Author Topic: Loan Watch 2018-2019  (Read 181447 times)

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Loan Watch 2018-2019
« Reply #320 on: October 27, 2018, 12:51:57 pm »
Now he’s hit the post

Playing in midfield three but gets involved every attack

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #321 on: October 27, 2018, 03:53:42 pm »
When's Grujic expected back?
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: October 28, 2018, 05:28:43 pm »
Ejaria still looks a talent. Playing in cup semi final on bt sport

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: October 29, 2018, 04:27:58 pm »
"Liverpool have reportedly had a strange offer to take back goalkeeper Loris Karius from Beşiktaş.

The offer, according to reports coming out of Turkey, would see striker Divock Origi replace him at the Spuer Lig club.

Reports have emerged in recent weeks that the Turkish giants are unhappy with Karius and are ready to send him back to Anfield in January."

Beşiktaş struck a two-year-loan deal for the goalkeeper n the summer with an clause to buy, but the German’s form is apparently a growing concern.

According to Fotomac, the Turkish Super Lig club have lost patience with the German and have decided to table the exact same offer to Liverpool for the out-of-favour Origi.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-news-transfers-live-wijnaldum-15331134

The Echo rehashing stories from Turkey. Doesn't sound too promising for Karius over there

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: October 29, 2018, 04:54:13 pm »
weird as hell in any case....

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #325 on: October 29, 2018, 07:54:21 pm »
I think he's doing okay at Beşiktaş. He had a couple gaffs but he did save them a point by saving a penalty during the season and there hasn't been a question of him being dropped at all (Just checked, he started today for them too, and they won 4-1). Their club captain is a goalie, I'd think they'd drop Loris if he was actually awful for them. I think it's just newspapers fishing for stories. The lad's been through enough, wish they'd leave him alone.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #326 on: October 30, 2018, 10:43:05 am »
Dominic King@DominicKing_DM
This story about Loris Karius potentially returning to Liverpool: it can’t happen. Beşiktaş have signed a two-year deal and couldn’t just send him back on a whim. Added fact is Beşiktaş are happy with his form

Offline Maldini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: October 30, 2018, 04:29:17 pm »
The Echo will print any old sh-te these days for a few hits

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: October 30, 2018, 05:43:56 pm »
Dominic King@DominicKing_DM
This story about Loris Karius potentially returning to Liverpool: it can’t happen. Beşiktaş have signed a two-year deal and couldn’t just send him back on a whim. Added fact is Beşiktaş are happy with his form
No, they are not though. Fans are furious with his mistakes. He is just lucky that their 2nd keeper is totally garbage.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #329 on: October 30, 2018, 05:54:47 pm »
No, they are not though. Fans are furious with his mistakes. He is just lucky that their 2nd keeper is totally garbage.

Where is this from?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: October 30, 2018, 05:57:34 pm »
Where is this from?

Elsewhere. It says so right in the name.

:D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #331 on: October 31, 2018, 12:22:53 am »
Harry Wilson - can the United slayer at OT repeat the feat at the Bridge?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: October 31, 2018, 03:00:39 am »
Elsewhere. It says so right in the name.

:D

Straddles the line between dad humor and brilliance
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #333 on: October 31, 2018, 10:36:35 am »

The tweet says Beşiktaş are happy, doesn't matter what the fans think. Imagine if the fans opinion was what mattered in deciding of clubs are happy with players ;D

When's Grujic expected back?

He has been in Liverpool recently, he was certainly at the Red Star game, maybe at the Cardiff game too.  He underwent some medical treatment/exams here apparently.

He's still listed as being injured for Hertha's game vs Dortmund at the weekend.  He was still doing rehab on his injury last week, hopefully he'll be back ready to go soon!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 10:38:08 am by Dië Nullfuenfer »

Online Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #334 on: October 31, 2018, 11:29:48 am »
For those who have been following their development more closely, what do you make of Grujic and Erajia's chances of making it at pool? They seem to have that mix of skill sets which allow them to play at a 6 and 8, or a hybrid of the positions, skill sets invaluable to how we play now.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: October 31, 2018, 11:44:49 am »
Where is this from?
friends who support Beşiktaş and their forums, i am a Fenerbahce fan but follow their fan forums as well.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #336 on: October 31, 2018, 12:02:20 pm »
For those who have been following their development more closely, what do you make of Grujic and Erajia's chances of making it at pool? They seem to have that mix of skill sets which allow them to play at a 6 and 8, or a hybrid of the positions, skill sets invaluable to how we play now.

With Grujic, so far he's doing very well for Hertha, but of course, he got injured, which was a damn shame, cos he had such a positive start. As for if that translates to Liverpool, I honestly can't see it as a first team regular, but as a squad player? I could see it, he's a big powerful player, the lad certainly has talent. I could see him being a good understudy for someone like Hendo. Problem is, Hendo is only 28, not ready to be put out to pasture for a good while yet  ;D  So would Grujic ever get decent game time here with Gini, Fab, Hendo all in the mix. That'd be the tough part for me. Anyway, be interesting to see how he gets on for the rest of the season, if he gets over this injury quite quickly and gets back into the team on a regular basis as he was before, it will give a better indication of what the future might hold. Hertha are a team who want to be competing for those European spots in the Bundesliga, it's a good team for him to be on for sure.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: November 1, 2018, 01:32:00 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/01/loris-karius-liverpool-Beşiktaş-turkish-media

"Contrary to popular belief the Beşiktaş management are happy with Karius and are bewildered by claims they want to get rid of him. The general feeling at the club is that Karius has settled in well to life in the city. He did not have a pre-season with the team but has adapted quickly.

The German has gone out of his way to make an effort with the fans. He has not locked himself away on the outskirts of the city as high-profile players who arrive in Istanbul often do. He can often be found frequenting cafes around the Beşiktaş area mingling with supporters and taking photos with them."
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: November 1, 2018, 01:40:26 pm »
The tweet says Beşiktaş are happy, doesn't matter what the fans think. Imagine if the fans opinion was what mattered in deciding of clubs are happy with players ;D

He has been in Liverpool recently, he was certainly at the Red Star game, maybe at the Cardiff game too.  He underwent some medical treatment/exams here apparently.

He's still listed as being injured for Hertha's game vs Dortmund at the weekend.  He was still doing rehab on his injury last week, hopefully he'll be back ready to go soon!

Was definitely also at the Cardiff game, spotted him in the crowd

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #339 on: November 1, 2018, 04:00:02 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/01/loris-karius-liverpool-Beşiktaş-turkish-media

"Contrary to popular belief the Beşiktaş management are happy with Karius and are bewildered by claims they want to get rid of him. The general feeling at the club is that Karius has settled in well to life in the city. He did not have a pre-season with the team but has adapted quickly.

The German has gone out of his way to make an effort with the fans. He has not locked himself away on the outskirts of the city as high-profile players who arrive in Istanbul often do. He can often be found frequenting cafes around the Beşiktaş area mingling with supporters and taking photos with them."

The article also theorizes that part of the reason behind the rumours is that the Turkish media have noticed the English press doesn't bother to fact check rumours and instead copy and pastes a translated version of the text. Pure clickbait
« Last Edit: November 1, 2018, 04:01:36 pm by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seńor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #340 on: November 1, 2018, 04:53:17 pm »
Fans are furious though, I heard.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: November 1, 2018, 05:28:07 pm »
The article also theorizes that part of the reason behind the rumours is that the Turkish media have noticed the English press doesn't bother to fact check rumours and instead copy and pastes a translated version of the text. Pure clickbait

Yeah.

And that Beşiktaş' no.2 goalkeeper is Turkish so that might have something to do wth it.

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: November 2, 2018, 11:05:36 pm »
He'll be a player here for 10 more years.
absolutely hilarious

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #343 on: November 2, 2018, 11:20:11 pm »
absolutely hilarious

Absolutely hilarious believing one of our home-grown youngsters, proving himself out on loan for a long period of time now, will be at the club for 10 more years. Sorry for that, I'm really embarrassed by you calling me out on it.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: November 3, 2018, 02:20:46 am »
Was definitely also at the Cardiff game, spotted him in the crowd
Yes. You can see Grujic in the Inside Anfield video of the Cardiff game, at 0:25 and 9:29.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPZ70dcDmG0
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: November 3, 2018, 09:04:17 am »
Absolutely hilarious believing one of our home-grown youngsters, proving himself out on loan for a long period of time now, will be at the club for 10 more years. Sorry for that, I'm really embarrassed by you calling me out on it.
I'd love you to be right, but to state that his achievements thus far entitle him to a 10 year Anfield career is ridiculous.

At the moment I reckon he's on course to command a nice fee next summer.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #346 on: November 3, 2018, 09:08:08 am »
I'd love you to be right, but to state that his achievements thus far entitle him to a 10 year Anfield career is ridiculous.

At the moment I reckon he's on course to command a nice fee next summer.

Where did he say he’s entitled?

As far as I can see he gave an opinion that he’ll be here in 10 years. Not that he’s entitled to be.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #347 on: November 3, 2018, 09:11:21 am »
Where did he say he’s entitled?

As far as I can see he gave an opinion that he’ll be here in 10 years. Not that he’s entitled to be.

KingKolo is entitled to make things up Craig
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: November 3, 2018, 09:57:44 am »
friends who support Beşiktaş and their forums, i am a Fenerbahce fan but follow their fan forums as well.

Didn't realise that you were one of those.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: November 3, 2018, 10:08:23 am »
Didn't realise that you were one of those.

Didn't realise he had any friends.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: November 3, 2018, 04:15:39 pm »
Wilson just scored again for Derby.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #351 on: November 3, 2018, 04:19:41 pm »
Wilson just scored again for Derby.

Another free kick  :)

Online phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #352 on: November 3, 2018, 04:44:22 pm »
Woodburn gets 10 minutes for the Blades!

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: November 3, 2018, 05:14:03 pm »
Wilson putting himself in the shop window again I see. His free kicks are worth 10 million alone.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: November 4, 2018, 10:56:26 am »
Great free kick and he hit the post with one as well

Seems to be a paper (no idea which one as it was just the article screenshotted) pushing the idea he can't afford to 'waste time' here and should do a Sancho

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: November 4, 2018, 12:42:27 pm »
Wilson putting himself in the shop window again I see. His free kicks are worth 10 million alone.

Watched the highlights and he looked really good. His free kicks are superb, brilliant invention on the one he scored with.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #356 on: November 4, 2018, 08:14:03 pm »
Watched the highlights and he looked really good. His free kicks are superb, brilliant invention on the one he scored with.

I’ve seen them too and of course the free kicks stand out. The one he scored from had Aurelio type audacity.

But even more impressive is the way he moves to find space, and also the way he collects the ball while on the run. I’ve noticed this when he’s been playing for our reserve teams. There’s no slowing down even when the pass comes in at shin height. His ball control is phenomenal.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: November 5, 2018, 01:51:41 am »
I’ve seen them too and of course the free kicks stand out. The one he scored from had Aurelio type audacity.

But even more impressive is the way he moves to find space, and also the way he collects the ball while on the run. I’ve noticed this when he’s been playing for our reserve teams. There’s no slowing down even when the pass comes in at shin height. His ball control is phenomenal.

Never going to make it here, don't do it to yourself.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #358 on: November 5, 2018, 09:31:43 am »
Never going to make it here, don't do it to yourself.

You’re probably right. But possibly wrong. One thing’s for certain. He has increased his chances in the last year. First by playing in the Championship rather than choosing the oblivion that is Scottish football. Second by playing extremely well (including two eye-catching games against Chelsea and Man Utd).

But even if he doesn’t make it at Liverpool, I’ll probably continue to watch his progress since he’s a lovely sight with the ball at his feet.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #359 on: November 5, 2018, 09:32:38 am »

Ovie Ejaria (Rangers) – 87 mins vs. St Mirren
Ryan Kent (Rangers) – 90 mins vs. St Mirren
Adam Bogdan (Hibernian) – 90 mins vs. St Johnstone
Ben Woodburn (Sheffield United) – 10 mins vs. Nottingham Forest
Herbie Kane (Doncaster) – 90 mins vs. Charlton
Corey Whelan (Crewe) – 45 mins vs. Northampton
Loris Karius (Beşiktaş) – 90 mins vs. Basaksehir
Harry Wilson (Derby) – 90 mins vs. Birmingham, goal
Danny Ings (Southampton) – 82 mins vs. Man City, goal
Injured: Marko Grujic & Connor Randall
Not in action: Sheyi Ojo, Allan Rodrigues, Taiwo Awoniyi, Shamal George, Anderson Arroyo