Author Topic: Euro away without credits  (Read 101828 times)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: Euro away without credits
« Reply #400 on: September 3, 2018, 12:58:48 pm »
Going of what they've done in the past, by the time we get to the Paris game, the credits for Napoli and Belgrade will come into the mix.

So if you've got four from last season but jib those games (or one of them) Paris might be more difficult.

So 4 from last season should be OK for Red Star if you're not doing Napoli, do you think?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #401 on: September 3, 2018, 01:17:49 pm »
I can't remember how many I have from last season! :D I went to more than I have so might need to check my history online

How many were there, excl Kiev?
We are a team of one half.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #402 on: September 3, 2018, 01:20:35 pm »
What is the max period you can search on? No matter what dates I put in, it says no tickets found!  :-\
Ta

Oh, it just doesn't like it when you select aways! ::)
« Last Edit: September 3, 2018, 01:28:02 pm by Shanklygates »

Online Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #403 on: September 3, 2018, 01:20:52 pm »
I can't remember how many I have from last season! :D I went to more than I have so might need to check my history online

How many were there, excl Kiev?

Hoffenheim for the qualifier, Maribor, Spartak and Sevilla in the groups and then Porto, City and Roma in the knockouts.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #404 on: September 3, 2018, 01:22:43 pm »
Thank you!

4 then - Maribor on a mate's, didn't do Moscow, did Hoffenheim but it won't count I bet, and did the rest

Offline JohnRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #405 on: September 3, 2018, 02:17:13 pm »
Thank you!

4 then - Maribor on a mate's, didn't do Moscow, did Hoffenheim but it won't count I bet, and did the rest

Yeah Hoffenheim didn't go down as a credit

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: September 4, 2018, 10:37:06 am »
Can we have seperate threads for Belgrade an PSG?

Offline Icky

• Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Road
« Reply #407 on: September 4, 2018, 07:49:14 pm »
Will I be guaranteed a ticket for Red Star Belgrade with Kiev(Don't think it counts anyway)  Roma/United/Dortmund? Might book it if so
That would mean it dropping to one, which is unlikely.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #408 on: September 5, 2018, 07:04:57 am »
Hate to say it but them lot know how to run things.
https://www.manutd.com/en/tickets-and-hospitality/match-tickets/away-games/champions-league

Allocations given, tickets sold and a breakdown of how many has what credits. People can start booking flights knowing they have a ticket. Not like our shambles. How easy would it be for us to do the same?

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #409 on: September 5, 2018, 08:13:10 am »
Hate to say it but them lot know how to run things.
https://www.manutd.com/en/tickets-and-hospitality/match-tickets/away-games/champions-league

Allocations given, tickets sold and a breakdown of how many has what credits. People can start booking flights knowing they have a ticket. Not like our shambles. How easy would it be for us to do the same?

seen this myself earlier I've tweeted tony Barrett, peter moore and have also sent a email via lfc help to see if they can give me any answers why we can't? doubt anyone will reply
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: September 5, 2018, 09:30:26 am »
seen this myself earlier I've tweeted tony Barrett, peter moore and have also sent a email via lfc help to see if they can give me any answers why we can't? doubt anyone will reply

Because they would then have to be transparent as to ticket distribution, and there not a snowball's chance in hell that they will do that

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: September 5, 2018, 12:46:17 pm »
Would it work for ours, given the way ours are allocated, we would need to know if we'd been successful for the first game to know whether to apply for the second game, and so on. I guess it could be done somehow.

The only complaint the Mancs I know have about this new system (apart from there being not much prior warning of it) is that they're being charged up front for the tickets I think. They are being charged a random Ł55 for their December match in Valencia even though the two clubs haven't decided on a price yet. They will then get a refund or be asked for more as necessary.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2018, 12:49:37 pm by redgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: September 5, 2018, 12:51:14 pm »
Would it work for ours, given the way ours are allocated, we would need to know if we'd been successful for the first game to know whether to apply for the second game, and so on. I guess it could be done somehow.

The only complaint the Mancs I know have about this new system (apart from there being not much prior warning of it) is that they're being charged up front for the tickets I think. They are being charged a random Ł55 for their December match in Valencia even though the two clubs haven't decided on a price yet. They will then get a refund or be asked for more as necessary.

We don't even need to go that far. The Mancs know, and have published their allocations and breakdown of CAT 1's for all 3 games. We could do that and you could work out yourselves, from allocations of other matches if you have a chance of a ticket or not.

So that proves clubs know their allocations well in advance, yet our club waits till 2/3 weeks before the game to let the humble fan know

Online Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #413 on: September 5, 2018, 12:51:18 pm »

Just letting us know the allocations - which the Mancs seem to know for their games already - would be a start.

I'm sure that from there, it wouldn't be a giant leap for the club to suggest the number of previous credits that would likely be required. Even if they overstated to compensate for potentially high corporate demand - at least we'd have an idea.

Full transparency would be nice but in its absence, an indication would be helpful.
Long live the King

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: September 5, 2018, 12:54:09 pm »
Yep, fair enough, allocations would definitely help with booking trips. I've booked Belgrade but now sweating on whether we'll qualify.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: September 5, 2018, 12:54:27 pm »
Just letting us know the allocations - which the Mancs seem to know for their games already - would be a start.

I'm sure that from there, it wouldn't be a giant leap for the club to suggest the number of previous credits that would likely be required. Even if they overstated to compensate for potentially high corporate demand - at least we'd have an idea.

Full transparency would be nice but in its absence, an indication would be helpful.

Hmm transparency and Liverpool Ticket Office, think you're dreaming there mate  :D

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #416 on: September 6, 2018, 07:14:38 am »
Has using a more transparent system like Uniteds ever been put to the club by SOS or the like?

Offline riggerz

• Main Stander
« Reply #417 on: September 6, 2018, 11:23:53 am »
From a manc at work, apparently Valencia are charging them Ł85!!!

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #418 on: September 6, 2018, 01:21:35 pm »
Ł72 I heard :o. About time UEFA intervened and capped them

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #419 on: September 6, 2018, 01:35:47 pm »
From a manc at work, apparently Valencia are charging them Ł85!!!

Probably charging the home fans the same. I was looking to get tickets for the season opener against Atletico, as I was over there, and they
wanted 92 Euro's for a ticket.

Just looked on their website and the tickets roughly located where uts fans will be, for the game against Young Boys are 85 Euros
« Last Edit: September 6, 2018, 01:41:31 pm by Booze And Glory »

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: September 7, 2018, 09:33:21 am »
It's getting absolutely ridiculous now, and to the point where the match ticket now costs more than the travel expense in some cases

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #421 on: September 7, 2018, 10:22:29 am »
It's getting absolutely ridiculous now, and to the point where the match ticket now costs more than the travel expense in some cases

Got a feeling the PSG ticket will be more then my flights at Ł60

Online Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: September 7, 2018, 11:51:58 am »
Has using a more transparent system like Uniteds ever been put to the club by SOS or the like?

Be carefull what you wish for - I heard that at Southampton and Burnley away - United staff were pulling their supporters out of the line and checking the users matched the season ticket holder resulting in 3 year bans for some including people who gave the tickets to there brother or mate so a few could travel together -

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #423 on: September 7, 2018, 11:54:52 am »

Be carefull what you wish for - I heard that at Southampton and Burnley away - United staff were pulling their supporters out of the line and checking the users matched the season ticket holder resulting in 3 year bans for some including people who gave the tickets to there brother or mate so a few could travel together -

I think when the season ticket amnesty comes in then away tickets should be in the name of the user

Online Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: September 7, 2018, 12:00:58 pm »
Your going to end up with people going to the game on their own   - 

Say you go to away games with Joe one week he can't go but you still want to go and your brother can come with you, you won't be able to to take him in that scenario.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: September 7, 2018, 12:01:18 pm »
I think when the season ticket amnesty comes in then away tickets should be in the name of the user

Sounds great mate. Loads of people going the match on their own.

Just to clarify, people who have been doing aways for years now can't go to aways?
« Last Edit: September 7, 2018, 12:03:10 pm by Hightown Phil »

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #426 on: September 7, 2018, 01:08:19 pm »
Might actually give people who go the games a chance to get there own credits

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: September 7, 2018, 01:31:25 pm »
Might actually give people who go the games a chance to get there own credits

Well it won’t though will it? It’ll make it considerably harder for people who’ve been going to away games for years to get tickets.

Whatwe have isn’t broken, it’ll probably take someone trying to fix something that isn’t broken before everyone realises just how not broken it is.

I certainly don’t want us to have random collections at UK grounds and people bouncing round away ends asking for ID. If united want to tell people how many people have applied and how many people have how many credits then fine, but I’d rather we didn’t have to experience their travails for what is ultimately a football match you’re attending either after work or on a day off.

There are people with access to cards with 19 games on who will lose them under what you propose. Attendance people have built up over 15 years taken away from them in exchange for the chance to run round like a headless chicken for a few years trying to build up those credits.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2018, 01:33:42 pm by Hightown Phil »

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: September 8, 2018, 01:46:56 pm »

just had a reply

" I am sorry to inform we are still awaiting to hear from our away clubs in relation to the number of tickets we will receive"

crap if you ask me!
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: September 9, 2018, 06:47:29 pm »
just had a reply

" I am sorry to inform we are still awaiting to hear from our away clubs in relation to the number of tickets we will receive"

crap if you ask me!

Absolute nonsense, how do United know theirs then?

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #430 on: September 9, 2018, 07:46:22 pm »
Absolute nonsense, how do United know theirs then?
And Spurs knew theirs the day after the draw...not only that but they also advised how many points are required to qualify for a ticket as well. Light years ahead of the amateurs that run our TO.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: September 9, 2018, 08:04:29 pm »
And Spurs knew theirs the day after the draw...not only that but they also advised how many points are required to qualify for a ticket as well. Light years ahead of the amateurs that run our TO.

Ours know end of. Nothing to do with being amateurs mate. They just don't want to transparent so they can make sure they can look after the corporates before telling us what's left.

Shysters and con men and of

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: September 10, 2018, 12:58:53 pm »

This would be horrible. I wish our fans would stop pushing for ID checks or whatever. It all can get very Tory very quickly.
YNWA.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: September 10, 2018, 01:30:47 pm »
This would be horrible. I wish our fans would stop pushing for ID checks or whatever. It all can get very Tory very quickly.

What is more Tory than a "elite closed shop" of people who play the system for their own benefit?
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: May 23, 2019, 05:49:23 pm »
Living in fantasy land but I now have access to a hospitality season ticket for aways if I need it.

Other than us drawing a Russian team (and presumably nobody being arsed to travel) - what potential scenarios would something drop down to all STHs?

Just don't want to have to faff hoping someone has a spare for me.
YNWA.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: May 23, 2019, 07:16:35 pm »
Living in fantasy land but I now have access to a hospitality season ticket for aways if I need it.

Other than us drawing a Russian team (and presumably nobody being arsed to travel) - what potential scenarios would something drop down to all STHs?

its going to take at least 5k allocation I think. barca was 4.8k was it? and it sold out on 1 credit. Although thats a semi final, earlier rounds may be easier

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #436 on: May 23, 2019, 07:23:50 pm »

Russia, Ukraine and Turkey would be the only places with big enough stadiums and lack of interests. Spartak was free to anyone, proof of travel was needed to keep credit mind. Will say there will be loads of interest should something like this happen again, 1 away and full homes guarantees final ticket, 1 away also opens up later rounds

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: May 24, 2019, 09:02:51 am »
Roma the year before went down to all STH's as 5k allocation but sold out quickly

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #438 on: May 24, 2019, 11:12:23 am »
Roma the year before went down to all STH's as 5k allocation but sold out quickly

Problem is now you need an allocation of over 5k for anything to drop to STH as everyone with Rome will I assume continue to buy. .

Does any team give an allocation of over 5k?

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: May 24, 2019, 11:19:53 am »
Problem is now you need an allocation of over 5k for anything to drop to STH as everyone with Rome will I assume continue to buy. .

Does any team give an allocation of over 5k?

Exactly this especially as people now know it guarantees you a final ticket. Not sure who else gives 5k+. IIRC it was surprising at the time at the size of the Roma allocation.