Author Topic: League Cup and Club World Cup.  (Read 180354 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: League Cup draw tonight.
« Reply #960 on: August 28, 2019, 10:13:41 pm »
Play the kids.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #961 on: August 28, 2019, 10:14:50 pm »
Good draw.

Online Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #962 on: August 28, 2019, 10:17:54 pm »
Massive ticket allocation at mk

Offline 6 Euros

• Soon to be worth about a tenner!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #963 on: August 28, 2019, 10:29:32 pm »
"The whole of my life, what they wanted was honesty. They were not concerned with cultured football, but with triers who gave one hundred percent." Bob Paisley on the Kop

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #964 on: August 28, 2019, 10:29:35 pm »
Play the kids.

Would expect Van Den Berg, Hoever, Jones and Brewster all to play. Potentially Elliott too, but I think he'll opt for seniority on the wings, with Shaqiri and Origi starting, and Milner and Lallana in midfield with Jones.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #965 on: August 28, 2019, 10:30:58 pm »
Would expect Van Den Berg, Hoever, Jones and Brewster all to play. Potentially Elliott too, but I think he'll opt for seniority on the wings, with Shaqiri and Origi starting, and Milner and Lallana in midfield with Jones.

What odds can I get on us playing the kids and Shaqiri being an unused sub? :D

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #966 on: August 28, 2019, 10:45:47 pm »
Surely we have senior players needing minutes to use in these games rather than loads of kids.

The likes of Lovren, Naby, Ox, Lallana, Shaqiri, Brewster and possibly Origi could and should be used if they're fit.

I'm sure some kids will be used like the fbs and possibly Elliot and/or Jones in midfield but let's not throw the opportunity of progressing away for the sake if it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #967 on: August 28, 2019, 10:48:47 pm »
Surely we have senior players needing minutes to use in these games rather than loads of kids.

The likes of Lovren, Naby, Ox, Lallana, Shaqiri, Brewster and possibly Origi could and should be used if they're fit.

I'm sure some kids will be used like the fbs and possibly Elliot and/or Jones in midfield but let's not throw the opportunity of progressing away for the sake if it.

Well we could play Lovren and Gomez at CB so that should provide some solidity.

Who'll play in goal?.

Offline John Shafto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kemlynite
  • Let's talk about six baby
« Reply #968 on: August 28, 2019, 10:49:45 pm »
Massive ticket allocation at mk

Just had a look and Chelsea got 6452 back in 2016 for the FA Cup game

« Reply #969 on: August 28, 2019, 10:51:35 pm »

It will be tricky rotating the squad across all competitions, progressing and keeping them fresh.

I would leave out or key players in for this one and bring in fringe players and youngsters but keep enough of the first team players to ensure the game isn't disjointed.

Start: Adrian, Hoever, Matip, Gomez, Milner, Henderson, Lallana, Ox, Origi, Shaqiri, Mane
Subs: Lonregan, Lovren, Laroucci, Gini, Elliot, Brewster, Firmino

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #970 on: August 28, 2019, 10:56:20 pm »

Who'll play in goal?.
Depends if Becker's back I guess mate.  It could be his 1st game as I doubt he'll be ready before the internationals and there's only one league game before this fixture I think.

No idea when the CL games start though.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #971 on: August 28, 2019, 10:56:41 pm »

Who'll play in goal?.

I reckon we'll see Van Den Berg and Lovren. With Gomez at RB and Hoever at LB (or vice-versa)

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #972 on: August 28, 2019, 11:00:14 pm »
It will be tricky rotating the squad across all competitions, progressing and keeping them fresh.

I would leave out or key players in for this one and bring in fringe players and youngsters but keep enough of the first team players to ensure the game isn't disjointed.

Start: Adrian, Hoever, Matip, Gomez, Milner, Henderson, Lallana, Ox, Origi, Shaqiri, Mane
It's the fringe players that need to play and no way would I have Hendo or Mane anywhere near starting.

Naby and Lovren need to play too.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #973 on: August 28, 2019, 11:01:00 pm »
We are going to have 4 aways on the bounce with this game now so I imagine there won't be many first teamers.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #974 on: August 28, 2019, 11:01:17 pm »
Great draw.
YWNA

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #975 on: August 28, 2019, 11:04:55 pm »
I reckon we'll see Van Den Berg and Lovren. With Gomez at RB and Hoever at LB (or vice-versa)
VDB as a CB has looked way out of his depth at u23s level mate and if you're going to play Joe, play him in his rightful position not at RB.

Hoever is fine at RB so we either risk Larouci or resort to Milly at LB.   

« Reply #976 on: August 28, 2019, 11:05:50 pm »
It's the fringe players that need to play and no way would I have Hendo or Mane anywhere near starting.

Naby and Lovren need to play too.

If you change the entire team it's very likely the performance will be disjointed. I'd much rather start some heavy hitters to give us a better chance to in a winning position at the 60th minute then make changes

Offline kratos

• Kopite
« Reply #977 on: August 28, 2019, 11:07:26 pm »
We are going to have 4 aways on the bounce with this game now so I imagine there won't be many first teamers.

Good spot.  This is sandwiched between Chelsea away and Sheff Utd away.  Before the Chelsea game and after the Sheff Utd game is a CL game and one of those will be away.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #978 on: August 28, 2019, 11:21:32 pm »

More like: Adrian, Hoever, Lovren, Matip, Larouci, Lallana, Keita, Milner, Shaqiri, Origi, Brewster; with Elliott, Jones and Clyne to hopefully come on. It's going to be a B team match all the way.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #979 on: August 28, 2019, 11:22:16 pm »

Lonregan, Lovren, start for me. Brewster instead of Mane and no way do we play both Milner & Hendo.

We've PL and CL games round this.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #980 on: August 28, 2019, 11:25:35 pm »
Depends if Becker's back I guess mate.  It could be his 1st game as I doubt he'll be ready before the internationals and there's only one league game before this fixture I think.

CL starts the week before this. I expect Ádrian or Kelleher in goal even if Alisson is fit.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #981 on: August 28, 2019, 11:27:23 pm »
If you change the entire team it's very likely the performance will be disjointed. I'd much rather start some heavy hitters to give us a better chance to in a winning position at the 60th minute then make changes
I’d not be starting the likes of Mane or Henderson. Plenty of squad players could use the game and it’s MK Dons, a disjointed performance doesn’t really matter in the cup, just the result and if our squad players plus a few youngster can’t get it done then less games for them unfortunately.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: August 28, 2019, 11:30:06 pm »
More like: Adrian, Hoever, Lovren, Matip, Larouci, Lallana, Keita, Milner, Shaqiri, Origi, Brewster; with Elliott, Jones and Clyne to hopefully come on. It's going to be a B team match all the way.
Matip seems first choice right now so expect Gomez more likely. Clyne out long term injury isn’t he?

Offline redman64

• Anny Roader
« Reply #983 on: August 28, 2019, 11:38:32 pm »
Newcastle at home?
Love to see Hoever start this. Lovren (if hes still here), Ox, Lallana, Gomez all certainties too

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #984 on: August 29, 2019, 12:09:15 am »
I would have preferred a home game; less cup upset fervour, opposition players less likely to clean somebody out to get the fans going, and control of the pitch conditions.

Still, not a bad draw.  If the fringe players can't shine against a mid-table League One side then they can have no complaints at largely watching the season unfold from the bench/stands.

The tie will also pit us against hipster boss Paul Tisdale again after his Exeter side drew 2-2 with us in Klopp's first season.  A game that sticks in my memory for how crap our team was - I think only Benteke has maintained a top flight career - and how much of the commentary was dedicated to Tisdale's (fairly bland) fashion sense.  A man in a pork pie hat; that deserves referencing every five minutes!

Online riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #985 on: August 29, 2019, 12:45:26 am »
Might see a couple of youngsters for this one when checking the surrounding games on the schedule. Brewster, Hoever, Elliot, van den Berg. Perhaps 2 or 3 out of that lot with a mix of starters and senior squad players like Origi, Shaqiri, Lovren, Lallana. Keita if he's fit. Probably Adrian in goal. Milner for sure.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #986 on: August 29, 2019, 12:48:12 am »
Might see a couple of youngsters for this one when checking the surrounding games on the schedule. Brewster, Hoever, Elliot, van den Berg. Perhaps 2 or 3 out of that lot with a mix of starters and senior squad players like Origi, Shaqiri, Lovren, Lallana. Keita if he's fit. Probably Adrian in goal. Milner for sure.

More than a couple. It’s been a while since we had a draw like this, so Klopp will be using it to give the lads minutes and rest others.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #987 on: August 29, 2019, 12:50:52 am »
Wanted an away tie and the ground is fairly big considering where they are in the pyramid. Hopefully get a spare sorted for it. Not too far to drive for me either. I really enjoy the league cup aways as it goes. Always under the floodlights, chance to visit a new ground so I can tick off as many as possible. Hopefully get to see the likes of Elliott and Brewster for the first team as well. Can't wait.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #988 on: August 29, 2019, 12:56:55 am »
Wanted an away tie and the ground is fairly big considering where they are in the pyramid. Hopefully get a spare sorted for it. Not too far to drive for me either. I really enjoy the league cup aways as it goes. Always under the floodlights, chance to visit a new ground so I can tick off as many as possible. Hopefully get to see the likes of Elliott and Brewster for the first team as well. Can't wait.

Yeah for a lower league team, it’s a decent ground and a decent pitch to play on. It’s tricky playing away lower league teams when they have a shite pitch that none of our lads have played on since they were kids.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #989 on: August 29, 2019, 08:03:22 am »
If we keep getting good draws (like City got last season) then we will go far in these two Cups this season, which may not be best for our bigger aspirations... but I can see us winning in a domestic Cup along with the World Cup this season.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #990 on: August 29, 2019, 08:25:02 am »
If we keep getting good draws (like City got last season) then we will go far in these two Cups this season, which may not be best for our bigger aspirations... but I can see us winning in a domestic Cup along with the World Cup this season.

Will make it very hard to sustain a title challenge.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #991 on: August 29, 2019, 09:16:31 am »
Will make it very hard to sustain a title challenge.
Don’t think it will have much impact as it’ll be mainly fringe/squad players and youngsters in the domestic cups

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #992 on: August 29, 2019, 09:37:20 am »
Playing the Dons 2 days after Chelsea will be tough if we field most of the first teamers. We also then have Sheffield some days later. Our priority is to win our league games. We should have adequate strength to field some fringe players who aren't playing regularly.

e.g.

Adrian, Hoever, Gomez, Lovren, Larouci, Milner, Lallana, Naby/Ox, Brewster, Origi, Shaq  with a few first teamers as subs if we really need them in the last 20 mins.

Apart from full back, there's still a lot of experience and senior pros playing there. We can afford to not risk a few first teamers a couple of days after Chelsea, especially against a team that will look to compete physically.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #993 on: August 29, 2019, 10:00:09 am »
Decent draw, could've done with being at home but can't have everything.

Not bothered whether we win or lose, but we need to give our squad and the youngsters some minutes. Just no use flogging anyone who starts the Chelsea game for this one.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #994 on: August 29, 2019, 10:03:50 am »

It's kind of odd, as ordinarily we'd have Adrian in goal for this match if Becker was fit.  But if this is Alisson's first potential game after returning from injury it might actually make sense to play him in this game to help him regain match fitness.

Whatever side Klopp chooses, I imagine they will be training intensely together in the run up.  I expect a lot of our younger players to feature, but there's plenty of opportunity for senior fringe players and wise heads to take part.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #995 on: August 29, 2019, 10:09:42 am »
Looking at the rest of the draw, that's a tasty set up for Southampton and Portsmouth.  They're worse than Newcastle and Sunderland.  8)  And Arsenal host the Twice European Cup winners Nottingham Forest.  The Arsenal fans should check out Forest's trophy room ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #996 on: August 29, 2019, 10:13:31 am »
What's the chance of getting a ticket with no away credits? Been to countless home but haven't been to an away since 2010. Part of me wishes we were shit again so it's easier to get one.  ;D
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #997 on: August 29, 2019, 10:40:10 am »
So it will be Chelsea on Sunday, MK Dons on Wednesday, and Sheffield Utd on Saturday. That’s a tight schedule with minimal recovery time between games so all change for MK Dons. Should still have more than enough to get through.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #998 on: August 29, 2019, 11:50:59 am »
Really fancy going to the MK Dons game.

Is there any chance at all of getting tickets as a non-season-ticket-holder and non-member?
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #999 on: August 29, 2019, 11:52:41 am »
Really fancy going to the MK Dons game.

Is there any chance at all of getting tickets as a non-season-ticket-holder and non-member?

No unless a spare from someone comes up