Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5718145 times)

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Wenger Gone - Unai Emery appointed
« Reply #53920 on: November 3, 2019, 08:55:44 am »
Not good when leaks start appearing inside clubs, you really get the idea Emery is on the edge at the moment. No excuse for young players being so disrespectful though.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/arsenal-vs-wolves-premier-league-results-final-score-goals-a9182546.html

What was this in reference to Jill? Link wouldn't load for me for some reason

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #53921 on: November 3, 2019, 09:35:06 am »

Basically that the younger players have very little respect for him and are not afraid to talk about it. There are clear signs that there are leaks and different groups going in different directions among the players. The bit about the younger player came from a source at the training ground, which could even indicate its from a staff member as well. Either way Emery is losing any respect he may once have enjoyed.

Here is the first paragraph.

It is a familiar sound around Arsenal’s London Colney base, often followed by stifled sniggering.

Many of the club’s younger players now openly do impressions of Unai Emery, in a way that is a lot more cynical than those light-hearted “good ebening” internet memes.
That greeting is one of the few elements that give the Arsenal manager a bit of public personality, but one of many elements some of his squad will – in the words of one training ground source – “mercilessly take the piss out of”.

And while some of that is typical behaviour under any boss, it is here typical of a club where his very direction and authority is under question.

So much for the sense that underlay a lot of the 2018-19 season, where it often felt that a lack of identity at Arsenal was making their matches much less interesting.

Hardly surprising they can't hold on for victories with this lot happening.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53922 on: November 3, 2019, 09:40:41 am »

More boos and groans at Arsenal, and yet more dropped points. Granit Xhaka was this time not there, but an underwhelming Mesut Ozil was, indicating these setbacks are down to so much more than any one player. Whether they’re still down to one man, however, is another matter.

Unai Emery’s increasingly confusing tactics - counter-attacking but counter-productive - felt like they directly fed into this 1-1 home draw with Wolves, making it a third successive league game without a win.

No proper sorry from Xhaka, but another sorry performance from his team.

The word at Arsenal is that the manager has not fully lost the dressing room yet, but that won’t be long coming if he can’t actually figure out how to win any games. Actually sacrificing leads through his substitutions only worsens it, as he literally makes his team worse.

And this is the major problem in this team right now.

Far from getting more of an idea of themselves the longer Emery is over this team, Arsenal seem less and less sure of themselves, or what they’re supposed to be doing.

Last season's dull functionality has given way to a more unpredictable incompetence.

It is now as if everything he touches just gets worse, from the Xhaka issue to the Ozil issue to the fact both of those have now been overshadowed by another poor result.

Wolves, however, were anything but poor.

They were the better team for most of the game, and probably deserved more.

The truth behind what’s really going on at Emery’s Arsenal
The wonder is just why - again - Arsenal gave them so much of the play.

Despite finally having their best pure footballer on the pitch in Ozil, Emery’s side were still so oddly reluctant to actually get on the ball and take it to Wolves, again standing off in such a strange way. You could say there was a one-off logic because Wolves themselves are a conspicuously counter-attacking team, except Arsenal now do this most of the time.

It meant most of the game was an awful lot of nothing, Wolves not quite comfortable with being just invited on.

It is precisely this that has been a source of so much frustration to Arsenal fans - and some of the players - under Emery, but it does admittedly offer one release. The approach allows Aubameyang and Lacazette to play in the same team, and the only moments where this game really sparked was when they combined.

It of course led to the goal. After typically good work from Matteo Guendouzi out wide, he played the ball into Lacazette who cut it back for his strike partner. Aubameyang duly guided it into the corner of Rui Patricio’s net.

All the best moments involved them, and occasionally Dani Ceballos and Ozil. One divine Ceballos ball down the right almost released the duo. One glorious Ozil backheel from Aubameyang pass saw Lacazette blaze over.

It was occasionally enjoyable, but this was kind of the problem. It all felt instinctive and off the cuff rather than integrated.

Wolves very quickly realised they had a more coherent idea of play, but the question whether they had the quality to actually make it count.

A certain unfamiliarity with having so much of the ball meant most of the best chances fell to the man on the edge of it. Ruben Neves, however, couldn’t quite find his range.

He was narrowly over with one trademark long-range shot, and then hit an effort a bit too close to Leno when arriving late in the box.

And that was what was so infuriating, beyond the fact that Emery’s substitutions - another long-term flaw - cost Arsenal any initiative they actually had. Wolves had been working so hard to get nowhere, only for Arsenal to just offer them the easiest way through.

They just switched off, especially Ceballos… and the centre-halves… and most of the defence. Take your pick. Wolves were able to.

Jonny played an unchallenged throw to the edge of the box, Joao Moutinho hooked it across first-time, and Raul Jimenez headed in from close range. There just felt so many opportunities to clear it, or do anything.

This was again the price of Emery’s approach.

This is why, no matter what happens with Xhaka, no matter what happens with Ozil, there always feels another problem around the corner.

The next win, however, doesn’t look so close.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #53923 on: November 3, 2019, 09:47:35 am »
They are still 5th, which is as good as they are going to get in my opinion. I would stick with Emery unless something dramatic happens and throw anything at Rafa next season

Looks like they want Mourinho and fickle as some of their fans are, they're getting on board with that as well. Shocking, after the history between Mourinho and Wenger.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53924 on: November 3, 2019, 09:50:03 am »
Looks like they want Mourinho and fickle as some of their fans are, they're getting on board with that as well. Shocking, after the history between Mourinho and Wenger.

Will Mourinho have money to spend though? I'm amazed about these rumours to be honest, I can't think of a less suited partnership than Mourinho and Arsenal. It just proves the lack of clarity those who run the club have. When he starts throwing players under buses when his outdated style fails to kick in what then?

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53925 on: November 3, 2019, 10:18:48 am »
Will Mourinho have money to spend though? I'm amazed about these rumours to be honest, I can't think of a less suited partnership than Mourinho and Arsenal. It just proves the lack of clarity those who run the club have. When he starts throwing players under buses when his outdated style fails to kick in what then?

Not to mention an obvious point that they do have some decent younger players whose progress will be setback significantly for the 2-3 seasons that he'd be there, they need a manager who wants to build something there and that's never been Mourinho's aim.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53926 on: November 3, 2019, 10:45:17 am »
Emery is a fraud

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #53927 on: November 3, 2019, 10:54:47 am »
If they had any sense they’d have gone for Rodgers instead of Emery and should do again, but they’re seemingly one of those fanbases who hate the idea of having a ‘failed’ Liverpool manager in charge. Rafa has had the same thing since he left, the amount of clubs that he was frankly above managing anyway who were appalled at the idea is ridiculous.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53928 on: November 3, 2019, 10:58:51 am »
Would swerve Rodgers if I was them, he goes on a bad run it gets toxic fast, if rafa or allegri are gettable now then pull the trigger as those two have a good enough cv that will provide them with the wiggle room during a bad run that Rodgers won’t have with them

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53929 on: November 3, 2019, 11:01:10 am »
I think they need to bring the Arsenal way back to the Club. Who would be the Solskjaer equivalent for them? Kanu maybe? Has Sylvan Wiltord got his coaching badges yet?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #53930 on: November 3, 2019, 11:03:48 am »
I think they need to bring the Arsenal way back to the Club. Who would be the Solskjaer equivalent for them? Kanu maybe? Has Sylvan Wiltord got his coaching badges yet?

I hear more and more shouts on aftv about bringing Patrick Vieira so there's that

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53931 on: November 3, 2019, 11:12:39 am »
ljungberg is the assistant isn’t he?

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53932 on: November 3, 2019, 11:22:46 am »

Think the problem is bar Allegri probably, there's no real obvious top candidates. The bookies have Arteta, Vieira, Allegri, Mourinho, Rodgers, Nuno Santos and Ljungberg as the 7 favourites to take over just now.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53933 on: November 3, 2019, 12:08:42 pm »
Emery is a fraud

Did OK with Sevilla.

Just seems it was his level. Not sure it quite makes him a fraud. Just a man slightly out of his depth.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #53934 on: November 3, 2019, 12:35:03 pm »
I would think there is a much greater chance of Mourinho ending up of Spurs rather than Arsenal. 

Did OK with Sevilla.

Just seems it was his level. Not sure it quite makes him a fraud. Just a man slightly out of his depth.

Yep. I think Sevilla was his level. He's been caught out at club's pushing for a more attacking ethos

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #53935 on: November 3, 2019, 12:51:55 pm »

Only one man for the job

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53936 on: November 3, 2019, 02:39:29 pm »
Did OK with Sevilla.

went a season without winning away which should have been a red flag, think he’d be alright at a West Ham or an everton but not at one of the traditional big three english sides

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #53937 on: November 3, 2019, 02:43:33 pm »
Only one man for the job

Who the hell is that
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53938 on: November 3, 2019, 02:44:21 pm »
Who the hell is that
i think it’s tony adams

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #53939 on: November 3, 2019, 02:45:11 pm »
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #53940 on: November 3, 2019, 03:02:13 pm »
i think it’s tony adams

Yeah when he got the Granada job

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wGhrr0XGqXo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wGhrr0XGqXo</a>

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #53941 on: November 3, 2019, 03:29:12 pm »
What's George Graham doing these days?

He can't be much older than Roy?
You try me once you beg for more.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53942 on: November 3, 2019, 03:32:56 pm »
What's George Graham doing these days?

He can't be much older than Roy?
only 4 years older than wenger

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53943 on: November 3, 2019, 03:35:24 pm »
Bring Wenger back

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53945 on: November 3, 2019, 04:35:49 pm »
Mourinho would be a disaster in the long term for them. He might get them in CL for a season or two though.

Given their team composition and the negativity surrounding the club even Allegri and Rafa wouldn't be ideal choices. Might as well get Wenger as caretaker and try to go for Nagelsmann next summer.

They fucked up in the last transfer window by spending big for Pepe and buying a bargain CB in Luiz.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53946 on: November 3, 2019, 04:41:21 pm »
70m fo Pepe was an absolute steal  ;)

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #53947 on: November 3, 2019, 05:03:08 pm »
70m fo Pepe was an absolute steal  ;)

So was £8m for Luiz.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53948 on: November 3, 2019, 05:04:39 pm »
So was £8m for Luiz.

I always read his name as Lulz, cause that's what he brings to the game, every time he plays.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53949 on: November 3, 2019, 07:31:05 pm »
Only one man for the job

You know what,if you'd have asked me 20 years ago to name a current player that I thought was a certainty to be a top manager, and I'd have instantly said Tony Adams, shows how much I know!

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #53950 on: November 3, 2019, 07:35:01 pm »

Remember the days when they made fun of our style of play under Houllier, and now they want Mourinho. I'm loving it :)
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53951 on: November 3, 2019, 07:40:14 pm »
You know what,if you'd have asked me 20 years ago to name a current player that I thought was a certainty to be a top manager, and I'd have instantly said Tony Adams, shows how much I know!
i thought hyypia would be a top manager and look at how he did!

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #53952 on: November 3, 2019, 07:45:04 pm »
I like being an Arsenal wellwisher, I’d be devastated if they went and hired Mourinho.  Even apart from the history and the obnoxiousness, he’d offer them nothing beyond a chance of shoring the defence up short-term, and he’s so clearly not in line with how they see themselves as a club no matter how many 1-0 to the Arsenals he might promise.

I’d hope they have a bit more imagination than that; there’s been talk about Arteta and Vieira, or promoting Ljungberg.  I honestly think they should be having a look at Gerrard too.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53953 on: November 3, 2019, 08:02:34 pm »
Seeing as bayern have just sacked kovac it’d be hilarious if they got allegri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53954 on: November 3, 2019, 08:09:37 pm »
Mourinho the favourite to replace him apparently, Jesus wept.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #53955 on: November 3, 2019, 08:21:05 pm »
Mourinho the favourite to replace him apparently, Jesus wept.
That’d actually be quite entertaining, if only for the internal politics of the thing.  Imagine the glee with which he’d set about trashing Guardiola’s legacy there.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53956 on: November 3, 2019, 08:22:22 pm »

The rumours are Bayern are after Allegri.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53957 on: November 3, 2019, 09:13:49 pm »
The rumours are Bayern are after Allegri.
this would be good as it would take a potentially good choice for the mancs out too

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #53958 on: November 3, 2019, 09:14:50 pm »
this would be good as it would take a potentially good choice for the mancs out too

Genuinely past caring who might manage them. I mean some are funnier than others but their problems go so much deeper than who the manager is.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53959 on: November 4, 2019, 12:20:49 am »
Oh boy they are in trouble - they have to play Leeeeewchester this weekend.