Author Topic: Adverts you hate  (Read 193547 times)

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
Re: Adverts you hate
« Reply #680 on: August 20, 2018, 07:53:10 pm »
The SKY new footie season advert "go go go go" is on all the time, really starting to annoy me now.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #681 on: August 20, 2018, 09:31:38 pm »
The Go Compare one on the radio is horrendous    :butt

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #682 on: August 21, 2018, 04:25:33 pm »
The Jam rag ones.

They put me off me supper.

hahahahahaahahah!!!!!!
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: August 21, 2018, 04:39:19 pm »
Those Uncle Ben ones with the singing couple, "you say tomaayyyto"

I say fuck off c*nts
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #684 on: August 22, 2018, 10:40:24 am »
Fucking Bet Boost ads for SkyBet

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #685 on: August 22, 2018, 10:47:31 am »
Fucking Bet Boost ads for SkyBet

Any betting advert. They should go the same way as tobacco advertising. Fucked off completely.

Offline Alex Raisbeck

• Kopite
  • 'Arry Redknapp,baggy faced bell end bastard.
« Reply #686 on: August 22, 2018, 03:00:13 pm »
Any betting advert. They should go the same way as tobacco advertising. Fucked off completely.
Definitely! I hate the lad banter bellendry used to promote them-they should be banned from the internet also so I don’t have to see this twats face ever again
"How many lives has Liverpool skipper? 'Tis a puzzle that's hard to unravel; Each game he plays is the game of his life''....

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: August 22, 2018, 04:25:50 pm »
Definitely! I hate the lad banter bellendry used to promote them-they should be banned from the internet also so I don’t have to see this twats face ever again

Looks like he's saying "Suits you sir".

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #688 on: September 12, 2018, 10:35:28 am »
The latest Lloyd's advert with  the horses running along the beach and the version of You're Noe Alone.

Vile, just vile.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #689 on: September 12, 2018, 10:58:52 am »
Top lyrics though:
‘Where, the hell, has all the mud gone? I’m sure there was lots of mud, I shook off so much mud. It was here, now it’s gone, every bit, every drop, every inch. Where’s all the mud gone?’

Yeah, that one was funny, novel.

The follow-up one with that foppy, over-acting twat is appalling.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #690 on: September 12, 2018, 02:35:37 pm »
The Ladbrokes one's continue to annoy me, James Buckley should be ashamed of himself.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: September 13, 2018, 12:57:37 pm »
The chewie one where the dad comes back to see some absolute weapon getting dressed in his daughters room. The dad smile when in reality he'd be booting the lad through the window
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #692 on: September 13, 2018, 01:04:40 pm »
The chewie one where the dad comes back to see some absolute weapon getting dressed in his daughters room. The dad smile when in reality he'd be booting the lad through the window

Yeah, very creepy that one.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #693 on: September 13, 2018, 04:32:16 pm »
The Ladbrokes one's continue to annoy me, James Buckley should be ashamed of himself.

Unfortunately for him, the Inbetweeners is long gone and old news.  He's just another washed up former child actor trying to pay his bills.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: September 13, 2018, 05:34:18 pm »
Yeah, very creepy that one.

This has been done before. The dad and the daughter are both creepy. She has a knowing, cheesy grin - a bit like "I've got you round here knowing when my dad was back and I was just trying to get him jealous".

Very creepy.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #695 on: September 17, 2018, 12:23:59 pm »
The Nationwide advert that is marketing their refer a friend thing and they have two 20 odd year old 'friends' in a photo booth saying things about each other.

Does my fucking head in.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #696 on: September 17, 2018, 12:32:40 pm »
The new tic tac advert,I don't mind David Haye making a few extra bob but he really needs a better agent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vc-_0oUHx0
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #697 on: September 17, 2018, 02:19:14 pm »
Is it me, or most adds these days being deliberately made to be irritating, the advertising firms may think it's good publicity, but it could well backfire, i tend boycott products/sites that have annoying adds, refuse to use GoCompare, MoneySupermarket sites because of there irritating adds.
#Sausages

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: September 17, 2018, 03:05:11 pm »
Is it me, or most adds these days being deliberately made to be irritating, the advertising firms may think it's good publicity, but it could well backfire, i tend boycott products/sites that have annoying adds, refuse to use GoCompare, MoneySupermarket sites because of there irritating adds.
Wouldn't surprise me as I was thinking the same thing. Like CraigDS said above the new Nationwide one is irritating as fuck as are all of their adverts.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #699 on: September 17, 2018, 03:06:30 pm »
Irritation has been a marketing tactic companies have used for years,because as you say it gets people talking and (annoyingly) makes the adverts memorable.

They're also pretty easy and cheap to make too!

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: September 17, 2018, 03:47:38 pm »
Irritation has been a marketing tactic companies have used for years,because as you say it gets people talking and (annoyingly) makes the adverts memorable.

They're also pretty easy and cheap to make too!

Yes, I can never remember what the good ones are advertising, but I can remember all the shit ones. I tend to either kill the sound or turn the telly over when the ads I hate come on.

One I really hate at the minute, for a few reasons, is the Sunny legalised loan shark advert. Never mind the stupid grinning c*nt on it or the bear rubbing on the caravan, those leeches should not be allowed to have ads on telly. I noticed they will lend up to £2500 at 1251% APR or whatever, so I looked on their site to see their terms.  They have a minimum loan period of 6 months up to 14 months, You cannot see a calculator on their site, so I used another site. £2500 for the minimum 6 months is just over £2600 a month and you pay back £15k, 14 months works out to £36k.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #701 on: September 17, 2018, 04:56:08 pm »
I don't really understand how legalised loan sharks are allowed to exist in such a predatory form. Everyone knows that they're a disgrace and they prey on the desperate and vulnerable, and it seems like it would be very easy for the government to enforce a much more reasonable upper limit on interest rates if they wanted to.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #702 on: September 17, 2018, 09:29:35 pm »
Haven’t seen that Nationwide one until just now....wow that’s shit
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: September 17, 2018, 10:26:59 pm »
Nationwide had to pull their last advertising campaign because it was so shite. They are looking for a repeat with this new one.

Some suit on a 6 figure salary needs sacking.

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #704 on: September 20, 2018, 10:09:56 am »
The new tic tac advert,I don't mind David Haye making a few extra bob but he really needs a better agent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vc-_0oUHx0

Am I being thick, where is David Haye in the ad? Or is he voicing it?
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #705 on: September 21, 2018, 07:42:44 pm »
Have to admit I'm not a huge fan of Jenny Eclair going on about vaginal dryness.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #706 on: September 21, 2018, 09:08:39 pm »
Have to admit I'm not a huge fan of Jenny Eclair going on about vaginal dryness.

But when PMS strikes faaaaaackin ell there's nothing worse than itchy fanny too (probably).

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: September 22, 2018, 11:15:53 am »
By far the most annoying advert on TV at the moment, is a bingo app ad, by a certain newspaper publication that shall remain nameless.

I just want to shoot the fucking TV, every time it's on.  Annoying as fuck.  :no

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #708 on: September 22, 2018, 02:24:25 pm »
By far the most annoying advert on TV at the moment, is a bingo app ad, by a certain newspaper publication that shall remain nameless.

I just want to shoot the fucking TV, every time it's on.  Annoying as fuck.  :no
I change channels when anything to do with that rag comes on.
Was watching a cracker programme about music in the eighties last night, and then Kelvin fucking Mackenzies smarmy fucking face came on the screen  :no
Turned the telly over straight away  :wanker
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: November 7, 2018, 08:54:19 pm »
That new Xmas JD one  :wanker

Any advert with Lingard in has instant bellend factor
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #710 on: November 7, 2018, 09:34:51 pm »
That new Xmas JD one  :wanker

Any advert with Lingard in has instant bellend factor

JD Sports or Jack Daniels? ;)

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: November 7, 2018, 10:31:16 pm »
JD Sports or Jack Daniels? ;)

Is Lingard old enough to be in a Jack Daniels advert? I took him for a 13 year old, what with his ‘ladshakes’ and general banter

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: November 7, 2018, 11:36:32 pm »

Have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of Jenny Eclair.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #713 on: November 8, 2018, 06:42:18 am »
Have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of Jenny Eclair.
Have to admit, I’m not a huge fan of vaginal dryness.

Offline Alex Raisbeck

• Kopite
« Reply #714 on: November 8, 2018, 07:52:45 am »

Absolutely agree-despise every single thing about it-i sing ‘c*nts, c*nts, c*nts..’ loudly throughout which gives me more cathartic pleasure than simply turning over
"How many lives has Liverpool skipper? 'Tis a puzzle that's hard to unravel; Each game he plays is the game of his life''....

Offline Alex Raisbeck

• Kopite
« Reply #715 on: November 8, 2018, 07:57:24 am »
I think that’s true-very similar to the way New Balance/Warrior make dreadful bizarre away/3rd kits

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: November 8, 2018, 08:52:09 am »
Have to admit, I’m not a huge fan of vaginal dryness.

Me neither but it's still funnier than Jenny Eclair.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #717 on: November 8, 2018, 11:44:00 am »
Is Lingard old enough to be in a Jack Daniels advert? I took him for a 13 year old, what with his ‘ladshakes’ and general banter

Perfect target age for a Jack Daniels drinker then.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #718 on: November 8, 2018, 11:57:04 am »
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Alex Raisbeck

• Kopite
« Reply #719 on: November 20, 2018, 08:21:16 am »
The Sainsbury’s ones with the usual recipe of kids and a cover version are unbearable