Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1759488 times)

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #3800 on: May 10, 2017, 01:20:56 pm »
Well done, richly deserved.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3801 on: May 10, 2017, 01:34:28 pm »
Doesnt that have long term consequences?

Shouldn't do. I had it done a few months back. A huge percentage of athletes have at some stage. Not including myself there :).  Outer meniscus has a blood supply and heals well. Inner doesn't and may have to be stitched.  Thats more serious.  The fact there was debate about whether he needed on op suggests it was so minor they thought it might heal without intervention. 
Just for the record I have no medical training.  You just learn a bit when it happens to you.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #3802 on: May 10, 2017, 05:31:25 pm »
Well deserved Sadio - we go again !
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #3803 on: May 14, 2017, 09:11:33 pm »
Liverpool with and without Sadio Mane in the Premier League this season
With Mane     Without Mane
27    Games    7
17    Wins            0 4

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #3804 on: May 14, 2017, 11:45:32 pm »

So what you're saying is we've "not won" 10 of the games he's played, and only 3 of the games he hasn't?

Get rid.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline xhaxhi

• Main Stander
« Reply #3805 on: May 14, 2017, 11:55:10 pm »
Still a better win and loss percentage, when mane is playing.

Online Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3806 on: May 15, 2017, 12:06:31 am »
Still a better win and loss percentage, when mane is playing.
We pretty much just needed to change the system. Its a bit difficult playing the same way with your only pacy/skilful winger out.
Mods can you change my name to Melissa x

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #3807 on: May 21, 2017, 06:06:58 pm »
Liverpool with and without Sadio Mane in the Premier League this season
With Mane     Without Mane
27    Games    8
17    Wins            0 5

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3808 on: May 21, 2017, 06:45:25 pm »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3809 on: July 18, 2017, 04:17:28 pm »
Sadio Mane set to resume full training next week, Jürgen Klopp has confirmed. http://lfc.tv/AS55

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seńor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3810 on: July 18, 2017, 04:32:05 pm »
Very excited to see him play again

He can be a huge difference-maker if he's available all season this time around. Would have been on course to score 20 or so league goals last season if he'd played every game iirc, though that's obviously a gross simplification.

Only area I'd perhaps like him to adjust his game is to trust his speed more and try more often to go past a player with the ball. Not that he doesn't already do it, but he's quick enough to do it more I think.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 04:36:27 pm by rowan_d »

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3811 on: July 18, 2017, 04:44:18 pm »
Can't wait to see the look of fear in the eyes of the opposition this season when they see Mane, Salah, Firmino, Lallana and Coutinho on the pitch at the same time!

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #3812 on: July 19, 2017, 08:44:33 pm »
While we're all panicking about Keita it's easy to forget that this man is returning to the fold alongside the newly acquired bolt of lightning Salah. We may need some more steel in our midfield and defence but make no mistake about it - our attack is going to hand out some batterings next season again.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seńor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3813 on: July 19, 2017, 08:57:48 pm »
I honestly don't remember ever seeing us play with two absolutely rapid players out wide

Looking forward to our counterattacks, especially if Coutinho is in the middle

Offline rednick75

• Begets Rednich85
  • Anny Roader
  • If the shit fits, wear it!
    • Rednick75 Youtube
« Reply #3814 on: July 20, 2017, 12:08:31 am »
Song for Mane to the tune of Papa loves Mambo

Sa-di-o Ma-ne
Duh duh duh duh duh duh
Sa-di-o Ma-ne
Duh duh duh duh duh duh
He'll run away with it
Back of the net with it
Brings the house down with it wow
Huh!

(repeat)

Offline Boer_War

• Main Stander
« Reply #3815 on: July 20, 2017, 12:14:20 am »
Thank Fowler we aren't trying to buy this guy in this transfer window.

I'd hate to think how much our B team would be asking.
Get 8% cash back from the official store

http://www.quidco.com/user/4882829

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3816 on: July 20, 2017, 05:26:17 am »
He's got a song

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3817 on: July 20, 2017, 11:17:07 am »
Can't wait to see the look of fear in the eyes of the opposition this season when they see Mane, Salah, Firmino, Lallana and Coutinho on the pitch at the same time!

Only matched by the look of fear in the eyes of our defenders ;D

Lallana probably drops out for a bit more balance.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3818 on: July 20, 2017, 11:20:17 am »
Mane and Salah on wings with Firmino's movement and Coutinho from deeper is going to be great.

But how often will we see those 4 in same side. Let's hope we get lucky with injuries.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline LOHAG

• Main Stander
« Reply #3819 on: July 20, 2017, 09:37:32 pm »
Good news regards the AFCON tournament too this week.
The fact Mo, and who knows Naby (I know, maybe not our concern) wont be missing a month in 2019 is good for LFC.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3820 on: July 21, 2017, 04:16:24 am »
Only matched by the look of fear in the eyes of our defenders ;D

Lallana probably drops out for a bit more balance.

I dunno, with those 5 in the team would the opposition ever get possession? Can see Migs pulling out a copy of War and Peace midway through the half.

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3821 on: July 21, 2017, 03:52:12 pm »
I have a feeling that Mane might lead the line this season, with Coutinho and Salah behind him. Phil is lethal playing on the left and cutting inside onto his right, and Salah seems to be the same on the right cutting in onto his left. A lot of goals to be had like that with Mane causing fucking mayhem in the middle.

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #3822 on: July 21, 2017, 04:02:47 pm »
I have a feeling that Mane might lead the line this season, with Coutinho and Salah behind him. Phil is lethal playing on the left and cutting inside onto his right, and Salah seems to be the same on the right cutting in onto his left. A lot of goals to be had like that with Mane causing fucking mayhem in the middle.

I think Klopp likes Bob so much he has wet dreams about him, no way he is getting dropped, and I would agree with that, he is exactly the type of forward we need to lead the line.
With all the hints he also dropped about Phil being moved in the midfield I think the best bet is to have Mane-Bob-Salah up front
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3823 on: July 21, 2017, 04:35:47 pm »
I think Klopp likes Bob so much he has wet dreams about him, no way he is getting dropped, and I would agree with that, he is exactly the type of forward we need to lead the line.
With all the hints he also dropped about Phil being moved in the midfield I think the best bet is to have Mane-Bob-Salah up front

I get he loves Bob, and I'm a fan myself. But I think Mane leading the line has the potential to hit 20 goals a season. I don't think Bob can get this. Also moving Phil deeper might mean less goal scoring opportunities for him. I also think as long as Lallana, Gini and Henderson are fit, we don't need Phil to drop deeper.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3824 on: July 21, 2017, 04:39:44 pm »
Also moving Phil deeper might mean less goal scoring opportunities for him. I also think as long as Lallana, Gini and Henderson are fit, we don't need Phil to drop deeper.

Coutinho got 3 goals and 1 assist in the last two games of the season playing deeper.

I don't think we need to worry about his productivity playing deeper.

I think Mane (or Salah) could play as a central striker.  But it is unlikely given our current options.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3825 on: July 21, 2017, 04:42:10 pm »
I get he loves Bob, and I'm a fan myself. But I think Mane leading the line has the potential to hit 20 goals a season. I don't think Bob can get this. Also moving Phil deeper might mean less goal scoring opportunities for him. I also think as long as Lallana, Gini and Henderson are fit, we don't need Phil to drop deeper.

I also think Mane has the potential to hit 20 league goals from wide right or wide left, he doesn't need to be central- he gets into brilliant goalscoring positions consistently where ever he plays. He got 13 in 27 last season, I think he can kick on again and get even better.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3826 on: July 21, 2017, 05:27:03 pm »

I definitely think Klopp will try this plenty if we sign Keita or another midfielder because it gives us an extra man in midfield while making us exclusively lightening quick in attacking areas

He'd be mad not to really, they're the most ruthless front three attacking options available to us now that Sturridge has lost some of his sharpness (particularly on his weaker foot) in front of goal IMO.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3827 on: July 21, 2017, 06:48:18 pm »
Have a word, la.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3828 on: July 24, 2017, 03:43:37 pm »
Back in training.  I'm glad they let him take his time with the injury to fully recover. Can't wait for him and Salah to just destroy teams this year.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #3829 on: July 25, 2017, 08:46:46 pm »
The real beauty will lie not so much in the pace alone but the way in which the will drift inside and switch positions and both look to get beyond the defenders both with and without the ball. That fluidity was evident last season early doors and can hopefully be sustained over a longer period.
The interchange and the pace it potentially could be played at is breathtaking, with a Coutinho/Henderson pulling the strings, Lallana on the front foot. Looking forward to seeing Sadio back but with a couple of new mates to help him along.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3830 on: July 26, 2017, 09:41:34 pm »
What a lift to see Sadio back with the squad now, he looked well happy on the team photos.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #3831 on: July 27, 2017, 01:43:30 am »
To think that a few seasons ago we had a washed up Joe Cole and Stewart Downing on the wings... Mane and Salah are a dream come true!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3832 on: July 27, 2017, 09:22:13 am »
Have not seen any of the friendlies but i am desperate to see him play again. I presume he may get a run out against Bayern?

With the fact that he missed a fair bit of pre season is there a chance he doesnt start the season in the first 11 if everybody else is fit?

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3833 on: July 27, 2017, 10:23:32 am »
The best thing about our team will be our front 4 when all fit. If they stay fit most the season we have a good season regardless of anything else. It's when they get injured and we then have to grind out more wins. That's when I worry. and a lot. Why our transfer targets are vital. 
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3834 on: July 27, 2017, 12:49:52 pm »
Looking sharp in training.

Offline MattyBoy21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3835 on: July 27, 2017, 01:18:55 pm »
Looking sharp in training.

Love his little show of frustration that Origi never got on the end of that!

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3836 on: July 27, 2017, 05:34:43 pm »
Mane from the left is my everything ... he's going to be unstoppable

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
« Reply #3837 on: July 27, 2017, 05:51:50 pm »
Mane from the left is my everything ... he's going to be unstoppable

Exhibit A:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ptDmL6eGq_w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ptDmL6eGq_w</a>

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3838 on: July 27, 2017, 10:21:49 pm »
Have not seen any of the friendlies but i am desperate to see him play again. I presume he may get a run out against Bayern?

With the fact that he missed a fair bit of pre season is there a chance he doesnt start the season in the first 11 if everybody else is fit?

He looked pretty good in the training session today hasn't lost any of his speed. The game against Bayern is on ITV4 next week, so hopefully he'll play then.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
« Reply #3839 on: July 29, 2017, 05:55:31 pm »
A very good outing for him in the sense that he did not shy away from challenges. He did not hesitate to put and stretch his leg in his first game. A good sign.
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.