Author Topic: Spirit of Shankly  (Read 81954 times)

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Re: Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #600 on: May 5, 2021, 09:36:24 pm »
Love it or hate it you're not getting rid of me ;D
;D
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #601 on: May 5, 2021, 09:52:01 pm »
This was not a branch. It was the SOS members from Liverpool bemoaning fans from out of Liverpool coming to watch matches.

Using terms like 'get the yanks out' - their nationality is irrelevant.

Like i say, if you want to be taken seriously cut the crap out and grow up.
Not sure who you're referring to here exactly - but, I've never heard any SoS member 'bemoan' OOT supporters or utter xenophobic comments. Are you sure the quote you've used doesn't refer to our previous owners, who were a cancer on our club who most I knew wanted rid of ? In all my time as a member of SoS I've always found the people I've met and come across very helpful and courteous.

Offline AmSeeker

• ABbitOfAnAttention
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #602 on: May 5, 2021, 10:02:27 pm »
Be arsed replying to him mate.

Yeah why bother responding to allegations of xenophobia / racism.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #603 on: May 5, 2021, 10:08:30 pm »

I agree, Hij is the biggest xenophobic, racist twat on here.  He's a Complete unreasonable, racist c*nt.

With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #604 on: May 5, 2021, 10:09:16 pm »

I hope you have some evidence to back that up.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: May 5, 2021, 10:10:22 pm »
Fuck me. I'll retire back to the Rattle for a bit.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #606 on: May 5, 2021, 10:20:50 pm »
Doubt it she died in the 70s.

:D Sorry.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #607 on: May 5, 2021, 10:25:42 pm »
I agree, Hij is the biggest xenophobic, racist twat on here.  He's a Complete unreasonable, racist c*nt.

:lmao
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #608 on: May 5, 2021, 10:28:06 pm »
Sorry, I’m lost. There was a decent discussion going on and suddenly someone’s throwing accusations of racism around. That’s extremely serious, so can you back up what you’re saying please?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #609 on: May 5, 2021, 10:29:13 pm »
Sorry, I’m lost. There was a decent discussion going on and suddenly someone’s throwing accusations of racism around. That’s extremely serious, so can you back up what you’re saying please?

They can't. They've been blindly throwing it about for most of the day.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #610 on: May 5, 2021, 10:33:16 pm »
:D Sorry.

Never met her mind so what can ya do.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: May 5, 2021, 10:37:28 pm »
I wonder if he knows how the local allocations came to be, which rep's of the old supporters committee were on board with it and why, etc.

Offline AmSeeker

• ABbitOfAnAttention
  • Main Stander
« Reply #612 on: May 6, 2021, 04:35:38 am »

Members of SOS using online platforms in the past, social media to whinge about fans that were getting tickets for the matches that were not from Liverpool, along with a constant rhetoric that local fans should be prioritised. Furthermore, the constant abuse towards FSG with the termonology 'get the yanks out'.

If this sort of nonsense is not in keeping with SOS, then members who sprout such nonsense should be booted out.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2021, 05:24:55 am by AmSeeker »

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #613 on: May 6, 2021, 08:25:04 am »
Members of SOS using online platforms in the past, social media to whinge about fans that were getting tickets for the matches that were not from Liverpool, along with a constant rhetoric that local fans should be prioritised. Furthermore, the constant abuse towards FSG with the termonology 'get the yanks out'.

If this sort of nonsense is not in keeping with SOS, then members who sprout such nonsense should be booted out.
SOS campaigned for changes that would help towards one of their many aims, which was preserving the local identity of LFC as part of the reason we became a global brand in the first place. FSG listened and (unlike yourself) took the time to understand that specific issue, and subsequently made changes that gave local L postcode supporters slightly more opportunity to buy tickets. Does that make FSG racist and xenophobic as well?

As for Thanks but no yanks etc, that was mainly directed at H&G and used as the term yanks as it’s easier to rhyme on a banner than “Americans”. Is yanks an offensive term? If so, then most Brits, myself included, don’t realise it. Either way, it wasn’t used to insult them as Americans...it was used because they WERE Americans. If they’d been from London and were trying to destroy the club, it would’ve been ‘Cockneys out’. Yanks out wasn’t anything to do with racism. It was the easiest way to describe them.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #614 on: May 6, 2021, 09:44:24 am »
Careful now.

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
« Reply #615 on: May 6, 2021, 01:11:03 pm »
As long as SOS are reasonable, I like the idea of them consulting the club on certain issues.  Even the club just getting a grasp of what the fans want, so they know the increase in ticket prices, the Super League proposals etc are a no go, so we don't even hear about them publicly (although I still think it might have been done to force change in the game for good).

I'm not against a Super League.  It was the fact all teams didn't have a chance to participate in it.  If the new Super League was basically a CL but screwing over corrupt UEFA, then I'm all for that!

SOS have done a lot for our club to protect it, especially when H&G were owners. 

I think having them on certain meeting to consult with (even if they don't have a vote) would really help us moving forward.  As the club know that if the fans don't like something we still have huge power to make sure it doesn't happen, based on recent events. 

FSG don't need to change much.  Consult with Klopp & SOS more, let's stop the few mistakes occurring and business as usual. 

The game needs changing not our owners and I'm glad SOS recognise that with the voting.

Offline Jay_Mc

• Kopite
« Reply #616 on: May 6, 2021, 02:37:32 pm »
For reasons unknown, as this won't help my sanity in anyway, I have read the last half a dozen pages or so and thought it worthwhile to post a reply.

For disclosure, I was the Chair of SOS for quite a few years, and spokesperson etc.

A few comments have gotten my interest, and up for discussing them more with those who've posted them and I will try and reference them here rather than quote posts, if anyone wants to engage on it.

On Amseekers comments about racism/xenophobia. I'm not seeing a specific allegation, of what was said or by whom. SOS members is a broad statement, and they won't have been saying it on behalf of SoS. So it's not reflective of SoS, in the same way being a Liverpool ST holder doesn't make my views reflective of LFC and its support. On the wider point about the use of 'Yanks' etc in the Hicks and Gillett campaigning. There wasn't a delibreate antagonism, it was used for campaigning purely because of how it fitted. Maybe in hindsight we may not use that, but it isn't xenophobic or racist.

Some comments from Alan X and I think one or two others about things SOS have said or the tone of the statements. That's fair, and at times our statements might not have appealed to everyone or got the right tone - there was a period post Hicks and Gillett and the first few years of FSG, were it felt like at times fans were in a different place (not just SOS membership). But we reflected on that, and in my opinion, supporters came back towards us more than it did the ownrship in questions about what they were doing and how. I think if they were honest the would say their first half, and second half of their ownership tenure are very different. They will have learnt and so will we. Those statements or sentiments as you describe, if they were wrong or a mistake made (and I am speaking generally as I don't know which ones and I think for all our sakes, typing it out back and forth on a forum doesn't do us any good but a pint one day might be the place) they were done so honestly.

There is though a fundamental point in how supporters, and SOS in this instance, are viewed for 'mistakes' they make versus club executives and owners. I'd argue pretty strongly that SOS have been wrong less than the owners have, and certainly not made the scale of 'mistakes' that the ownership or executives have, yet were judged to a different standard. I know it exists, and I have learnt to live it with, but it doesn't make it right. Do each get it right all the time? No. But do each get the same response for not doing so? I wouldn't say so.

On the wider points of who the fan representatives should be, I think it's worth splitting this up into a few comments. It's worth pointing out, though I am not involved, I don't think there is a fixed position on how SOS would identify and choose its representatives, and I think personaltly there are ways to make it inclusive whilst retaining some important elements. (Plus never mind what it would practically mean for the supporter representative and how it would change their life, and not positively)

There is the principle and history to this, which gives it context. Who (other than SOS) has sought to represent the views of supporters and give them a voice, on a range of issues that affect supporters? If there were other groups, I would see the argument for more plurality. But there aren't, not on these issues. No one else has started a group, sought to be an alternative, or anything else. Trust me, in the last decade, I would have happily given someone everything I know and told them to crack on and wish them all the best. SOS have advocated for supporter representation since the very beginning. They have been the ones the club, the PL and others including recently the Prime Minister (though you will understand why the invitiation was declined) have gone to speak to. They are the supporters trust, of which there can only be one at each club, which comes with certain responsibilities, which is the vehicle for supporter representation and ownership. It was also the proposed vehicle for various political party manifesto commitments, including from Labour, for putting supporters onto the boards of football clubs. So having been the representative body on these issues, and the most appropriate for such a mechanism, why wouldn't they say it should be done through SOS? Why should it be another group or version, in which no one has advocated for this?

There is mention of another rep, for the wider support. The supporters committee has been mentioned. But I think you end up with something closer to Chelsea's version which is 'selection and election' or the worst of fan forums we see at other clubs. It has to have independence for me. The club, having anted to try and sideline SOS after the Hicks and Gillett ownership stuff, set about with the creation of a supporters committee. A few SOS committee members got on through the 'application' process and over the years more got on, including when the club did introduce 'some democracy' through an election after selection. Each time, the SOS member won an election. Each committee member had a consituency to represent - away fans, members young etc. Then, after the walkout which was supported by the Supporters Committee, the club disbanded that and created fans forums. SOS put forward a propsal that they engage through SOS. The clubs version of a forum was to bring over members of the SC and some others who applied to five forums on different topics, and SOS had fixed seats on each of these.

These were less representative, as there was no way for the supporters to be contacted formally to share concerns and address feedback. The SC did not build in accountability, as there was no way to know that the views of those who were emailing and contacting were what was being shared at meetings. There was no 'calling out' the club on answers or questioning things. This still remained the role of SOS. The SC had some public meetings. There were often more on the top table than in the room, and the room was mainly SOS and Spion Kop members having to go through the SC to get answers. One such meeting led to the black flags and the creation of the Ticket Working Group as we were being ignored and the SC too. What has been constant is that formally or informally, privately and publicly, throughout various different guises, the club has engaged with SOS. It's gone full circle now in that there is greater engagement. And the club knows this is useful as it speaks for a wider representation, isn't something they or anyone else can fulfil, and they know SOS can and will be held to account. The 'Chelsea version' and the idea of another non SOS representative, leaves me asking why? How would they be held accountable to? How do you choose? And given the experiences above, would it work? I think you can use some of the methods for wider representation of all the fanbase stuff to help the SOS version be even better (access to contacting members, season ticket holders etc). It's worth noting we've asked to see survey results to understand ticketing changes, or do joint questionnaires. We even offered to have them share, or do a version, of our questionnaire on safe standing to make it even more representative. They've always declined. And it's worth noting, when we've spoken in rooms with the club and others, wider impacts on supporters have been discussed, whether that is membership, pricing, access, tv fixtures etc.

This of course, I think, doesn't actually address what should be a bigger consideration - what fans think a supporter on the board actually is, what it would entail, what it would mean for you (no more quiet pints!) and what it can actually achieve. A supporter on the board would be bound by all kinds of confidentialities and conflicts, and wouldn't be to take up your individual complaint or maybe even discussion on ticketing policy. Is it a job, volunteer, what info you get, how you consult etc.

I want the rol to exist - I think it fixes so many problems in football. But it creates many more for the individual.

What would you rather - Tell your kids you sat and moaned on an internet forum or that you done something about it

Join Your Union

www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #617 on: May 6, 2021, 02:42:30 pm »
As Vice Chair of SOS if we get a report of racism by a member we will address it.

I don't recall having received any reports.

Same with any other misconduct.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline The-Originals

• Main Stander
« Reply #618 on: May 6, 2021, 02:52:26 pm »
well done SOS keep up the good work in the local community
  i am renewing my membership later,
Allez Allez Allez.

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
« Reply #619 on: May 6, 2021, 02:52:40 pm »
Some comments from Alan X and I think one or two others about things SOS have said or the tone of the statements. That's fair, and at times our statements might not have appealed to everyone or got the right tone - there was a period post Hicks and Gillett and the first few years of FSG, were it felt like at times fans were in a different place (not just SOS membership). But we reflected on that, and in my opinion, supporters came back towards us more than it did the ownrship in questions about what they were doing and how. I think if they were honest the would say their first half, and second half of their ownership tenure are very different. They will have learnt and so will we.

Nice post Jay.

Particularly find this part reassuring.  I think with FSG being reasonable is much more fair (& makes us look better as a fanbase plus SOS themselves) than when we had H&G when we did need a more aggressive approach as clear, urgent & drastic changes were needed then.

As you say FSG have listened eventually & have probably learnt overtime.  They just need to consult with SOS (whoever they feel is best to represent us) & Klopp more to ensure these mistakes don't even happen.

Good to see!

Offline The-Originals

• Main Stander
« Reply #620 on: May 6, 2021, 03:06:34 pm »
Karen Elizabeth Gill
I am deeply grateful that the legacy of my grandad Bill Shankly is being preserved by SOS in a way that has meaning and completely reflects his ethos and the principles he held so dear.

In the years since the union was founded, I’ve watched how SOS have consistently held LFC to account and how vital they have been at times in guiding the club in supporter-related matters.
Allez Allez Allez.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #621 on: May 6, 2021, 03:13:49 pm »
Great work SOS.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #622 on: May 6, 2021, 04:53:26 pm »
Not really sure I'd be equating the choices made by people running a club that employees hundreds, pays millions and watched by hundreds of millions is at the same level as someone that organizes a group of fans.  So of course the mistakes made can't be equal as who they actually affect are just on completely different levels with actual ramifications for one and basically no ramifications for the other.  Don't really get that line of thought. 

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #623 on: May 6, 2021, 05:56:42 pm »
Good post Jay - and sound work by SoS

Offline Jay_Mc

• Kopite
« Reply #624 on: May 6, 2021, 06:06:13 pm »
Not really sure I'd be equating the choices made by people running a club that employees hundreds, pays millions and watched by hundreds of millions is at the same level as someone that organizes a group of fans.  So of course the mistakes made can't be equal as who they actually affect are just on completely different levels with actual ramifications for one and basically no ramifications for the other.  Don't really get that line of thought. 

SoS are judged more harshly for asking questions or passing comments about the club/owners that some think aren’t warranted, compared to things that owners or executives have said or done.

The club do the same - during the ticketing discussions back in 2015, that lead to the walkout, there was an agreement to share comms. They saw their arse, and I basically got asked to meet Billy Hogan and the head of comms, because they didn’t like the tone of something we put out. Even though it was quickly amended, and was just to get the views of supporters who would be affected by the new Main Stand. That was sorted. They said they we should run things by each other when releasing stuff in ticketing etc. I agreed. However they had ignored it when something that was said in a meeting with us (which was nonsense), and said  nowhere else, not even in an email afterwards, found it’s way into a newspaper report in the Telegraph.

Then when they announced the new prices, they completely ignored this again, sending it to us 10 minutes before they went live with the announcement. What they failed to do, was share it with us when drafting or when they shared it with journalists under embargo five hours earlier. They then saw their arse when we were able to quickly counter their spin, and used data they’d provided. Even though we had offered to sign confidentiality agreements and they never asked us to.

I’ve also seen emails where they’re critical of stuff I said about tickets, yet they had Ian Ayre give that interview in Melwood before the walkout.

I’d expect the paid professionals, doing this as a job and with more of them to be the ones held to a higher standard than supporters who are volunteers doing it around a job.
What would you rather - Tell your kids you sat and moaned on an internet forum or that you done something about it

Join Your Union

www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #625 on: May 6, 2021, 06:23:15 pm »
Not sure who you're referring to here exactly - but, I've never heard any SoS member 'bemoan' OOT supporters
Pull the other one.  I know loads.
Kill the humourless

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #626 on: May 6, 2021, 06:34:27 pm »
SoS are judged more harshly for asking questions or passing comments about the club/owners that some think aren’t warranted, compared to things that owners or executives have said or done.

The club do the same - during the ticketing discussions back in 2015, that lead to the walkout, there was an agreement to share comms. They saw their arse, and I basically got asked to meet Billy Hogan and the head of comms, because they didn’t like the tone of something we put out. Even though it was quickly amended, and was just to get the views of supporters who would be affected by the new Main Stand. That was sorted. They said they we should run things by each other when releasing stuff in ticketing etc. I agreed. However they had ignored it when something that was said in a meeting with us (which was nonsense), and said  nowhere else, not even in an email afterwards, found it’s way into a newspaper report in the Telegraph.

Then when they announced the new prices, they completely ignored this again, sending it to us 10 minutes before they went live with the announcement. What they failed to do, was share it with us when drafting or when they shared it with journalists under embargo five hours earlier. They then saw their arse when we were able to quickly counter their spin, and used data they’d provided. Even though we had offered to sign confidentiality agreements and they never asked us to.

I’ve also seen emails where they’re critical of stuff I said about tickets, yet they had Ian Ayre give that interview in Melwood before the walkout.

I’d expect the paid professionals, doing this as a job and with more of them to be the ones held to a higher standard than supporters who are volunteers doing it around a job.

More harshly by who?  The members you represent, the club you interact with or other fans that you'd like to be members?   Sounds like you're saying the club? 

I honestly don't care but just thought it was an odd thing to say.  I know who Billy Hogan and Ian Ayre are because of decisions they've made for a club I support.   I have no idea who you are and could probably never know without much changing.  So how can that be the same thing being held to the same standard?

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #627 on: May 6, 2021, 07:20:33 pm »
Pull the other one.  I know loads.
Ok - but, are you saying I've made a false statement ?

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #628 on: May 6, 2021, 07:56:10 pm »
Ok - but, are you saying I've made a false statement ?

On here back in the day most certainly a section where anti OOT.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #629 on: May 6, 2021, 08:10:11 pm »
On here back in the day most certainly a section where anti OOT.
OK, but were they also members of SoS ? What I said was in my experience as a member, I hadn't heard such comments in response to a poster who claimed members of SoS 'bemoaned OOT' supporters but also, that they were racist and xenophobic, again something I've never witnessed.....but, without providing evidence for such a claim.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #630 on: May 6, 2021, 08:12:24 pm »
OK, but were they also members of SoS ? What I said was in my experience as a member, I hadn't heard such comments in response to a poster who claimed members of SoS 'bemoaned OOT' supporters but also, that they were racist and xenophobic, again something I've never witnessed.....but, without providing evidence for such a claim.

No idea if they were to be honest, the rest we agree.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #631 on: May 6, 2021, 08:19:34 pm »
No idea if they were to be honest, the rest we agree.
Ok mate, no worries.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: May 6, 2021, 08:37:33 pm »
More harshly by who?  The members you represent, the club you interact with or other fans that you'd like to be members?   Sounds like you're saying the club? 

I honestly don't care but just thought it was an odd thing to say.  I know who Billy Hogan and Ian Ayre are because of decisions they've made for a club I support.   I have no idea who you are and could probably never know without much changing.  So how can that be the same thing being held to the same standard?
I understood what Jay meant to be honest Dave, but this is a bit of a distraction anyway.
It's a bit mad if you don't know who Jay is though, where've you been all these years :)

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #633 on: May 6, 2021, 09:03:37 pm »
I understood what Jay meant to be honest Dave, but this is a bit of a distraction anyway.
It's a bit mad if you don't know who Jay is though, where've you been all these years :)

Lol.  Thanks for the vanity.

Edit: And yes as I noted it doesn’t matter.  Said earlier that any ownership accountability is good.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2021, 09:05:24 pm by Dave McCoy »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: May 6, 2021, 09:07:41 pm »
Lol.  Thanks for the vanity.

Now we are getting distracted, what does that mean?

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: May 6, 2021, 09:14:11 pm »

I really don't get what this Dave person doesn't understand. If he doesn't know who Jay is I can only presume he hasn't followed Liverpool very long. I really don't get, what Dave doesn't get. Jay's post made perfect sense, but probably would have sounded better through his mega phone.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #636 on: May 6, 2021, 09:19:09 pm »

Someone added the sentence below my name.  I didn’t so assuming a mod did.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2021, 09:21:04 pm by Dave McCoy »

Offline AmSeeker

• ABbitOfAnAttention
  • Main Stander
« Reply #637 on: May 6, 2021, 09:19:57 pm »

The club do the same - during the ticketing discussions back in 2015, that lead to the walkout, there was an agreement to share comms. They saw their arse, and I basically got asked to meet Billy Hogan and the head of comms, because they didn’t like the tone of something we put out. Even though it was quickly amended, and was just to get the views of supporters who would be affected by the new Main Stand. That was sorted. They said they we should run things by each other when releasing stuff in ticketing etc. I agreed. However they had ignored it when something that was said in a meeting with us (which was nonsense), and said  nowhere else, not even in an email afterwards, found it’s way into a ne

What did you put out?

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #638 on: May 6, 2021, 09:20:22 pm »
I really don't get what this Dave person doesn't understand. If he doesn't know who Jay is I can only presume he hasn't followed Liverpool very long. I really don't get, what Dave doesn't get. Jay's post made perfect sense, but probably would have sounded better through his mega phone.

That I found his comparison odd?  Seems pretty straightforward whether you agree with it or not.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: May 6, 2021, 09:22:47 pm »
What did you put out?

Their statement on the £77 tickets.