Author Topic: Ticketless fans in Paris  (Read 48719 times)

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
Ticketless fans in Paris
« on: May 9, 2022, 10:12:30 am »
Apologies mods if this is in the wrong area. Please move if appropriate.

We know they'll be one or two of us in Paris on the day of the game without a ticket, saw it suggested to start a thread on here with places to watch/ meet up.

There's a Paris red who's already put a great list together

https://twitter.com/HadrienAgnew/status/1522854789079613441?t=JJf7WgI37CP0RoPyPMYxwQ&s=19

I'm going to be looking for somewhere I can get back to the ground at full time as my coach picks me up there.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
Re: Ticketless fans in Paris
« Reply #1 on: May 9, 2022, 10:24:07 am »
Cheers for starting the thread mate. I’m flying in Saturday morning from dublin if anyone else is on that? Hotel near place de bastille called grand hotel amelot. Still holding some hope out for a ticket.
If it it will be class anyway.
YNWA

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
  • His First Name Is Lucas
« Reply #2 on: May 9, 2022, 10:28:30 am »
Depending on ballot outcomes of course, I will have a full day in Eindhoven on Friday if anybody is about. Already spoken about the place at the south of the city to go to last time I was in Paris in the group stages I will pop the link in here in a bit later

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 9, 2022, 10:55:52 am »
5 of us over on the Friday till the Monday. No accom sorted yet but will find something no doubt. No tickets so just gonna go where most bods are gonna go nearer the day.

The French don't seem to be embracing this opportunity to welcome ticketless travelling fans.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 9, 2022, 03:18:52 pm »
Thankyou for starting the thread!
I've seen the twitter thread, hopefully will use that. We're based for 2 nights in the South of Paris, which is a pain, but stadium is about a 45 min metro/train journey I think. Mate and.me are just looking for whatever is available when it comes to watching the game, and any potential meetup points for a sing and a drink. Hopefully BOSS manage to organise something, or the like
Nah.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 9, 2022, 03:33:56 pm »
5 of us over on the Friday till the Monday. No accom sorted yet but will find something no doubt. No tickets so just gonna go where most bods are gonna go nearer the day.

The French don't seem to be embracing this opportunity to welcome ticketless travelling fans.

The official line could only ever be don't travel without a ticket. Although I suspect all parties know the reality, they can't actively encourage it.

Paris is a big place and will be able to handle the numbers, I suspect there might end up being a few hotspots of reds that will materialise. I guess LFC and others will be assessing if/where they can put on a Madrid-style fan park - although it will have to be a bigger space than that was!

Good luck everyone

Offline hamisurf

• Main Stander
  • Don't trust a torie
    • Asset Tracking - Event Management
« Reply #6 on: May 9, 2022, 03:54:33 pm »
Lets hope they get a Boss concert on and able o watch the game all together - mind you in Athens the bottles came raining in onto the LFC fan parks!

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #7 on: May 9, 2022, 04:15:24 pm »
9 of us have booked and based on the odds if we have 3 tickets between us that would be amazing haha, so could be a fair few of us without. I just wanna enjoy the day whatever happens.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline CaseRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8 on: May 9, 2022, 04:18:42 pm »
Heading over on Friday and planning on doing a night halfway between Calais and Paris. The have a hotel in Montparnasse on the Saturday. No chance of a ticket so hoping for a fan park with screen or a booking at a bar full of reds.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9 on: May 9, 2022, 04:51:53 pm »

I was in France for the Euro's, its really not the place for beer and song.  My instinct is to go out in Liverpool, trouble is last time I did that for a game I didnt have a ticket for we lost to Real Madrid. :'(
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 9, 2022, 07:00:19 pm »
I was in France for the Euro's, its really not the place for beer and song.  My instinct is to go out in Liverpool, trouble is last time I did that for a game I didnt have a ticket for we lost to Real Madrid. :'(

Was that not when 100k fans had come over as well though
Nah.

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #11 on: May 9, 2022, 07:25:06 pm »
Really expecting the French Police to be moody af for this one.

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #12 on: May 9, 2022, 07:32:22 pm »
yup Im one of ticket less horde..prob watch game in a left bank Bistro..bit of pre match existentialism...prob a half-time Satré reading and celebrate the win with a few pints of Absinth.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #13 on: May 9, 2022, 07:37:53 pm »
 ;D

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #14 on: May 9, 2022, 07:39:04 pm »
Fuck the Satrè and get on the Guinness  :hally

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: May 9, 2022, 07:54:38 pm »
Was that not when 100k fans had come over as well though

To France or Liverpool?  both were rammed, but dont know the figures. I had 2 spells in Paris, one for Wales v NI
The other was inbetween fixtures.  Neither were great, Borduex was much better.

Have fun wherever you go  :thumbup
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline -KingKenny-

• Main Stander
« Reply #16 on: May 9, 2022, 08:13:42 pm »
3 of us going down Friday afternoon and coming back Sunday.
Ferry from Newhaven to Dieppe, stopping over Friday night in Dieppe before an early morning dart to Paris. Parking on the outskirts in Pontoise to avoid the city centre then getting the train in👍 all of us in the ballot 🤞

That ferry over should be a good trip with lots of Reds on it. Sold out last week..

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #17 on: May 9, 2022, 08:51:03 pm »
Ferry from Newhaven to Dieppe, stopping over Friday night in Dieppe before an early morning dart to Paris. Parking on the outskirts in Pontoise to avoid the city centre then getting the train in👍 all of us in the ballot 🤞

That ferry over should be a good trip with lots of Reds on it. Sold out last week..

I'm not even sure what time my ferry is, I'm on the coach trip, but we are apparently due into Dover at 2am on Friday morning.

Looking forward to my sauna in the hotel on Friday  :)

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #18 on: May 9, 2022, 08:57:09 pm »
Good idea this, nice one.

I’m on the Fan Zone bus from Coach Innovations on the Friday night, getting on at Burtonwood.  in the ballot so fingers crossed.

Be a blast I reckon either way.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline -KingKenny-

• Main Stander
« Reply #19 on: May 9, 2022, 09:29:47 pm »
I'm not even sure what time my ferry is, I'm on the coach trip, but we are apparently due into Dover at 2am on Friday morning.

Looking forward to my sauna in the hotel on Friday  :)

Love it..enjoy mate

We're all in the ballot. To be honest I can't stop thinking about it I just want to be put out of my misery!😆

Offline Rich

• Kopite
  • RAWK Lurker
« Reply #20 on: May 9, 2022, 09:53:08 pm »

On the same ferry I'd imagine. Go friday back sunday.  Not evening trying for a ticket so hopefully find a good bar somewhere

Offline RecklessTimes

• Boys Pen
« Reply #21 on: May 9, 2022, 10:38:25 pm »
Going down on Friday on the ferry, this time taking the family... looking for a family friendly pub to watch the game.   

Offline DGS_05

• Main Stander
Liverpool is our religion, Anfield is our church.

Offline david25113051

• Main Stander
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2022, 08:20:13 am »
Seen few groups talking about good square and saying this one https://maps.apple.com/?address=7%20Rue%20Le%20Vau,%2075020%20Paris,%20France&auid=15597956739927700862&ll=48.865680,2.410289&lsp=9902&q=Square%20S%C3%A9verine&_ext=CioKBAgEEHoKBAgFEAMKBAgGEBIKBAgKEAEKBAhSEAcKBAhVEA0KBAhZEAESJCnY6VECrG5IQDG8R5EQQEUDQDkjVF9M6W5IQEHCIzuAj0sDQA%3D%3D&t=h

It’s on direct line to stadium
Easy to get to and quite large with loads bars ect around it obviously till somthing official announced evey one just either guessing or trying to find good places to net up ect but thought I would share

Offline Firebird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2022, 10:19:57 am »
i'll be flying from edibnurgh on thursday morning's red eye,  back on sunday.   hit me up if anybody else is doing the same journey, and of course would be awesome to meet fellow RAWKites whilst in gay pareeee
Justice

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2022, 10:23:57 am »
i'll be flying from edibnurgh on thursday morning's red eye,  back on sunday.   hit me up if anybody else is doing the same journey, and of course would be awesome to meet fellow RAWKites whilst in gay pareeee
What time is your Sunday flight to Edinburgh? im on the 15.30 from orly
YNWA

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2022, 10:32:45 am »
Seen few groups talking about good square and saying this one https://maps.apple.com/?address=7%20Rue%20Le%20Vau,%2075020%20Paris,%20France&auid=15597956739927700862&ll=48.865680,2.410289&lsp=9902&q=Square%20S%C3%A9verine&_ext=CioKBAgEEHoKBAgFEAMKBAgGEBIKBAgKEAEKBAhSEAcKBAhVEA0KBAhZEAESJCnY6VECrG5IQDG8R5EQQEUDQDkjVF9M6W5IQEHCIzuAj0sDQA%3D%3D&t=h

It’s on direct line to stadium
Easy to get to and quite large with loads bars ect around it obviously till somthing official announced evey one just either guessing or trying to find good places to net up ect but thought I would share

I've had a look and it's not a direct line as far as I can see to the ground.

Around  50 minutes to 1 hour. I'll probably just camp outside the kop bar at this rate. More anxious about a bar than the ballot at this rate

Offline Firebird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2022, 10:39:35 am »
What time is your Sunday flight to Edinburgh? im on the 15.30 from orly

me too !    with Transavia France  (had never heard of them until recently)
Justice

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2022, 10:41:08 am »
me too !    with Transavia France  (had never heard of them until recently)
Never heard of them either, hopefully they are reliable. Where is your hotel?
YNWA

Offline Firebird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2022, 10:42:08 am »
for those without match tickets, are people planning to book a place in a boozer?   or just leave it and see where fate takes you on the day?   i remember in Madrid it was a bit mad trying to find a place to watch the game
Justice

Offline Firebird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2022, 10:43:10 am »
Never heard of them either, hopefully they are reliable. Where is your hotel?
   we managed to get an airbnb for 9 of us...shitting it a bit, in case the host cancels on us once he realises he can probably make more money out of it
Justice

Offline david25113051

• Main Stander
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2022, 12:01:19 pm »
I've had a look and it's not a direct line as far as I can see to the ground.

Around  50 minutes to 1 hour. I'll probably just camp outside the kop bar at this rate. More anxious about a bar than the ballot at this rate

So did I just he said there direct transports so must be bus or what ever they have seen can walk down from it to a stn and direct green line up to ground

Offline GWats77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2022, 01:34:49 pm »
or not. Ah this is a mess
https://twitter.com/HadrienAgnew/status/1523999820712665088?s=20&t=g9s2JjqBLVjjE2O-kOEqQg

This was put on the Champions league thread so no blacklash to me, and cannot say how true or false it is.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2022, 01:54:50 pm »
https://twitter.com/HadrienAgnew/status/1523999820712665088?s=20&t=g9s2JjqBLVjjE2O-kOEqQg

This was put on the Champions league thread so no blacklash to me, and cannot say how true or false it is.
what backlash are you expecting mate?  :D :D
YNWA

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2022, 01:58:44 pm »

Fuck sake you fucking wanker

;D Just messing.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2022, 02:04:44 pm »

I don’t expect there to be any screening of the game in a fanzone.

Will there defo be a fanzone pre game though?

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2022, 02:07:09 pm »
I don’t expect there to be any screening of the game in a fanzone.

Will there defo be a fanzone pre game though?
no word officially on anything
YNWA

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2022, 02:16:23 pm »
People will just gather somewhere like we do for Euro aways if they don't IMO.

I find it pretty staggering that after being awarded the competition that more isn't done to make it a festival of football in that city. If you get a team where you're likely to get a lot of ticketless fans such as us, I don't understand why you wouldn't put on a screening really. A big screening where people can congregate together would keep fans of opposing teams apart generally apart, would give incentive for people who haven't booked pubs to not need to consider the bunk and would provide some great photo/media to show the world if goals go in (think Euro/World Cups).

The argument seems to be that they don't want to encourage ticketless fans to travel- but we know already that even conservatively we'll have 50% more than the allocation provided out there. 

And that's just the screening - it'd be even worse if there wasn't some sort of fan park. I'm sure there will be, there was something for all of Istanbul, Athens, Basel, Kiev and Madrid.

Offline GWats77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2022, 04:14:09 pm »
Ha ha

Lets find the french Currys, buy a few TVs. Find a cheap generator and a amazon firestick hey presto!!

Offline david25113051

• Main Stander
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2022, 05:10:44 pm »
can not post the screen shot i was sent but saying final preparation our being done for a screened fan zone in champs de mars close to eiffel tower    not sure how true it is but got to believe paris was picked over bigger stadium like barca for a reason