Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4131027 times)

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #80 on: September 8, 2005, 04:46:43 pm »
Guys I realise this is a massive long shot but does anyone have or know how to get a copy of the Castillo vs Corrales fight? One of the best fights I have ever seen and would love to be able to have a copy of it on my computer

Try this site mate- http://www.fighttime.co.uk/

Who does everyone think will win the rematch? I was hoping for a fight simalar to the first, but i think it might be a big let down like. I cant see them going at it like that again, it took a hell of a lot out of them both!
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline Jibby

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: September 8, 2005, 04:51:54 pm »
Try this site mate- http://www.fighttime.co.uk/

Who does everyone think will win the rematch? I was hoping for a fight simalar to the first, but i think it might be a big let down like. I cant see them going at it like that again, it took a hell of a lot out of them both!

Cheers, that site looks like it could do the job. You ever ordered from there before? And if so, I take i they are pretty reliable?

Think the 2nd fight won't be as good as the first. Look at the Barrera vs Morales re-match as an example. Re-matches are never as good!!!
"I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly..."

"That was one crazy party. I am hung over."

"What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing! How 'bout we get you in your p.j."

Offline nozza

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: September 8, 2005, 04:54:47 pm »

Think the 2nd fight won't be as good as the first. Look at the Barrera vs Morales re-match as an example. Re-matches are never as good!!!
[/quote]

you never know, i watched the gatti/ward trilogy last weekend and all three fights were fuckin amazing

Offline 50 Pence

• Thanks to a slightly better exchange rate, he's a higher value rapper...
  • Kopite
« Reply #83 on: September 8, 2005, 05:21:02 pm »
Have a good feeling bout this one. But think Corrales will emerge with the belts again
I wish I'd be a bit more spontaneous. Sometimes I feel like going out, stealing a traffic cone, putting it on my head and saying, "Look at me, I'm a giant witch."

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #84 on: September 8, 2005, 06:37:42 pm »
Guys I realise this is a massive long shot but does anyone have or know how to get a copy of the Castillo vs Corrales fight? One of the best fights I have ever seen and would love to be able to have a copy of it on my computer

I've got Coralles v Castillo if you want me to post you a copy mate

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #85 on: September 8, 2005, 06:48:19 pm »
Some decent odds...

Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: September 8, 2005, 09:37:04 pm »
I know me Da put on £50 a year ago on Samuel Peter to become heavyweight champ like, I dont know what odds he got on it though. The other Klitchko fights Hasim Rahman next as well, I facy Rock to take his head off with that big right hand that took Lewis out in their first fight. Im not a fan of the Klitchkos ;D

Offline Dar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: September 8, 2005, 09:59:41 pm »
Think on Roy Jones, he lost some of his speed and just general sharpness having to sweat back down from Heavyweight. Also there's the thing of Roy getting tested positive for steroids.

Offline Bronx Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: September 9, 2005, 02:13:38 am »
I read somewhere  about Ricky Hatton sacking his manager (promoter) has the fame gone to his head or is their other reasons.Is  warren the bad guy here or what??? just curious  i hate it when sport stars get above their station when they hit it big (not sayen that hatton has as im not fully aware whats going on). I know his own family believe they can do a betted  job but can they.Frank seemed to be doing fine. But in sayen all that im kinda interested  where  he is going to go from here.I would love to see him and Gatti in a ring togeather and it would be a good move by both in my oponion.I read where hattons father  reconed  he has only about 3 fights left in him????? surely not
« Last Edit: September 9, 2005, 02:16:08 am by Bronx Red »

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: September 9, 2005, 04:58:04 am »
I read somewhere  about Ricky Hatton sacking his manager (promoter) has the fame gone to his head or is their other reasons.Is  warren the bad guy here or what??? just curious  i hate it when sport stars get above their station when they hit it big (not sayen that hatton has as im not fully aware whats going on). I know his own family believe they can do a betted  job but can they.Frank seemed to be doing fine. But in sayen all that im kinda interested  where  he is going to go from here.I would love to see him and Gatti in a ring togeather and it would be a good move by both in my oponion.I read where hattons father  reconed  he has only about 3 fights left in him????? surely not

From what I can tell id side with Ricky. Frank Warren is a snake, i wouldnt trust him as far as i could spit. I dont know the ins and outs of it all but I think Ricky is just trying to put his best interests first and he thinks that he'd be better off without Warren. I dont know about Hatton vs Gatti, I think Floyd showed Gatti up last time and he looked finished to me mate. Floyd vs Hatton would be a cracker though, if i was Ricky id go for Floyd, Zab Judah and maybe Corrales.

Offline Bluto-clause

• ave a go hero, first punch is free
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: September 9, 2005, 05:19:32 am »
I know fuck all about boxing, but I do know that Ricky Hatton is one hard bastard
During the week I check the boxes
At the week-end I fill in the blanks
And when I close my eyes at night
I'm the king of all I survey.

Offline Jibby

• Main Stander
« Reply #91 on: September 9, 2005, 08:51:01 am »
I've got Coralles v Castillo if you want me to post you a copy mate

Mate that would be legendary if you could do that
"I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly..."

"What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing! How 'bout we get you in your p.j."

Offline Bronx Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: September 9, 2005, 02:03:27 pm »
I know what u mean but i think ricky should stay away from flyod for now take a few easier fights and build on hid career.Its the fight alot will want but i don't think its in the best interests off Hatton.Yes i know across the pond alot think that Hatton is indestructable and would beat flyod,but in my oponion flyod would destroy him as well.Gatti and Hatton had very simular styles (well so i think as i haven't seen alot off Hatton) and flyod is scary fast and hard to catch,maybe he wouldn,t do the same to ricky but then their is no sayen he won;t.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #93 on: September 9, 2005, 02:15:19 pm »
Ricky is like Gatti was in his prime - they are not comparable anymore. You can't say just beacuse Mayweather beat Gatti he would do the same to Hatton.

FMJ destroyed Gatti because Gatti stood there and let him. Yes it was a boxing masterclass and you can't doubt Floyd's talent but Gatti stood there like a mannequin.

I honestly don't think Floyd could handle the marauding style of Ricky Hatton. Hatton would smother him, like he did to THE MAN that WAS Kostya Tzsyu, then batter him.

It aint a fight we will see soon because Ricky will want a couple of (monetary) defences but if Floyd doesn't move up a weight, expect the fight of '06 to be Hatton - Mayweather - Hatton as winner 

Offline Bronx Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: September 9, 2005, 02:32:46 pm »
Ohh the irony lol so ur prepared to say Hatton will batter him.Nots let us for get here that Hatton beat  an old worn out  Tzsyu who had only fought what like 9 rounds in 3 years. It will be  a interesting fight but i wouldn't just be as bold to as you and predict a winner.Allthough if it was to be judged on pure boxing skills then it would be flyod  by a country mile,but then boxing ain't allways the winner. ;)

Offline Jibby

• Main Stander
« Reply #95 on: September 9, 2005, 04:32:12 pm »
CALZAGHE ATTACKS HATTON

Joe Calzaghe has started a war of words with fellow world champion Ricky Hatton.

The Welshman, who defends his WBO super-middleweight belt against Evans Ashira on Saturday, claims the fuss surrounding the Hitman's win over Kostya Tszyu was "a joke".

He also claims he is Britain's best fighter, even though Hatton is ranked the undisputed light-welterweight king and Calzaghe's divisional dominance is under threat from IBF champion Jeff Lacy.

"Ricky Hatton's a good fighter, but I'm a better one," he said. "He had a good win over Tszyu but the media hype surrounding it was a joke.

"Eight years I've been defending the title, he's just won it. Let's see if he is still a champion in four years, let alone eight."

The remarks will drive a further wedge between Frank Warren's Sports Network, who still promote Calzaghe, and Hatton who is facing a legal battle to break free from his long-time promoter.

The two fighters often appeared together to publicise Sports Network, but their careers have headed in different directions with Hatton now keen to crack America following his sensational summer success over Tszyu.

Calzaghe has the chance to prove his point against African Warrior Ashira in Cardiff on Saturday, when he needs to pull out an impressive performance and kickstart his career.

A late withdrawal from an all-British showdown with Brian Magee in March did the Welshman's reputation no good, while he struggled to overcome both Mger Mkrtchian and Kabary Salem in 2004.

He made amends with an impressive win over Mario Veit in Germany in May, but needs to dismiss Ashira to secure a November unification bout with Lacy, following the American's ruthless demolition of Robin Reid.

Ashira comes to the Cardiff International Arena with an impressive record of just one defeat in 25 fights, although his only previous world title tilt ended in a second-round stoppage at the hands of Maselino Masoe, when they met for the vacant WBA bauble.

Can kind of see his point in the fact that he's been defending his title for the past 8 yrs now but coming from someone who has said that he wants to get a better and larger fanbase, attacking Hatton is not the smartest move. Sounds like sour grapes to me in the fact that Hatton gets all the media attention

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: September 9, 2005, 04:34:13 pm »
Calzaghe is a wanker, that just confirms it for me. Hes just trying to get people interested in his fight this weekend I think it is? Not sure, dotn care either!

Offline DamianLFC

• Main Stander
  • Champions of Europe 2005
« Reply #97 on: September 9, 2005, 05:02:33 pm »
Calzaghe seems to be a very bitter man(maybe he's a bluenose) because he does n't get the spotlight that Hatton does. He may have had the title for 8 years but he's never really taken on 1 the top fighters in his divison for one reason or another.He badly needs the fight with Lacey.

Offline smiggers

• Kopite
« Reply #98 on: September 9, 2005, 05:08:58 pm »
Calzaghe could and should have been a great boxer but under Frank Warren he has been held back in his attempts to be one of the best.

I don't think Warren has done any of the top British boxers any good apart from linning their pockets. Having said that I suppose any promoter would do the same.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: September 9, 2005, 09:34:24 pm »
Frank Warren is a leech, always has been. I remember when he was with Naz, he was billing Naz as the best fighter hes EVER seen. Soon as Naz breaks up with him, the bitterness set in and he took every opportunity to put the boot in. He will do it to Hatton as well. I dont like promoters, especially a man who has never been in the ring before in his life- Frank Warren. Ever since he slagged Darkie Smith off after the fight his son had with Hatton i cant be arsed with him. The only British promoter who i have any respect at all for is Alan Mortlock. Hes in the unlicesened game. A Lovely, sound, honest bloke. Warren could take a few lessons from guys like him.

Don King is a shit house as well, but ive got to admit he is a master of the hype game! I enjoy watching him holding court.

Offline Bronx Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: September 9, 2005, 09:38:46 pm »
Allso now golden boy promotions by oscar de la hoya should be ok as he knows what it is to fight.Allthough i doubt if he has any interests ur side off the water,but is starting to promote alot off the big fights (heavy weight excluded) out here.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: September 9, 2005, 09:40:49 pm »
Allso now golden boy promotions by oscar de la hoya should be ok as he knows what it is to fight.Allthough i doubt if he has any interests ur side off the water,but is starting to promote alot off the big fights (heavy weight excluded) out here.

I heard Oscar and Hopkins were big fans of Junior Witter, a man I think will beat Ricky Hatton. Ive thought that for a long time now, and my belief was backed up when Hatton wanted the fight, but Frank Warren didnt. I think Junior has to beat a few big names over in America first though, get himself well known and then he might get a crack at Ricky. He is the most awkward fighter around at the minute, I could see him giving Ricky a very hard time.

Offline DamianLFC

• Main Stander
  • Champions of Europe 2005
« Reply #102 on: September 9, 2005, 09:54:39 pm »
Witter is a very underated fighter and would defiently given Hatton a good fight. He's has n't got the most attractive style of boxing and thats probably why he does n't get the same attention as Hatton . Hope this fight goes ahead but not sure it will.

Offline Disintegration

• Legacy Fan
  • Kicking Against The Pricks
    • Attempted blog, didn't last long. As always.
« Reply #103 on: September 9, 2005, 11:25:15 pm »
Clinton Woods had an excellent win tonight against a very solid top 10 contender. That's what a real fighter is, Calzaghe. Not someone who's terrified of losing his '0', but someone who's willing to take on the best, win or lose and keep improving along the way. For all of Calzaghe's talent and self-promotion, the fact is that he's cruised along for years defending a barely legitimate title whilst the amiable Clinton Woods, one of boxing's nice guys, has had a few hiccups but come back to win a top notch belt in his IBF crown, refusing to lie down and take the easy option.

Calzaghe is terribly bitter - has been for a long time. To attack Hatton just after Ricky has defeated an all time great who most people, including myself, picked to KO him is pathetic. His constant attacks on Clinton Woods  have been just as ludicrous.

Offline Disintegration

• Legacy Fan
  • Kicking Against The Pricks
    • Attempted blog, didn't last long. As always.
« Reply #104 on: September 9, 2005, 11:26:43 pm »
I heard Oscar and Hopkins were big fans of Junior Witter, a man I think will beat Ricky Hatton. Ive thought that for a long time now, and my belief was backed up when Hatton wanted the fight, but Frank Warren didnt. I think Junior has to beat a few big names over in America first though, get himself well known and then he might get a crack at Ricky. He is the most awkward fighter around at the minute, I could see him giving Ricky a very hard time.

I used to think Witter had a chance, but unless he gets Ricky early, he'll lose. I think it's that simple. His last fight showed his shoddy stamina and hatred of pressure. I believe Hatton would stop Witter after seven or eight one sided rounds unless he gets caught cold - Of course Witter has excellent power and you can't underestimate that, but my gut feeling now is that Ricky overwhelms in the mid-late rounds.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 12:18:10 am by Disintegration »

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: September 9, 2005, 11:41:06 pm »
Clinton Woods had an excellent win tonight against a very solid top 10 contender. That's what a real fighter is, Calzaghe. Not someone who's terrified of losing his '0', but someone who's willing to take on the best, win or lose and keep improving along the way. For all of Calzaghe's talent and self-promotion, the fact is that he's cruised along for years defending a barely legitimate title whilst the amiable Clinton Woods, one of boxing's nice guys, has had a few hiccups but come back to win a top notch belt in his IBF crown, refusing to lie down and take the easy option.

Calzaghe is terribly bitter - has been for a long time. To attack Hatton just after Ricky has defeated an all time great who most people, including myself, picked to KO him is pathetic. His constant attacks on Clinton Woods  have been just as ludicrous.

Pretty much spot on mate, especially about Clinton Woods. Lot of Respect for him, more than id ever have for Joe. Good post

Offline Withnail

• Failed anorexic.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Calzaghe/Khan
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2005, 08:54:15 pm »
I would love to know why all the media hype about tonights boxing is about amir khan ?
Joe Calzaghe has been the most under rated british boxer ever, no matter what the guy does he never gets the recognition he deserves.
i can piss for longer than khan has been on the scene, yet all the talk is about him. yes, he is a very good little fighter. yes, he is very promising, but as yet, he has achieved fuck all as a pro.
How old is Calzaghe now ? early 30's ? And the fucker has defended his title so many times it is unreal.
If he was a black american people would be calling him one of the all time greats !
It really fucks me off  :no

Offline ScouserTommy37

• Steve Biko, Aung San Suu Kyi, Nelson Mandela and now ScouserTommy37. Stop the repression!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Will there ever be a Rainbow ?
Re: Calzaghe/Khan
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2005, 08:55:59 pm »
Channel ? Time ? I was supposed to be going but for reasons I'd rather not go into I can't :(

Your right by the way.
Come on RAWK lets ave it and you can bring your fuckin dinner as well.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/ <-- Read this JFT96

MICHAEL SHIELDS YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

"If Jamie Carragher were Italian, we'd build entire dynasties around him." Corriere della Sera

Offline Withnail

• Failed anorexic.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2005, 08:57:23 pm »
Channel ? Time ? I was supposed to be going but for reasons I'd rather not go into I can't :(

Your right by the way.
itv 10.30

Offline ScouserTommy37

• Steve Biko, Aung San Suu Kyi, Nelson Mandela and now ScouserTommy37. Stop the repression!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2005, 08:59:06 pm »
Cheers. So thats hour and a half of Pro Evo and then to the shores of Fistiana (no it's not a low budget porno before someone chirps up)

"If Jamie Carragher were Italian, we'd build entire dynasties around him." Corriere della Sera

Offline Xabi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2005, 09:01:11 pm »
I really do hope Kahn gets smashed.
R.T.K

Offline Withnail

• Failed anorexic.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2005, 09:02:45 pm »
No, i hope he wins. i just wish jc would get the credit he deserves.

Offline Xabi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2005, 09:05:08 pm »
Nah, everyone loves him too much.
R.T.K

Offline Withnail

• Failed anorexic.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2005, 09:05:56 pm »
ok, ok. :wave the stellas have clouded my ability to think for myself.

Offline ScouserTommy37

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2005, 09:13:50 pm »
I would love AK to be the real deal but it remains to be seen. JC IS the real deal and has already proven it.

Offline Bronx Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2005, 09:15:29 pm »
The British love a good loser thats why Khan is so popular,      :wave allthough he is young and has plenty off time to become the real deal.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2005, 09:35:23 pm »

I hope exactly the opposite.

Oh, and I hope calazage gets a good pasting. Seems a little too arrogant for my liking...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 10:01:41 pm by Cusamano »
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Bronx Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2005, 10:21:12 pm »
But with  8 defences off his title i think he has earned the right to be arrogant

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2005, 10:26:20 pm »
But with  8 defences off his title i think he has earned the right to be arrogant

A little humility never hurt anyone...

He's gone down in my estimations, especially after his latest rant over hatton

Offline Bronx Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2005, 10:36:58 pm »
Ya but then by his ranting he seems to be getten the publicity he is craven.Maybe the wrong kind but then in boxing their is no wrong kind.You are either loved or hated,either way your on a win win.