Author Topic: Main Stand camera angle  (Read 11955 times)

Offline thekopreds

• Boys Pen
Main Stand camera angle
« on: January 28, 2016, 06:20:11 pm »
First post - have enjoyed reading for years though!

Something struck me today - one thing I've always liked when watching old LFC footage (post 1973 Main Stand redevelopment anyway) is that the camera gantry and angle is the same as now.  So even though all the stands have changed, Anfield still always looks like Anfield.  You can tell it's the same ground.

Does anyone have any idea on how it will change with the new development?  Or any other thoughts?  Will this be the first development that really changes the feel of Anfield for tv fans?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Main Stand camera angle
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 06:24:31 pm »
The cameras will be at the front of the middle tier so at the same level but a bit further back.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 06:25:00 pm »
If you go back through the main stand thread on here then you'll find a post from me which compares the two camera angles.

I'm on my ipad at the moment so can't check myself as will take forever!

Offline REDcrazy

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 04:45:35 am »
The cameras will be at the front of the middle tier so at the same level but a bit further back.

Actually, they will be located in the front row of the upper tier of the Main Stand

Offline CN23

• Has one so long that he can't hold it himself......yeah right.....
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 11:51:16 pm »
First post - have enjoyed reading for years though!

Something struck me today - one thing I've always liked when watching old LFC footage (post 1973 Main Stand redevelopment anyway) is that the camera gantry and angle is the same as now.  So even though all the stands have changed, Anfield still always looks like Anfield.  You can tell it's the same ground.

Does anyone have any idea on how it will change with the new development?  Or any other thoughts?  Will this be the first development that really changes the feel of Anfield for tv fans?

It was my first thought at the first home match against Leicester that this angle view I had known for decades had gone

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 08:45:57 am »

Actually, they will be located in the front row of the upper tier of the Main Stand

Beg pardon - you're correct.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 06:48:01 pm »
Now that the main stand refurb thread has been closed, is there a thread on here where we can still enjoy seeing pictures of the redeveloped Anfield? When we are on TV, I love seeing all the shots and angles of the redeveloped stadium, and I'd like to see more images of the outside areas, inside the stand, etc.

Or can someone please link me to another forum, such as skyscrapercity, with more pics?
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2016, 06:49:41 pm »
Answer to my own question - enjoy peeps. Some wonderful pics of the redeveloped Anfield in this thread on skyscrapercity:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=317919&page=113
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2016, 07:08:45 pm »
The owners are over t the moment...

Wonder why?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2016, 07:12:46 pm »
The owners are over t the moment...

Wonder why?

Bommy night
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family