Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1760061 times)

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
Re: Let's Improve the Atmosphere at Anfield (split from Fortress Anfield)
« Reply #8160 on: May 24, 2017, 10:45:26 am »
I meant in response to the shenanigans when the 'magnificent 7' revealed themselves but yes, get your point

Yeah, know what you meant mate.  Of course if it all kicks off and you start Those Were The Days, etc. people will join in.  Doesn't really happen much though so on the whole it's best sung in the pub.

It's the double edged sword I referred to in an earlier post.  People want the atmosphere to be how it used to be, the Kop was raw and aggressive because that was the environment at the time.  Of course, none of us want those days back but with that comes acceptance that the Kop will never be full of raw aggression like it used to be.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8161 on: May 24, 2017, 11:02:30 am »
On the point of players songs, is there ever a good time, to recycle an old tune or song for a current player.

I mean, a good tune is a good tune, and should be reused further down the line, where appropriate.

Is five years enough time passed to recycle a player chant for a different player?  Ten years?  Fifteen or twenty years?

Or in some people's eye's maybe they never should be recycled, as they're unique to an individual player.

As one example, the Maxi Rodriguez tune would be ideal for Bobby Firmino. 

It's approx. five years since Maxi left, and to be fair, it was quite a unique song just for Rodriguez, but such a quality chant would be a shame to disappear into obscurity.

That's just one example, but there could be many more.

Don't get me wrong, some tunes just don't stand up, depending on the rhyming capabilities of certain players names.  You can't shoehorn a three syllable name into a two syllable ditty etc.  and shouldn't even try.

Further to that, some of the longer winded, epic chants, like the Suarez or Torres songs are pretty much unique and would be very difficult to nearly impossible to retask to another players name.

We all know the atmosphere is dying, season on season, so anything that can liven up proceedings, surely can't be a bad thing.

Thoughts?

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8162 on: May 24, 2017, 11:58:10 am »

We all know the atmosphere is dying, season on season, so anything that can liven up proceedings, surely can't be a bad thing.

Thoughts?

Making songs wont make any difference.  The people in the ground aren't passionate.

The reasons given for the lack of passion on the thread include wools who don't understand the culture, Scousers who spend all match moaning because they've seen it all before, Scousers who no longer feel connected, too many tourists (differentiating from wool), too many corporates, the Club pandering to the new LFC Global FAM completely manufactured support, accessibility and prices of tickets with Scouse kids pressing their noses against the window and people can't get tickets in groups.

The thread has been a four year argument as to which of the above is to blame.  I think all of the above are equally true and they're all killing the atmosphere in equal balance.

I'm not sure if it's ever going to be fixed, I think we'd need a much, much bigger ground to easily solve all of the above.  Something good might come out of the new forums headed by Tony Barrett but only if FSG reps can be arsed to turn up from now on.  I'll wait and see.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 12:00:22 pm by stephen075 »

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #8163 on: May 24, 2017, 05:03:40 pm »
On the point of players songs, is there ever a good time, to recycle an old tune or song for a current player.

I mean, a good tune is a good tune, and should be reused further down the line, where appropriate.

Is five years enough time passed to recycle a player chant for a different player?  Ten years?  Fifteen or twenty years?

Or in some people's eye's maybe they never should be recycled, as they're unique to an individual player.

As one example, the Maxi Rodriguez tune would be ideal for Bobby Firmino. 

It's approx. five years since Maxi left, and to be fair, it was quite a unique song just for Rodriguez, but such a quality chant would be a shame to disappear into obscurity.

That's just one example, but there could be many more.

Don't get me wrong, some tunes just don't stand up, depending on the rhyming capabilities of certain players names.  You can't shoehorn a three syllable name into a two syllable ditty etc.  and shouldn't even try.

Further to that, some of the longer winded, epic chants, like the Suarez or Torres songs are pretty much unique and would be very difficult to nearly impossible to retask to another players name.

Thoughts?

Other clubs have nicked the Maxi tune now 🙁
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #8164 on: May 24, 2017, 10:00:06 pm »
Other clubs have nicked the Maxi tune now 🙁

I think Stoke have got one for Xherdan Shaqiri I believe
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8165 on: May 24, 2017, 10:53:24 pm »
Making songs wont make any difference.  The people in the ground aren't passionate.

The reasons given for the lack of passion on the thread include wools who don't understand the culture, Scousers who spend all match moaning because they've seen it all before, Scousers who no longer feel connected, too many tourists (differentiating from wool), too many corporates, the Club pandering to the new LFC Global FAM completely manufactured support, accessibility and prices of tickets with Scouse kids pressing their noses against the window and people can't get tickets in groups.

The thread has been a four year argument as to which of the above is to blame.  I think all of the above are equally true and they're all killing the atmosphere in equal balance.

I'm not sure if it's ever going to be fixed, I think we'd need a much, much bigger ground to easily solve all of the above.  Something good might come out of the new forums headed by Tony Barrett but only if FSG reps can be arsed to turn up from now on.  I'll wait and see.
All what you've said is spot on. We can't just accept it might never be fixed, need to do something about it

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #8166 on: June 7, 2017, 11:47:45 am »
Great lot round me in 105 today. Genuinely believe the 3pm KO makes a huge difference

Just got a new season ticket in 105, what's it like there?

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
  • His First Name Is Lucas
« Reply #8167 on: June 7, 2017, 11:59:05 am »
Normally A bit flat for the prem games but cup has been alright but I have been in kemlyn tbf for most cups. But honestly it's what you make of it. There's some guys you will see about row 6 or 7 have a massive justice banner there a good set of blokes and get the songs going. Have previously sat with them when there mate doesn't show up. Just be happy to get the season ticket mate I'm still about 1000 and something haha

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8168 on: June 7, 2017, 09:50:31 pm »
1000, Sorry about that mate. Hopefully get new Anfield Road stand sorted and you'll get one.

Yeah dream come true I've finally got one. I'll be singing anyway, I'm past getting looked at like an alien nowadays when I do.

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
  • His First Name Is Lucas
« Reply #8169 on: June 8, 2017, 08:45:37 am »
1000, Sorry about that mate. Hopefully get new Anfield Road stand sorted and you'll get one.

Yeah dream come true I've finally got one. I'll be singing anyway, I'm past getting looked at like an alien nowadays when I do.

Top man! Dont worry mate, my missus been to every game with me and when she gets going people look at her like she has 2 heads and 3 boobs  :lmao :lmao some people still live in the 60s, women can enjoy football you know ;) have to say though 105 is not like that, its mostly been when im near the prawn sandwiches and tourists in main stand  :lmao

Offline Aldo96

• Anny Roader
  • Scousers Rule The Country - Kop STH
« Reply #8170 on: June 8, 2017, 04:02:38 pm »

Varies really- tends to depend on the overall atmosphere.

Stewards are pretty hot on making people sit down, as well.
Liverpool is a soul mate, you can never fall out of love.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8171 on: June 9, 2017, 02:33:35 am »
Yeah meant to say ask what they like getting you to sit down with me being at the front. I'm one of them like most that love to stand up when things get going.

Offline Aldo96

• Anny Roader
  • Scousers Rule The Country - Kop STH
« Reply #8172 on: June 9, 2017, 02:42:39 pm »
Yeah meant to say ask what they like getting you to sit down with me being at the front. I'm one of them like most that love to stand up when things get going.

They don't bother us for the big games- but all others they do.
Liverpool is a soul mate, you can never fall out of love.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8173 on: June 11, 2017, 03:12:03 pm »
Talked a lot on this. Any action? Sales in a few weeks.

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #8174 on: June 11, 2017, 06:38:05 pm »
Talked a lot on this. Any action? Sales in a few weeks.

I've packed in, but if I hadn't, I'd suggest everyone on RAWK who cares target the same block.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #8175 on: June 13, 2017, 11:33:44 am »
Not to worry lads it'll be rocking for those 11:30 Sunday kick offs next year.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8176 on: June 13, 2017, 12:45:58 pm »
Just fuck it off and watch it in the pub.  The whole emphasis is on selling it to family's, it's never going to have the intimidating atmosphere back with husband, wife and their 2.4 children. 

There'll never be big groups of mates together because they want the exact opposite.

I'll be watching my local none league team, followed by a few pints in the Club house whilst watching the greatest football family in the world (and happily distancing myself from them) whilst drinking stupidly with mates.  I did it for the second half of last season, and I enjoyed myself whilst saving a shit load of money (well, not exactly, I just ended up spending it on more ale in the Club House).

If you still enjoy just going and watching the match (amongst weirdo's), then fair enough.  If you're looking for more than this then you wont be getting it at Anfield.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 01:13:50 pm by stephen075 »

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8177 on: June 15, 2017, 07:09:14 pm »
Each to their own mate and fair play to you. Just got a season ticket so I ain't going nowhere anytime soon.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8178 on: June 15, 2017, 07:10:57 pm »
They don't bother us for the big games- but all others they do.

Shite that. Is it one of them were they'll throw you out and get your season ticket took of you?

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8179 on: June 15, 2017, 07:11:50 pm »
If you still enjoy just going and watching the match (amongst weirdo's), then fair enough.  If you're looking for more than this then you wont be getting it at Anfield.
First and foremost it's about watching the reds is it not? Given the chance i'd go most weeks. No one is loaning season tickets this season
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Sahara

• Kopite
  • 8 Dimensional
« Reply #8180 on: June 15, 2017, 11:41:30 pm »
New chant for Klopp where it is done correctly the current one doesn't even sound like Life is Life by Opus, maybe the new one can be sung during the game too.

★              ★              ★              ★              ★             ★ 

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #8181 on: July 2, 2017, 11:54:08 am »
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #8182 on: July 2, 2017, 02:09:01 pm »

That's not real is it?! Amazing, pretty much how I feel. If only the game wasn't watered down so much.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Marty McFly

• He is not a number, he's a free man now
  • Legacy Fan
  • Has been busy in parallel dimensions and shit.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8185 on: July 2, 2017, 05:41:19 pm »
 ;D

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #8186 on: July 27, 2017, 07:38:03 pm »
Still pissed off about not getting all our games in the 300's or even the Kop despite having been up there for years and having all 19 on our cards.
So this season at least up to New year me and Daniel wont be doing our flags for any game we are on the Kop, including all the cup games, sick of using our time, effort and money just for the club to market how good the Kop is to daytrippers and Thomas Cook, meaning that after 4 years of us doing our wavers for every home game in all competitions we can't even get tickets where we want for league games and have to settle for ( and pay more for ! ) tickets in the sideways corner of the lower anny rd, wont be attending those games so we will also miss more games this half of the season than we have in the last 5 seasons put together.
Daniel is not happy about us missing games as he even said the other day that he is looking forward to this season, until i reminded him that out of the 11 games that went on sale the other week we are only in 306 for 3 of them. !!!

Same as loads on here judging by what i read in the members sale thread, loads with full credits who normally go in the 300's are now shunted around the ground at greater cost to them !!!!

« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 07:39:35 pm by hoppyLFC »
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #8187 on: July 27, 2017, 08:28:22 pm »
Still pissed off about not getting all our games in the 300's or even the Kop despite having been up there for years and having all 19 on our cards.
So this season at least up to New year me and Daniel wont be doing our flags for any game we are on the Kop, including all the cup games, sick of using our time, effort and money just for the club to market how good the Kop is to daytrippers and Thomas Cook, meaning that after 4 years of us doing our wavers for every home game in all competitions we can't even get tickets where we want for league games and have to settle for ( and pay more for ! ) tickets in the sideways corner of the lower anny rd, wont be attending those games so we will also miss more games this half of the season than we have in the last 5 seasons put together.
Daniel is not happy about us missing games as he even said the other day that he is looking forward to this season, until i reminded him that out of the 11 games that went on sale the other week we are only in 306 for 3 of them. !!!

Same as loads on here judging by what i read in the members sale thread, loads with full credits who normally go in the 300's are now shunted around the ground at greater cost to them !!!!

You should be on the Kop. Day trippers shouldn't. Simple as that. It's shit around the ground in some areas and if you're stuck there and get jaded and decide not to bother that's a massive part of the club atmosphere fucked.

Not that it's fixable anyway :(

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #8188 on: July 28, 2017, 10:19:49 am »

It's not just on the Kop that people struggled. We usually go in the upper annie and last season in the upper main, 4 of us on 19. Could only get 1 pair for Everton and 1 pair for Arsenal. The rest are all in the same blocks in the upper main but singles. The only seats I could get pairs for were in the last few rows in the upper main and I personally don't think you should be paying the prices they charge that far back.
I can live with the seats I have, but your not asking much to be able to sit next to a mate in a seat your happy with, especially if you have been to all the homes from the season before is it?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 10:21:44 am by Barrowred »

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #8189 on: July 28, 2017, 10:23:11 am »

It's not just on the Kop that people struggled. We usually go in the upper annie and last season in the upper main, 4 of us on 19. Could only get 1 pair for Everton and 1 pair for Arsenal. The rest are all in the same blocks in the upper main but singles. The only seats I could get pairs for were in the last few rows in the upper main and I personally don't think you should be paying the prices they charge that far back.
I can live with the seats I have, but your not asking much to be able to sit next to a mate in a seat your happy with, especially if you have been to all the homes from the season before is it

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8190 on: July 28, 2017, 11:11:40 am »
They really need to either limit memberships or sell the tickets on a more staggered loyalty basis.

My situation is not on the same level as hoppy or Barrowred but it illustrates the same point - I went to six league games last season and didn't get a single ticket for any game in the bulk sale a few weeks ago. I'm going to Burnley and Huddersfield only because I have mates who were very patient and understanding and were able to get in on my behalf. Loyalty doesn't feel like its being rewarded any more.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8191 on: July 28, 2017, 11:19:49 am »
This is the real story. It's not about rich young footballers deciding whether to change clubs or not.

Hoppy and others like him should not have to be humiliated by the club like this. It's a total joke. With their passion, they represent millions of us who can't get tickets or who can't get to games.

Step in Tony Barrett and get this fucking scandal sorted. The Kop as we veterans once knew is already on its last legs. Unless something dramatic is done it'll be dead and buried in the next couple of years.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #8192 on: July 28, 2017, 11:23:50 am »
At least you got tickets. After being on PTS years ago and applying every half season, this is the second half season in a row that me and my family have NO matches to go to. This with 5 devices in the members queue on both occasions.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #8193 on: July 28, 2017, 11:26:03 am »

Fucking grim reading that mate.
In 10 years time when most of those who give a fuck have disappeared questions will be asked what the fuck happened.
Hard to believe how different it is trying to get to the game now & how the atmosphere has slowly dwindled year on year to what it once was.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8194 on: July 28, 2017, 01:59:17 pm »
There's plenty of people that feel the same way, what action can we take?

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #8195 on: July 28, 2017, 06:47:48 pm »
At least in the champions league they released the whole stadium availability in one go and to fans with full credits so they had first dibs on the best seats...

how can they go from 12 to 4 for leagues sales? It's gonna have a knock on effect on the atmosphere

Safe standing is what I'm hoping for one day!! Only way to improve the atmosphere

Offline hawkwind

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8196 on: July 29, 2017, 10:06:37 am »
Sorry to hear that Hoppy, me and my lad had 19 on our cards but were lucky to get Kop tickets for all games bar Arsenal which is in the annie Road end.
The Kop seats are scattered around though only 3 in our preferred block.
We have both agreed though that once our luck is out and we don't get Kop seats for most games then we will be calling it a day.
It feels like I have a second part time job sometimes trying to get tickets and when we get to the game the Kop if full of half and half scarfs and most noticeable for games like Everton and utd, no wonder the atmosphere is shite.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8197 on: July 29, 2017, 11:02:56 am »
There's plenty of people that feel the same way, what action can we take?

When I realised that  was spending most of the match worrying about whether I could afford the next, worrying about whether I had transport sorted, checking my phone during a match to make sure I don't miss any ticket sales, worrying about whether I had the credits, and if not who was going to sort me, and if so if there was anybody I should be sorting, after realising that's all I was doing and I was totally consumed and the Club had me by the bollocks via the loyalty system, that's when I decided to find something different to do with my time.

It's stressful.  It's a million times removed from when I first went the match and loved every minute of it.

There's no better person than Tony Barrett to sort out the ticket access and relationship with locals but I think it's mission impossible.  The only real solution is to expand the ground, fuck the cost of it.

The Club have created the new LFC Family and they've reached out to people who have no ties whatsoever to the Club or City, and marketed it in a way to give them a sense of attachment.  Of course, this further boosts revenue streams, mainly by more in take of memberships, but also through increased corporate partners. 

You're all now in a family with a tyre manufacturer that I've never heard of before.  I say 'you're' as I'm not sure whether I'm still a family member after deciding not to renew my membership. 

Offline Joff123

• Anny Roader
  • They say our days our numbered
    • Twitter
« Reply #8198 on: August 19, 2017, 08:08:41 pm »
How was the atmosphere inside the ground today? Couldn't make it and interested to see how it was.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8199 on: August 19, 2017, 08:17:34 pm »
How was the atmosphere inside the ground today? Couldn't make it and interested to see how it was.

Dreadful