Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1394443 times)

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
Re: Chasing the Title, The Pack Chasing Us
« Reply #4280 on: February 2, 2019, 08:45:33 pm »
Leicester home next Sunday, Burnley away, Chelsea away, Arsenal home, Southampton away with Dortmund home and away in the middle of all that.

Thanks. That’s them out of the race again in the next couple of weeks then :lmao I can’t believe Son has saved them again this week, he’s a machine. Surely they can’t keep it going.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative, A smile would crack your face.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #4281 on: February 2, 2019, 08:54:40 pm »
Thanks. That’s them out of the race again in the next couple of weeks then :lmao I can’t believe Son has saved them again this week, he’s a machine. Surely they can’t keep it going.

He's just as important to them as Kane, and of far more use to the team than little gremlin Alli.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #4282 on: February 2, 2019, 10:20:44 pm »
I know some of will completely disagree but the league will be won or lost or Monday! Win to stay 5 points clear or lose and find ourselves a point behind after Everton - city game on Wednesday night!!  :no :wave :butt
We have to win what ever it takes against West ham.

I disagree mate. If we win then what? We could say the same against Bournemouth.

Listen, I know we all want this really badly and for some of us it’s consuming us to the point where there isn’t an hour that goes by in the waking day where we don’t think about it. However, we can’t put these kind of ultimatums on the team. The Leicester result has just added fuel to the fire where some of our fan base think we’re going to completely disintegrate now. Again, we just need have a bit of faith and belief in the team. We need to stop thinking about the best case scenario or the worse case scenario. We’ll drive ourselves insane otherwise. Just take each day and each match as it comes.
YWNA

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4283 on: February 2, 2019, 10:28:33 pm »
To put things into perspective, our last title challenge, I didn't feel it was a title challenge up until late march,early april.

We've only just started February.

Long way to go.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4284 on: February 2, 2019, 10:49:45 pm »
Chelsea getting a confidence boost win today, plenty of goals, clean sheet, City their next game. Just what we wanted. Fantastic.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #4285 on: February 2, 2019, 10:56:15 pm »
Chelsea getting a confidence boost win today, plenty of goals, clean sheet, City their next game. Just what we wanted. Fantastic.

Exactly what I was thinking, hope Sarri can set them up to counter City's strengths and deliver at least a draw.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4286 on: February 2, 2019, 11:02:35 pm »
Exactly what I was thinking, hope Sarri can set them up to counter City's strengths and deliver at least a draw.

Let's hope so mate. Hazard and Higuain looked decent together. Hazard can win any game when he's in the mood, hope it lasts another week only like

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #4287 on: February 2, 2019, 11:43:11 pm »
Let's hope so mate. Hazard and Higuain looked decent together. Hazard can win any game when he's in the mood, hope it lasts another week only like

Amen!

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #4288 on: February 3, 2019, 01:16:06 am »
Spurs have quietly weathered their injury crisis well so far
It's a good point albeit it they suffered by going out 2 cups. They have a worse overall squad and have lost more important players than us so we should not get so negative about our injury problems. Others will just have to step up now.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4289 on: February 3, 2019, 02:20:32 am »
It's a good point albeit it they suffered by going out 2 cups. They have a worse overall squad and have lost more important players than us so we should not get so negative about our injury problems. Others will just have to step up now.

they have also had a hugely favorable schedule so far in the "injury run" in the PL - Fulham, Watford and Newcastle.

Offline Bjornar

• Kopite
« Reply #4290 on: February 3, 2019, 04:41:39 am »
Think Spurs should be given credit for delivering (as things stand now mathematically) a title challenge built up the proper way. Good team, and all the animosity towards them seems a bit strange to me, seeing as they´re complete saints compared to City. Don´t think they´re good enough to beat us, but if they do they´ll have done it in a fair way and we can have no complaints.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative, A smile would crack your face.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #4291 on: February 3, 2019, 05:31:02 am »
Think Spurs should be given credit for delivering (as things stand now mathematically) a title challenge built up the proper way. Good team, and all the animosity towards them seems a bit strange to me, seeing as they´re complete saints compared to City. Don´t think they´re good enough to beat us, but if they do they´ll have done it in a fair way and we can have no complaints.

It's the wanking over them and constant bigging them up because of their English contingent. Plus it's vastly annoying how Kane and co can never be accused of diving, while there was practically a witch hunt when it came to Salah a few weeks ago. Also off the top of my head there were two of the clearest red card offenses that Kane and Alli committed last season against Man City that weren't given, that bloodbath against Chelsea where half their team should have walked and just the overall diving by Kane and Alli. It hardly gets mentioned and they're always the good guys.

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4292 on: February 3, 2019, 06:56:57 am »
We have a 5-point lead.  Our rivals will still drop points, so let's assume conservatively that we can afford to drop 8 points the rest of the way, and still win the league.  That means 34 points from our last 14 games.  Stretched over a 38-game season, that is a 92 point pace.  If we can't maintain a 92-point pace for the last 14 games, then we don't deserve to be champions.  We can do this.

Bring on West Ham.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4293 on: February 3, 2019, 07:14:21 am »
It's the wanking over them and constant bigging them up because of their English contingent. Plus it's vastly annoying how Kane and co can never be accused of diving, while there was practically a witch hunt when it came to Salah a few weeks ago. Also off the top of my head there were two of the clearest red card offenses that Kane and Alli committed last season against Man City that weren't given, that bloodbath against Chelsea where half their team should have walked and just the overall diving by Kane and Alli. It hardly gets mentioned and they're always the good guys.

This is all true. That said, I’d have happily seen them with the league cup over Chelsea or City.

Offline Bucko - Dubai

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4294 on: February 3, 2019, 09:12:02 am »
Some of the bedwetting by our fans show that some are scared, almost like some woudl rather the relief of not being in a title race and be comfortably 4th.

What would people prefer? Both us and City to have won or the results as they were?

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4295 on: February 3, 2019, 09:26:41 am »
Some of the bedwetting by our fans show that some are scared, almost like some woudl rather the relief of not being in a title race and be comfortably 4th.

What would people prefer? Both us and City to have won or the results as they were?

Why does everybody keep talking like the two are directly related?

We can be disappointed we didn't stretch our lead by 2 points with a win at home against a mid table team without looking at Man City result.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #4296 on: February 3, 2019, 09:48:32 am »
Big game today, i think city will win though and so will we

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4297 on: February 3, 2019, 10:14:08 am »
Why does everybody keep talking like the two are directly related?

We can be disappointed we didn't stretch our lead by 2 points with a win at home against a mid table team without looking at Man City result.

I don't get how some don't understand this.

Fair enough we extended our lead by 1 point but why can't people be disappointed that we didn't win? I'm happy that City lost but I'm always disappointed when we don't win, that doesn't change just because another team lost.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4298 on: February 3, 2019, 10:29:24 am »
You can be as disappointed as you like, if that's your thing. But its important to be realistic sometimes and realise no team can win every game they play. There were a number of situations that night which were against us, which made the game much harder for us, especially as we hadn't played for a number of days. In the way that people shouldn't overreact when we win so the same should be when we lose. Its about balance at the end of the day, we are still in control of our destiny and that's the only thing that matters.   
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4299 on: February 3, 2019, 10:32:13 am »
You can be as disappointed as you like, if that's your thing. But its important to be realistic sometimes and realise no team can win every game they play. There were a number of situations that night which were against us, which made the game much harder for us, especially as we hadn't played for a number of days. In the way that people shouldn't overreact when we win so the same should be when we lose. Its about balance at the end of the day, we are still in control of our destiny and that's the only thing that matters.   

Perfect summary.

We actually gained a point and people have lost their heads.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4300 on: February 3, 2019, 10:39:40 am »
Was just about to write much the same

If you can’t look at the bigger picture, you’re going to find the rest of the season unbearable.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4301 on: February 3, 2019, 10:48:51 am »

I dont mind being disappointed and i dont mind being critical but when people talk about bottle and failure then its bound to piss other people off.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #4302 on: February 3, 2019, 11:15:55 am »
The delicious idea though that City could come 3rd in a 2 horse race...
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4303 on: February 3, 2019, 11:30:05 am »
Perfect summary.

Just turned SSN on and immediately turned it off. Presenter was talking about todays footy and how Leicester had dented our title challenge!!! We went from 4 to 5 pts clear, how the fuck is that denting it? City winning and then us drawing is a dent, not them losing and is getting a point in difficult conditions.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4304 on: February 3, 2019, 11:31:55 am »
The delicious idea though that City could come 3rd in a 2 horse race...

No way Spurs are beating City.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #4305 on: February 3, 2019, 11:38:49 am »
Don’t let people swindle you or your friends on a narrative that us gaining a point is anything other than us gaining a point and City having one less game to make up the difference.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4306 on: February 3, 2019, 11:46:48 am »
Perfect summary.

Just imagine if we'd have gained a point against Chelsea in 2014, rather than losing.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4307 on: February 3, 2019, 11:48:13 am »
Can’t make out if this is supposed to be a parody of some of the overreacting, nervous fans adding pressure at the liecester game that VVD was going on about or just outright trolling.

Its not either or Andy. It's both!

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4308 on: February 3, 2019, 12:52:45 pm »
Don’t let people swindle you or your friends on a narrative that us gaining a point is anything other than us gaining a point and City having one less game to make up the difference.

Exactly every game played without them picking up points on us is one less chance for them. If we keep it going that way we win the title, simple as that.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #4309 on: February 3, 2019, 01:38:27 pm »

If you can’t look at the bigger picture, you’re going to find the rest of the season unbearable.

truth!

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4310 on: February 3, 2019, 01:43:13 pm »
Agreed.
And now I'm off to watch both the Manc games. I hope they both get stuffed, but they'll probably get 3 points somehow. It's not about them, it's about us tomorrow night, our biggest game of the season. And as long as each game is our biggest game, we are doing fine, and the excitement will build, and that exactly how I love it.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4311 on: February 3, 2019, 03:35:28 pm »
It was 2 points dropped, possibly a huge 2 points also. If you let teams off the the hook and don't tske advantage then don't be surprised when they take advantage on another game week.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4312 on: February 3, 2019, 03:43:35 pm »
It was 2 points dropped, possibly a huge 2 points also. If you let teams off the the hook and don't tske advantage then don't be surprised when they take advantage on another game week.

It was a point gained over City and that is all that matters.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4313 on: February 3, 2019, 03:45:55 pm »

You can look at it that way, I respect the opinion of everyone.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4314 on: February 3, 2019, 03:46:32 pm »

Any goodwill I had towards them went because of the constant lies about the stadium,the PL have bent of backwards to help them and they didn't have the decency to be honest.

I hope the new stadium cripples them & the Fulham owner buys it for his Gridiron team.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4315 on: February 3, 2019, 03:47:51 pm »
You can look at it that way, I respect the opinion of everyone.

The problem is you cannot go through this league and win every game. City are dropping points we have dropped our first points against a side from outside the top six, Spurs have dropped points as well. We are still in the driving seat and that is all we can hope for at this stage.

Offline Fernando_Torres_Was_Good

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #4316 on: February 3, 2019, 03:51:01 pm »
If a Liverpool fan has any small doubts whatsoever over whether we might win the Premier League this year, is that supporter automatically a bed-wetter/negative/troll/arsehole/etc? Just want to understand the parameters we're working with on what's acceptable to say here.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4317 on: February 3, 2019, 03:54:11 pm »
If a Liverpool fan has any small doubts whatsoever over whether we might win the Premier League this year, is that supporter automatically a bed-wetter/negative/troll/arsehole/etc? Just want to understand the parameters we're working with on what's acceptable to say here.

There is a decent chance we win fuck all this year. It still wouldnt change the fact that this side is easily the best side of the past 30 or so years that we have had.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4318 on: February 3, 2019, 04:00:57 pm »

2 points lost to Spurs, who are now only 4 points behind.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4319 on: February 3, 2019, 04:01:50 pm »
2 points lost to Spurs, who are now only 4 points behind.

I don't care about Spurs, I don't even care about City we just need to concentrate on what we can do, rather than worry about everyone else.