Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 663778 times)

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
When we won the league, when we were struggling and brought him on, we scored. Happened against Leicester and Villa. He also started that famous Dortmund comeback and took that crazy 5-5 draw with Arsenal to penalties.
Sheffield United too.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Is right. Without even thinking too much; Everton at anfield, champions league final and today. That’ll do and there are prob others.

There's also the small matter of a brace against a certain Barcelona too. Not last minute certainly, but arguably two of the most critical goals he has ever scored for us (yesterday being another).
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
There's something about the lad that's extremely likeable. So laid back and professional. Doesn't complain and throw toys out of pram like a Ronaldo when not playing and get's the goals when required. I think it's time he's given a proper run of games in the side in place of Sadio to be honest and let's see how he goes.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
5 derby goals.
5 late winners or equalisers.
2 against Dortmund in that classic tie in 2016.
2 against Barcelona including one of the most famous goals in our recent history.

Not to mention ridiculous goals against Preston, Southampton and Bournemouth.

His record for delivering in key moments is ridiculous, and he always seems to come out of obscurity to do it.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
5 derby goals.
2 against Barcelona including one of the most famous goals in our recent history.

His record for delivering in key moments is ridiculous, and he always seems to come out of obscurity to do it.

Klopp was right about him. We've had a lot of fun with him.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
gotta love the lad, he's never getting a long run as a starter when all our forward line is available, you never hear anything negative about the lad and receives nothing but praise from teammates and klopp and fuck me, does he come up with important goals, let's be frank the dude has been priceless by playing a bit part in the team but his goals have been anything but bit part

take a bow divock, your cult hero status will forever be in tact, feel free to keep adding to it  :wellin

I think the best thing about him is that, even though he's fully aware he's a bit part player, he also knows how valuable  - nay, critical - that part is. He's not just here to make up the numbers; his role is crucial, and I think that is the source of his commitment and energy when he does play.

He's a player who revels in his cult hero status. I'm reminded of Klopp's words to Coutinho: "anywhere else you will just be another player. Stay here and they will build statues of you."

Divock truly took these words to heart.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
Klopp was right about him. We've had a lot of fun with him.

I’m sure Divock loves it too. Always looks genuinely made up when he comes up with a massive contribution (either made up or completely cool and nonchalant)

Offline BBS

• Main Stander
  • Big Black Sock
5 derby goals.

Putting Spurs hopes away in the champions league final was also kind of important. Not that they were really close to getting anything at that point but probably saved us from defending some desperate last minute pressure. God I love this man https://youtu.be/7mWBaFBb5Ls?t=778

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
There was one against Newcastle as well in the 18/19 season I think.

Injury Time Bicycle Kick against Arsenal in the Cup. We went on to win the game by penalties.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Putting Spurs hopes away in the champions league final was also kind of important. Not that they were really close to getting anything at that point but probably saved us from defending some desperate last minute pressure. God I love this man

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/7mWBaFBb5Ls" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/7mWBaFBb5Ls</a>

When Divock got that ball in the final I knew it was going in before it even left his boot. I was hit by a sudden wave of euphoria and was already smiling a two full seconds before the goal. ;D
« Last Edit: December 5, 2021, 12:15:32 pm by Red Berry »

Popcorn's Art

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Injury Time Bicycle Kick against Arsenal in the Cup. We went on to win the game by penalties.

That's another one yeah, there's actually been too many to think of all of them right away  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
When we won the league, when we were struggling and brought him on, we scored. Happened against Leicester and Villa. He also started that famous Dortmund comeback

He scored in the away leg too.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Anything but a tap in. He made it look easy but hitting a ball on the bounce like that without it going straight over the bar is incredibly difficult. That cross from Trent was driven and bouncing
Fair comment. But my point still stands about it being the sort of special goal he is known for .
Absolute opposite of flat track bully. Does he ever score irrelevant goals?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
Fair comment. But my point still stands about it being the sort of special goal he is known for .
Absolute opposite of flat track bully. Does he ever score irrelevant goals?

100% he scores plenty of special goals, I agree completely on that

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
There's something about the lad that's extremely likeable. So laid back and professional. Doesn't complain and throw toys out of pram like a Ronaldo when not playing and get's the goals when required. I think it's time he's given a proper run of games in the side in place of Sadio to be honest and let's see how he goes.

Err.no. Sadio all the way. Origi will get plenty of chance soon enough
« Last Edit: December 5, 2021, 01:12:51 pm by whtwht »
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
Sadio might not be putting up Salah numbers (doesn't take penalties for one thing, and doesn't have a decent song, which he more than deserves) but there's no one with a better work rate for the team (apart from Firmino, who scores even fewer goals), and Sadio's been one of our best players this season. So lay off him.

Divock is a wonderful player and probably the best substitute in the Universe, but he's not in the same league as Sadio when it comes to the long-term, vital make-up of this Liverpool team.

Get off Sadio's back. Please. Stop taking this magnificent player and human being for granted.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Divock will be getting some starts this month and then in January as well.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Does he even know who we're playing today.

Legend. How long before his testimonial?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
As chilled as something chilled,there's supersubs and then there's big Divock.  ;D

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
Just rename the thread: Divock Origi: Black Jesus. Job done:
https://twitter.com/the15incher/status/1467181814464790531

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Sadio might not be putting up Salah numbers (doesn't take penalties for one thing, and doesn't have a decent song, which he more than deserves) but there's no one with a better work rate for the team (apart from Firmino, who scores even fewer goals), and Sadio's been one of our best players this season. So lay off him.

Divock is a wonderful player and probably the best substitute in the Universe, but he's not in the same league as Sadio when it comes to the long-term, vital make-up of this Liverpool team.

Get off Sadio's back. Please. Stop taking this magnificent player and human being for granted.

Agree with all of this, mate but don't bite in response to comparing one over the other. Proper gobshites who do that and you're not. The beauty of this team is that Divock and Sadio know to win the league and CL, we are going to need every single one of them in many permutations. If someone doesn't understand Sadio's value to this team they aren't reds. End of...
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Agree with all of this, mate but don't bite in response to comparing one over the other. Proper gobshites who do that and you're not. The beauty of this team is that Divock and Sadio know to win the league and CL, we are going to need every single one of them in many permutations. If someone doesn't understand Sadio's value to this team they aren't reds. End of...

Is the right answer.

;D

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
Unfortunately our legend is not likely to get a contract extension.
i hope he wins another major trophy before he leaves. Another CL final goal in the 90+5minutes will do nicely.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Just rename the thread: Divock Origi: Black Jesus. Job done:
https://twitter.com/the15incher/status/1467181814464790531
It's great having our own Annointed One on the payroll. Our own personnel Jesus...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Is right :thumbup
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Keep forgetting he’s only 26 because he’s been around so long. The chilled personality probably explains why he’s so good at producing the goods in the most intense situations.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
I think he'll be remembered simply as the man who put a smile on the face of all who he met.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
Who said this?
Good question..

He admits he's the polar opposite of Div.
So a player who is not laidback, always early, a bit serious, interacts with everyone a lot, a very direct and predictable style etc.
I'm thinking Robbo..

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
It's from Milner's 'Ask a Footballer' book. Not exactly the most substantial literary tome ever, but has lots of amusing snippets like that.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
Gotta admire how robust his confidence is. He hasn't played much, but still scores a pretty tricky clutch goal again.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
The statue should go right in the middle of Stanley Park, casting a shadow over the cross bar at goodison
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline abetts

• Anny Roader
Type of player that you can tell almost immediately how well he will play for the remainder of the game. Either he looks sharp in mind, quick, neat in possession, and threatening, or he looks disorientated, 1 or 2 seconds too slow in decision making, cumbersome, and ineffectual.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan

Popcorn's Art

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
I think he'll be remembered simply as the man who put a smile on the face of all who he met.

I think people will remember him as just another pair of tits...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Darkness

• Tedious WUM, loves betting on Man U
  • Main Stander
Origi 95th minute winner in December against a team coached by a Portuguese manager the last time that happened we won the European cup that season.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hope someone turns this thread title into a banner.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly