Author Topic: Premier League fixtures 14-16th October  (Read 25580 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: Premier League fixtures 14-16th October
« Reply #200 on: October 14, 2017, 08:58:47 pm »
Truly embarrassing stuff from Chelsea today.

Arsenal?

Yep, I could see him being at Arsenal, if Tuchel isn't. He turned down offers from bigger clubs outside of the PL to join Watford. I think he prefers the level of control he has in the PL.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: October 14, 2017, 09:02:38 pm »
wouldnt need to move house as their training grounds are nearby

Deeney is spot on here

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/919285963901239297

He's just earned himself a nice reducer the next time he faces them.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: October 14, 2017, 09:04:07 pm »

From an Arsenal player!? Possibly the only nicer team than us in this league.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: October 14, 2017, 09:05:06 pm »
from who on that team??

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: October 14, 2017, 09:06:05 pm »

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #205 on: October 14, 2017, 09:08:18 pm »
wouldnt need to move house as their training grounds are nearby

Deeney is spot on here

Nearby to meaning next door, staff from both clubs can use a ladder & long lense video & record each others training sessions. ;D
#Sausages

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #206 on: October 14, 2017, 09:09:59 pm »

Denney is a bit of a prick. But he sums it up perfectly.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: October 14, 2017, 09:12:23 pm »
Denney is a bit of a prick. But he sums it up perfectly.

I don't disagree with him, but why give the media a quote like that? Take the high ground and deflect the question.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #208 on: October 14, 2017, 09:13:10 pm »
I don't disagree with him, but why give the media a quote like that? Take the high ground and deflect the question.

Because he is a prick. Why is he even in studio?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: October 14, 2017, 09:35:17 pm »
seem to remember when they beat us 3-0 a few seasons ago he called skrtel a soft shite (paraphrasing a bit there), not wrong but probably not a great idea to say it

Xhaka likes a tackle.
hed also find new ways to fuck it up, would probably do his acl in attempting to do the tackle

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: October 14, 2017, 09:56:42 pm »
De Bruyne's passing today was ridiculously good. Not sure there is a better player in the league when it comes to weight of pass.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #211 on: October 14, 2017, 09:57:52 pm »
Deeney is spot on here

Great little clip that, it's excellent to have an actual participant giving some unvarnished truth.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #212 on: October 14, 2017, 10:14:11 pm »
De Bruyne's passing today was ridiculously good. Not sure there is a better player in the league when it comes to weight of pass.

He's on a different level at the moment.

They have two great strikers too.

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #213 on: October 14, 2017, 10:49:46 pm »
Because he is a prick. Why is he even in studio?

he’s not a prick - he’s just saying it how it is. i’d much rather that than some generic shit like ‘yeah arsenal are a good team, they showed their quality etc’ 

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: October 14, 2017, 11:22:13 pm »
he’s not a prick - he’s just saying it how it is. i’d much rather that than some generic shit like ‘yeah arsenal are a good team, they showed their quality etc’
Deeney is an absolutely snidey shithouse, and shit

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: October 14, 2017, 11:23:36 pm »
Deeney is an absolutely snidey shithouse, and shit

And he looks like a cartoon.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: October 14, 2017, 11:51:52 pm »

who is he to say that though?  The arsenal players have won more football games than he has.

reminds me of that time the Bournemouth defender had a pop at Mignolet after they beat us last season. These players need to know their place

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: October 15, 2017, 12:00:07 am »
who is he to say that though?  The arsenal players have won more football games than he has.

reminds me of that time the Bournemouth defender had a pop at Mignolet after they beat us last season. These players need to know their place

Don't like that though, just because a side wins more than yours why shouldn't you tell the truth about how you see things

Football has become boring enough as it is without needing to have fucking robots all giving the same generic answers to questions. Fair fucks to him, he's fucking right. Arsenal for years have looked a side with a soft centre, of the top sides they're the ones i'd love to play against if i was a player for a smaller side, take the game to them and watch their prima donnas look to the referee for help instead of giving as good as they get

One particular passage of play always comes to mind when people talk about Arsenals character and strength. The game we obliterated them in the first 20 mins. The Sturrdige goal from Coutinhos through ball. Ozils in that passage of play sums up their problems for me, outmuscled... doesn't want to fight for the ball, would rather complain to the ref and watch us wheel away with the ball and score.

A number of their fans used to wheel out this narrative that they were some sort of english Barcelona. At barca they view losing the ball as something you should feel shame about, Arsenal are a side everyone knows don't want to battle you if you go at them from the off, stoke used to love that and fast became their bogey team for that exact reason. I don't even like Deeney to be honest but fair play to him for just being honest

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: October 15, 2017, 12:03:24 am »

It's a bit disrespectful, I doubt he'd be lapping it up if an Arsenal player said "Well, Watford lack quality" after belting the shit out of them at Vicarage Road last year.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: October 15, 2017, 12:09:50 am »
It's a bit disrespectful, I doubt he'd be lapping it up if an Arsenal player said "Well, Watford lack quality" after belting the shit out of them at Vicarage Road last year.

Maybe i need to watch it back as i did listen to it as kind of background noise but i didn't think it was personally

Its telling that its said time and time again season after season about them, even Martin Keown seems to go on to pretty much agree with him after which says a lot considering the sides he played in for Arsenal

As a player/manager surely you target oppositions weaknesses, to highlight them isn't disrespectful to me unless you are wording it in a certain way. I don't see it as disrespectful when people talk about targeting our weakness on set pieces as its true and everyone can see it.

He probably wouldn't be lapping it up but i also doubt he would disagree wholeheartedly with it

Offline Thats So Dimitar

• Kopite
« Reply #220 on: October 15, 2017, 12:34:22 am »

He had a whinge about it a couple years ago when we played them, Ake got sent off for putting his studs in to the inside of of Lamela's thigh, an easy red card but apparently for him it was because we "disrespect Watford", he's an idiot.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/watfords-troy-deeney-accuses-tottenham-7088526.amp

Despite TV pictures proving the dismissal was justified, Deeney has accused the Spurs players of pressuring referee Anthony Taylor to show a straight red card.

The striker said: “The thing that frustrated me was 10 people running around the referee screaming for him to be sent off.

“But apparently we’re 'little Watford' and you’re supposed to be running all over us, so why do you need a man sent off?

“People are going to know what we do. Tottenham tried three at the back. People will show you respect. But you’ll still get people who come here expecting to beat us.

“We’re still classed as ‘little Watford’. I find it quite cute. But we cause people problems. We’ve held our own and shaken up the league a little bit.

“The only reason we’re not getting more credit is because of how well Leicester have done. But we’re happy to be lowish under the radar.”
We beat Real Madrid

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: October 15, 2017, 12:43:42 am »
I've watched all of this 17 min interview with Deeney - quite refreshing to hear a footballer talk without the pre-set template.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_48KTftAmeo

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #222 on: October 15, 2017, 01:05:10 am »

I've watched all of this 17 min interview with Deeney - quite refreshing to hear a footballer talk without the pre-set template.

Aye. After some of the posts above, I was about to post that video.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #223 on: October 15, 2017, 03:01:29 am »

The reaction in here shows exactly why most do talk in boring generic cliches though.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #224 on: October 15, 2017, 04:08:42 am »
I have new found respect for Deeney.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #225 on: October 15, 2017, 04:12:52 am »
The reaction in here shows exactly why most do talk in boring generic cliches though.
It no surprise though. It's the reason why the rich get richer and the poor get poor.

People like to live in a bubble. They don't like hearing stuff that goes against what they think. Even a bloody footballer giving an interview.

Our species really is doomed.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #226 on: October 15, 2017, 06:04:20 am »
No way will Palace win today, not a hope in hell.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: October 15, 2017, 07:51:25 am »
Kevin De Bruyne is something else.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: October 15, 2017, 10:00:39 am »
It no surprise though. It's the reason why the rich get richer and the poor get poor.

People like to live in a bubble. They don't like hearing stuff that goes against what they think. Even a bloody footballer giving an interview.

Our species really is doomed.
In this instance, he said something that everyone already believed/knew. I think people would describe our team in similar ways but thats for another day.

As for a ''reducer''.
1) Does he look like someone who is bothered by that?
2) He called Arsenal soft for a reason.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 10:02:36 am by b_joseph »

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #229 on: October 15, 2017, 10:25:08 am »

Why does he need to say it though?

I am not saying he's wrong but just keep your head down.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #230 on: October 15, 2017, 10:39:57 am »
He is a prick - at the same time, I'm glad he said it - should give our lads some pause for thought so that we don't fall into the same trap.

It's why I was pleased to see Moreno getting stuck in in a couple of games and glad to know that Naby Keith has a bit of that needle too - there's many on this League who will simply bully you if you're seen as soft.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: October 15, 2017, 10:41:25 am »
Why does he need to say it though?

I am not saying he's wrong but just keep your head down.
'cos he's a prick and a stupid one to boot - a clever player does what he does without advertising - instead he's put a nice target on his back

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #232 on: October 15, 2017, 10:48:13 am »
'cos he's a prick and a stupid one to boot - a clever player does what he does without advertising - instead he's put a nice target on his back

It's just not very bright.

Never like players mouthing off in the press.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #233 on: October 15, 2017, 11:41:30 am »
I did laugh at Arsenal fans calling him out on Twatter like you have to win back to back Premier League titles to have any say on anything. One Watford fan was like "He's a legend to Watford fans for what he's done over the years" and an Arsenal fan retorted 'Well that's something to tell the grandkids about'. Well it is, yeah. He probably scored one of the most dramatic goals in a Championship Play Off Semi Final, I would say that was a tale pretty worthy of recanting to grandchildren- as would be any career high points in professional football in the upper echoleans of English football for most players. I find that elitism so funny, especially from fans who by location/fortune support one of the biggest clubs in the world. It's easy for millions of people to support Arsenal, coz they're successful and are always at or near the top, but it's a lot lot harder for individual players to make it to those sort of clubs because only so many players are needed in a squad of Arsenal's but it certainly doesn't make them shit or not worthy of talking football.

Football is so fucking sanitised now. He said some truthful shit about Arsenal after they'd beaten them, big deal! They'll get a chance to put it right at the Emirates in the second half of the season. Perhaps he's even done them a favour, because it's a pretty disappointing allegation that you'd want to go out and prove wasn't true isn't it?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:44:25 am by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: October 15, 2017, 11:48:50 am »
I see Danny Murphy has said Gabriel Jesus is the best young player he's seen since Messi. No pressure there then!

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: October 15, 2017, 12:22:45 pm »

I do disagree with him. "There's a reason they lost and it wasn't because of one penalty". Yes, they did. That's how football works. If you win by one goal, and that goal is a penalty, the penalty is why you lost, same as any other goal conceded.
And while the whole "Cajones" rubbish is mostly just puff without any substantial claims made, its under lying philosophy and understanding of football its totally off base.
Football is not just about wanting it more, or having more grit and determination than the other side, and the fact that most English players think it is, is why England will never win anything of note.
Arsenal lost because some of their players didn't play very well, the tactics weren't right, and because a softish penalty was given.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: October 15, 2017, 12:30:57 pm »
And the consequences will be what? Is he going to lose his job? No...will his teammates not back him up? No.

He plays for a team that will be happy to finish mid table. There is little that can be done to bother him and thats why its easier to come out and speak in that manner.

Of course winning matches goes deeper than ''who wants it more''. But, that a player would openly say, what he said, about a team that will finish 20+ points ahead of his club, is quite telling of how the league views Arsenal.
Its the Ferguson ''lads, its Tottenham''. Yes, United were better than TH but some teams just garner a reputation for being weak...rightly or wrongly.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 12:33:02 pm by b_joseph »

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #237 on: October 15, 2017, 12:36:27 pm »
Any streams for Everton?

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: October 15, 2017, 12:50:37 pm »
And the consequences will be what? Is he going to lose his job? No...will his teammates not back him up? No.

He plays for a team that will be happy to finish mid table. There is little that can be done to bother him and thats why its easier to come out and speak in that manner.

Of course winning matches goes deeper than ''who wants it more''. But, that a player would openly say, what he said, about a team that will finish 20+ points ahead of his club, is quite telling of how the league views Arsenal.
Its the Ferguson ''lads, its Tottenham''. Yes, United were better than TH but some teams just garner a reputation for being weak...rightly or wrongly.
It's 'trash talk' - WWE style or Floyd - Mayweather

Each to their own I suppose