Author Topic: Today's shooting - The Sandy Hook Memorial Thread - Thoughts and Prayers  (Read 530154 times)

Online Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: This month's mass shooting in America. 14/02/18 - 17 killed in school shooting
« Reply #2320 on: February 20, 2018, 04:42:45 pm »
As Corkboy was posting a couple of pages back, if you are a nation that thinks of yourself as a democracy (and indeed the bestest democracy), and 80% of your population would like something to happen and yet it doesn't happen, then your democracy is broken.

I don't agree totally.

In the UK polls have consistently shown a preference for bringing back capital punishment. There has never been anything close to a majority in the Houses of Parliament, because MPs are far more familiar with the failings of the justice system.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: This month's mass shooting in America. 14/02/18 - 17 killed in school shooting
« Reply #2321 on: February 20, 2018, 05:22:46 pm »
I don't agree totally.

In the UK polls have consistently shown a preference for bringing back capital punishment. There has never been anything close to a majority in the Houses of Parliament, because MPs are far more familiar with the failings of the justice system.

But then doesnt that question those who represent us? In our case we have to assume the MP’s know best and make decisions based on their educated and more informed judgement.

In the case of America, are they inacting the correct level of judgement? There are lots of claims of politicians being in the pocket of the NRA. So are they acting the publics best interest by rejecting tighter gun controls?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #2323 on: February 20, 2018, 07:47:20 pm »
http://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/374608-supreme-court-refuses-to-hear-challenge-to-california-gun-law

Trying to remove gun laws. Yup definitely getting better ...

Your smugness is nauseatingly predictable at times lad, it really is

Did you even read the article?
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2324 on: February 20, 2018, 07:56:11 pm »
Your smugness is nauseatingly predictable at times lad, it really is

Did you even read the article?

Don't care what you think mate, they're now trying to remove gun laws. That's the state of it, instead of trying to enact tigher gun laws there are people actively trying to remove them.

Yes I read the article btw.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2325 on: February 20, 2018, 08:09:30 pm »
Don't care what you think mate, they're now trying to remove gun laws. That's the state of it, instead of trying to enact tigher gun laws there are people actively trying to remove them.

Clarence spat his dummy out because he wanted to rule on it.

Justice Thomas unleashes angry pro-gun rant while Parkland kids beg for their lives on television
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2326 on: February 20, 2018, 08:10:12 pm »
Donald Drumpf Jr. likes tweet smearing teen Parkland shooting survivor as an FBI stooge

As a long time observer of conspiracy nuts that ‘just wondering?...’ shite is disgusting. You see it all the time, including from Trump.  ‘I’m not saying I believe it but you know, I’m just wondering... could it be true?...’

Absolute c*ntish behaviour. Trump’s version is ‘we don’t know...’
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2327 on: February 20, 2018, 08:21:58 pm »
As a long time observer of conspiracy nuts that ‘just wondering?...’ shite is disgusting. You see it all the time, including from Trump.  ‘I’m not saying I believe it but you know, I’m just wondering... could it be true?...’

Absolute c*ntish behaviour. Trump’s version is ‘we don’t know...’

'lots of people are saying..'

They're laying the groundwork for Drumpf to come along and have a pop at the kids.

Jack Kingston gets my blood boiling,he is a fucking coward of a man,not got the balls to come straight out with his shite and never man enough to actually back himself when challenged,the Parkland lasses have been hammering him today.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #2328 on: February 20, 2018, 08:31:31 pm »
Jack Kingston gets my blood boiling,he is a fucking coward of a man,not got the balls to come straight out with his shite and never man enough to actually back himself when challenged,the Parkland lasses have been hammering him today.

I hate that they still give air time to him and others like him. They don't bring anything to the discussion. They are just there for controversy. At least they seem to have given the boot to that white haired guy whose name I've forgotten... The one who according to Anderson Cooper would still defend trump if he took a dump on his desk...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2329 on: February 20, 2018, 08:37:22 pm »
I hate that they still give air time to him and others like him. They don't bring anything to the discussion. They are just there for controversy. At least they seem to have given the boot to that white haired guy whose name I've forgotten... The one who according to Anderson Cooper would still defend trump if he took a dump on his desk...

Jeffrey Lord.He is a right slimy creep but CNN are twats for booking the likes of them,it is all well and good having two opposing points of view but those views have to be grounded in reality and not obvious lies.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #2330 on: February 20, 2018, 08:42:14 pm »

Did you notice that the people challenging California's 10 day waiting period on gun purchases are Calguns Foundation Inc and The Second Amend Foundation Inc?

I'm surprised you didn't come out with "Oh look! Pro gun organisation in pro gun rights news story shocker!! Surprise Surprise!!!", which is normally your type of Jazz

Also, did you note that collectively, the Supreme court refused to hear the case? And that California's law on 10 day waiting periods was actually upheld?

Just because 1 Supreme court justice shares similar views to a couple of pro gun organisations doesn't mean that the entire judiciary or general population share the same views

You seem to be doing a hell of a lot of tarring with the one brush
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2331 on: February 20, 2018, 08:42:17 pm »
Yeah that's him. And I agree on having opposite view points on a show. It might be a problem to find reasonable people for the conservative/Trump side because no reasonable person would want to be associated with that...

Offline Antoine Lavoisier

• Anny Roader
  • the torchlight red on sweaty faces
« Reply #2332 on: February 20, 2018, 08:58:11 pm »
Where's this 80% figure come from?
And in short, I was afraid

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 09:04:15 pm by Billy The Kid »

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2334 on: February 20, 2018, 09:03:49 pm »

You know what Billy I haven’t attacked you at all, but for some reason you feel the need to have a go at me twice now. So piss off with your sanctimonious bullshit. Go post of on Facebook about it.

What you seem to be conveniently missing is the point! Instead of people trying to enact gun laws that prevent murders, they’re actively trying to repeal them!

This is the last interaction I will have with you.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #2335 on: February 20, 2018, 09:39:34 pm »
You know what Billy I haven’t attacked you at all, but for some reason you feel the need to have a go at me twice now. So piss off with your sanctimonious bullshit. Go post of on Facebook about it.

What you seem to be conveniently missing is the point! Instead of people trying to enact gun laws that prevent murders, they’re actively trying to repeal them!

I'm not attacking you. I'm challenging you on the fact that you're oversimplifying a political issue that is a lot more complex and nuanced than you're making it out to be

Also, just because a minority group of people want to repeal certain gun laws doesn't mean that the wider populace share the same view

You're tarring a lot of people wit the one brush. Don't you see that?

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2336 on: February 20, 2018, 10:03:39 pm »
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2017/oct/03/chris-abele/do-90-americans-support-background-checks-all-gun-/

Ah so it's on background checks only - I was hoping it was something a little more substantial. I think that's just a poll on "common sense" really. I'd like to see those figures on the question of "Should all (insert ridiculous weapon here) type rifles be banned?"

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #2337 on: February 20, 2018, 10:13:03 pm »

I think we should applaud the fact that the court refused the case- mark it down as a victory. Perhaps in a different year, the law might have been repealed, but I'd like to think some attitudes are starting to change. Now, if you want to blast Florida for refusing to even consider a proposal to ban assault rifles (which they did today), then I'm right there with you.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #2338 on: February 20, 2018, 10:40:41 pm »
Ah so it's on background checks only - I was hoping it was something a little more substantial. I think that's just a poll on "common sense" really. I'd like to see those figures on the question of "Should all (insert ridiculous weapon here) type rifles be banned?"

Yes, it's based on background checks, which although is not sweeping reform, is still a good start, and at least evidences that unlike the NRA, the majority of Americans are sensible enough to recognize that allowing mentally unstable people to own a fire arm is a serious hazard. A point which some posters seem to be failing to grasp

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2339 on: February 20, 2018, 10:57:24 pm »
This pretty much says it all. I started watching a Samantha Bee piece on the Florida mass shooting and only realised it was a different Florida shooting from 2016 when they put the shooter's picture up.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2340 on: February 20, 2018, 11:09:30 pm »
Yes, it's based on background checks, which although is not sweeping reform, is still a good start, and at least evidences that unlike the NRA, the majority of Americans are sensible enough to recognize that allowing mentally unstable people to own a fire arm is a serious hazard. A point which some posters seem to be failing to grasp

I agree, but surely that is setting the bar incredibly low? I mean shouldn't it just simply go without saying that complete and thorough background checks should be carried out covering all areas of suitability? I'd of thought, personally, that such measures would be set into the very foundation of any law governing the implementation of a licence? But anyway, the fact that 80% of Americans are in favour of it raises two things in my head, 1) why the fuck is such a question even up for "debate" and 2) who the fuck are the 20%? 

It's a wonderful place, America, for so many reasons but for so may other, it scares the shit out of me. I don't like to lump complex issues into one box here or there but when I here things like 3% own 90% of weapons and X amount of politicians are in favour of further restrictions and the majority of people in the US want less of this and more of that in favour of tighter gun laws - I look back and see the figures on mass shootings and deaths of children in schools and I find it very difficult indeed to come to any other conclusion than one lot of figures can't be true, because I know the number of dead children speaks for itself.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 11:12:29 pm by Antoine Lavoisier »

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2341 on: February 20, 2018, 11:11:09 pm »
This pretty much says it all. I started watching a Samantha Bee piece on the Florida mass shooting and only realised it was a different Florida shooting from 2016 when they put the shooter's picture up.

I did the exact same thing - I think I was a couple of minutes in when I checked the date the video was posted and realised, stopped the video and shook my head.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2342 on: February 21, 2018, 08:07:42 am »

I did the exact same thing - I think I was a couple of minutes in when I checked the date the video was posted and realised, stopped the video and shook my head.

Yup, me too, and I would imagine we aren’t the only ones. 

I see a certain section of the pro gun lobby are celebrating the Florida vote to not even discuss gun control in the state, and are actively gloating and trying to goad the teenage survivors. 

I just don’t know what’s wrong with these people. It seems to a certain section these kids are simultaneously too young to drink, old enough to buy a gun, but at the same time too young to be able to speak coherently or organise a protest, whilst old enough to gloat and laugh at despite being in mourning and finally immature enough to be waved away and told to pipe down at let the adults talk.

I thought it was bad being young in this country, but it seems utterly depressing to be a kid in America these days. The way a large section of society treat young people is disgusting if you ask me. Not that anyone is...

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2343 on: February 21, 2018, 08:56:46 am »
Yup, me too, and I would imagine we aren’t the only ones. 

I see a certain section of the pro gun lobby are celebrating the Florida vote to not even discuss gun control in the state, and are actively gloating and trying to goad the teenage survivors. 

They're not bothered even goading them. They're discrediting them by saying they are either actors and not genuine victims or that just because they are victims of gun crime doesn't make them experts on gun crime.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/benjamin-kelly-shawn-harrison-parkland-school-shooting-conservative-media/
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2344 on: February 21, 2018, 11:03:43 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Oa0tSw2iV5o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Oa0tSw2iV5o</a>
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2346 on: February 21, 2018, 12:10:16 pm »

In more stupid Florida news, they clearly have their priorities in order:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/florida-shooting-latest-assault-weapons-ban-blocked-republicans-label-porn-public-safety-risk-a8220451.html

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2347 on: February 21, 2018, 01:33:33 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TXpEf1QKcXk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TXpEf1QKcXk</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Z0vLiQLpsc8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Z0vLiQLpsc8</a>
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #2349 on: February 21, 2018, 02:20:34 pm »
The gun right activists will come up with anything to defend their right to bear arms.

1. Hotel security.
2. Mentally ill.
3. Religious nutcase.
4. Ethnicity.
5. Skin colour.

And in this series...

6. The shooting was a drama by the gun control activists and that the kids that died, were all actors.

Gosh that country is fucked in an grand manner (and in a negative connotation). It is one legislation away from a fully blown civil war.

Offline Not that Gareth

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2350 on: February 21, 2018, 04:11:24 pm »
They've pushed the false flag narrative before, half of them are insane, the other half are manipulative pieces of shit but they used to be on the fringe now they have embedded themselves at all levels of the republican party like an infectious parasite. The Ruskies love it.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2351 on: February 21, 2018, 06:35:42 pm »
Another thing that should be heartbreaking is that little kids are being put into positions where stuff like this is part of their school life:

http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/18/boy-10-tells-mum-he-would-give-his-life-to-protect-his-class-in-a-school-shooting-7321974/

Bloody hell... They use kids as human shields? How fucked up is that? The need to have those drills is reason enough to see that there is something going seriously wrong in your society. 

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2352 on: February 21, 2018, 10:14:53 pm »
Watching the Trump "listening session" is bizarre. Haven't seen all of it, but so far it has been a father asking for people in schools being armed and all schools doing safety drills and Trump being Trump...

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2353 on: February 21, 2018, 10:34:14 pm »
NEWS: Trump endorses arming teachers as a solution for school shootings. Says if football coach Feis at Douglas had been armed, that would have been "the end" of the shooting.

NEWS: Trump endorses arming teachers as a solution for school shootings. Says if football coach Feis at Douglas had been armed, that would have been "the end" of the shooting.

My

Fucking

God.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2354 on: February 21, 2018, 10:41:02 pm »
Watching the Trump "listening session" is bizarre. Haven't seen all of it, but so far it has been a father asking for people in schools being armed and all schools doing safety drills and Trump being Trump...

You didn't expect the group to include people who want stronger gun laws did you ?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2355 on: February 21, 2018, 10:45:09 pm »

My

Fucking

God.

Ha, incredible. Why not just train Army and Police to be teachers instead?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2356 on: February 21, 2018, 10:45:59 pm »
Ha, incredible. Why not just train Army and Police to be teachers instead?
We’ve tried that here... don’t joke .
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2357 on: February 21, 2018, 10:46:27 pm »
So teachers are supposed to be educators, parents, coaches and now body guards. :lmao :lmao

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2358 on: February 21, 2018, 10:47:53 pm »
Hang on ... did some of the Florida relatives (who lost their own kids) in this Trump talk suggest guns be leagally allowed in schools? What the fuck is happening?
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2359 on: February 21, 2018, 10:49:39 pm »
We’ve tried that here... don’t joke .

So that they can control unruly kids? Obviously being America things multiply in scale.