Author Topic: Leicester City; Champions 2015-2016  (Read 276472 times)

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
Leicester City; Champions 2015-2016
« on: December 19, 2015, 09:58:31 pm »
Threads on Vardy, threads on Mahrez. Threads on the usual clubs, none on Leicester, the undoubted club of the year. Bottom of the league Christmas 2014. Top in 2015. It's not due to two players either. It can't be. Nor is it due to a manager. This to me, looks like dressing room/player power.

Some weeks ago, the Leicester push was soon to unravel a bit, and by February say, those flirtatious dreams of a title were to come down a little, and they were going to have to settle for a dream of top 4. Could they stay in that battle for the rest of the season? That was what most of us were thinking.

Now tho? They'll be hoping for a draw on Monday night.

Still a win or so away from safety of course, and have really enjoyed what Ranieri's been saying in the press when asked - think he's got it spot on all season in that regard.

So can they do it? I think they can. If they can hold on injury wise, and maybe bring in a few players this January - this is their big chance, and they have to go for it. Lots of paper talk about clubs interested in their main players but why would anyone leave that dressing room? Why would Vardy go to Chelsea for 3 times the money when he's at Leicester dining at the top of the table? Only an idiot would.

Breath of fresh air etc. But they CAN do it. What do you think?
« Last Edit: May 2, 2016, 09:54:54 pm by John C »

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Leicester City 2014-2015
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 09:59:54 pm »
2 points from safety, seriously i think they'll get top 4 minimum
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 10:04:17 pm »
They won't win the league but they'll get top 4. It'll be wonderful if they do get top 4 and upset the applecart somewhat. I really like how they play and they've got some really good players who compliment each other so well.

I think they'll start to fade soon but they'll beat enough teams in the bottom half to get top 4. That in itself would be an outstanding achievement.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 10:06:46 pm »
I think they won't make ot top 4 as the first loss together with an injury will have more of an impact as this point of the season than earlier on...
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 10:07:08 pm »
Between them and Bournemouth it's like a football management game where you take over some shite club and win the Premier League within a few years or go from non-league to the top of the league.

Fair play to them they've taken advantage of the power vacuum in the league this season.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 10:10:57 pm »
Still think they'll hit a bad run of form between now and the end of the season and that'll cost them top 4.

They've done absolutely amazing up to now though.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 10:11:14 pm »
Nailed on top 4. too much momentum. (this season but the thread appears to be about last season?)
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 10:14:16 pm »
I didn't realize they had won 6 and drawn 3 in their 9 away matches this season, scoring 21 goals in the process! thats incredible
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 10:19:01 pm »
I think they may have a bit of a bad run and maybe miss out on the title (as you do), but they won't be missing out on top 4 now. IF they keep everyone fit. That's the key. Making sure they're active in January will be key too, and none of this, we're doing fine we don't need to rubbish.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2015, 10:20:25 pm »
I didn't realize they had won 6 and drawn 3 in their 9 away matches this season, scoring 21 goals in the process! thats incredible

Shankly's bogey side are Leicester. When do we play them again?

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2015, 10:22:00 pm »
Boxing Day. We'll win.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2015, 10:22:25 pm »

Boxing day.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2015, 10:23:30 pm »
Even when they were in the relegation zone last season they were playing decent footy. Had loads of bad luck and then it clicked in terms of results.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2015, 10:23:41 pm »
I'm also very happy for Ranieri after all the bullshit he's had thrown his way from the media in this country and from neutral fans since he left Chelsea.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2015, 10:23:43 pm »
Oh yeah, Boxing Day. That's the day after Christmas isn't it?

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2015, 10:42:57 pm »
Christmas 2014 , Leciester bottom of the league.
Christmas 2015, leciester top of the league.
Amazing.

They will make top 4. Gap already too big.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2015, 10:43:30 pm »
Team of the year.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2015, 10:45:05 pm »
They will make top 4. Gap already too big.

9 point gap with 63 to play for, nah that's not too big.

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2015, 10:49:12 pm »
The run they have been on since April or so is astounding.

I think they have a real chance to get top 4.
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2015, 10:52:10 pm »
Even when they were in the relegation zone last season they were playing decent footy. Had loads of bad luck and then it clicked in terms of results.

yeah, were the better side by a mile when we played them on new years day, came out flying against us and we were gifted 2 pens yet they still came back to 2-2 and were unlucky to only get a draw

would love to see them win it (we've got no chance so it's either them or arsenal for me) there were doubts over them going into this run of games but they've won 2 of them and it wouldn't surprise me if they got something next week looking at how we play at home and them being great on the counter

Offline generic_name

• Kopite
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2015, 11:14:53 pm »
They aren't going to win it, they could conceivably get top 4 but I can't see it, once the January window opens heads will be getting turned, an injury or two is almost inevitable and it's easier to play with no pressure or expectation. I can see them crumbling second half of the season.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2015, 11:23:17 pm »
Can't see any heads being turned in January for any Leicester player. Players dream of being in a dressing room like that - fuck the money - this is once in a lifetime stuff for everyone on board. I know money ruins peoples heads but I have a bit more faith in humanity. Don't think anyone is going anywhere at Leicester. Not till the summer - then they can maybe re-evaluate. Surely to god they all want to see this through together. Please GOD give me that.

Crumbling? That's what many of us thought some weeks back isn't it? No signs of it yet.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2015, 11:24:20 pm »
How bad was Vardy's injury? Hamstring injury going in to Christmas schedule must be a bit worrying.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2015, 11:31:28 pm »
How bad was Vardy's injury? Hamstring injury going in to Christmas schedule must be a bit worrying.

Have to say I raised my eyebrow in a spitting image/roger moore type way. Let's hope it's a week off or something. Would be awful if Vardy was out and we beat them and Liverpool got lucky etc etc... awful.

Offline generic_name

• Kopite
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2015, 11:40:57 pm »
Can't see any heads being turned in January for any Leicester player. Players dream of being in a dressing room like that - fuck the money - this is once in a lifetime stuff for everyone on board. I know money ruins peoples heads but I have a bit more faith in humanity. Don't think anyone is going anywhere at Leicester. Not till the summer - then they can maybe re-evaluate. Surely to god they all want to see this through together. Please GOD give me that.

Crumbling? That's what many of us thought some weeks back isn't it? No signs of it yet.

Don't get me wrong I can't see the club allowing anyone to leave in January for any price but inquiries will be made, agents contacted, headlines in the papers, plans made for the summer window. Take Vardy for example, he's what 28? Played a lot of non-league, he can't be an especially wealthy man. If he gets offered a big final payday he can either take it and set him and his family up for life or stay and have an outside chance of maybe qualifying for champions league. Even he picks the latter it's still the type of decision that weighs heavy on the mind.

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2015, 11:50:28 pm »
Don't get me wrong I can't see the club allowing anyone to leave in January for any price but inquiries will be made, agents contacted, headlines in the papers, plans made for the summer window. Take Vardy for example, he's what 28? Played a lot of non-league, he can't be an especially wealthy man. If he gets offered a big final payday he can either take it and set him and his family up for life or stay and have an outside chance of maybe qualifying for champions league. Even he picks the latter it's still the type of decision that weighs heavy on the mind.
If he can get a big move in January he can get one in the summer.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2015, 11:51:04 pm »

Am sure it would. But he's not on £250.00 a week is he? I haven't a clue what he's on. But it doesn't matter, he won't go anywhere. This is bigger than money - there's a dressing room to consider, and he won't go anywhere till the summer - if then. Maybe he'll listen to offers come the end of the season, but you'd never get me to leave that dressing room for all the money in the world. Not this season.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 11:53:35 pm by Filler. »

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2015, 11:52:05 pm »

Mahrez is the one to get IMO. That touch, speed and skill won't just disappear even if goals do. He's probably got the best touch of any player outside the usual suspects that make up some of the best players in the league. He tore Moreno apart too when we played last although the end product wasn't quite there yet.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2015, 12:00:26 am »
One of the factors in the league being tougher all round is the recently negotiated TV deals. All the 'smaller' clubs can now realistically afford to turn down megabucks offers from the oil/hype clubs. Eg the bluenose rejection of big money for stones.

Vardy and the gang are going nowhere - not that they'd want to as has already been said.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2015, 12:27:47 am »
Vardy would fall apart as soon as he went to a top club. Massive pressure to perform straight away, having teams still fancy themselves against you is a big deal, go to a big side and the bus gets parked... Let's see what you have to offer. It's Lallana, Fellaini, Young, Benteke etc. all over again.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:29:25 am by Bunter »

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2015, 12:29:13 am »
The thought of Leicester winning the title is absolutely beyond ridicilous. I'm shaking my head as i post this. No chance. Not going to happen at all. I can't even see them putting up a fight for it when it matters after March.

City and Arsenal are filled with quality from back to front, and in the end City should click into gear and take control. Whether that's January, February, March or April. When fit, that front four of theirs will be very fearsome.

Fair play to Ranieri, he's set them up very well defensively, then with that both Vardy and Mahrez have been incredible for him. I don't think i'm over-exagarrating when i say they've been at a level which could match the finest attackers that Barca, Bayern or Real possess. For the last 6 months that's the sort of level they have been operating in. Kante has been very good. Albrighton has been contributing his bit too. The rest are decent enough i guess. They're PL footballers.

It's all Vardy and Mahrez though. They're carrying this team with their elite performances and i find it hard to believe they can keep this up. Once they drop off a bit, Leicester should fall. Though to be fair the gap they have opened up on ourselves, Spurs and United does mean that fall will likely mean they'll be in a battle for 4th.

Next 4-6 weeks will be interesting. There are quite a few games in where they should start dropping points, and as the season goes on, i can see them slipping up in the more easier games too.

Offline The Real Rasta

• Leave Ronaldo alone!!!!!
  • Kopite
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2015, 12:31:00 am »
Have to say I raised my eyebrow in a spitting image/roger moore type way. Let's hope it's a week off or something. Would be awful if Vardy was out and we beat them and Liverpool got lucky etc etc... awful.
Why would that be awful?? If he's out and that makes it easier for us then happy days.

Personally I don't think they will make Top 4 but they could definitely qualify for the Europa.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2015, 12:31:40 am »
The thought of Leicester winning the title is absolutely beyond ridicilous. I'm shaking my head as i post this. No chance. Not going to happen at all. I can't even see them putting up a fight for it when it matters after March.

City and Arsenal are filled with quality from back to front, and in the end City should click into gear and take control. Whether that's January, February, March or April. When fit, that front four of theirs will be very fearsome.

Fair play to Ranieri, he's set them up very well defensively, then with that both Vardy and Mahrez have been incredible for him. I don't think i'm over-exagarrating when i say they've been at a level which could match the finest attackers that Barca, Bayern or Real possess. For the last 6 months that's the sort of level they have been operating in. Kante has been very good. Albrighton has been contributing his bit too. The rest are decent enough i guess. They're PL footballers.

It's all Vardy and Mahrez though. They're carrying this team with their elite performances and i find it hard to believe they can keep this up. Once they drop off a bit, Leicester should fall. Though to be fair the gap they have opened up on ourselves, Spurs and United does mean that fall will likely mean they'll be in a battle for 4th.

Next 4-6 weeks will be interesting. There are quite a few games in where they should start dropping points, and as the season goes on, i can see them slipping up in the more easier games too.

This is not true, they've conceded more goals than over half the league. They've been outscoring opponents, they're the leading scorers in the league

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2015, 12:48:15 am »
This is not true, they've conceded more goals than over half the league. They've been outscoring opponents, they're the leading scorers in the league

I guess the stats do reveal that but looking past that, from what i've seen of them, he has set them up very well with two banks of four and that has giiven them a good base for their attackers to work to their strenghs and be as lethal as they are in attack.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2015, 12:52:37 am »
I guess the stats do reveal that but looking past that, from what i've seen of them, he has set them up very well with two banks of four and that has giiven them a good base for their attackers to work to their strenghs and be as lethal as they are in attack.

I think they set up to counter attack, they're just not very good at defending  ;D They're absolutely lethal on the break, and they don't stop once they get a lead. They pile forward looking for more. 61 goals altogether in their 17 games, fair to say fans of Leicester are getting entertained week in week out

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2015, 12:55:36 am »
Getting to a stage where it'll need to be one hell of a collapse to miss out on top 4, I can't see it.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2015, 12:57:22 am »

Nope.

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Yerolo

• Kopite
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2015, 12:58:01 am »
I think they set up to counter attack, they're just not very good at defending  ;D They're absolutely lethal on the break, and they don't stop once they get a lead. They pile forward looking for more. 61 goals altogether in their 17 games, fair to say fans of Leicester are getting entertained week in week out

Reminiscent of our 13/14 season....and they find themselves in the same position on the ladder at xmas as we did that season. Scarily familiar

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2015, 01:03:35 am »
Reminiscent of our 13/14 season....and they find themselves in the same position on the ladder at xmas as we did that season. Scarily familiar

I can't see them going as close as we did to winning it but I certainly wouldn't be backing against them for top 4. It's well over half a season of this kind form, it's gone beyond a purple patch

Offline The Real Rasta

• Leave Ronaldo alone!!!!!
  • Kopite
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2015, 01:04:04 am »
Getting to a stage where it'll need to be one hell of a collapse to miss out on top 4, I can't see it.
I've heard/seen a few people say this and I just don't see the massive gap. Could quite conceivably be down to 3 points by the end of the month with half the season still to go.