Author Topic: Luis Díaz (Luis Fernando Díaz Marulanda)  (Read 420200 times)

Online royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome Luis Diaz!
« Reply #1841 on: May 17, 2022, 07:56:18 am »

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1842 on: May 17, 2022, 08:02:51 am »
I've been thinking this - Luis himself is already amazing, but it feels like the other players aren't quite used to him yet, not quite anticipating what his next move will be in the pitch coming in from the left. A pre-season with him to tune into his wavelength and... wow.
And Luis also needs to tune into their wavelengths better. He had a stormer of a Final, getting lots of shots away, but I'm sure on a few of those he had team-mates in better positions. The one where Trent puts him away with the outside of his foot - Diaz could put the ball on a plate for Mo, but chooses the harder shot.
The more he plays and trains with the others - and, as you say, pre-season is going to be important, because I don't imagine there's been much time for anything bar playing, recovery, and then prep for the next game ever since he arrived - the better he and the other attackers will work in together.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1843 on: May 17, 2022, 08:07:13 am »
99% percentile for passing as a Forward is very impressive

He is incredibly protective of the ball considering how direct he is, has pretty much mastered the art of knowing when to get at his man and when to keep the play ticking along.

Just need to see more of an end product, which will no doubt come soon, and this attack will get even better.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1844 on: May 17, 2022, 08:11:00 am »
He is incredibly protective of the ball considering how direct he is, has pretty much mastered the art of knowing when to get at his man and when to keep the play ticking along.

Just need to see more of an end product, which will no doubt come soon, and this attack will get even better.
Yea it super impressive. With all of his ability it even stands out with it. I would expect more End Product soon, that will come, He getting into the spots for it.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1845 on: May 17, 2022, 08:24:25 am »
He has 10 goals and assists in the League and Champions League from about 13 games worth of minutes. Not sure he needs to show more end product to be honest

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1846 on: May 17, 2022, 08:34:05 am »
He has 10 goals and assists in the League and Champions League from about 13 games worth of minutes. Not sure he needs to show more end product to be honest

Yeah maybe his end product is fine, dunno just feel that the amount of quality positions he is getting himself into, he could really explode in a goalscoring sense.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1847 on: May 17, 2022, 05:38:29 pm »
Yeah maybe his end product is fine, dunno just feel that the amount of quality positions he is getting himself into, he could really explode in a goalscoring sense.
That's one way in exploding in goalscoring sense, the other would be when others pass to him. There have been a number of instances where he's been in a better position than a shooting teammate. But that will come after his first preseason.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1848 on: May 17, 2022, 05:53:25 pm »

He can improve on the end product though, he is putting shots wide that he is more than capable of getting on target. Suarez was never happy settling with what he did and Luis looks the same.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #1849 on: May 17, 2022, 06:02:32 pm »
He can improve on the end product though, he is putting shots wide that he is more than capable of getting on target. Suarez was never happy settling with what he did and Luis looks the same.

Its a bit of a funny one, he is creating so many chances for himself that hed have insane numbers if he put them all away, the final alone he dragged about 4 or 5 juuuuust wide, so for sure he could improve that aspect a but im still pretty happy hes making the chances in the first place. If he is able to keep doing that at some point he will hit a purple patch where everything he hits goes in, and that is going to be a lot of fun for everyone.   ;D
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1850 on: May 17, 2022, 07:18:18 pm »
Its a bit of a funny one, he is creating so many chances for himself that hed have insane numbers if he put them all away, the final alone he dragged about 4 or 5 juuuuust wide, so for sure he could improve that aspect a but im still pretty happy hes making the chances in the first place. If he is able to keep doing that at some point he will hit a purple patch where everything he hits goes in, and that is going to be a lot of fun for everyone.   ;D

Yeah, like I've said previously I feel he is trying too hard to put the ball away from the keeper. When they start to fly in, we are in for some special, goal of the month, goals ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1851 on: May 17, 2022, 07:31:50 pm »
Yeah, like I've said previously I feel he is trying too hard to put the ball away from the keeper. When they start to fly in, we are in for some special, goal of the month, goals ;D

Yeah someone needs to tell him all the GKs aren’t as good as the one he has shots against in training

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1852 on: May 17, 2022, 07:36:03 pm »
Yeah someone needs to tell him all the GKs aren’t as good as the one he has shots against in training

I did think that Ali and Kelleher skew it a lot for our strikers ;D

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1853 on: May 17, 2022, 09:08:21 pm »
bring him on please

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1854 on: May 17, 2022, 09:14:48 pm »
bring him on please

No need now😂

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1855 on: May 17, 2022, 10:35:09 pm »
awesome - full game rest.

Next stop = Wolves, then Madrid.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1856 on: May 18, 2022, 02:05:21 pm »
Anonymous last night. He's clearly going off the boil.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1857 on: May 18, 2022, 02:10:00 pm »
He can improve in a anyone can improve kind of way, but he's already getting goals and assists at a high level and it isn't any real concern

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1858 on: May 18, 2022, 03:26:07 pm »
Anonymous last night. He's clearly going off the boil.

Struggling to get into the our reserve squad. Head is gone. Must be dropped against Madrid.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1859 on: May 18, 2022, 03:45:51 pm »
He can improve in a anyone can improve kind of way, but he's already getting goals and assists at a high level and it isn't any real concern

The question is whether he'll turn into a production monster and catapult himself into the very upper echelons of world attacking players. Or will he just be the outstanding player he is at the moment. Either is good with me but it'd certainly take the pressure of Salah's contract situation if he was going to become a production monster.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1860 on: May 18, 2022, 03:56:23 pm »
The parallels with Suarez are obvious, a combative South American signing for us in January and making an instant impact. This isn't revisionism here, but I think many would say that we felt at the time that Suarez had more to find in front of goal and eventually he did that. Diaz gets into so many good positions for us and I think with a touch more composure and little bit of finishing work we could be looking at 25 goals plus a season from him, I honestly believe that.

He's one of those players who just gets you off your feet as soon as he is near the ball. He makes thinks happen, he rarely goes backwards, he wants to run the full back, he wants to attack, he never stops. He's been amazing and there is so much more to come from him.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1861 on: May 19, 2022, 05:19:25 am »
Struggling to get into the our reserve squad. Head is gone. Must be dropped against Madrid.
Yep. If he can't find place in a squad with so many injuries and being behind the reserves... He's probably thinking he should have gone to Spurs for CL games next season...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #1862 on: May 19, 2022, 05:27:30 am »

I noticed that from his first game, it sticks out. Also his passing struck me. He makes difficult passes look easy. Not long ones but the short on floor ones, 1 2s rtc
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1863 on: May 19, 2022, 07:51:16 am »

Not a concern, more that, similar to Suarez, when he gets his eye in, he's going to score shed loads for us. He's got the ability to get 30 a season, he's that good.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1864 on: May 22, 2022, 06:45:54 pm »
How many times have teammates or opponents blocked his shots since he came to us?  :D

He could and should've had at least 5 more goals with us. Hopeful those shot's go in next week.

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1865 on: May 22, 2022, 06:47:11 pm »
Phenomenal player but, I don't think that cut inside, get pushed away from goal and shoot from outside the box is as good of a weapon as he thinks it is.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1866 on: May 22, 2022, 06:48:38 pm »
Oh i think it is mate. it's just lady luck is not on his side it seems.

Kloppo will be a fool to ask him to cut that out.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1867 on: May 22, 2022, 06:55:13 pm »
Oh i think it is mate. it's just lady luck is not on his side it seems.

Kloppo will be a fool to ask him to cut that out.

It’s not Lady Luck if he keeps shooting the ball into the opposing defenders. ;D

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1869 on: May 27, 2022, 12:40:20 pm »
He'll have a great final. Carvajal is a fine player but he has a weakness which Diaz will exploit. He likes to get tight on his man too early. If Madrid play with a back five that would be ok, but they tend not to. I can see Diaz causing chaos if Carvajal plays his normal game because he'll be taken out high up the pitch and the Madrid centre backs will have to cover more ground than they like.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1870 on: May 27, 2022, 03:13:52 pm »
cant believe we have fans who can't even write Colambiya
 :P

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1871 on: May 27, 2022, 04:01:13 pm »

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1872 on: May 27, 2022, 04:30:39 pm »
cant believe we have fans who can't even write Colambiya
 :P

That fucking sucks to be honest. If that flag gets shown on TV it'll get a lot of bad press press here in Colombia.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #1873 on: May 27, 2022, 05:22:00 pm »
That fucking sucks to be honest. If that flag gets shown on TV it'll get a lot of bad press press here in Colombia.

yeah from my time travelling around Colombia most of them are pretty appalled and embarrassed by the shadow the drug and its pushers have cast over the country.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1874 on: May 27, 2022, 06:10:14 pm »

Fortunately it seems to be referring to Columbia (in Canada I think) and not Colombia.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1875 on: May 27, 2022, 06:33:51 pm »
well it shouldn't.  jesus, don't people have better things to worry about?

or a sense of humour?
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1876 on: May 27, 2022, 06:36:23 pm »
Colombia produced the best writer ever in G G Marquez so fuck the haters

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1877 on: May 27, 2022, 06:57:33 pm »
Our new hero is on the edge of something magnificent

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1878 on: May 27, 2022, 08:32:10 pm »
And Luis also needs to tune into their wavelengths better. He had a stormer of a Final, getting lots of shots away, but I'm sure on a few of those he had team-mates in better positions. The one where Trent puts him away with the outside of his foot - Diaz could put the ball on a plate for Mo, but chooses the harder shot.
The more he plays and trains with the others - and, as you say, pre-season is going to be important, because I don't imagine there's been much time for anything bar playing, recovery, and then prep for the next game ever since he arrived - the better he and the other attackers will work in together.

I echo these sentiments.
Absolutely love the guy, but he too often tries to go for the the spectacular, rather than the simple option, to the detriment of the team.
Ok, a lot of these chances he creates himself, out of nothing, but the degree of difficulty he then finds himself in, in putting the ball in the net, is just too big...
Has to be less selfish, specially in big games where chances are often hard to come by.
By all means go for the spectacular once we are a few goals up.. :D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 08:33:41 pm by Paul_h »

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1879 on: May 27, 2022, 08:34:41 pm »
I echo these sentiments.
Absolutely love the guy, but he too often tries to go for the the spectacular, rather than the simple option, to the detriment of the team.
Ok, a lot of these chances he creates himself, out of nothing, but the degree of difficulty in putting the ball in the net, is just too big...
Has to be less selfish, specially in big games where chances are often hard to come by.
By all means go for the spectacular once we are a few goals up.. :D
bollocks.  he makes space, and tries a shot from the edge of the box?  and that's bad? 

and how many times does he move the ball on to a well-placed teammate, when in a position to take the FB on 1 vs 1?

gimme a break.