Author Topic: PRE MATCH THREAD: Sparta Prague vs Liverpool Thursday 7th March, 17.45 ko  (Read 13758 times)

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
Hope we can this one in the first half.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Gakpo, Nunez and Diaz. Who plays where?.

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Gakpo, Nunez and Diaz. Who plays where?.

Diaz on the right.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Strong line up that. Clearly wants to get this tie done and dusted and that's no bad thing. Gets some time into Mo's legs as well.

Wants to get it finished in this tie and rest players in the 2nd tie. Clearly that’s the mindset.

However, I expect changes at half time or around the 60th min.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Great line up.. Solid and strong.. Klopp not messing about in Europe..

So happy to see Salah on the bench..

F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
The line-up isn't a massive shock considering we have City home on Sunday and United away a week later.

Assume we're hoping to get a couple of goals lead which will make next Thursday a lot easier and allow us to rest a bit with that match at United a few days later.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Nice team. Looking forward to this, feels like much more than 3 months since our last European game.

Love that midfield.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
Stronger lineup than I expected with more first teamers that will play on Sunday starting.

Kelleher
Gomez-Konate-Quansah-Robertson
Mac-Endo-Elliot
Gakpo-Nunez-Diaz

There will definitely be subs occurring at half-time or around 50-60 minutes.  Could see something like the following...

Konate->VVD
Endo->Clark
Mac->Sozbo
Nunez->Salah
Robertson->Tsimikas

If we do manage to get up by 2-3 goals then probably some of these subs will be using the kids instead.  Mac and Endo are my biggest concerns as we need them, and our midfield, as fresh as possible for Sunday.
« Last Edit: March 7, 2024, 04:53:00 pm by cipher »
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
That's a fairly strong side. Not sure how I feel about it with City coming up, but in terms of tonights entertainment I'm happy.

Not too worried about the result as long as we don't lose and don't get any injuries. We should have enough to beat them at Anfield. That said, we really should be putting a few past them tonight since we're going so strong.

Start fast, try grab a couple of first half goals and make a few subs on 60.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
gone really strong with that team. so strong that you can see a lot of the players we may have had designs on 'resting'/'protected'/reducing minutes won't be able to.

-We won't remove both our senior DMs, and Mac , so think it means Endo goes 90 mins (making him starting sunday less likely).

-Bradley rested means he starts Sunday - whoever gets subbed off from Robbo/Gomez goes left back (discounting sub appearances/playing different role, on fullback form I think I'd want Gomez playing city)

-Szobo hopefully fit enough to start the weekend, after some minutes tonight

-Elliot's minutes will probably suggest whether he starts Sunday (could go madly technical, as is best against City, and hopefully play Szobo Elliot Mac mid).

-Salah comes on for the latest sub from Diaz/Nunez, who'll both obviously start Sunday.

Mac Diaz and Nunez have to be three of the subs. Plus a fullback. Plus potentially an hour for Konate then VVD takes his spot.
Tsimi, VVD, Salah, Szobo plus one of Clark/McConnell/Gordon

Seeing we're likely only bringing on one young player shows how strong we've gone. sinking a lot of seniors legs into this, so hope the result can help make the second leg close to resolved

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
The line-up isn't a massive shock considering we have City home on Sunday and United away a week later.

Assume we're hoping to get a couple of goals lead which will make next Thursday a lot easier and allow us to rest a bit with that match at United a few days later.

Yeah I'm not surprised by the line up either. Thought Van Dijk would start alongside Quansah as for some reason I have it my head Konate struggles with 2 games a week. Thought Tsimikas might start too. But it's a huge competition we want to win so it's about as strong as I thought it might be.

Hopefully next week we can rest a couple more depending on what happens tonight.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
gone really strong with that team. so strong that you can see a lot of the players we may have had designs on 'resting'/'protected'/reducing minutes won't be able to.

we won't remove both our senior DMs, and Mac , so think it means Endo goes 90 mins (making him starting sunday less likely).
Bradley rested means he starts Sunday - whoever gets subbed off from Robbo/Gomez goes left back (discounting sub appearances/playing different role, on fullback form I think I'd want Gomez playing city)
Szobo hopefully fit enough to start the weekend, after some minutes tonight
Elliot's minutes will probably suggest whether he starts Sunday (could go madly technical, as is best against City, and hopefully play Szobo Elliot Mac mid)
Salah comes on for Diaz/Nunez, who'll obviously start Sunday.

Mac Diaz and Nunez have to be three of the subs. Plus a fullback. Plus potentially an hour for Konate then VVD takes his spot.
Tsimi, VVD, Salah, Szobo plus one of Clark/McConnell/Gordon

Seeing we're likely only bringing on one young player shows how strong we've gone. sinking a lot of seniors legs into this, so hope the result can help make the second leg close to resolved

Endo will start at weekend.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Gerard00

• Anny Roader
Don't think this is a walkover to be honest - tough team from the looks of their results in league and Europe and they score goals. Will be a tough enough game and i'd happy to get back to Anfield with decent margins and finish it there.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Not especially surprised by the line up. Think we try to win games early before making changes. Although no doubt there will be some planned changes tonight regardless of the score.

Let’s get tonight won and worry about Sunday at about 7:45

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
Argh would have just played the kids, City have a massive advantage.
150 IQ never wrong.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Berger still looking fit these days. Good man.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not surprised with the strength of the team - Klopp has never really played the kids or a weakened team at the business end of the competition, especially away. The only one I'm slightly surprised by is Robertson - you would want him for City and Tsimi doesn't represent a significant drop off in quality.

Hopefully no injuries during the game (Sparta play quite rough football) and some planned substitutions for the likes of Konate, Mac, Endo, Nunez, and Diaz.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
Its not surprising the team is quite strong....klopp always does this.
Think of it this way, our senior players need to get back used to playing with eachother as much as possible too.

As long as there's no injuries it should be fine - I'm sure they will be able to last as long as they need to on the weekend too - I have a feeling some were held back abit

I like the idea of Szobo and Salah as options on bench
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
I'd like to see him too. If only to know that he doesn't quite cut the mustard.
Why hasn't Musialowski made the step up, can anyone who knows more about the youth/U21 set up hazard a guess?

A couple of years ago I thought he's be our new Fowler.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
Much stronger starting 11 than I was expecting. No injuries and any kind of result please lads!
- all in my opinion of course -

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Argh would have just played the kids, City have a massive advantage.

I am sure Klopp knows what he is doing.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Squad looks a bit better now. Stronger than I thought but I assume there will be full 5 changes.

COMON U REDMEN!!!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Happy with the line up and then you see the bench  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
Kelleher; Gomez, Konate, Quansah, Robertson; Endo, Mac Allister, Elliott; Diaz, Nunez, Gakpo.

Pretty strong, no injuries please.
As expected. Now, let's smash them!

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
Any win would be great but getting a few ahead and bringing off some players for City would be a bonus

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
Its not surprising the team is quite strong....klopp always does this.
Think of it this way, our senior players need to get back used to playing with eachother as much as possible too.

As long as there's no injuries it should be fine - I'm sure they will be able to last as long as they need to on the weekend too - I have a feeling some were held back abit

I like the idea of Szobo and Salah as options on bench
We can't play kids in a European away tie if we're serious about winning the trophy. These games are very difficult.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
Patrik Berger still looking good👍

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Just realised that midfield has the combined height of Van Dijk

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
Berger still looking fit these days. Good man.
I noticed that too  ;D