Author Topic: Adverts you hate  (Read 193587 times)

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Adverts you hate
« Reply #840 on: April 28, 2019, 04:29:29 pm »
The new Barclaycard one with Simon Cowell. He makes me shout at the telly. I'm happy to say I've never seen one minute of his 'music' shows. He makes my skin crawl.

He has got a weird look about his face lately, not just in the ad but on britains got talent too. Too much botox or something.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #841 on: April 28, 2019, 04:44:17 pm »
He has got a weird look about his face lately, not just in the ad but on britains got talent too. Too much botox or something.

If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #842 on: April 30, 2019, 09:07:50 am »
https://youtu.be/ePjzA4QM-7s This one is the latest advert I detest just fuck off

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #843 on: April 30, 2019, 09:23:14 am »
I've mentioned before the over 50's don't die til you've paid ten times what a funeral costs ads. There are now more and more companies jumping on this, plus all kinds trying to guilt you into leaving something in your will then add the release your equity adverts. When I retire, terrestrial TV is getting binned off.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #844 on: May 1, 2019, 01:30:44 pm »
I've mentioned before the over 50's don't die til you've paid ten times what a funeral costs ads. There are now more and more companies jumping on this, plus all kinds trying to guilt you into leaving something in your will then add the release your equity adverts. When I retire, terrestrial TV is getting binned off.

It's the guilt factor that gets me. 

If I don't get Sun Life / Royal London / British Seniors ect funeral cover my family will fall into a massive hole of debt.  Apparently.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #845 on: May 1, 2019, 03:57:03 pm »
It's the guilt factor that gets me. 

If I don't get Sun Life / Royal London / British Seniors ect funeral cover my family will fall into a massive hole of debt.  Apparently.

Yeah, shower of bastards.

It just cost £4200 for her Dads funeral last week and that was for a hearse and one car. We've decided to fuck off having funerals, costs about £1k to be picked up from where you croak, taken to crem, burnt and then family collect ashes. They can go the pub and get pissed if they want to say ta-ra to me.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #846 on: May 1, 2019, 04:48:20 pm »
Yeah, shower of bastards.

We've decided to fuck off having funerals, costs about £1k to be picked up from where you croak, taken to crem, burnt and then family collect ashes. They can go the pub and get pissed if they want to say ta-ra to me.

It's a bit of a taboo subject and no laughing matter, but that is a funny and very reasonable way to look at it!

I agree and think most funeral type adverts are aimed at your guilt, your conscience and of course your pocket.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #847 on: May 4, 2019, 04:40:58 pm »
Can't remember whether I've said it before, but the Meerkat Movies one. It's completely out of key and it goes right through me.

And the Simon Cowell Barclays one. He's looking more and more like his Vic Reeves portrait.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #848 on: May 18, 2019, 01:58:06 pm »
The Uber radio adverts.

Pretending that they care about their staff and are some form of social service.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #849 on: May 18, 2019, 02:57:30 pm »
The Uber radio adverts.

Pretending that they care about their staff and are some form of social service.

While employing drivers who go to dodgy cities like Wolverhampton, who hand out plates like sweets, because the local council refuse to issue one to the driver.

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #850 on: May 18, 2019, 04:34:45 pm »
The Postcode lottery. Are the 'celebs' supposed to be lookalikes? The people scare me as well always looks like its filmed in the village of the damned.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 08:21:27 pm by Nitramdorf »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #851 on: May 18, 2019, 07:52:23 pm »
While employing drivers who go to dodgy cities like Wolverhampton, who hand out plates like sweets, because the local council refuse to issue one to the driver.

Ah yes. Forgot that one.

Uber, the Man City of public transport.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #852 on: May 20, 2019, 01:24:25 pm »
Apropos of nothing here's that Michael Owen one...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CFnymJDZAS8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CFnymJDZAS8</a>
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #853 on: May 20, 2019, 04:36:50 pm »
The Postcode lottery. Are the 'celebs' supposed to be lookalikes? The people scare me as well always looks like its filmed in the village of the damned.

The plastic looking guy with the blonde hair is Jade Goody's husband Jeff Brazier

He's the usual Z lister type but just reading I see his Dad was the skipper on the Marchioness and he died with 50 others when it went down on the Thames in 1989.  Was a real bad few months for tragedies in 1989 :(

Fair play to Brazier grabbing a few quid like, he's not had much luck on the personal side of life has he.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #854 on: May 20, 2019, 05:18:12 pm »
That AA advert with the kid singing in the back is wide of the mark.

If my two-year-old (approx) started randomly singing that in my car, I'd not be calling the AA... I'd be onto Child Services.
Continually on 11,420.

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #855 on: June 5, 2019, 07:19:31 pm »
Just seen the new EE one. It's a pile of shit, wanking over Abu Dhabi FC's  world famous FA Cup win.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #856 on: June 5, 2019, 08:29:16 pm »
Just seen the new EE one. It's a pile of shit, wanking over Abu Dhabi FC's  world famous FA Cup win.

And using the Ingerlund band to belt out Bat out of Hell as the soundtrack. :no

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #857 on: June 21, 2019, 01:03:42 pm »
The Sixt adverts.  Has the guy pulled them over by the side of the road in a remote location, just to ask them about their choice of car?  He's not even a police officer.  I don't get it  :wanker

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #858 on: June 21, 2019, 01:30:48 pm »
I see that fucking horrible Nescafe Gold Blend one is back. The one with the guy on a stage facing what's supposed to be all the people he's ever met in his life, and the Lloyds Bank singer warbles somebody else's song in the background. He asks a load of questions like "sit down if you don't remember me" (and about 90% do, which should tell him a lot), and "sit down if you've never seen me strangle myself with a napkin when ejaculating". And he's left with about half a dozen, who all give him knowing looks, and he invites them down for a cup of coffee.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Nitramdorf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #859 on: June 21, 2019, 01:48:11 pm »
The Nationwide one with a twat banging on about seeing a sunrise with his girlfriend who he wakes up early on purpose whenever he can.

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #860 on: June 21, 2019, 02:34:54 pm »
I see that fucking horrible Nescafe Gold Blend one is back. The one with the guy on a stage facing what's supposed to be all the people he's ever met in his life, and the Lloyds Bank singer warbles somebody else's song in the background. He asks a load of questions like "sit down if you don't remember me" (and about 90% do, which should tell him a lot), and "sit down if you've never seen me strangle myself with a napkin when ejaculating". And he's left with about half a dozen, who all give him knowing looks, and he invites them down for a cup of coffee.
That's.....worryingly specific.  Anything you want to confess, Nobby?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #861 on: June 21, 2019, 02:51:23 pm »

:D

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #862 on: June 21, 2019, 03:07:09 pm »

*coughs nervously*

Er... no.... not really
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #863 on: June 21, 2019, 03:17:18 pm »
That first question should be "Sit down if you think I'm a self centred needy twat."

If you use a napkin does that mean that the usual cravats don't apply?  ;)

The Nationwide one with a twat banging on about seeing a sunrise with his girlfriend who he wakes up early on purpose whenever he can.
That is one horrendous advert  :puke2
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #864 on: June 21, 2019, 07:25:44 pm »

He was once a young Conservative?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #865 on: June 24, 2019, 11:17:27 am »

I suppose after the two ugly sisters (one on a piano) things could only get better with their adverts. But that's debatable

Nationwide simply wont learn with their Ads. They keep insisting on including faux real people (actors) chatting absolute Shite

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #866 on: June 24, 2019, 03:49:46 pm »
The Experian c*nts - especially the boozer one

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #867 on: June 28, 2019, 04:29:09 pm »

Might well be the smuggest man in existence him.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #868 on: June 28, 2019, 05:55:40 pm »
Quick Quid. Not only are these c*nts still going, they have raised the APR to 1300%.

All of these give only £3, £5, £10 per month to help XYZ adverts. Fuck off you c*nts, just accept donations, don't dictate how much people should spend.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #869 on: June 29, 2019, 08:09:44 am »
Quick Quid. Not only are these c*nts still going, they have raised the APR to 1300%.

All of these give only £3, £5, £10 per month to help XYZ adverts. Fuck off you c*nts, just accept donations, don't dictate how much people should spend.

Hate those ads too, those families are working and look quite comfortably off. Yet when their car breaks down, or the fuckin boiler goes on the blink they immediately turn to Quid Quid!...Don't think so, these people not got a few bob in the bank, or got family and friends to ask to borrow a few quid before turning to rip off money lending companies. Misleading load of bollocks. Wonga had their ads banned, these fuckers should do too, or at least be made more believable.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #870 on: July 2, 2019, 12:06:35 pm »
The Vauxhall ads. Has the tag line, Vauxhall, a British Brand since 1903. Fuck off, Vauxhall was sold to GM in 1925, its a wholly owned subsiduary of Opel and its parent company is Groupe PSA who are French.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #871 on: July 2, 2019, 01:31:29 pm »
Might well be the smuggest man in existence him.

Is it Marcus Brigstock?

A complete waste of space.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #872 on: July 4, 2019, 08:51:16 pm »
Love Crouchy but his Carphone Warehouse advert is beginning to get annoying, it feels like it's on about 10 times a day. "Relax Kev, not that type of contract!". :butt ;D

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #873 on: July 5, 2019, 01:34:08 am »
The Maltesers advert with the 3 women sat on the bench. People are praising the use of a disabled actress which is fair enough but why the sexual inuendos to sell some chocolate?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #874 on: July 5, 2019, 07:07:14 pm »
Loads burn my head out..  :no
Sixt car hire .. only £49 pw... er no... minimun rental is 7 days (£350ish)  :butt
any of the Nationwide ones (i can see sunrise with you)  :puke2
why so many Female Vag adverts at T-time... dryness, water leaks etc..  :moon
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #875 on: July 5, 2019, 07:59:19 pm »

I hate those too, can't stand him.

Love Crouchy but his Carphone Warehouse advert is beginning to get annoying, it feels like it's on about 10 times a day. "Relax Kev, not that type of contract!". :butt ;D

Didn't mind it the first time but like you say it gets more annoying.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #876 on: July 6, 2019, 11:01:32 pm »
The Maltesers advert with the 3 women sat on the bench. People are praising the use of a disabled actress which is fair enough but why the sexual inuendos to sell some chocolate?
That one's been mentioned in here before. I hate the hypocrisy of it. If it was three men in the advert acting in a similar manner there would be outrage. But seeing as it's women, and a disabled woman at that, acting like an immature juvenile and making smutty inuendos is suddenly cool.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #877 on: July 7, 2019, 10:20:46 am »
"I didn't even know Oral B made toothpaste?"

What the fuck did you think Oral B did then, dickhead?
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #878 on: July 7, 2019, 10:21:55 am »
"I didn't even know Oral B made toothpaste?"

What the fuck did you think Oral B did then, dickhead?

Make toothbrushes.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #879 on: July 7, 2019, 10:25:39 am »
Make toothbrushes.

So why is it such a wild fucking diversification to make other oral care products? She says it as though she was saying "I didn't even know Ferrari made a haemerroid cream".
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)