Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3458232 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: COVID-19
« Reply #6720 on: March 15, 2020, 09:03:50 pm »
Well, if you don't agree with me, perhaps you will agree with epidemiologist, Adam Kucharski:

https://twitter.com/AdamJKucharski/status/1238821515526897664

Did you actually read it?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6721 on: March 15, 2020, 09:04:18 pm »
how about the supermarkets open the stores to the elderly/disabled for a bit say an entire morning They are the only ones having to self isolate now and they are the ones in the high risk groups. They wont have had chance to stock up. I know my elderly mum wants to go and do a shop but she is fearful of mass crowed supermarkets and the fact of will she even find anything when she gets there. I myself am disabled with cerebral palsy with difficulty walking so I am worried stiff with what to do. The Government have not said anything about helping the venerable with getting supplies of food and medications.     

The French are doing that, over 70s shopping time with ID mandatory to get in.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #6722 on: March 15, 2020, 09:06:49 pm »
Bored and sick of this shit already.

This is going to be the longest year ever.

That’s the spirit
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #6723 on: March 15, 2020, 09:09:23 pm »
There is too much arrogance with a lot of British people.

My mate has got symptoms and was told to go in on Thursday / Friday.

It’s pissing me off so much

Then of course there’s the Young ones who take this weird pride in sounding old school. The ‘just the flu’ brigade who now have had to change their stance a few times now

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #6724 on: March 15, 2020, 09:10:31 pm »
The French are doing that, over 70s shopping time with ID mandatory to get in.
hope we do something similar, but also I would like deliveries to over 70s to become common too, if we are going to make this people be inside as much as possible let’s help them have everything

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6725 on: March 15, 2020, 09:10:46 pm »
Simply inexcusable for rich nations to be found wanting like this in terms of testing kits and ventilators, be it Britain, Italy, USA or wherever. All of them could have a warehouse full to the fucking ceiling full of them and barely feel a thing in terms of cost.

i agree. Or at least the plan to ramp up production. testing is a little more complicated as last I knew it needed a person to run it.. still every student in the land should be smart enough to train up for one task.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6726 on: March 15, 2020, 09:11:42 pm »
Are they high ranking then?

Well, they do the accounts for them.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #6727 on: March 15, 2020, 09:15:17 pm »
Well, if you don't agree with me, perhaps you will agree with epidemiologist, Adam Kucharski:

https://twitter.com/AdamJKucharski/status/1238821515526897664

He's saying exactly the same as I am. Thanks for backing up my post with evidence.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #6728 on: March 15, 2020, 09:18:10 pm »

no sport on as well to act as a welcome distraction or when it does come back will act as a boost to the country as it will provide something to look forward to, I never knew I would miss sport or watching Liverpool play until it is gone.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #6729 on: March 15, 2020, 09:22:05 pm »
Well, they do the accounts for them.

Thought they were the biggest airline in Uk
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6730 on: March 15, 2020, 09:23:30 pm »
no sport on as well to act as a welcome distraction or when it does come back will act as a boost to the country as it will provide something to look forward to, I never knew I would miss sport or watching Liverpool play until it is gone.

The noise and emotion when we have the first kick off will be incredible.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6731 on: March 15, 2020, 09:24:18 pm »
Thought they were the biggest airline in Uk

The bigger you're the harder you fall.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6732 on: March 15, 2020, 09:25:36 pm »
The noise and emotion when we have the first kick off will be incredible.

Behind closed doors will do at this moment

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6733 on: March 15, 2020, 09:27:33 pm »

Need some riots on the streets to brighten things up.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6734 on: March 15, 2020, 09:29:08 pm »
My local is closing at 6pm tomorrow.  :shocked

Re=opening date to be announced some time in the future . . .  hopefully.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #6735 on: March 15, 2020, 09:30:58 pm »
My local is closing at 6pm tomorrow.  :shocked

Re=opening date to be announced some time in the future . . .  hopefully.

Own choice or enforced?

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6736 on: March 15, 2020, 09:32:09 pm »
how about the supermarkets open the stores to the elderly/disabled for a bit say an entire morning They are the only ones having to self isolate now and they are the ones in the high risk groups. They wont have had chance to stock up. I know my elderly mum wants to go and do a shop but she is fearful of mass crowed supermarkets and the fact of will she even find anything when she gets there. I myself am disabled with cerebral palsy with difficulty walking so I am worried stiff with what to do. The Government have not said anything about helping the venerable with getting supplies of food and medications.     
I just saw on Twitter,a Iceland in West Belfast is doing that the opening hour starting tomorrow.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #6737 on: March 15, 2020, 09:32:15 pm »
I've skim read some of the content re the docs as per your previous post and with regards to the 'Modelling Summary' doc, much of same would have informed the approach as per my previous involvement, c.2005/6.  I'd particular look towards 'Annex 2' which focuses on planning for the 'Reasonable Worse Case' scenario.  This drove my approach back then, and really should have driven current, particularly once the virus spread from China.  From then IMO it was a case of 'when' not 'if'.

My concern over the 'Lancet' article 'Country Based Mitigation' which is recent and specifically relates to the 'Coronavirus' outbreak, is the reference on the first page to 'governments must put in place measures to ameliorate the inevitable economic downturn'.  I don't know if this is driving current Government strategy.  If so, it may be to the detriment of the previous doc re the 'planning for reasonable worse case scenario'.  IMO the former should always trump the latter, not vice versa.

What I'm unable to speak to is the current govt. (NHS, informed by dept. of health & social care) approach to planning and risk mitigation.  The current messages from Hancock would suggest is has not been robust.  Some may say piss poor in fact, where he is effectively now informing any manufacturers of ventilators that price is no object.  But this is likely a reflection of the under investment in the NHS for years.  Short term penny pinching = long term risk.

I would reiterate that the environment under the then Labour government compared to the current Tory government is chalk and cheese in terms of budgets.

I can't really comment on strategy until government releases its data.  I really hope its grounded and sensible, and effectively supports the current strategy.  If not, then what is the current strategy based on?  Is it some sort of 'outlier' experiment based on number crunching via analytics?  I mention this simply because the likes of Cummings et al style themselves as some sort of leaders on data analytics.  I hope I'm completely incorrect on that.  Strategy is apparently supported by a number of scientists, but this is countered by hundreds of medical professionals who are demanding sight of same data.

Thanks TSC.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #6738 on: March 15, 2020, 09:42:37 pm »
Another massive intervention from the federal reserve today in case anyone is in any doubt as to how serious the economic impact is likely to be.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6739 on: March 15, 2020, 09:44:32 pm »
https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1182389.shtml

Boys it's getting serious, better get that social distancing done properly if you want your balls to work right.  Seems they don't have enough data to consider this conclusive yet but I'm taking no chances  :-\

Seems there are also some data points coming through that it can be passed by an asymptomatic person through hair and eyelashes, which would be why healthcare workers are a source of spread (since they usually won't have their head covered) - and probably why Chinese workers ended up with goggles, masks and hair coverings in those 'outdoor clinics' (aka tents) of theirs.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6740 on: March 15, 2020, 09:47:24 pm »
Another massive intervention from the federal reserve today in case anyone is in any doubt as to how serious the economic impact is likely to be.

Moving rates to 0% and $800Bn of QE on top of the 1.5Tn they put in last week on top of $1.5Tn of collateralised loans offered last week.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #6741 on: March 15, 2020, 09:49:19 pm »

Boys it's getting serious, better get that social distancing done properly if you want your balls to work right.  Seems they don't have enough data to consider this conclusive yet but I'm taking no chances  :-\

Seems there are also some data points coming through that it can be passed by an asymptomatic person through hair and eyelashes, which would be why healthcare workers are a source of spread (since they usually won't have their head covered) - and probably why Chinese workers ended up with goggles, masks and hair coverings in those 'outdoor clinics' (aka tents) of theirs.

is that why male ambulance staff and health care workers have been asked to shave and that it helps with their equipment fit properly. 

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6742 on: March 15, 2020, 09:50:57 pm »
My docs has text me this evening saying it’s closed for routine access. Need to get my b12 jab and was intending on booking tomorrow. No idea if I’ll still be able to get it there or not.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6743 on: March 15, 2020, 09:52:44 pm »

Just about to have my 2nd child, so I for one welcome this news!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #6744 on: March 15, 2020, 09:54:44 pm »
My docs has text me this evening saying it’s closed for routine access. Need to get my b12 jab and was intending on booking tomorrow. No idea if I’ll still be able to get it there or not.

maybe your local pharmacy could do it for you mate. No harm in asking anyway if your docs are shut. I remember you talking about earlier in the thread. 

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6745 on: March 15, 2020, 09:55:20 pm »
I’m currently in New Zealand backpacking, things are ok here but lots of people starting to fly home or getting told to come home. I’m not due to fly home for 2 weeks but the lack of information from the government is worrying, I’m 10 days away from an international airport and I’ve no idea what the world will be like in 10 days.

I'm assuming you mean the British government?

New Zealand's Ministry of Health has an excellent site with up to date information. Obviously, not about the UK government issue but while you are here:

https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6746 on: March 15, 2020, 09:55:47 pm »
This is a bit of a semi-off-topic ramble, so apologies.

I realise my sister means well, but she just pressed me to get involved with the red cross reserves because we're in a national emergency and apparently neither of us "have responsibilities as such". 

Way to guilt trip me there, sis.  Last I checked she was as warden on an elderly housing estate so I'm not exactly sure what she means about lacking responsibility. 

I'd honestly not thought about getting involved in anything and now I'm quietly freaking out that I'm being a selfish bastard for not thinking of it sooner.  But honestly, right now, what is there to do?  I want to help and I realise this is serious, but when you look at people panic buying fucking bog roll, pasta and the like, and supermarket bosses are scratching their heads because there's plenty of stuff to go around and no disruption to the supply chain - I just feel like it's best to wait until help is actually needed.

Today is five years since I last saw my mum after my brother threw me out of the house.  (My sister has impeccable fucking timing.)  She's 75 now and already been hospitalised with pneumonia once in the past couple of years.  It's been preying on my mind and now I'm feeling guilt tripped.

I just feel my sister is - not over reacting as such, but over preparing.  Takes me ages to mentally prepare and brace myself for anything, and she should know this by now. 
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6747 on: March 15, 2020, 09:56:56 pm »
Worth noting at least. Pollution levels in Lombardy and Emilia-Romagna plus eastern Piedmont and western Veneto the week before the outbreak. The average in winter is slightly lower than this, but inhabitants have had their lungs fried for decades  :-X

Nowhere in Europe is even remotely close to levels like these. Even London stayed in the blue all of February, which is harmless levels. All of Scandinavia is virtually dark blue at all times.

Interesting, where did you get the graphic from?

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6748 on: March 15, 2020, 09:58:34 pm »
Schools closed in New York.

"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6749 on: March 15, 2020, 09:59:48 pm »
I li e in a fairly small town mate. There's road blocks in and out. You get stopped and questioned if your out. If it's not legitimate as outlined you are fined. I'm not sure about other areas which are probably less easy to control. The only way we are allowed out of our houses is for the supermarket or the chemist. I'm sure there's people who get away with a bit of movement here and there but from what I've seen it's controlled pretty well. If you walked 200 yards your guaranteed to be stopped by a police car.
Mad that Roady [emoji50]

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #6750 on: March 15, 2020, 10:03:44 pm »
Interesting, where did you get the graphic from?
I think it’s the topography more than anything.  Fertile, heavily-populated valleybounded by a high mountain wall to the north, prevailing winds from the southwest means dirty air gets trapped at a low level and disperses gradually down the valley instead of being blown northeast as you’d expect.  Is my layman’s understanding anyway.

Northern India has similar terrain and is similarly worse than anywhere nearby.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6751 on: March 15, 2020, 10:09:03 pm »
There is too much arrogance with a lot of British people.

My mate has got symptoms and was told to go in on Thursday / Friday.

Whoever made him go in should be sacked on the spot and thrown in jail for a month.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6752 on: March 15, 2020, 10:13:26 pm »
This is a bit of a semi-off-topic ramble, so apologies.

I realise my sister means well, but she just pressed me to get involved with the red cross reserves because we're in a national emergency and apparently neither of us "have responsibilities as such". 

Way to guilt trip me there, sis.  Last I checked she was as warden on an elderly housing estate so I'm not exactly sure what she means about lacking responsibility. 

I'd honestly not thought about getting involved in anything and now I'm quietly freaking out that I'm being a selfish bastard for not thinking of it sooner.  But honestly, right now, what is there to do?  I want to help and I realise this is serious, but when you look at people panic buying fucking bog roll, pasta and the like, and supermarket bosses are scratching their heads because there's plenty of stuff to go around and no disruption to the supply chain - I just feel like it's best to wait until help is actually needed.

Today is five years since I last saw my mum after my brother threw me out of the house.  (My sister has impeccable fucking timing.)  She's 75 now and already been hospitalised with pneumonia once in the past couple of years.  It's been preying on my mind and now I'm feeling guilt tripped.

I just feel my sister is - not over reacting as such, but over preparing.  Takes me ages to mentally prepare and brace myself for anything, and she should know this by now. 

Mate, look after yourself first and foremost.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #6753 on: March 15, 2020, 10:13:35 pm »
Strange part of economies shifting focus at very short notice.

(via NBC's Jo Ling Kent)

LVMH — maker of Christian Dior, Givenchy, Guerlain perfume — is switching ALL its perfume + cosmetic factories to make “large quantities” of hand sanitizer, starting Monday.

“The gel will be delivered free of charge to the French health authorities.”

Believe Italian government has sent technicians from its army to see if it can help ramp up ventilator production in its one factory which makes a form of them.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6754 on: March 15, 2020, 10:19:08 pm »
Heavy is the ted that wears the frown

From do fuck all Thursday, to now - Jones the butcher Sunday, our 'lives' and our parents lives, are in the hands of this geezer and de pfeffel's.

We're all doomed.
Someone should deffo check his hard drive.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6755 on: March 15, 2020, 10:19:24 pm »
Did you actually read it?
Yes. Did you understand it?
He's saying exactly the same as I am. Thanks for backing up my post with evidence.
I think maybe you misunderstood my earlier post. I am against 'herd immunity' as a 'strategy' or 'aim'. That's just insane. It makes no sense at all. Herd immunity is merely a consequence from mass infection of SARS2 and will necessarily result in deaths in the process. This is why I linked the virologist's tweet.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #6756 on: March 15, 2020, 10:24:26 pm »
So pubs in Ireland will join schools in being closed for two weeks. However, it won't be two weeks for either, will it? If cases continue to escalate, we won't open them for fear of further increases. If, and I hope to god it happens, the cases slow down significantly, we will surely keep them closed since the tactic is working?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #6757 on: March 15, 2020, 10:26:40 pm »
Yes. Did you understand it?

Yeah I did thanks. Did you?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6758 on: March 15, 2020, 10:31:15 pm »

Yeah I did thanks. Did you?
The opening two tweets:
I am deeply uncomfortable with the message that UK is actively pursuing ‘herd immunity’ as the main COVID-19 strategy. Our group’s scenario modelling has focused on reducing two main things: peak healthcare demand and deaths... 1/

For me, herd immunity has never been the outright aim, it’s been a tragic consequence of having a virus that - based on current evidence - is unlikely to be fully controllable in long term in the UK. 2/
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6759 on: March 15, 2020, 10:32:22 pm »
BP directing all helicopter flights from rigs west of Shetland to bypass Shetland (with its virus outbreak) and fly all the way to Aberdeen.... controversial decision given the choppers patchy safety record. That's a lot of extra chopper hours.