Author Topic: NO MORE TICKET EXCHANGES FOR THIS SEASON  (Read 55081 times)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
NO MORE TICKET EXCHANGES FOR THIS SEASON
« on: April 25, 2019, 10:50:50 am »
We will not be running any more exchanges this season and will be reviewing it over the summer.

This does not mean you are free to post in other threads asking for or offering tickets - you will receive a ban for doing this.

:wave

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: NO MORE TICKET EXCHANGES FOR THIS SEASON
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 01:26:38 pm »
aagh  :o
first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 01:46:36 pm »
Sounds fair enough. Anybody who has a spare, will have a load of people they can offer it to anyway, without needing to resort to a website such as this, so it would be pretty pointless.

The only thing I would say, and this could be a consideration for next season, is to maybe only open the exchange up for any last minute spares that genuinely become available. Maybe opening the exchange 24 hours before kick-off, or the morning of the game?

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 01:50:09 pm »
Fully understand this decision the clubs recent carry on has spooked everyone.
Kenny Godglish

Online rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 01:57:44 pm »
Well I think it is a rotten decision.  I have used a number of times over the years, mainly to get the odd ticket, and its been brilliant. 

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 02:00:36 pm »
Hopefully any deficiencies with the system can be ironed out by you guys over the summer as I think it’s a brilliant system when used correctly. It’s enabled me to go to games this year I wouldn’t have been able to and allowed me to meet other fans in the process. Fingers crossed.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 02:29:34 pm »
Understand the decision and the reason for reviewing. Equally, it'll be a shame to see it canned permanently.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2019, 02:36:31 pm »
Understand the decision for closing it until further notice and having to review it.

Would be a shame to see it close as that has helped me get to some games (especially Aways) that I wouldn't have got to without the Exchange including Gerrard's last game at Stoke
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline stuarth810

• Kemlynite
  • Sing sing sing, dont just sit sit sit
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2019, 06:56:14 pm »
What are the main reasons for this?

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2019, 07:53:09 pm »
Completely fair for the rest of the season in my opinion, although I was hoping to get a bit of luck with Newcastle away.

But just to throw my two cents about the Ticket Exchange more generally.

I’ve used (both ways) many, many times and made great mates and swapped tickets over the years I’ve been on this forum with zero issues. There is a spirit of trust and mutuality in many of these tickets I’ve either benefited from receiving or have had a spare ticket in our group come up.

The club may have their issue with sharing cards which I can understand but really their focus should be entirely fixed on touts to begin with. Groups of mates sharing tickets between themselves should surely not be an issue.

Further, this is a safe space. I generally know someone that’s a regular poster on here isn’t going to scam me of £40 or whatever. To think people now may look to sharing tickets via Twitter etc is actually more worrying. I’m a fairly anti-social bastard at  games but have met a lot of people through RAWK who have helped me / I’ve helped them.

Not trying to pressurise one way or another, but just wanted to put my (probably not that useful) view across.

Edit: how has this become an essay. I’ve used the exchange once this whole season.  ;D
YNWA.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2019, 06:21:39 am »
What are the main reasons for this?

The club are trying to weed out touts and coming down heavily on people passing on tickets.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2019, 06:35:33 am »
Sounds fair enough. Anybody who has a spare, will have a load of people they can offer it to anyway, without needing to resort to a website such as this, so it would be pretty pointless.

The only thing I would say, and this could be a consideration for next season, is to maybe only open the exchange up for any last minute spares that genuinely become available. Maybe opening the exchange 24 hours before kick-off, or the morning of the game?

Yeah, our current status has informed the decision to not have any more, not like if you're genuinely stuck you can't find an actual person you know in real life to take it off your hands!

Last minute - for home games it might work.

What I want to see is the club reviewing their policies on member returns and the credits system, there's too much emphasis on the cliff edge of missing one and making sure you keep all the credits.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2019, 08:07:04 am »
Well I think it is a rotten decision.  I have used a number of times over the years, mainly to get the odd ticket, and its been brilliant. 

It's not been taken lightly. Most home tickets aren't paper tickets anymore and the club are clamping down on touting of membership cards and season tickets.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2019, 05:36:39 pm »
It's not just homes. Next week is prime example. Pig of a game to go to for most reds. But it's on my doorstep.  Buses and car loads setting off at all times and there s a last minute no show on one.  Unlikely they will find some one at last minute to go that far. Pop it on ticket exchange, I pick it up, Bob's your uncle. 

The club hardly treats us well. Those poor saps who have been refreshing week after week for hours on end being a prime example.  If we can sort out a slack handful of tickets amongst us, why not just leave as be.

T

Offline Macca201188

• Kopite
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2019, 03:24:09 pm »
Sad but understandable decision, been my best outlet for tickets over the years. Thanks for all the help in that time. Hope the club change their policies as mentioned above.
The reds are comin up the hill boys....

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2019, 02:20:53 pm »
shame, i am heading to the last game but not holding up much hope

oh well

understand
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2019, 08:04:37 pm »
Yeah, our current status has informed the decision to not have any more, not like if you're genuinely stuck you can't find an actual person you know in real life to take it off your hands!

Last minute - for home games it might work.

What I want to see is the club reviewing their policies on member returns and the credits system, there's too much emphasis on the cliff edge of missing one and making sure you keep all the credits.

Yep, the club need to be more creative. I think I’ve got a relatively balanced view because I have passed on and been sorted out many times on here over the last 10 years and made some great travel contacts as well. But equally I have probably missed out in other ways due to the credit hunting that goes on.

I hope we manage to get a say through SOS, Tony Barrett etc on an innovative new club exchange system.
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Tetti

• RAWK Agony Aunt. Has a thing for gay singers...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • When you walk....
« Reply #17 on: May 4, 2019, 09:09:32 am »
Ah. Thats a shame. Was my best hope for remaining game(s) Fully support the mods though as the club is changing approach
Never give up

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #18 on: May 4, 2019, 09:17:47 am »
Just been quoted £300 for two tickets for today’s game,off someone who’s sorted me before,originally through the exchange...no chance out of principle I’m paying that for £30 tickets...Don’t know if they his tickets or not but my point is those spares probably would of been put on the exchange at face value..

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: May 4, 2019, 09:51:08 am »
Just been quoted £300 for two tickets for today’s game,off someone who’s sorted me before,originally through the exchange...no chance out of principle I’m paying that for £30 tickets...Don’t know if they his tickets or not but my point is those spares probably would of been put on the exchange at face value..

Don't think they would to be honest, anyone looking to profit from tickets will steer clear of the exchange, plenty of people looking for them.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 4, 2019, 11:43:41 am »
Don't think they would to be honest, anyone looking to profit from tickets will steer clear of the exchange, plenty of people looking for them.
aye, and plenty who’d be happy to pay a grand to do that stair run

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 4, 2019, 01:52:30 pm »
No-one likes a grass, but if there's a tout on here using the exchange he needs naming and shaming

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 5, 2019, 02:45:54 pm »
No-one likes a grass, but if there's a tout on here using the exchange he needs naming and shaming

Totally agree

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: May 5, 2019, 02:57:50 pm »

There’s a guy called Thomas Cook who I’ve reported to the club but they seem to be turning a blind eye
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #24 on: May 5, 2019, 04:46:05 pm »
Great shame this but understand the reasons. I've been sorted and sorted loads over the years without any issues whatsoever. Always a safe place to exchange tickets and you know that you're getting genuine tickets. Hope this can be resolved for next season
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: May 5, 2019, 06:26:08 pm »
The problem here is the club clamping down. If you want to be very specific, selling a spare on here even at fv isn’t giving it to a mate, which goes against the terms and conditions. Plus it wouldn’t surprise me if the club are on here snooping

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: May 5, 2019, 06:44:19 pm »
The problem here is the club clamping down. If you want to be very specific, selling a spare on here even at fv isn’t giving it to a mate, which goes against the terms and conditions. Plus it wouldn’t surprise me if the club are on here snooping
also swapping tickets (not necessarily for the same game, such as swapping a Newcastle away for a wolves home) probably breaks the t and c too

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: May 5, 2019, 06:56:36 pm »
From the clubs pov selling a spare online or swapping it isn’t really to a friend. The club knows ppl swap tickets within friend groups in person etc, but online it’s dodgy. I know they have moles on Twitter

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 7, 2019, 08:28:26 am »

If you honestly believe that, you're extremely naive.

Anyone offering tickets over FV on here is not welcome, can you let me know who it is.

Offline Istanbul_05times

• Anny Roader
  • He brought that cup back home
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2019, 03:07:56 am »
Why's it discontinuted...more and.more routes for gen fans gettjng.shut down
gary neville is really hayley cropper

Offline ianation

• Anny Roader
  • PSN: ianation
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2019, 09:06:30 am »

me too :(
PSN: ianation

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: July 6, 2019, 01:28:17 pm »
any news lads?

Online apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #32 on: July 6, 2019, 06:50:42 pm »
Be gutted if it closes for good. Used it loads both ways and never had a problem.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: July 8, 2019, 12:56:35 pm »
Hoping it's not a no-goer now?

RAWK has helped me out for aways so many times. Not many I know from games qualify (or ever have spares). Always feel a bit of a gimp sending unsolicited messages to people I might have previously met from RAWK etc asking "got any spares for _____?"  ;D
YNWA.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2019, 09:31:34 pm »
I hope this can be resolved. One of the main reasons I joined RAWK was for the ticket exchange. Having joined last year I patiently held back and deliberately did not ask for any tickets last season because I wanted to wait until I had posted enough and become known as (I hope) a reasonable poster who could be trusted.

Be a disaster for me if the exchange ends now or if the club comes down so hard that fans like me, ex-match-goers who now live away, are effectively blocked from attending the match. I don't have any other means of sorting spares, as I am not part of a mates circle anymore and live too far away to just bump into some guy in a pub with a spare for sale. I refuse on principle to use touts - never have done and never will do. I only ever sold tickets at FV and will only buy at FV.

I used to attend matches regular but had to stop for various reasons; I'm desperate to start attending again, hence signing up here. But that likelihood seems to be receding.  :(
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2019, 10:15:28 pm »
I think the problem now is that demand far exceeds supply. And many people with past loyalty are missing out.
We are the Champions , Champions of Europe

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2019, 10:19:18 pm »
This is a safe place for exchanging tickets for fv which i've used both ways many times without any hassle. Would hate to have to use the likes of Twitter going forward. The element of trust is almost completely removed then.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2019, 11:05:46 pm »
If we want to ensure the integrity of the exchange limit the posts required to post to 200, even 500.  Not read all of this thread so not sure why the continuance of the exchange should even be questioned?
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2019, 08:29:25 am »
If we want to ensure the integrity of the exchange limit the posts required to post to 200, even 500.  Not read all of this thread so not sure why the continuance of the exchange should even be questioned?

There is a line of thought that tickets should be allocated on loyalty. Attendance at previous matches.
We are the Champions , Champions of Europe

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2019, 08:33:25 am »
its not so much that its because the club come down on people harshly who at times cant make it to a game and give their ticket to a mate.

at times the said mate might not know his way around Anfield and end up at wrong turnstile/seat or doesn't scan his ticket right, a steward comes over and asks where they got it from and at times their mind is made up that the ticket is got by touting of some form

so because another person is using a ticket that's not normally theirs the season ticket holder is suddenly barred

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=334543.0 this for example. and this

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=325541.0
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR