Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 603645 times)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #4840 on: May 28, 2018, 01:04:57 pm »
Look st what happened to the bulls when Jordan went to play baseball. He definitely carried that team. Maybe not to the extent that Lebron is, but Cleveland won’t win the nba.
and the east was much stronger back then, and you also had handchecking allowed then so god knows what Jordan could have done today

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4841 on: May 28, 2018, 03:29:01 pm »
I really hope the warriors beat the Rockets and go on to destroy the Cavs. Such an average side, like watching an Everton side with Messi.

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4842 on: May 28, 2018, 04:49:37 pm »
Look st what happened to the bulls when Jordan went to play baseball. He definitely carried that team. Maybe not to the extent that Lebron is, but Cleveland won’t win the nba.

What the fric are you talking about, the Pippen led Bulls made it to the 93-94 Eastern Conference Semis and lost in 7 games. They were a FANTASTIC team without Jordan. They won 55 games and had 3 All Stars.
Blame me for all the draft threads on RAWK

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4843 on: May 28, 2018, 04:57:36 pm »
What the fric are you talking about, the Pippen led Bulls made it to the 93-94 Eastern Conference Semis and lost in 7 games. They were a FANTASTIC team without Jordan. They won 55 games and had 3 All Stars.
who won the title that year?

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4844 on: May 28, 2018, 05:19:42 pm »
and the east was much stronger back then, and you also had handchecking allowed then so god knows what Jordan could have done today

So the East was much stronger was it? How do you work that one out. The expansion was in 1988, it was a watered down league. Name a team that has two HOFers that Jordan beat in the playoffs when those players were roughly at their peak. I can think of only one team. Jordan has NEVER done anything like Lebron has done in terms of carrying a bad team and beating a much better one.

The league these days is MUCH stronger, that's not even a debate, I also strongly doubt a guy who shot ~ 580 3 point shots at 32% for his ENTIRE career and is relatively speaking a poor passer and a ball hog would really be up to the mark offensively as an "all time great" if he were playing today. Steph Curry took a season and a bit to match Jordan's entire career 3 point output.

Name me an All-Star SG currently shooting 32% from 3 in today's league on the sort of volume Jordan was shooting. You can't, because not only aren't they All-Stars most of them can't even make a roster.

Jordan was the greatest player of his time, but this type of hagiography is pretty ridiculous. This idea that Lebron would somehow be worse in Jordan's time when he's 6'8" and weighs ~ 115 kg is absurd. You think hand checking is going to slow that down? lol.

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4845 on: May 28, 2018, 05:24:41 pm »
who won the title that year?

Seemingly your assertion is that the Jordanless Bulls that year were a mediocre team when the fact they won 55 games and nearly made the ECF says otherwise.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4846 on: May 28, 2018, 05:41:33 pm »
Seemingly your assertion is that the Jordanless Bulls that year were a mediocre team when the fact they won 55 games and nearly made the ECF says otherwise.
they didn’t win

So the East was much stronger was it? How do you work that one out. The expansion was in 1988, it was a watered down league. Name a team that has two HOFers that Jordan beat in the playoffs when those players were roughly at their peak. I can think of only one team. Jordan has NEVER done anything like Lebron has done in terms of carrying a bad team and beating a much better one.

The league these days is MUCH stronger, that's not even a debate, I also strongly doubt a guy who shot ~ 580 3 point shots at 32% for his ENTIRE career and is relatively speaking a poor passer and a ball hog would really be up to the mark offensively as an "all time great" if he were playing today. Steph Curry took a season and a bit to match Jordan's entire career 3 point output.

Name me an All-Star SG currently shooting 32% from 3 in today's league on the sort of volume Jordan was shooting. You can't, because not only aren't they All-Stars most of them can't even make a roster.

Jordan was the greatest player of his time, but this type of hagiography is pretty ridiculous. This idea that Lebron would somehow be worse in Jordan's time when he's 6'8" and weighs ~ 115 kg is absurd. You think hand checking is going to slow that down? lol.
jordan had to get past the bad boy pistons and birds Celtics, name one team in the east Lebron had come against that was on a par or close to that level that he beat in the east, hell even Ewing’s Knicks!

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4847 on: May 28, 2018, 06:01:14 pm »
they didn’t win
jordan had to get past the bad boy pistons and birds Celtics, name one team in the east Lebron had come against that was on a par or close to that level that he beat in the east, hell even Ewing’s Knicks!

I lived through that era and the Bulls overcoming the Pistons (with several starters past their expiry date) wasn't because of Michael Jordan, it was because of Phil Jackson. Which points to one stark difference between Jordan and Lebron; Lebron is his own HOF coach, he doesn't need a triangle offense to defeat his opponents and he doesn't need HOF teammates either.

The Bulls have NEVER won a playoff series against the Boston Celtics, with or without Jordan, and swept Jordan and his Bulls in the last year (1987) of Bird's prime. Bird was out of the league by 1992.

Ewing was the only great player on the Knicks team during Jordan's time, meanwhile Jordan had a number of HOFers on his.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4848 on: May 28, 2018, 06:52:35 pm »
Even when they were sitting 5th in the East, I said here that Cavs will make the finals from the East despite Toronto and Boston's records being much better. We are lucky to watch a player in Lebron's caliber in our lifetime, as Bradley Stevens said "it's a joke what he is accomplishing every single day out there".

Now let's win at Houston and sweep these Cavs in 4 :wave

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4849 on: May 28, 2018, 06:58:06 pm »
Chris Paul 'Less Likely Than Likely' To Play Game 7

Hornets Hire Roland Nored As Assistant Coach

Raptors Interview Ettore Messina, Ime Udoka

Steve Kerr Thought Warriors Had Breakthrough In Game 5 Loss

Hawks Retain Chris Jent As Assistant Coach

Milwaukee Police Apologizes For Treatment Of Sterling Brown

NBPA Launches Mental Health And Wellness Program

Steve Kerr Told Michael Jordan Story To Kevin Durant During Middle Of Game 5

Raptors Will Explore All Trade Options In Offseason

Magic Reach Out To Tom Izzo

Pistons Could Hire Brent Barry, Tayshaun Prince For Front Office Roles

Dwane Casey Emerges As Pistons' Top Coaching Target

Pistons Hire Ed Stefanski To Oversee Front Office

Doc Rivers, Clippers Agree Upon Contract Extension

Knicks In Talks To Hire Pat Sullivan As Assistant Coach

Woj: Wolves Would Choose Karl-Anthony Towns Over Tom Thibodeau

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4850 on: May 28, 2018, 07:17:10 pm »
Even when they were sitting 5th in the East, I said here that Cavs will make the finals from the East despite Toronto and Boston's records being much better. We are lucky to watch a player in Lebron's caliber in our lifetime, as Bradley Stevens said "it's a joke what he is accomplishing every single day out there".

Now let's win at Houston and sweep these Cavs in 4 :wave
Your taking home a L tonight i am afraid its LBJ time. Also if this does happen i am calling it out now he goes Houston or Philly and wins another 2 and GSW don't win another while LBJ is at either of them teams. Or he goes Lakes with Paul George and Kawhi Leonard. Either way if GSW don't win it this time around and LBJ gets to build a super team at Lakers/Houston/Philly!!! i don't think we win it again in the next 3 years.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #4851 on: May 28, 2018, 07:18:35 pm »
against a full strength warriors yes but against Houston no
The hate runs deep within you Skip.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4852 on: May 28, 2018, 07:24:13 pm »
The hate runs deep within you Skip.
lol you really think beating Houston is as impressive as golden state??

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #4853 on: May 28, 2018, 08:18:18 pm »
lol you really think beating Houston is as impressive as golden state??

If the Rockets beat the Warriors?
Absolutely.

If Lebron ends up facing the Rockets and wins a title, you think it'll not be considered as impressive because it wasn't against the Warriors?
Why on earth wouldn't it be as impressive?
Nobody remembers the teams that should have made it to the NBA Finals but bottled it at the last hurdle.
They don't even tend to remember those that lost in the Finals.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4854 on: May 28, 2018, 08:54:05 pm »
I agree with Doc here. Both Warriors and Rockets are miles better team than the Cavs and they shouldn't even take it to 6 games imo. If Lebron wins title this year, it will be amazing achievement. They are probably a bottom 3 team without him.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4855 on: May 28, 2018, 08:57:18 pm »
Your taking home a L tonight i am afraid its LBJ time. Also if this does happen i am calling it out now he goes Houston or Philly and wins another 2 and GSW don't win another while LBJ is at either of them teams. Or he goes Lakes with Paul George and Kawhi Leonard. Either way if GSW don't win it this time around and LBJ gets to build a super team at Lakers/Houston/Philly!!! i don't think we win it again in the next 3 years.
Looks like CP3 is not gonna play and even if he does, he won't even be 50%. We have the experience at this stage, we will stop them in 1st quarter and take charge in 2nd and 3rd.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4856 on: May 28, 2018, 08:59:49 pm »
If the Rockets beat the Warriors?
Absolutely.

If Lebron ends up facing the Rockets and wins a title, you think it'll not be considered as impressive because it wasn't against the Warriors?
Why on earth wouldn't it be as impressive?
Nobody remembers the teams that should have made it to the NBA Finals but bottled it at the last hurdle.
They don't even tend to remember those that lost in the Finals.
because the warriors are the champs, have experience winning titles whereas the rockets don’t?

It’s impressive if he beats the rockets in the finals but to push him above Jordan, hell no.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #4857 on: May 28, 2018, 10:00:02 pm »

Looks like CP3 is not gonna play and even if he does, he won't even be 50%. We have the experience at this stage, we will stop them in 1st quarter and take charge in 2nd and 3rd.

Keep him in the locker room until half time. A minute after the restart have him run out to the court. They can ride the wave from the Pop that would create.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4858 on: May 29, 2018, 03:44:38 am »
Stunning 3rd quarter bottle job from Houston this

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #4859 on: May 29, 2018, 03:49:39 am »
Are Houston legally obliged to only shoot behind the three point line? My fucking god they haven't made one for the whole damn quarter and they keep chucking them in.

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #4860 on: May 29, 2018, 03:51:48 am »

Are Houston legally obliged to only shoot behind the three point line? My fucking god they haven't made one for the whole damn quarter and they keep chucking them in.

Does not help with at least one benched player jumping up and screaming in their ear, whenever they shoot from the left arc near their bench.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4861 on: May 29, 2018, 03:59:28 am »
its a shame they don’t show inside the nba as Barkleys comments on teams that live off the three will be funny

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4862 on: May 29, 2018, 04:07:48 am »
Still think Rockets are the second best team in the league. They did well to take the warriors to a game 7. Now Curry is getting fully fit and firing though, the final could be 4-0. Warriors just have too many weapons, and play as a team.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #4863 on: May 29, 2018, 04:08:05 am »
To be honest I kind of agree with Chuck on that, at least GS have variations to their game. Houston missed twenty fucking seven threes on a row, talk about having no plan B.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4864 on: May 29, 2018, 04:11:41 am »
To be honest I kind of agree with Chuck on that, at least GS have variations to their game. Houston missed twenty fucking seven threes on a row, talk about having no plan B.

Can't stand D'Antoni,Paul or Harden all meh characters.

I'd trade Draymond in the summer, maybe Iggy as well. Draymond thinks his shit don't stink too much and they need to freshen things up, imo.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4865 on: May 29, 2018, 04:12:51 am »

On another night it’ll work and they’ll rack up 130 points, they’ve been a 3 point team all season. Overall warriors are just better. Durant is unreal.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #4866 on: May 29, 2018, 04:14:37 am »
Can't stand D'Antoni,Paul or Harden all meh characters.

I'd trade Draymond in the summer, maybe Iggy as well. Draymond thinks his shit don't stink too much and they need to freshen things up, imo.
I can't stand Chris Paul but I have gained mad respect for him as a player on the last few playoffs, he really has the bottle that Harden lacks.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4867 on: May 29, 2018, 04:15:09 am »
honestly think us on the thread now wouldn’t be that bad at threes, that’s truly shocking for an nba team never mind the one with the best regular season record

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #4868 on: May 29, 2018, 04:16:25 am »
On another night it’ll work and they’ll rack up 130 points, they’ve been a 3 point team all season. Overall warriors are just better. Durant is unreal.
It's a game seven there's no other night, you have to adjust when things aren't going your way. Just fucking feed Capela, the young swiss lion.  ;D

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4869 on: May 29, 2018, 04:18:45 am »
I can't stand Chris Paul but I have gained mad respect for him as a player on the last few playoffs, he really has the bottle that Harden lacks.

I'm not so sure, Paul has had plenty of bottle jobs in the playoffs before.

I respect his game but as a character he's a right twat

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4870 on: May 29, 2018, 04:19:06 am »
It's a game seven there's no other night, you have to adjust when things aren't going your way. Just fucking feed Capela, the young swiss lion.  ;D

I don’t think you can beat this warriors team without a 3 point game. Unless they’re having an off night.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4871 on: May 29, 2018, 04:19:35 am »
Harden doing his David Copperfield impression in the 4th

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #4872 on: May 29, 2018, 04:21:37 am »

Predicable. Yawntastic! and this is forgetting to mention I am not a fan of the Rockets or the Celtics.

Down 11 and three straight non-calls on blantant fouls., one of those plays he was fouled by two different players. That is a bull tearing down the Pamplona and then witnessing it slam on the brakes to drop a deuce.

Unless there is a few major trades in the near future, I punch out. Completely exhausted of the non-parity!!!

Will not be tuning into the final.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4873 on: May 29, 2018, 04:23:10 am »
Predicable. Yawntastic! and this is forgetting to mention I am not a fan of the Rockets or the Celtics.

Down 11 and three straight non-calls on blantant fouls., one of those plays he was fouled by two different players. That is a bull tearing down the Pamplona and then witnessing it slam on the brakes to drop a deuce.

Unless there is a few major trades in the near future, I punch out. Completely exhausted of the non-parity!!!

Will not be tuning into the final.

got no sympathy for Harden who has been getting calls when he gets breathed on all year long.

Fck him

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4874 on: May 29, 2018, 04:48:33 am »
The Bulls have NEVER won a playoff series against the Boston Celtics, with or without Jordan, and swept Jordan and his Bulls in the last year (1987) of Bird's prime. Bird was out of the league by 1992.

Gee, both sides accuse each other of goalpost-shifting, but this one takes the cake!

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #4875 on: May 29, 2018, 04:53:37 am »
think the warriors will win with not much fuss
YNWA

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4876 on: May 29, 2018, 05:09:20 am »
No matter the sport. Fans of the losing team always blame the refs/umpires. Clockwork.

Dubs over Cleveland in 5...The Gentlemans sweep.

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #4877 on: May 29, 2018, 06:28:21 am »

No matter the sport. Fans of the losing team always blame the refs/umpires. Clockwork.

and this is forgetting to mention I am not a fan of the Rockets or the Celtics.

Well then, what is my excuse???    Would love to hear this.    :wave

Your "orange" is "shite brown with lumps of undigested corn".

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #4878 on: May 29, 2018, 06:50:26 am »

Dubs over Cleveland in 5...The Gentlemans sweep.
tbf the refs missed that blatant elbow in kiev and that c*nt shudda been off
YNWA

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4879 on: May 29, 2018, 08:37:07 am »
Live by the 3 and die by the 3. Warriors were 16/39 behind the arc and Rockets were 7/44 which was the difference.