Author Topic: PRE GAME REVIEW - EVERTON V LIVERPOOL - WED, 1 DEC 2021 - KO 8.15pm  (Read 21734 times)

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PRE GAME REVIEW - EVERTON V LIVERPOOL - WED, 1 DEC 2021 - KO 8.15pm
« Reply #160 on: December 1, 2021, 09:09:18 am »
Let's fucking demolish this shithouse of a club.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #161 on: December 1, 2021, 09:22:08 am »
The vandalism they have done to our champions wall is all the motivation needed. They have just done a  Arteta. Don't poke the lion you will not like us when we are angry. Its on like Donkey Kong. 0-15. With us singing agent Rafa's name all throughout the game.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #162 on: December 1, 2021, 09:41:58 am »
I hope we put eight past them and Rafa gets the sack, they turn on the Big Sam symbol and even his magical abilities fail to keep them up.  Make no mistake, they aren’t safe this season.
I'd take a 1-0 win and all our players fit for Wolves on Saturday.  But eight would be nice.

Liverpool 6-0 up. Origi comes on at 89 minutes. Kicks Pickford’s head clean off his body. As “hard man” Richarlison comes to have a word, Origi picks him up above his head and then snaps him in two over his knee. He sings You’ll Never Walk Alone at the top of his voice as he walks down the tunnel following a well earned red. His move to Newcastle for £224m is announced straight after the final whistle.
I'd take this too to be fair  :D
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: December 1, 2021, 09:46:35 am »
It's not how I want the game to go but it would be hilarious if Everton took the lead, and their fans started to sing Rafa's name to taunt us. Only for us to completely analyte them and sing Rafa's name back at them.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: December 1, 2021, 10:03:13 am »
Cant find the Lovren gif where he comes out of nowhere after Sadio's winner in 2016. Anyone help?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #165 on: December 1, 2021, 10:19:36 am »
Just noticed that there will be an option to just have the stadium audio with Amazon tonight if you want to get the full booing experience.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #166 on: December 1, 2021, 10:24:46 am »
It's not how I want the game to go but it would be hilarious if Everton took the lead, and their fans started to sing Rafa's name to taunt us. Only for us to completely analyte them and sing Rafa's name back at them.

No leads. For Everton. I hope we win 6-0 and have the game killed off by the 25th minute.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: December 1, 2021, 10:59:20 am »
Just noticed that there will be an option to just have the stadium audio with Amazon tonight if you want to get the full booing experience.

They have that at the Man City games too, its called the mute button.
Into these f**kers, been looking forward to this for a year now

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: December 1, 2021, 10:59:40 am »
8 of our last 9 league games at Goodison have been draws!
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: December 1, 2021, 11:04:04 am »
Lets go against the grain and fucking smash these to bits
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #170 on: December 1, 2021, 11:11:38 am »
Rafa wont send them out to do damage - that just isn't his way - but they will be intent on it anyway because they have very little else.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #171 on: December 1, 2021, 11:15:00 am »
The rumoured and usually correct starting 11 is our strongest in my opinion anyway.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: December 1, 2021, 11:35:57 am »
8 of our last 9 league games at Goodison have been draws!

We don't usually take our good form into the away games against these thugs. That's why I'm not as optimistic as some on here about tonight.

If we do turn up however, it's going to get ugly for them.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: December 1, 2021, 11:42:54 am »
For those up in Liverpool, what's the mood like with our blue brethren? There seems to be a lack of the frequent pre Derby bullishness from them.

That said, I hate pre match triumphalism from our fans too. Any win and no injuries will do me.

At least it's fallen as kindly as possible. We're off the back of 3 home games and an extra day's rest. They've just had 3 days since a trip to Brentford. If they'd have had a full week to prep, with Rafa, and we had had a midweek European game, that would have given them a big lift.

I'm expecting a european away type performance from them, so we need to be clinical if we do get a chance because he'll try and set them up very cautiously. Whether the crowd will buy that is another thing though.

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: December 1, 2021, 11:51:43 am »
3 points & no injuries will do just nicely

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #175 on: December 1, 2021, 11:52:47 am »
For those up in Liverpool, what's the mood like with our blue brethren? There seems to be a lack of the frequent pre Derby bullishness from them.

That said, I hate pre match triumphalism from our fans too. Any win and no injuries will do me.

At least it's fallen as kindly as possible. We're off the back of 3 home games and an extra day's rest. They've just had 3 days since a trip to Brentford. If they'd have had a full week to prep, with Rafa, and we had had a midweek European game, that would have given them a big lift.

I'm expecting a european away type performance from them, so we need to be clinical if we do get a chance because he'll try and set them up very cautiously. Whether the crowd will buy that is another thing though.

My wife thinks they are going to get absolutely smashed. I'm giving her and her mate a lift up there later on, but obviously not coming back.

They like Rafa and think he's doing a good job and blame the problems on the owners, previous managers and the poor players they have signed. They think with Rafa, if he is given time, then he can start to turn it around.

Even when you see the abuse Everton are getting, none of it seems to be directed at the players rather than the manager
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #176 on: December 1, 2021, 11:57:49 am »
Cant find the Lovren gif where he comes out of nowhere after Sadio's winner in 2016. Anyone help?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: December 1, 2021, 12:29:33 pm »
For those up in Liverpool, what's the mood like with our blue brethren?
They are crapping themselves eggo mate.

One predicts 3-1 to us, when I asked who'd score for them he said it will be an own goal.

Another said he wants it over and done with and anything less than 4-nil and he'll be ok.

Pensive, miserable, disheartened, completely fed up, sick of the players - - and that's just their manager who supports us :)

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #178 on: December 1, 2021, 12:29:55 pm »
Be interesting to see the team news tonight. Given the way Klopp has selected teams at this time of year and the way he has selected for derby games I think it’ll be a few changes. Not the team I’d pick but suspect it’ll be something like:

Alisson

TAA
Van Dijk
Matip
Robertson

Fabinho
Milner
AOC

Origi
Jota
Mane
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: December 1, 2021, 12:33:13 pm »
Be interesting to see the team news tonight. Given the way Klopp has selected teams at this time of year and the way he has selected for derby games I think it’ll be a few changes. Not the team I’d pick but suspect it’ll be something like:

Alisson

TAA
Van Dijk
Matip
Robertson

Fabinho
Milner
AOC

Origi
Jota
Mane

I think we will see some rotation as well, rightly so, but I doubt we go into this game with just 1 out of Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #180 on: December 1, 2021, 12:34:52 pm »
If there's rotation I'd much prefer it at Wolves. Just finish these off early and take a couple off as quick as you can.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #181 on: December 1, 2021, 12:35:43 pm »
I think we will see some rotation as well, rightly so, but I doubt we go into this game with just 1 out of Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago.

For me, it is full strength with Matip in for Konate.

Why risk losing or drawing this with a rotated side?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: December 1, 2021, 12:37:23 pm »
For me, it is full strength with Matip in for Konate.

Why risk losing or drawing this with a rotated side?

I don't agree we risk losing. We have a really good squad and bar the attacking area, some good depth to call on. Lets use it.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #183 on: December 1, 2021, 12:40:37 pm »
I don't agree we risk losing. We have a really good squad and bar the attacking area, some good depth to call on. Lets use it.

It is the first time in a while that we can field a really strong side at a place we rarely win. Plus we owe for last season.

Play a full side and look to rotate against Wolves.

A midfield of Henderson, Fab and Thiago (and Klopp changed them early at Saints) still allows Ox / Milly to come in on Saturday.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: December 1, 2021, 12:41:07 pm »
If there's rotation I'd much prefer it at Wolves. Just finish these off early and take a couple off as quick as you can.

Despite having significantly better teams we’ve won once in 9 games at Goodson. That was a last minute winner as well.

Might be different tonight but based of recent history it’s not a game we have the opportunity to take off 3 players early to give them a rest

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #185 on: December 1, 2021, 12:45:17 pm »
Hope we play the first team.

Get an early couple and sub a few off at half time.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: December 1, 2021, 12:45:54 pm »
It is the first time in a while that we can field a really strong side at a place we rarely win. Plus we owe for last season.

Play a full side and look to rotate against Wolves.

A midfield of Henderson, Fab and Thiago (and Klopp changed them early at Saints) still allows Ox / Milly to come in on Saturday.

It’s a difficult one. Arguably Wolves is the more difficult game despite our record at Goodison.

My team above was a it tongue in cheek though I’d expect us to rotate a bit more than most. I’d expect 2-3 changes tonight and then the same on Saturday. That feels more likely than 1 tonight and 4-5 on Saturday.

Just my opinion though.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #187 on: December 1, 2021, 12:51:01 pm »
It has to be Alisson, Trent, Matip, Virgil, Robbo, Fabinho, Hendo, Thiago, Mane, Salah, Jota. Konaté playing against Southampton was a pretty good indicator that Matip will be back for this one. The rest pick themselves really.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #188 on: December 1, 2021, 01:13:53 pm »
It’s a difficult one. Arguably Wolves is the more difficult game despite our record at Goodison.

My team above was a it tongue in cheek though I’d expect us to rotate a bit more than most. I’d expect 2-3 changes tonight and then the same on Saturday. That feels more likely than 1 tonight and 4-5 on Saturday.

Just my opinion though.

Would rotate 3 maximum on Saturday myself.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: December 1, 2021, 01:14:04 pm »
The fact we've got a game next week that means very little from a competitive perspective, you'd like to think we'd go very strong both today and Saturday.

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #190 on: December 1, 2021, 01:17:40 pm »
Hope Milner plays so that he and Robbo can extract some revenge for Virgil and Thiago. Let them concentrate on winning the game and our bolshie brothers will remind Richarlison what a coward he is. Short-arms picking the ball out of the net three or four times will be enough for that particular weasel.

Up the reds!  :scarf :scarf :scarf

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: December 1, 2021, 01:19:54 pm »
Just fucking annihilate them.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: December 1, 2021, 01:20:05 pm »
Would rotate 3 maximum on Saturday myself.

Personally I'd go for same again tonight except Matip for Konate. At a push I could argue that you rotate 1 of the midfield or attack.

I'd then look to do 2 or 3 changes on Saturday.

A lot might depend on how strong we go in Milan. That team could be much weaker than what we put out against Porto at home. If so that might dictate how many players go Sat-Wed-Sat this week.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #193 on: December 1, 2021, 01:23:48 pm »
Personally I'd go for same again tonight except Matip for Konate. At a push I could argue that you rotate 1 of the midfield or attack.

I'd then look to do 2 or 3 changes on Saturday.

A lot might depend on how strong we go in Milan. That team could be much weaker than what we put out against Porto at home. If so that might dictate how many players go Sat-Wed-Sat this week.

For me it has to be. It's the epitome of a dead rubber in between Wolves away and Villa at home, even if they are games we should be winning, not forgetting we have a game tonight and plenty more coming after that. Hoping it's just exclusively fringe players and youngsters for Milan. The likes of Milner, Keita, Gomez etc could all get games if fit though.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #195 on: December 1, 2021, 01:37:00 pm »
Well done Henry. Enjoyed that OP.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: December 1, 2021, 01:38:18 pm »
For me it has to be. It's the epitome of a dead rubber in between Wolves away and Villa at home, even if they are games we should be winning, not forgetting we have a game tonight and plenty more coming after that. Hoping it's just exclusively fringe players and youngsters for Milan. The likes of Milner, Keita, Gomez etc could all get games if fit though.

We've got 10 games in 31 days, starting today.

Milan and Leicester in League cup are 2 obvious games to rest the likes of Salah, Mane, VvD, TAA, Fabinho etc.. I do wonder what we do at Milan though.

Even not playing in those games 8 games in 31 days is still a lot. I'm not sure all our key players can and will start all 8. Therefore there'll need to be some rotation, particularly when it's Sat-Wed-Sat (or equivalent).

Maybe tonight is not the game to do it. Maybe it's to go much weaker versus Newcastle at home (Thursday 16th) before Spurs away (Sunday 19th). Maybe 5 or 6 changes in that game is where we need to be. Equally Leeds on 26th and Leicester on 28th will need some rotation -  only 55 hours between the 2 games (though slightly less for Leicester who play City at 3pm on 26th).

The alternative is that rather than making lots of changes in 1 or 2 league games we make 1-3 for most games. Particularly when the main lads are playing 3 games in a week. Never at absolute full strength but never far off it.

I suppose my overarching point is that we'll need to rotate quite a bit over the next month. Our best players probably won't start every league game in this period.Even though we'd all like them to. It wouldn't surprise me if that more extensive rotation started tonight. I view Everton away as the game I'd like to win above all others. For me they are our biggest rival by some distance and beating them on their patch is, in isolation of a single game, the best thing we can do in a season. I'm not advocating rotation as someone who views Everton as an insignificant rival. It's just weighted against the reality of the fixture list and thinking that tonight may be the start of more rotation.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: December 1, 2021, 01:46:49 pm »
We need to rotate and fairly heavily in some games even the league ones. No point having a squad if we are not prepared to do so.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #198 on: December 1, 2021, 01:48:11 pm »
The ideal result for me would be us humiliating them (again), and Rafa being completely blameless, and therefore safe, when the final whistle is blown.

For that to happen the following may need to happen:
1. They get a defender sent off early doors for trying to knock out Mo, but the flailing fists miss their target spectacularly with Mo's amazing head movement.
2. The ensuing free-kick by Trent is whipped in from 40 yards into the bottom corner in a homage to Gary Mac.
3. Pickford goes apeshit (again) and picks a fight with Richarlison for failing to guard the post area - both get sent off with black eyes and ripped shirts.
4. A Mo hat-trick before half-time with Calvert-Lewin in goal.
5. Second half is a dead rubber, so we bring on the kids and toy with the Ev for 45 mins. Ev fans can't exit due to turnstile malfunction  ;D

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: December 1, 2021, 01:50:03 pm »
I have nightmares about Thiago facing Ali to take a pass and seeing one of those red-mist twats coming at him from the back with studs knee-height.