Author Topic: Pre-match: Bournemouth vs Liverpool - Saturday 8th December (12.30pm)  (Read 23444 times)

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Re: Pre-match: Bournemouth vs Liverpool - Saturday 8th December (12.30pm)
« Reply #40 on: December 6, 2018, 12:30:57 pm »
Just win. Please. In whatever way you can, lads. A horrid, boring, scrappy 1-0 through an own goal will do just fine.

Alisson
TAA - Matip - VVD - Robbo
              Fabinho
Keita (HAS to start) - Milner
    Salah - Firmino - Mane

If you start Keita in this one, are you starting him against Napoli and United?

I'm not adverse to him staring this weekend but can't see him starting 4 games on the run.

Who plays will depend a bit on injuries. Are Robertson, Mane, Clyne, Lovren going to be fit? I can see reasonably heavy rotation then we'll go relatively full strength against Napoli and United (maybe only 1 or 2 changes between them games)
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #41 on: December 6, 2018, 12:41:52 pm »
The likes of Fraser and Wilson can defo pose us problems with trickery and pace but Howe knows that we can hurt them on the counter.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #42 on: December 6, 2018, 12:47:52 pm »
If you start Keita in this one, are you starting him against Napoli and United?

I'm not adverse to him staring this weekend but can't see him starting 4 games on the run.

There's a five day gap between Napoli and United and he hasn't played loads of football. If I had to bet on it I'd probably agree with you that it won't happen, but I think it's possible.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: December 6, 2018, 12:53:47 pm »
Van Dijk, I think he may get rotated if Lovren is fit an while I don't like the Lovren Matip partnership, at some point we got to rotate him once.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: December 6, 2018, 12:57:09 pm »
Thinking about it we should put out a strong team for this one and napoli and rest against mid table shite like united.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: December 6, 2018, 12:57:50 pm »
Relentless pace now, in terms of fixtures.

The squad depth will be used I'm sure over the coming weeks. Many of those who came in against Burnley did well and made a case to stay in the side (Sturridge, Keita, Milner).

I'd say the Napoli and United games will have an influence on the selection here.  It feels like we're moving more towards 4-2-3-1 as our main formation now. I think Klopp will favour the likes of Gini and Milner for those two games as they have his trust perhaps more than the newer signings, I'd expect something like this for Bournemouth

Becker

TAA     Matip         VVD         Moreno

Fabinho     Henderson

Shaqiri          Bobby            Origi (or Mane if fit)

Salah

It's just a shame that beating these would do United a favour and perhaps help them retake seventh  ;D

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: December 6, 2018, 12:59:52 pm »
Van Dijk, I think he may get rotated if Lovren is fit an while I don't like the Lovren Matip partnership, at some point we got to rotate him once.

Hope not. Hope he plays every fucking game
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: December 6, 2018, 01:03:30 pm »
Hope not. Hope he plays every fucking game

In a fantasy world I'd hope for the same.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: December 6, 2018, 01:40:40 pm »
Just wanted to add to the nice comments about the OP. Was a really interesting read and a great start to the thread. Was aware, but not to that degree, of the achievements of Howe. To survive with a 17pt deficit is a hell of an achievement on its own, let alone to follow that up with 3 promotions. Clearly a smart, intelligent manager who learns and evolves with the game. One of the good guys.

All that said, let's hope we take them apart on Saturday. I'd love a couple of early goals and a comfortable game ahead of a crucial CL game and an emotionally charged dog fight coming next weekend.

Certain starters for me are Alisson, Lovren, Van Dijk, Gini, Bobby & Mo. Rest depend on injury, fitness etc. Think we're capable of winning here almost regardless of the lineup, just make sure the attitude and performance is right. Result *should* follow.

Online apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #49 on: December 6, 2018, 01:57:57 pm »
Been 3 times and won all 3 scoring 9 goals. Hopefully this continues on Saturday. Nice little ground and cheap parking if you get there early.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: December 6, 2018, 02:07:15 pm »
I think what Howe has achieved is as close to the likes of Clough, or Fergie at Aberdeen, as we can get in the modern era. People talk about Ranieri and Leicester's 5000-1 title win, but let's not forget they had a lot of money too. What price would Bournemouth have been to be 7th in the English league within 10 years of the day they received their 17 point deduction in League 2?

I think after 7 changes on Wed night at Burnley, we will see close to a full strength team on Sat. TAA at RB, Lovren at CB. Wijnaldum, Fabinho, Keita. Usual front three.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #51 on: December 6, 2018, 02:36:30 pm »
Now would be a good time to get back to our well trusted 433 and start twatting teams again.

Fab, Naby and Gini with Bobby as false 9 to start playing proper football again and scoring goals for fun. Experiments time is over hopefully and we'll get back to the shape that gives us the best balance. Fab and Naby got a bit of confidence lately with some good performances so the time maybe ripe for us to do what we're built for as a team. Bournemouth is also just the kind of team playing with a style that suits us perfectly.

Let the season really start from here.

Agreed. This is match where our technical ability and skill can win it. That midfield would dominate.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: December 6, 2018, 02:37:28 pm »
Lewis Cook ACL injury. Out for the rest of the season.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #53 on: December 6, 2018, 02:45:56 pm »
Midfield is a tough call for this one, think Hendo/Gini/Milner would be the logical choice
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #54 on: December 6, 2018, 02:48:27 pm »
I think Fabinho and Wijnaldum will come back into midfield for this one, they are rested and I think Klopp wants maximum experience on the pitch against Napoli (Hendo + Milner).
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: December 6, 2018, 02:56:28 pm »
Midfield is a tough call for this one, think Hendo/Gini/Milner would be the logical choice

Hendo and Milner have played 90 minutes yesterday. Gini and Fabinho probably will start, not sure who is going to be the third midfielder.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: December 6, 2018, 02:57:46 pm »

Not for me, that midfield just isn't dynamic enough. You want one of Keita or Shaq with 2 of those, otherwise it all gets a bit crabby.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: December 6, 2018, 03:27:08 pm »

. Granted Borunemouth won't be sitting back so there will be opportunities for us to counter press and create chances that way, but those 3 only work in certain matches, and I am not sure this will be one of them.

Seeing as that Milner and henderson played full 90 minutes, Wijnaldum and Fabinho are both starting Saturday, the question is who is the 3rd midfielder.

Shaqiri has played in the last 3 matches or so, maybe even 4, so something has to give. If Keita does play again this weekend which on second thought I believe he will to keep momentum off the back of this performance he may not play the full 90 and that way he can take part against Napoli.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: December 6, 2018, 03:28:41 pm »
I really hope we don't see this midfield, Bournemouth will harass us high up the pitch, we need someone who can slip through the gaps and help us break forward. Maybe Shaqiri could play here and then miss out against Napoli.

It could work if Gini plays as the midfielder making the transition in the final third like he does for Holland, otherwise I agree, I wouldn't want to see it.

Having thought more about it, I think Klopp will continue with Keita to keep him in rhytm, and perhaps he doesn't play the full 90 against them, and takes part against Napoli still.

Shaqiri has played a lot of games as well, so I imagine he will be rest and Keita will play.

Fabinho Wijnaldum Keita, would be really good in this match

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: December 6, 2018, 03:40:48 pm »
No Lewis cook is big. He’s a tidy player.

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: December 6, 2018, 04:11:56 pm »
No Lewis cook is big. He’s a tidy player.
No it's not. Bournemouth fans are continously saying he's looked out of his depth in a number of games this season and recently he's fighting for his position (some even attributing his injury to playing under pressure/fear of losing his postion) 

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #61 on: December 6, 2018, 04:20:49 pm »
Napoli and then United after this, yes? I want Robertson as fresh as possible for United, he'll thrive in that game. So I'd let Moreno keep his place for this. Fabinho will come back in I think, and the only way Keita doesn't start is if Klopp wants to keep him for Napoli and United. But in saying this, we only TWO points behind the best ever team to grace the universe in City so we cant be looking too far ahead. Bournemouth pose a genuine threat and Eddie Howe surely isn't long in staying there, he'll make a step up over the next year or so IMO.

The news about Gomez isn't great and Trent can't be playing a game every 3 or 4 days at his age, so Clyne has to come back in you feel at some point. It probably wont be tomorrow though. Play our usual front three, get the win and put some pressure on City for the later game. Sounds easy doesn't it?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: December 6, 2018, 05:13:54 pm »
I really like Bournemouth.  Shame we have to beat them.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #63 on: December 6, 2018, 05:30:54 pm »
Could be one of those matches affected by weather conditions[i'm not saying it'll be called off], it's mostly dry, but 55-60mph winds are forecasted throughout the day.
#Sausages

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #64 on: December 6, 2018, 06:17:03 pm »
Come on Redmen!!
Great OP thanks. I agree as above that Cook is a big loss for them and although gutted for Joe, pleased to hear Lovren back in training so back 5 should be AB, TAA, DL, VVD & AR. I suspect midfield will be Fabinho, Gini + one of Milner or Hendo and top three may well be Shaq, Bobby and Mo.
I think they will be dangerous in the first half an hour and we need to get off to a stable start and start to dominate by that stage, then I think we will go on and beat them with a couple to spare. This also leaves Mane, hopefully fit to come in on Tuesday along with Keita and the other midfielder not starting from Hendo and Milner.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #65 on: December 6, 2018, 06:22:30 pm »

Yeah, let's start the midfield combination that has lost the most matches while playing together against sides that actually like to play a bit of football. Great logic there.

Offline Digger2God

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe IT!
« Reply #66 on: December 6, 2018, 06:23:35 pm »
Yeah, let's start the midfield combination that has lost the most matches while playing together against sides that actually like to play a bit of football. Great logic there.

Anything other than Naby, Gini, Fabinho is not the right answer...
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #67 on: December 6, 2018, 06:38:24 pm »
Could be one of those matches affected by weather conditions[i'm not saying it'll be called off], it's mostly dry, but 55-60mph winds are forecasted throughout the day.
Dont see how it can be played out in 55-60mph winds, no way the ball can stay stationary for goal kicks, free kicks,corners.
Better in that case for the game to be called off, it would make for a scrappy game anyways...might lead to fixture congestion somewhere but hopefully thats the case for everybody

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #68 on: December 6, 2018, 06:45:06 pm »
Just looked up the weather forecast, more manageable winds (20mph) forecast for Liverpool (also for the London area). So ours might be one of the few matches affected. Obviously can't be done for logistical reasons but switching the game to Anfield might have been one way to keep this on schedule. Based on current forecasts, i see there is a strong chance this gets postponed

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: December 6, 2018, 07:13:12 pm »
Sold out, I guess?

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: December 6, 2018, 07:15:51 pm »
Shit, didn’t check the weather. 60mph!
Almost as quick as Sadio.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2018, 07:18:34 pm by stjohns »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: December 6, 2018, 07:19:03 pm »
No Lovren in today's training photos, Lallana,Camacho were present, no Clyne either.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: December 6, 2018, 07:30:23 pm »
Dont see how it can be played out in 55-60mph winds, no way the ball can stay stationary for goal kicks, free kicks,corners.
Better in that case for the game to be called off, it would make for a scrappy game anyways...might lead to fixture congestion somewhere but hopefully thats the case for everybody

https://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/bournemouth/bh1-1/hourly-weather-forecast/326983?hour=57

According to this, it will be only 20 mph winds

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #73 on: December 6, 2018, 07:32:24 pm »
Hope we finally click

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: December 6, 2018, 07:34:38 pm »
Hope we finally click

There are starting to be some indications from the last two games that its coming. Keita might just be what;s missing (a bit like Ox last year).

Against Napoli is when we are really going to need it to click

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: December 6, 2018, 07:41:59 pm »
Thats not too bad then, game on!

Ironic given your name  ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: December 6, 2018, 07:45:40 pm »
Bournemouth were impressive against United and Arsenal in certain spells, but ultimately they lost both games. They had a go in both matches and I don't see them doing anything different. They also gave City a hard time for a period of the match We need to score first and don't give them any hope, they will leave gaps for us to exploit in any case.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #78 on: December 6, 2018, 08:04:01 pm »
I reckon the midfield will be Gini,Fabinho, Keita

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: December 6, 2018, 08:18:06 pm »
I agree that Bournemouth play some nice football but Howe is also a pragmatist and goes with big, powerful and quick centre forwards that his teams then try to hit with early balls forward.  I don't see any way that Van Dijk gets rested.

Off topic a bit but it's amusing they'd lost four games in a row before Tuesday but they're still ahead of Man Utd and Everton.  They also got battered for 80 of the 90 minutes against Huddersfield but to give them their dues they defended really well.