Author Topic: Space exploration thread - Unexpected Rapid Disassembly in the launch area.  (Read 312994 times)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Re: Space exploration thread
« Reply #2320 on: May 30, 2020, 08:22:53 pm »
Go for launch

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2321 on: May 30, 2020, 08:23:22 pm »
It's up!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2322 on: May 30, 2020, 08:23:39 pm »
Goosebumps

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2323 on: May 30, 2020, 08:33:02 pm »
Falcon 9 lands !!!!!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2324 on: May 30, 2020, 08:33:47 pm »
That was amazing!

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2325 on: May 30, 2020, 08:34:31 pm »
Can't believe they lost pictures of it landing, the space deniers will be having a field day over that ;D

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2326 on: May 30, 2020, 08:34:36 pm »
The live feed of the rocket landing cut out just before it landed. :(

Need a recorded view of that.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2327 on: May 30, 2020, 08:36:11 pm »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2328 on: May 30, 2020, 08:39:28 pm »
that was nerve wracking and emotional.  Amazing achievement.  8)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2329 on: May 30, 2020, 08:40:01 pm »
Brilliant stuff. Pity the CNN coverage missed the actual launch and the loss of signal before Falcon landed, but so far it's fantastic.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #2330 on: May 30, 2020, 08:40:07 pm »
I could do without the Jerry Springer audience whoopin & hollerin all the time in the background of every stream, but America gonna America, I guess.  Still exciting to watch, though!

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2331 on: May 30, 2020, 08:40:33 pm »
Brilliant stuff. Pity the CNN coverage missed the actual launch and the loss of signal before Falcon landed, but so far it's fantastic.

Everywhere lost signal for the Falcon landing
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2332 on: May 30, 2020, 08:45:41 pm »
Oh for fuck sake. We've got sock puppets on now sucking Trumps balls. Now he'll be comparing himself to Kennedy. Fucking hell!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2333 on: May 30, 2020, 08:46:53 pm »
I give it 5 years before China overtakes them in space exploration.

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2334 on: May 30, 2020, 08:51:59 pm »
Oh for fuck sake. We've got sock puppets on now sucking Trumps balls. Now he'll be comparing himself to Kennedy. Fucking hell!

haha. I was half expecting him to say "Team America, fuck yeah"

That was awesome

God speed Doug and Bob.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2335 on: May 30, 2020, 08:56:02 pm »
"The Fake News will never thank me for the great job I did designing the super duper rocket myself. Sad. Astronauts have been coming up to me with tears in their eyes thanking me for not letting Sleepy Joe and his Chinese spies sabotage our powerful space program."
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2336 on: May 30, 2020, 08:57:56 pm »
SPACE FORCE!  8)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2337 on: May 30, 2020, 09:01:46 pm »
USA! USA!

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2338 on: May 30, 2020, 09:02:33 pm »
That masked, socially distance mission control is quite sobering.

I want that nasa jacket though.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2339 on: May 30, 2020, 09:08:08 pm »
I felt a felt a bit stressed out watching that to be honest.

I've done the rocket launches in VR and even those stress me out!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2340 on: May 30, 2020, 09:09:58 pm »
I felt a felt a bit stressed out watching that to be honest.

I've done the rocket launches in VR and even those stress me out!
:lmao

That live fuelling was a bit nerve wracking ....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2341 on: May 30, 2020, 09:31:25 pm »
When does it dock?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2342 on: May 30, 2020, 09:33:00 pm »
You can try to dock the Dragon yourselves:
https://iss-sim.spacex.com/

:)
Fucking difficult that. Thought I got it there but I was going too fast and everyone died.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2343 on: May 30, 2020, 09:54:35 pm »
When does it dock?

Sometime tomorrow, think it's around a 19 hour flight

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2344 on: May 30, 2020, 10:01:33 pm »
Sometime tomorrow, think it's around a 19 hour flight
Ohh...

That’s a long flight...
W

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2345 on: May 30, 2020, 10:14:46 pm »

What was the purpose of the tall white tower with the tank on top, a few hundred yards from the launch tower? Does it feed fuel to the rocket? I noticed it was shedding vapor as much as the rocket prior to launch.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #2346 on: May 30, 2020, 10:17:22 pm »
Just saw it going over the neighbours houses  8)
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2347 on: May 30, 2020, 10:26:19 pm »
Just saw it going over the neighbours houses  8)

Popped in to use the loo?
W

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #2348 on: May 30, 2020, 10:30:48 pm »
Popped in to use the loo?
Aye; ours is blocked to fuck.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2349 on: May 30, 2020, 10:59:38 pm »
You can try to dock the Dragon yourselves:
https://iss-sim.spacex.com/

:)

Success.

Now, when do I get to fly a rocket for real?

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2350 on: May 30, 2020, 11:05:37 pm »
If I'm reading what's on the screen properly, the Dragon is 800km from the ISS. Why will it take another 16 hours to dock?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2351 on: May 30, 2020, 11:06:22 pm »
If I'm reading what's on the screen properly, the Dragon is 800km from the ISS. Why will it take another 16 hours to dock?
The iss is moving like shit off a stick too.
W

Online FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2352 on: May 30, 2020, 11:14:16 pm »
Success.

Now, when do I get to fly a rocket for real?

They'll probably give you a call when they need a fridge shifting on the ISS, don't think any of the fellas up there are qualified

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2353 on: May 30, 2020, 11:20:36 pm »
A pretty interesting and important day but it just felt off to me. Maybe it's because I detest Elon Musk and hated his company being up in lights, but it felt very clinical and sterile. I guess this is what the future looks like for space travel, but even the suits looked weird as fuck.

Offline soxfan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2354 on: May 30, 2020, 11:45:41 pm »
A pretty interesting and important day but it just felt off to me.
Well, the planet's in chaos right now. I'm sure the two astronauts were telling each other "Thank fuck we're off that place."  Seriously, imagine how great it must feel to be the only two people who can escape and forget about this hellhole for 110 days. No COVID-19, no Trump, no racism, no riots...
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2355 on: May 31, 2020, 03:40:34 am »
Reason why the live feed cut just as the rocket touched down.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hH75bVG7HBo&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hH75bVG7HBo&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Online PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2356 on: May 31, 2020, 02:50:30 pm »

Not the same with VAR either.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2357 on: May 31, 2020, 03:20:09 pm »
Incredible scenes

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2358 on: May 31, 2020, 03:23:25 pm »
Docking well underway. All looks well so far.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #2359 on: May 31, 2020, 03:29:05 pm »
Reason why the live feed cut just as the rocket touched down.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hH75bVG7HBo&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hH75bVG7HBo&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Sending people into space ......meh
Travelling thousands of miles an hour in seconds...........meh
docking with a space station...................meh

Rocking landing back on earth on it's own....................what! no way!!!! f**k off!!! you seeing this shit!!!!