 3, 2019, 09:48:53 pm »
Preparing for failure, expecting failure and then getting failure is a lot less painful than anticipating success and then not getting it. I mean it’s nowhere near as enjoyable and when the success does come there must surely be a feeling of ‘oh, kinda wish I’d got swept up in that a bit more’ but people aren’t going to change now.
Exactly!  The journey should be appreciated and enjoyed as much as the destination, regardless of how rough the road is.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4397 on: February 3, 2019, 09:50:07 pm »
If you’re someone who is quite strongly negative and pessimistic, other posters doing the same probably doesn’t stand out at all. Hypothetically.

And I don’t think anyone has been critical of the manager but to say you haven’t seen much in the way of player criticism, whinging at ‘missed opportunities’, ‘bottling it’ etc then you really can’t have looked very hard.

That "bottling" line is a pet hate of mine, you draw or lose a match, you bottled it. Heard Brendan Rodgers say the other day about when he was here we won 10 of our last 11 or 11 of 12 can't remember, but the belief was that we bottled it.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #4398 on: February 3, 2019, 09:51:48 pm »

You're probably right. I'm naturally pessimistic, and I find humour in observing people's reactions to that.

However I think it's necessary to differentiate between posts that have been thought through (whatever the opinion) and those which seem like people just venting through their keyboards. I can honestly say I haven't seen much in the way of mindless criticism of the kind you mention, "bottling" etc, so maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4399 on: February 3, 2019, 09:54:37 pm »
That "bottling" line is a pet hate of mine, you draw or lose a match, you bottled it. Heard Brendan Rodgers say the other day about when he was here we won 10 of our last 11 or 11 of 12 can't remember, but the belief was that we bottled it.

I expect the media to build that narrative, but it’s really frustrating to see our own fans using it too. City lost in the week and yet again we’re talking about them ‘keeping the pressure on’. Keeping. And again, fans buying that nonsense. There’s literally been posts saying if we don’t win tomorrow we won’t win the title.