Author Topic: Tighter Moderating of the Main Board  (Read 28506 times)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Tighter Moderating of the Main Board
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2017, 10:44:43 am »
We can't join in, yorky. We honestly can't. It's pissing in the wind, when we do try and post people take it as the official RAWK line.

You make a joke, you try and lighten things up, people take it arse backwards and you're seen to be doing something you're not. Absolutely pointless.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2017, 06:59:19 pm »
We can't join in, yorky. We honestly can't. It's pissing in the wind, when we do try and post people take it as the official RAWK line.

You make a joke, you try and lighten things up, people take it arse backwards and you're seen to be doing something you're not. Absolutely pointless.

So this is the official RAWK line?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2017, 07:23:51 pm »
be the change you want to see.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2017, 07:41:42 pm »

Modding this place is never easy...

you can't post an opinion of your own without being considered a bully, fucking sad that for me.

Out of curiosity, do any of you mods, with that in mind above, regret becoming a mod and wish you could just be a poster instead?

And for whats it worth, what you have both put, you guys do have my fullest sympathy. You do a great job which, by and large, goes ungratefully unnoticed.

We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2017, 10:26:14 pm »
Out of curiosity, do any of you mods, with that in mind above, regret becoming a mod and wish you could just be a poster instead?

And for whats it worth, what you have both put, you guys do have my fullest sympathy. You do a great job which, by and large, goes ungratefully unnoticed.

The mods on here do a good job as you say. The problem is many posters don't get the ethos of the site or try to understand it. Just by reading the various boards, it really isn't that hard to work out what is and what isn't acceptable, and the number of good writers and mods who no longer contribute is, to me, an indicator of where some just don't get it.

I know registration was closed for a long time, its a shame some of the recent additions couldn't have clued up in that time before posting, particularly in the player threads and match threads.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2017, 10:31:31 pm »
I personally think the mods should post more. Some of them are amongst the most informative on these boards and their involvement is missed.

If some no mark whopper gets the wrong end of the stick who genuinely gives a fuck but them!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2017, 10:58:24 pm »
be the change you want to see.
I forbid you from refraining from posting.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #127 on: January 21, 2017, 12:30:31 pm »
I personally think the mods should post more. Some of them are amongst the most informative on these boards and their involvement is missed.

If some no mark whopper gets the wrong end of the stick who genuinely gives a fuck but them!

Absolutely. Could, to 'cover yourself', make your post and then put in brackets (this is my view and mine alone. It isnt representative of the RAWK forum), or words to that effect?
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: January 21, 2017, 04:59:22 pm »
Really feel for mods on days like this. Fuck me.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #129 on: January 21, 2017, 05:06:49 pm »
Really feel for mods on days like this. Fuck me.

Haha I bet. I'd say I'm someone who tries to look for the positive and avoid slagging off the team and I feel sick, frustrated and gutted with that today. Means I can't really defend that performance or result so avoiding the Liverpool threads as don't have a lot positive to say myself and don't want to bite and react to all the really negative posts.

Areas we have a game midweek, means we can move on from this a bit quicker.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: January 21, 2017, 05:59:16 pm »
Areas we have a game midweek, means we can move on from this a bit quicker.
Can't decide these days whether you've got a new phone or you're just drunk 24/7

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #131 on: January 21, 2017, 06:05:36 pm »
Can't decide these days whether you've got a new phone or you're just drunk 24/7

Jesus, sorry. Phone is a pile of shite.  Wish I was drunk 24/7 ar the moment!

Has the shittest auto correct ever. Can't remember what word I was trying to type earlier but Frankfurter came up!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: January 21, 2017, 07:09:43 pm »
To answer your question, no mate, its an honour to be able to help the site. I think it has altered my posting style a bit but I suppose only you lot will notice the extent. As a poster I do challenge a few posters here & there, but being a Mod does make you hesitate contradicting people regularly. Claire is correct.
What I will add is that whatever goes on, on RAWK now is not new, when I joined 10 years ago I even thought it was cliquey, people would jump on you very quickly. People were as precious about the manager and certain players as they are now. RAWK is a tiny part of the internet but some people make it a big deal, and that's why I really don't get the "only on RAWK" and "on here", critiques. Nobody ever says "fucking hell this gaff is sound because that Twitter place is full of bad, ignorant ungrateful, self-opinionated c*nts".

People may think I’m guilty of it, but often I think posters are a bit harsh on each other :)

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #133 on: January 21, 2017, 07:22:37 pm »

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: January 21, 2017, 07:56:10 pm »
I've thought for a while the main forum misses regular Round Table threads after the game. I know it's difficult to pin down writers to start the threads, especially when we play 4 games in 2 weeks, but I think they facilitate healthy debate about the team. They're good threads to visit and find some useful discussion about the last performance, as opposed to the post match threads which often end up with negative shite and certain posters determined to derail them.

Rest of the forum is excellent though.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2017, 12:19:28 pm »
I do miss the round the table threads as well, as Broad Spectrum has said it does lead the debate into a more civilised setting. There have been some interesting opinions above, but I fully understand where Clare is coming from. I am sure it is a very difficult balance to get right, especially after games like yesterday's. It's a bit of a free for all after a result like that.

Roll on Wednesday, lets hope for a good result to allow a bit of the gloom to lift.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2017, 09:49:05 am »
The reason for there not being any round table threads is because of how in recent times there was a lack of discussion in them. Most of the posters who contributed to them either have been banned, or cottoned onto how this place has gone downhill and subsequently left the forum.

The banning of Halycon just about sums up how trigger happy the mods have been in killing this forum.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #137 on: January 28, 2017, 11:03:33 am »
The reason the Round Tables are not created is because people are not volunteering to write the OP to set it on the right track.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2017, 04:28:13 pm »
In fairness, there are reasons for that, too. Many RTs were dying on the vine.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #139 on: January 28, 2017, 04:49:53 pm »
In fairness, there are reasons for that, too. Many RTs were dying on the vine.

I think that's right. I've written the last 4 or 5 and no one in the Writers' Room ever adds anything - so it's on to a loser by the time it hits the main board. The less said about that the better.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #140 on: January 28, 2017, 05:26:17 pm »
The banning of Halycon just about sums up how trigger happy the mods have been in killing this forum.

indeed....his ludicrous ban still irks me...particularly when you see wums and trolls running riot and unchecked all over the fuckin shop as witnessed in today's diarrhea strewn post-match thread
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #141 on: January 28, 2017, 05:31:04 pm »
I think that's right. I've written the last 4 or 5 and no one in the Writers' Room ever adds anything - so it's on to a loser by the time it hits the main board. The less said about that the better.

I started five in 15/16. Only one went over a page.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #142 on: January 28, 2017, 08:08:51 pm »
Seriously, if you're not happy with the moderators on here who give loads of their own spare time with no thanks, no money, fuck all, you can all fuck off.

Don't blame the moderators for the website when the majority of you do absolutely fuck all.

You can always create your own forum spending your own money, rather than us.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: January 28, 2017, 08:11:02 pm »
Blimey!
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: January 28, 2017, 08:12:48 pm »
Blimey!

When you get threatened with physical violence due to being a mod on here for whatever reason, come back and fucking comment to me or any others. Otherwise fuck off and shut up.

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: January 28, 2017, 08:14:17 pm »
When you get threatened with physical violence due to being a mod on here for whatever reason, come back and fucking comment to me or any others. Otherwise fuck off and shut up.

I didn't threaten you. Calm down.

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: January 28, 2017, 08:16:30 pm »
I didn't threaten you. Calm down.

I didn't say YOU did, did i?

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: January 28, 2017, 08:22:08 pm »
I didn't say YOU did, did i?

Sorry you were threatened. But telling people to 'fuck off' for airing thoughts about how Rawk is doing is bloody stupid. I don't get paid for writing on this site either.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #148 on: January 28, 2017, 09:08:57 pm »
Sorry you were threatened. But telling people to 'fuck off' for airing thoughts about how Rawk is doing is bloody stupid. I don't get paid for writing on this site either.
Yes, but it must be bloody frustrating with some of the idiots on here....

We out to have a pad chamber for primal mod screams
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #149 on: January 28, 2017, 09:13:14 pm »
You've all had this place (mainly) for nothing for over fifteen years and it's (mainly) been a blast. You'll be lucky if you have it for another fifteen months. All those complaints about the atmosphere at Anfield and the cost of a ticket for the game? Well now even fans on Internet forums have the winning combination of a shite atmosphere and the opportunity to be monetised for someone else's benefit.

All the content that you used to create and share and read for free, for the love of the club and the chance to discuss it with like minded folk, has been lost to sites like the Tomkins Times, TAW and Anfield Index. You're not singing any more, you're not writing any more, but you're sure as hell moaning about it.

Fair play to the likes of TAW, they have developed the market, and some of the people involved in those sites may well be earning a living from being really super fans. But that shift to paid content is one of the developments - amongst many - that has driven writers away from RAWK, reduced content, reduced the personal connection and the interest in debate, and that's removed one of the purposes of the site.

TAW are developing a forum of their own and I'd like to wish them and all of our RAWK users past and present good luck with that venture. As we've been constantly reminded since 2001, running a footy forum is a piece of piss.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 09:15:37 pm by MichaelA »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: January 28, 2017, 10:08:20 pm »
I'm glad TAW are making their own forum, if it's so fucking easy good luck to them. We have never had a single advert on RAWK, and nobody has ever made a penny from this.

For well over a decade we have relied on donations, I can speak personally that moderating this forum has affected my private life, I've been abused, accused and god knows what else.

I've also spent months and months of my spare time getting nagged by my partner for rebuilding this site, which when we relaunched I got more abuse, and I had to justify why I spent my time working on that when we could've been doing anything else.

But it's ok, because some silly c*nt got themself banned it's open season on the moderators, I've been called a prostitute and worse on here by people who wouldn't fucking dream of saying it to my face, from morons who have never been the match in their life but it's ok because RAWK doesn't discriminate... does it?

We've ran a ticket exchange on here that has helped hundreds of people get match tickets, yes we know it has been abused but for the most part the exchange has been a great help to people.

Do you know what, lads?

I wouldn't cry if RAWK closed tomorrow, what's the fucking point in Ben running it at a great cost to himself for ungrateful little pricks who've never been to Liverpool in their life to cry over their mates being banned for being smug little bellends who told you Sturridge was shit? I told you Jordan Henderson can't do this or that, I told you Adam Lallana's stats don't stack up against Toni Kroos or Xavi.

Fuck off. The reason this site has gone downhill is because of YOU, not us.

It is YOUR forum, not ours.

The best writers, or the top scousers who only use RAWK to move their tickets or the mods who have had enough of your shit, it is YOUR fucking forum.

Fuck off.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: January 28, 2017, 11:37:32 pm »
When you get threatened with physical violence due to being a mod on here for whatever reason
I can speak personally that moderating this forum has affected my private life, I've been abused, accused and god knows what else.

I've been called a prostitute and worse on here
Those few things I have quoted sicken me to my very core.

When I first came here in 2003 (Jesus, is it really that long) my Dad had his own forum, thefansforum.co.uk

He only had it the four years, it wasn't that big really, at it's peak about 1,200 members.

The abuse was terrible and he eventually threw the towel in before it sent him mad.

You do your best for people, bend over backwards to help them yet some people are so pig ignorant they don't appreciate it.

I happen to think the moderating isn't strict enough on here, a lot more should be banned rather than watched or warned, it's a waste of time trying to be nice to shite just flush it down the bog and get rid.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2017, 12:10:49 am »
Jesus, people threatening physical violence and calling people prostitutes? That's disgraceful and I'm really sorry you have had to deal with that stuff.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #153 on: January 29, 2017, 12:12:14 am »
So we were talking about Round Tables, rather than vilifying certain or all Mods? That escalated quickly.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #154 on: January 29, 2017, 12:40:30 am »
I just want to tell you both how much I appreciate both this site and the contribution you both make to keeping it going.

Lots of both!

I live on the net and this site is the biggest part of that!

Claire, FWIW, if you told me who'd said that to you, I'd attempt to shame them and worse! It's an absolute disgrace that you should have to deal with that sort of shit and I'm sure you're have an army behind you if you chose to go to war over it!

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #155 on: January 29, 2017, 02:18:10 am »
I just want to tell you both how much I appreciate both this site and the contribution you both make to keeping it going.

Lots of both!

I live on the net and this site is the biggest part of that!

Claire, FWIW, if you told me who'd said that to you, I'd attempt to shame them and worse! It's an absolute disgrace that you should have to deal with that sort of shit and I'm sure you're have an army behind you if you chose to go to war over it!

This

In all seriousness though what Titi has said I second wholeheartedly.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2017, 07:08:21 am »
I used to moderate a forum that only had around 1000 members.  I know what Claire is on about - the personal abuse I got  was sickening.

Cut out the moaning and appreciate what you have got here.

This site has helped me (and I am sure many others) a lot to get to grips with my feelings over Hillsborough.  For that alone the Mods and other members deserve awards, not abuse.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2017, 07:44:57 am »
Sick of being told to 'Fuck Off' on here..so I will.

My main contribution to this site was my Hillsborough stuff, the last topic I did about my new book disappeared in 2 days got 2 replies. So maybe it's time I moved on anyway.

Physical violence and personal abuse on a footy website, I'm above all that kids stuff to be honest, school ground behaviour.

Looks like I've simply outgrown RAWK....at the right time by the looks of things.

Have fun, keep it clean and thanks for the good times.
Mike B.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 07:50:54 am by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2017, 11:18:27 am »
I notice that we always have these cosy chats when the team loses a few on the trot. When we win, no one wants to write a Round Table, or contribute to it, when we lose we want to shout and bawl. So I think the best way to moderate the main board is for Herr Klopp to start winning, that would help us a great deal ;)

meantime, mods are just as big fans as the rest of yers and they/we also get emotional, and whilst we are trained* not to post whilst grumpy, I don't blame them if they do post like that.

RAWK will meander along as a meeting point for Reds for a while yet, and so long as we still can ban the witless, the rest of us will enjoy whatever output is presented to us. We're not a one stop shop anymore for writing, tickets, info and so on, many sites have cherry picked the best elements of RAWK and made them their own and good for them.

But I hope we will continue to host a site that is still the best for Red fans to come and chat. And we will continue to ban the idiots who can't control their fingers on the keyboards of shite.

*thats a lie
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 11:52:18 am by Hinesy »
Yep.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2017, 11:32:00 am »
The reason for there not being any round table threads is because of how in recent times there was a lack of discussion in them. Most of the posters who contributed to them either have been banned, or cottoned onto how this place has gone downhill and subsequently left the forum.

Kals, are you able to name any of the posters who enhanced the site with their contributions that have been banned?
In fact, besides Halycon, can you signpost us to anyone that has been banned in the last 12 months that wasn't a troll or on the wind-up?

We know we're not perfect and we are open to feedback, but sometimes criticism of Mods is a bit harsh and a generalised statement like that above is inaccurate and unfair to my colleagues on here that spend their own time facilitating your access to the forum, keeping it tidy and relatively free from idiots or abusive people.