The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

Liverpool fan prosecuted for racist abuse of Everton player

<< < (14/14)

flyingcod:

--- Quote from: Sangria on January 27, 2022, 10:52:33 pm ---It should also be noted that he was 20 when we signed John Barnes.

--- End quote ---

Didn't stop the racists, even from certain ex-LFC players.

fc

Pie Eyed:

--- Quote from: storkfoot on January 27, 2022, 08:42:16 am ---Alternatively, he should have been made to undergo community service at a refugee charity in the city.
--- End quote ---

Why not both?

The knuckle-dragging fucktard.

RyanBabel19:

--- Quote from: El Lobo on January 28, 2022, 07:44:35 am ---I guess a three year ban encourages people to learn and change their ways whereas a life ban doesn’t really. Like if you’re a massive Liverpool fan and got banned for life for shouting racism at a player, you’re unlikely to suddenly change in day to day life. If you’ve got the prospect of going again in three years you’re more likely to….maybe?

--- End quote ---

Nope

There’s more than enough info out there, fuck rewarding someone for learning not to be a disgusting c*nt… when they should already fucking know. Maybe i’m particularly harsh having been on the end of it for years but no, couldn’t agree less. He’s 54, he could be 20… it’s blatantly obvious why hurling abuse like that at someone is wrong and if you do not know… the resources are out there, have been for a long time too and there isn’t a limitation on being able to view it.

I’d be gutted to go to watch us and learn I was sat next to someone who only got a 3 year ban to encourage him to learn (zero way of proving he has might I add, plentyyyy hold racist views and hide them when necessary) and is being rewarded by being able to return off the back of it. Play stupid games… win stupid fucking prizes.

Ironically it’s one of the easiest things EVER not to shout racist shit at anyone. Miraculously plenty of people manage it for years and years and years.

Mister Flip Flop:
If he was 16 i'd probably just ban him from the stadium for a couple of years but a 54 year old, what a massive idiot. Life ban it's 2022 ffs

Pie Eyed:

--- Quote from: Mister men on January 29, 2022, 10:31:38 am ---If he was 16 i'd probably just ban him from the stadium for a couple of years but a 54 year old, what a massive idiot. Life ban it's 2022 ffs

--- End quote ---

I know what you mean - He probably won't change at his age, but bans need to be universally applied IMO.

For me, 3-5 year ban for a first offense plus loss of Season Ticket if owned - Get to the back of the queue.
Then a lifetime ban if repeated (or if anything is physically thrown, etc).

But alongside it, there MUST be an element of education.

If you get caught speeding, you get a speed-awareness course (if it wasn't too bad).

If you get caught hurling racist/sexist/whatever abuse, there should be an appropriate awareness course that you need to attend (and not just for 3 hours - More like once a week for 6-12 months)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version