The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

Are you enjoying it?

<< < (2/341) > >>

CraigDS:

--- Quote from: Fitzy. on November  5, 2016, 09:00:26 am ---When asked about his playing career, Jamie Carragher said he wished he'd enjoyed himself more. While that's a solidly good sentiment, it's actually a bit disingenuous. If you're playing to your physical maximum, preparing all week to sustain good form, going into high stakes games and weighing your happiness against weekly outcomes I'm not sure you can "enjoy" it. Yes you can enjoy the trappings of life as a highly paid famous footballer, but striving to succeed isn't fun and I'm not sure it's supposed to be.

--- End quote ---

I personally don't think that's true at all. I think it's very much possible to strive for success, and to put in all the work which that may take, and still enjoy it.

Fitzy.:

--- Quote from: CraigDS on November  5, 2016, 09:46:53 am ---I personally don't think that's true at all. I think it's very much possible to strive for success, and to put in all the work which that may take, and still enjoy it.

--- End quote ---
Do you think elite driven sports people enjoy it in the main? Carragher's personality type would suggest had he enjoyed himself he wouldn't have had the equivalent success.

scouse neapolitan:
Reckon he might have enjoyed it a bit less though  if he'd spent his career with Scunthorpe or Forfar  Athletic   ;)

LFCEmpire:
Enjoying it!  ;)

Caffeine:
The stress and worry is part of it. Joy doesn't exist without despair. Fretting about holding a 2-1 lead at home to West Brom and doing it...that is happiness. I can't wait to watch us every week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version