Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 586822 times)

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #3480 on: January 10, 2019, 08:59:25 pm »
Is Lallana stuck in a catch-22? He needs enough games to get match fit and thus less injury prone, but we have improved sufficiently that we cannot justify giving him that time to get back. I don't think he is shot, but I am questioning whether we can offer him the time he needs to get back to the level he needs to be at to justify him getting game time. For the tight situation we would have called on him in previous seasons, Shaqiri is the new go to guy.

Would it be in our interests to loan him and let him get some serious game time, so we get back the player of previous seasons?

I love the player but I’m probably as frustrated with the stop-go nature of his season as you are.

However, I sincerely hope to be able to quote this comment back at you with joy and amazement by the end of the season. Lallana will be instrumental in Liverpool’s success in 2019. I know he will!
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #3481 on: January 10, 2019, 09:36:30 pm »
I've always loved Lallana and he was one of our best players in 2016/17 but I think you could be right he hasn't really got in to a good run of form since his injury. That's not really his fault hes been really unlucky with fitness but he could be gone soon
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3482 on: January 10, 2019, 11:37:00 pm »
The inability to put a run of games and importantly training sessions together is so frustrating. He actually went a number of weeks with no issue and making the bench and after the league game against Wolves I thought we could finally see him regularly.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3483 on: January 10, 2019, 11:39:42 pm »
Definitely following in Sturridge's foot prints. Probably be one to leave at the end of the season.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3484 on: January 10, 2019, 11:51:59 pm »
Definitely following in Sturridge's foot prints. Probably be one to leave at the end of the season.

Yep

In the ‘I’m going to write this many, many times about him being finished and leaving in the next transfer window’ but never does sort of way  :)

His contract is up at the end of next season, he’s been here a fairly long time and won nothing, we’re looking towards changing that either this or next season and getting a few trophies. 1) Why would he choose to leave that? 2) Who is going to offer him what he’s on here? 3) Who is going to offer him anything remotely decent with his injury record? 4) Who is going to offer us any sort of fee in those circumstances?

As with Studge, it all points to seeing his contract out, still getting games occassionally when he’s fit cos he’s still a good player and Klopp likes him and at the end of his contract he’ll go elsewhere. Although no doubt nearer the summer we’ll start seeing posts with ‘I’m sure we’ll be able to get £20 million for him’ etc.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3485 on: January 11, 2019, 12:29:22 am »
The issue is he's just not contributing so why not try to move him on if you can?  Personally think he should have been sold last summer, the writing was on the wall already.  Maybe there's no takers or he'd refuse to go?  Anyway, since he's here hopefully he contributes at some point this season.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3486 on: January 11, 2019, 12:33:08 am »
The issue is he's just not contributing so why not try to move him on if you can?  Personally think he should have been sold last summer, the writing was on the wall already.  Maybe there's no takers or he'd refuse to go?  Anyway, since he's here hopefully he contributes at some point this season.

Because you can’t just ‘add manager’ and then take over a club, piss said player off by talking shit about him so he wants to leave and then offer more than his value and more than he wants in wages to guarantee he leaves, like you can on Footy Manager  ;D

Again it’s the same as Studge, we’ve seen the exact same thing for three years. And this is even less likely considering the manager loves Lallana.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3487 on: January 11, 2019, 01:00:47 am »
Because you can’t just ‘add manager’ and then take over a club, piss said player off by talking shit about him so he wants to leave and then offer more than his value and more than he wants in wages to guarantee he leaves, like you can on Footy Manager  ;D

Again it’s the same as Studge, we’ve seen the exact same thing for three years. And this is even less likely considering the manager loves Lallana.

That's the beauty of having a DoF, it's not the managers fault.  DoF is looking out for the club, manager is in theory but in a much more short sighted way.  Certainly wouldn't expect the club to make any money in moving him on but this happens to 99% of players whether they're liked by the manager or not.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #3488 on: January 11, 2019, 03:29:12 am »
I thought Lallana's looked quite a bit sharper in his last couple of games than he has for a while. I don't doubt that his days with us may be numbered, but we might yet see a return to form sometime before the end as well.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3489 on: January 11, 2019, 04:08:45 am »
Like that matters. DAWK has spoken. Get him out, he's done, he's finished, Fertig! Verfallen! Verlumpt! Verblunget! Verkackt!

List of transfer targets to replace him?

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3490 on: January 11, 2019, 11:14:29 am »
I'd be fine with Wilson replacing him in the squad next season.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3491 on: January 11, 2019, 11:55:52 am »
That's the beauty of having a DoF, it's not the managers fault.  DoF is looking out for the club, manager is in theory but in a much more short sighted way.  Certainly wouldn't expect the club to make any money in moving him on but this happens to 99% of players whether they're liked by the manager or not.

It really doesn’t

If he wants to see out his contract he will do and he’ll train with the first team and he’ll get games occassionally. It’s honestly like people have ignored the almost identical situation with Daniel Sturridge. Top clubs can afford better, relegation fighters don’t want always injured players, middling clubs don’t really need to take the risk.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #3492 on: January 11, 2019, 11:58:50 am »

Me too, I like Lallana but he is injured far too much.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Oberyn_Martell

• Desperate for it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3493 on: January 11, 2019, 12:08:10 pm »
A lot will depend on how fit he can keep himself to the second half of the season, but he’s still a fantastic player and one of the managers favourites. Was actually hoping one of him or Keita would start vs city as I thought we needed what they offered.
If he plays a crucial role in between now and the end of the season he’ll probably get a new contract. He has the ability his recent appearances show the ability is still there. He’s just unlucky that even when he’s fit we can’t afford to give him a run. That could change though, would love to see a Fabinho Keita lallana midfield against a weaker side at home.
Mods can you change my name to Melissa x

Offline WaterfordRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #3494 on: January 11, 2019, 12:11:05 pm »

Agreed
SOS 8040

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3495 on: January 11, 2019, 12:11:29 pm »
He's better and more effective in midfield which is overcrowded with players. However, as Keita is taking time to bed in and find form having Lallana is handy. For me when he's asked to play an attacking role he's nullified and offers very little.

He'll be further down the pecking order come the summer and our friends at Bournemouth will give him a new lease of life.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3496 on: January 11, 2019, 12:42:48 pm »
yes on both

its a really shame as in 2016-7 in particular lallana was a great fit for a klopp team

injuries have meant he is not at that level since
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3497 on: January 11, 2019, 12:46:59 pm »

I'd be fine with the ghost of Douglas Bader replacing him in the squad. We're as likely to a reliable contribution from Doug's ghost.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3498 on: January 11, 2019, 07:09:31 pm »
The truth is, with all our options fit I can't really see Lallana making the first team regularly at all. We have 8 players who can play in a midfield 3, and if you consider that we nearly bought Fekir and have Shaq who could perhaps play as a 10 on occasion, then that's 9 players vying for 3 spots and perhaps the manager still looking to add to that. Unless he has some miraculous turnaround in fitness and form and starts contributing then I can see him remaining an unused squad member who appears on the bench for lesser games, cups and eventually running out his contract here and moving on. Could easily see him joining Southampton again given that they are struggling with relegation and could do with a serious injection of quality.

Online jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3499 on: January 11, 2019, 10:42:22 pm »
What exactly is his injury? it's always quoted as 'a little thing' but never any light shed on what the issue continually is?
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline BrandoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3500 on: January 11, 2019, 10:47:45 pm »
It really doesn’t

If he wants to see out his contract he will do and he’ll train with the first team and he’ll get games occassionally. It’s honestly like people have ignored the almost identical situation with Daniel Sturridge. Top clubs can afford better, relegation fighters don’t want always injured players, middling clubs don’t really need to take the risk.

Every player retires on their terms with the team they want?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3501 on: January 11, 2019, 10:54:50 pm »
Every player retires on their terms with the team they want?

Yes?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3502 on: January 12, 2019, 01:31:04 am »
Klopp's comments from tonight's echo emphasizes how much he rates him

Offline olihaukur

• Main Stander
  • Ordinarily special
« Reply #3503 on: January 12, 2019, 02:01:12 am »
I think Klopp has always rated him since he began working with him and still does, so does almost anyone who trains and works with him. What has definitely changed and might be what ends his career with us is that Klopp might not feel he can rely on him anymore.

He has all these nice abilities on the ball, he's smart and creates space on the pitch and all that stuff but he just doesn't get on the pitch enough for us. It's such a huge shame.
@olafur_tomasson

"At Liverpool we never accept second best" - King Kenny Dalglish

Offline BrandoLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3504 on: January 12, 2019, 05:26:22 am »
Yes?

I would gather for the majority of players that's not the case though I'm not a FIFPro rep.

Offline BTGH

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3505 on: January 12, 2019, 06:37:01 am »

I think these comments in public by Klopp has to be taken with a pinch of salt, because his mode has always been to look/emphasize on the positive side of player.  When was the last time you hear Klopp slating off any player to the media?   I think the best gauge of Klopp's true thinking will be to look at how he utilizes that particular player when the player is fit and available for selection.

Offline dirks digglers

• Kopite
« Reply #3506 on: January 12, 2019, 06:54:48 am »
I think we’re seeing the way that some players get to a point - through no fault of their own - in a Klopp team, where they can’t physically maintain the level or, more specifically, injuries just prevent them doing so. It’s whether there is then a place for them in the manager’s thinking. A bit like Sturridge, where an accommodation seems to have been made in the short term to get him regularly available off the bench this season but at a lower physical level, it may be that Adam is just not a viable regular option in this team any more. No doubt he can still do a job for a lot of teams, perhaps playing at a slightly lower intensity. He’s almost a victim of his own insatiable desire to chase and harry and press, when regularly fit for Klopp he used to charge around like Robertson, absolute full physical commitment.
If you can’t understand it without an explanation, you can’t understand it with an explanation.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3507 on: January 12, 2019, 07:47:05 am »
I would gather for the majority of players that's not the case though I'm not a FIFPro rep.

Indeed  :)

Dyou think every player just gets told that they’ll be moving, by their club, and just go ‘yeah alright then, don’t care where just email me my new address’? Could be a fun game I guess. ‘Just go and sit in the airport mate, there’s a couple of Turkish sides plus St Mirren, Southampton, a team in the North Korean second division and one in Gibraltar. We’re gonna blindfold you, spin you round a few times and then you’ll walk towards a departure gate and see where you end up’

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #3508 on: January 12, 2019, 07:54:52 am »

Well, he does have a back injury...
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3509 on: January 12, 2019, 09:34:28 am »
Someone once did a graph on here showing the players of a certain age on high wages and the timing of their sale according to FSG's business model. All of them were duly sold within the expected period except for Gerrard. I'd guess Klopp will have to over-rule Edwards if he wants to retain Lallana (assuming there's a buyer).

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3510 on: January 12, 2019, 09:50:53 am »
Someone once did a graph on here showing the players of a certain age on high wages and the timing of their sale according to FSG's business model. All of them were duly sold within the expected period except for Gerrard. I'd guess Klopp will have to over-rule Edwards if he wants to retain Lallana (assuming there's a buyer).
You could do the same with Bob Paisley's era. It's not specific to FSG's model. Players get their highest contract 'at' their peak, then get paid those wages through their decline. Most players (the not-world-class good ones) generally peak a little earlier than perceived wisdom allows, too (if physical peak is about 23-27 and skill/knowledge peak a bit later, the latter only justifies a decline in the former with the very best, most intelligent, players). So it makes enormous sense in any business model, to 'use' a player through their real peak, sell as they approach 30 and let someone else pay for their legs to go.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3511 on: January 12, 2019, 12:26:33 pm »
I think these comments in public by Klopp has to be taken with a pinch of salt, because his mode has always been to look/emphasize on the positive side of player.  When was the last time you hear Klopp slating off any player to the media?   I think the best gauge of Klopp's true thinking will be to look at how he utilizes that particular player when the player is fit and available for selection.

Klopp has spoken highly of Lallana even when he wasn't asked about him. There have been numerous times where he has brought his name up whilst talking about the team as a whole last year. For instance he said it was incredible that getting to the final without a player like Lallana was quiet something, he's gone out of his way to praise him when he was never a topic whilst speaking to the press.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3512 on: January 12, 2019, 12:58:19 pm »
Like with any player, it will come down to Lallana's role in the squad and how he views his chances of getting regular first-team football at Liverpool.

He's not going to be one that we actively try to get rid of, if he backs himself to be a regular then he's a great option to have, if he can stay fit.  If he were to decide he needs to move on for regular football we have the depth now to accomodate that so we're in a strong position either way.

Hopefully he can get fit now and just get some playing time in before the end of the season.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3513 on: January 12, 2019, 01:25:13 pm »

Agreed. A bit like Sturridge, he is probably capable of doing amazing things occasionally but not consistently. We need someone who is going to be fit available most of the time even if they spend most of their time on the bench.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #3514 on: January 12, 2019, 02:16:48 pm »
Agreed. A bit like Sturridge, he is probably capable of doing amazing things occasionally but not consistently. We need someone who is going to be fit available most of the time even if they spend most of their time on the bench.

Both players have lost the spark. Injuries, wear and tear and generally just with age.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3515 on: January 16, 2019, 10:17:49 am »
Klopp says he is most likely out for another few weeks

“The break that we are getting at the end of January is going to be 100 per cent helpful for the boys with injuries.

“I hope that Dejan [Lovren] and Joe [Gomez] make big steps to come forward.

“For Adam [Lallana] it might be a bit early but we have a few players out and they need the time.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3516 on: January 16, 2019, 11:42:07 am »
Has anything been said about what the injury is?
He was out of the Wolves squad and then it's escalated to a few weeks.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3517 on: January 16, 2019, 12:15:32 pm »
Klopp says he is most likely out for another few weeks

The man is made of glass.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3518 on: January 16, 2019, 12:52:27 pm »
The man is made of glass.

Aye, he’s been busy promoting his new movie

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3519 on: January 16, 2019, 12:55:35 pm »
Aye, he’s been busy promoting his new movie

I've been wondering about this - will the lengthy layoff between the two movies cause some confusion? Or will there be a lot of back story explained?