Author Topic: Sunderland  (Read 178193 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Sunderland
« Reply #680 on: April 3, 2017, 07:17:54 pm »
Should get sacked for it.
Alan Pardew head butted someone and didn't get sacked, so I suspect that's very unlikely.

It's one of those things that people have said over the years...  an expression rather than an intent to violence, many of us will have grown up hearing the expression I suspect..

But the world has changed since than..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #681 on: April 3, 2017, 07:33:55 pm »
Hope they go down. They wont be missed. Shite club, shite manager and shite players bar Defoe.

They still got off light for playing that child sex offender for a a season knowing what they knew.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2017, 07:37:06 pm by OOS »
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #682 on: April 3, 2017, 07:37:48 pm »
I disagree with this. I've watched it a few times now, I don't think you should read too much into her laughing. What do you expect her to do - she's a young, freelance (and hence dispensible) female journalist being put in an extremely awkward position by a high profile Premier League manager in what is still an extremely male dominated industry. It's quite a common first reaction when you're the victim of sexist bullying in the workplace by a 'superior' to laugh it off so as not to jeapordise your career by causing a scene or not being seen as 'up for a laugh' like your male colleagues are.

Even if for some reason you take his threat to beat her or his casual sexism as 100% good natured, the threat (even with his forced laughter) from someone in his position for her to not do her job properly (in order to help him out in future) is still bang out of order.

I think you're jumping to conclusions. I also think you're going out of your way to conjure up an argument that paints Moyes in as negative a light as possible. I don't particularly like Moyes. I don't rate him as a manager. I also think he did a lot of harm to the relationship between us an Everton. But I'm not one for letting my personal dislike of people cloud my perspective on things. Obviously, he shouldn't have said it. It wasn't called for.

But I don't think it's as big a deal as some are making out. I'd probably have a different view if he had a track record of doing this type of thing, but he doesn't. As far as I'm aware this was a once off situation. And as I said earlier, the tone of the exchange didn't come across as particularly threatening. Was her laughing a nervous reaction? I don't think any of us can know for sure. It didn't sound nervous to me. I think the fact that she has happily accepted his apology without kicking up a fuss evidences that she didn't construe the threat as a serious one
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #683 on: April 3, 2017, 07:39:41 pm »
I think you're jumping to conclusions. I also think you're going out of your way to conjure up an argument that paints Moyes in as negative a light as possible. I don't particularly like Moyes. I don't rate him as a manager. I also think he did a lot of harm to the relationship between us an Everton. But I'm not one for letting my personal dislike of people cloud my perspective on things. Obviously, he shouldn't have said it. It wasn't called for.

But I don't think it's as big a deal as some are making out. I'd probably have a different view if he had a track record of doing this type of thing, but he doesn't. As far as I'm aware this was a once off situation. And as I said earlier, the tone of the exchange didn't come across as particularly threatening. Was her laughing a nervous reaction? I don't think any of us can know for sure. It didn't sound nervous to me. I think the fact that she has happily accepted his apology without kicking up a fuss evidences that she didn't construe the threat as a serious one
Dan Roan Retweeted
Alison Bender @alibendertv 7h7 hours ago
This Moyes thing is such a tricky one to comment on. I think we need to take a certain amount in jest/ heat of moment. Unfortunately 1/2

Alison Bender  @alibendertv 7h7 hours ago
2/2 ...these are not the first off camera remarks I've heard from him aimed at a woman so it makes my opinion a little different. Difficult

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #684 on: April 3, 2017, 07:50:21 pm »

Maybe it's not as big a deal as some are making out. I actually didn't think too badly of him before this - I mentioned a couple of pages back that I'd begun to see him as a lovable idiot - a Frank Spencer type if you will - leaving a trail of destruction in his wake wherever he manages. I certainly didn't go out of my way to paint him in a negative light because I dont like him.

It is hard to completely judge the tone, even when you've seen the video. For me the two things that tip if from being 'good old fashioned honest bantz' to something a bit more sinister are:

1) The forced smile even though he's clearly fuming during the actual interview seems to spill over into the incident (his laughter still seems forced). I don't think it's that easy to switch off the fume that he was obviously experiencing during the interview.

2) The imbalance of power - high profile male Premier League manager talking to young female freelance dispensible journo in a massively male dominated arena. He really should know better to put her in that position even if it was good natured.

The tweets Chakan's just posted reaffirm my view.

I'm not going to be judge, jury and executioner on it and say he has to be sacked, etc, but I think it was well out of order.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2017, 07:53:18 pm by Xabi Gerrard »

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #685 on: April 3, 2017, 07:51:34 pm »
I'm amazed he's lasted the day without being sacked.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #686 on: April 3, 2017, 07:52:14 pm »
His comments look a lot worse as written text than they were as spoken words. He was joking, and I think the female reporter went a long with the joke. Not everyone would though.

That said, he should be much more careful with his words in the position he holds.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #687 on: April 3, 2017, 07:56:12 pm »
Alison Bender  @alibendertv 7h7 hours ago
2/2 ...these are not the first off camera remarks I've heard from him aimed at a woman so it makes my opinion a little different. Difficult

I'm sure managers make off-camera remarks all the time. Particularly when they feel the interviewer is over stepping the mark with their line of questioning.

"Aiming remarks" could mean anything though, couldn't it?

Had she said "this isn't the first time I've heard him threaten a woman" then that would paint a completely different picture entirely

I honestly think that social media is beginning to foster a culture where people love to get their knickers in a twist and make mountains out of molehills 

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #688 on: April 3, 2017, 08:00:07 pm »
It is hard to completely judge the tone,

So lets not judge it then

He said sorry. She accepted his apology.

I don't think it needs to be micro-analyzed any further to be honest

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
« Reply #689 on: April 3, 2017, 08:01:12 pm »
Should get sacked for it.

Not sure if serious? Why should he get sacked for it?... Sacked for taking the piss? Grow a pair lad.

It was blatantly obvious he was taking the piss like and most of the fume is from people who have only read about it and not actually seen the video. Seen that Alison Bender come out with it's not the first time, funny she hasn't spoke up before about it, looks like she wants to get her name out their i.e sell her story.

Honest to god i fucking hate modern day society and the people constantly offended by everything they see or read. Pure wankers around these days just looking for trouble and to sabotage other people.
David Moyes, a woman beater without actually beating a woman.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: April 3, 2017, 08:02:11 pm »
Not sure if serious? Why should he get sacked for it?... Sacked for taking the piss? Grow a pair lad.

It was blatantly obvious he was taking the piss like and most of the fume is from people who have only read about it and not actually seen the video. Seen that Alison Bender come out with it's not the first time, funny she hasn't spoke up before about it, looks like she wants to get her name out their i.e sell her story.

Honest to god i fucking hate modern day society and the people constantly offended by everything they see or read. Pure wankers around these days just looking for trouble and to sabotage other people.

So he apologized for taking the piss?

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: April 3, 2017, 08:11:23 pm »

Works both ways buddy. Maybe you shouldn't be so eager to exonerate him either.

I think society's moved beyond that. We're at the point now where anyone offering liberal values (like don't threaten to beat women in the workplace even in jest) can't even say anything without people like you jumping down their throats because you're desperate to be outraged by what you see as liberal society's outrage. Calm down mate.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #692 on: April 3, 2017, 08:15:18 pm »
Moyes is, in my opinion, a useless manage but I think this has been blown up out of all proportion. I liken it to the remark made by Brian Moore, rugby commentator, when commenting about an alleged punch. He said something like, "more of a gay slap than a punch" and the PC brigade went raving mad over it.

I heard it on the radio earlier and you could tell it was said as a joke by the tone of his voice.

Should he be sacked, yes for his managerial record but not for an off the cuff remark which the reporter treated it as a joke. I don't even see the need for him to apologise but he has and she has accepted it so matter closed
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #693 on: April 3, 2017, 08:20:06 pm »

totally agree

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #694 on: April 3, 2017, 08:21:52 pm »
So he apologized for taking the piss?
he apologised because the remark was inappropriate and as soon as the media got hold of it he had little choice. Odd how the reporter made no complaint though after he said it

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: April 3, 2017, 08:22:44 pm »
he apologised because the remark was inappropriate and as soon as the media got hold of it he had little choice. Odd how the reporter made no complaint though after he said it

Complaint how? What should she have done in that moment?

Has anyone watched the full press conference? Apparently a few male reporters asked similar questions and weren't threatened to be slapped, is this true?

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #696 on: April 3, 2017, 08:25:45 pm »
His comments look a lot worse as written text than they were as spoken words. He was joking, and I think the female reporter went a long with the joke. Not everyone would though.

That said, he should be much more careful with his words in the position he holds.
aye, would say he's mostly very idiotic for saying it, would have been better off telling her he'd spank her

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #697 on: April 3, 2017, 08:33:25 pm »

Billy, I see you as one of the more intelligent posters on here.

If you threatened a woman in your work (spidermaning aside) would you expect to keep your job?
« Last Edit: April 3, 2017, 08:34:57 pm by not trying anymore. Don't care. »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: April 3, 2017, 08:46:00 pm »
;D

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #699 on: April 3, 2017, 08:46:20 pm »
oh you bad bad man ;D

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: April 3, 2017, 08:51:32 pm »
You're defined by your jokes and sense of humour, I guess.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: April 3, 2017, 08:55:29 pm »
Finally saw the video after all the outrage, thought he would be ranting, raving and getting in her face but clearly was in jokey context (not in the "Bantah" way) and although a clumsy choice of words, he doesn't deserve being hung out to dry. Laughable considering all the "abusive bullying storm" headlines
« Last Edit: April 3, 2017, 09:00:33 pm by Bunter »

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: April 3, 2017, 08:56:57 pm »
Apologies to anyone offended by my Moyes joke up there, I wouldn't normally joke about such matters, but it was an easy target given that it was Moyes.

Just to clarify, Moyes' comments were completely indefensible. For those saying it was all jokey and 'banter', the tone of his comments in the video does seem a bit off.

Sunderland know how to attract them don't they? First Adam Johnson, now this beaut.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: April 3, 2017, 09:00:12 pm »
. Seen that Alison Bender come out with it's not the first time, funny she hasn't spoke up before about it, looks like she wants to get her name out their i.e sell her story.
Don't people still think like this after what's happened over the last few years?

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #704 on: April 3, 2017, 09:03:59 pm »

The guy is a prick in a privileged position acting like a c*nt.

Lets brush it under the carpet.

Suppose Fat Sam should have kept the England job too?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #705 on: April 3, 2017, 09:08:07 pm »
Apologies to anyone offended by my Moyes joke up there, I wouldn't normally joke about such matters, but it was an easy target given that it was Moyes.

Just to clarify, Moyes' comments were completely indefensible. For those saying it was all jokey and 'banter', the tone of his comments in the video does seem a bit off.

Sunderland know how to attract them don't they? First Adam Johnson, now this beaut.

If that's me, I wasn't referring to you, mate. I was referring to those people who actually think that Moyes was being jocular and banterish. That kind of humour, now ...

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #706 on: April 3, 2017, 09:08:15 pm »

Hahaahha

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: April 3, 2017, 09:17:32 pm »

Superb

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
« Reply #708 on: April 3, 2017, 09:24:14 pm »

Brilliant sir  :lmao

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: April 3, 2017, 09:26:39 pm »
It was an incredibly stupid thing to say, but I don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be. It was clearly said in jest. Completely hypothetical, but to put some perspective on it, would people be so quick to call for the sack if it was Klopp that said it? We would be angry and/or ashamed, but I would feel he (and we) would be hard done by if he got sacked.

Give him a fine and tell him he is treading on thin ice.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #710 on: April 3, 2017, 09:28:19 pm »
It was an incredibly stupid thing to say, but I don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be. It was clearly said in jest. Completely hypothetical, but to put some perspective on it, would people be so quick to call for the sack if it was Klopp that said it? We would be angry and/or ashamed, but I would feel he (and we) would be hard done by if he got sacked.

Give him a fine and tell him he is treading on thin ice.
I agree, but journalists are saying he has something of a history of inappropriate comments to women..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: April 3, 2017, 09:44:22 pm »
I agree, but journalists are saying he has something of a history of inappropriate comments to women..

Odd that none of them felt compelled to say anything until now.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: April 3, 2017, 09:45:12 pm »
Odd that none of them felt compelled to say anything until now.
Not really.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #713 on: April 3, 2017, 09:47:37 pm »

Fuck me :lmao :lmao

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #714 on: April 3, 2017, 10:01:20 pm »
Mountain made out of a mole hill as per usual.

I see it as nothing but banter and those asking for him to be sacked over it . . . . you's need a fucking slap.    :lickin

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: April 3, 2017, 10:03:11 pm »
Alan Pardew head butted someone and didn't get sacked.

Aye, that headbutt coulda killed the lad, it was absolutely horrific   :)

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #716 on: April 3, 2017, 10:04:04 pm »
I don't think what he said was very clever, but at the weekend two or three Everton players could and should have been cited for dangerous play. Their manager came out and called it a man's game. That's sexist, stupid and encourages his players to behave recklessly in the future. You can guess which story is front page of the Guardian though.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #717 on: April 3, 2017, 10:17:16 pm »
I hate Moyes' guts.  He's almost single handedly responsible for creating the toxic atmosphere that now exists between Liverpool and Everton, which he used to cover his own colossal shortcomings as a manager.  Ferguson without the nouse, skill or the trophies.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #718 on: April 3, 2017, 10:23:17 pm »
I hate Moyes' guts.  He's almost single handedly responsible for creating the toxic atmosphere that now exists between Liverpool and Everton, which he used to cover his own colossal shortcomings as a manager.  Ferguson without the nouse, skill or the trophies.

That's not true. He may have made it slightly worse but it was already really toxic before he joined Everton. Both sets of fans struggling to deal with our huge falls from grace in the 90s started getting joy from each others failures rather than our own succeses. There's an excellent free Anfield Wrap podcast released last week on the subject where they go into this in depth.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #719 on: April 3, 2017, 10:29:42 pm »
That's not true. He may have made it slightly worse but it was already really toxic before he joined Everton. Both sets of fans struggling to deal with our huge falls from grace in the 90s started getting joy from each others failures rather than our own succeses. There's an excellent free Anfield Wrap podcast released last week on the subject where they go into this in depth.

Agree to disagree on that.  Everton's fall had been harder yes, and it had created some level of animosity and bitterness - but he fanned that into a full blown psychosis.  He fed them the delusion that they were the People's Club and we were all outsiders and got them sucking manc cock imo.  It may have happened anyway but he made it certain.

Up until Moyes, plenty of Everton fans quietly muttered about how the UEFA ban impacted them and what might have been, but they seemed willing enough to accept that years of bad decisions in terms of managers and players had put them into almost permanent relegation crisis.  After Moyes it all became our fault.  That was when they truly became Bitter.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art