Author Topic: Not being able to go the game  (Read 31926 times)

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: Not being able to go the game
« Reply #160 on: March 10, 2020, 12:57:49 pm »
If ours had been home leg first we would have been having it behind closed doors in Madrid tomorrow I would imagine.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #161 on: March 10, 2020, 01:02:58 pm »
If ours had been home leg first we would have been having it behind closed doors in Madrid tomorrow I would imagine.

Reckon Wednesday night will go too!
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: March 10, 2020, 01:04:25 pm »

You think? Just don't let the Madrid fans in, that'll be fine!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: March 10, 2020, 01:06:41 pm »

Be pointless now they've already travelled

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #164 on: March 10, 2020, 01:07:01 pm »
1000% yeah

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: March 10, 2020, 01:07:23 pm »
Be pointless now they've already travelled
they’ll just end up in pubs in the city which doesn’t seem ideal for anyone

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: March 10, 2020, 01:10:23 pm »
they’ll just end up in pubs in the city which doesn’t seem ideal for anyone

Which would be worse than them in the stadium

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: March 10, 2020, 01:36:29 pm »
One thing is definitely for sure, the trophy presention needs bringing forward to the day we win it.

Hopefully that's Palace.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: March 10, 2020, 01:45:12 pm »
Difficulty is that I imagine they'll still be filmed so all the pubs will just be stowed out with us watching there instead. Closer contact than an open aired stadium
Yep.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: March 10, 2020, 02:02:49 pm »
Government pushing back daily release of figures, not sure what that means but I don’t think it’s great

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: March 10, 2020, 02:15:04 pm »
Government pushing back daily release of figures, not sure what that means but I don’t think it’s great

Dominic Cummings is no doubt working up a new definition of "death" on the basis that anyone over the age of 70 shouldn't be counted.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: March 10, 2020, 02:20:24 pm »
Dominic Cummings is no doubt working up a new definition of "death" on the basis that anyone over the age of 70 shouldn't be counted.
laughed at this, another person confirmed dead just there too, feels like palace is heading south very quickly

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: March 10, 2020, 02:21:44 pm »
laughed at this, another person confirmed dead just there too, feels like palace is heading south very quickly

They've all been in their 80s havent they?

If anything, that will just make the governemnt even more sure they are right to let things carry on

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: March 10, 2020, 02:23:16 pm »
They've all been in their 80s havent they?

If anything, that will just make the governemnt even more sure they are right to let things carry on
all 70+ at least, the point is if it spreads it takes away vital NHS care away from others, look at the Italian healthcare system,

Offline Lfcameron7

• Anny Roader
  • Na na na Liverpool, Liverpool na na na
« Reply #174 on: March 10, 2020, 02:25:01 pm »
Difficulty is that I imagine they'll still be filmed so all the pubs will just be stowed out with us watching there instead. Closer contact than an open aired stadium
Talks of blocking signal to pubs

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: March 10, 2020, 02:29:34 pm »
Talks of blocking signal to pubs
would have to be done quick, also a couple thousand spainards wondering the streets of Liverpool, not sure that is best either

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: March 10, 2020, 02:39:58 pm »
all 70+ at least, the point is if it spreads it takes away vital NHS care away from others, look at the Italian healthcare system,

Definitely one in their 60s....also pretty sure all of them have had other health issues.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: March 10, 2020, 02:41:46 pm »

I would have thought the advice to work from home should precede cancellation of games. From a scientific perspective you're far more likely to catch the flu breathing in air-con circulated air in an office than you are on a cold, windy day on the terraces. But as we know the government's priority is not public health but raw economics.

They have effectively admitted that the number of cases is going to rocket but they're still not even telling people with symptoms to stay at home. They might do so in 14 days time. Madness. I have no doubt there will be some token sporting cancellations which serve the purpose of giving the impression that they are seen to be doing something.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: March 10, 2020, 02:43:26 pm »

I would have thought the advice to work from home should precede cancellation of games. From a scientific perspective you're far more likely to catch the flu breathing in air-con circulated air in an office than you are on a cold, windy day on the terraces. But as we know the government's priority is not public health but raw economics.

They have effectively admitted that the number of cases is going to rocket but they're still not even telling people with symptoms to stay at home. They might do so in 14 days time. Madness. I have no doubt there will be some token sporting cancellations which serve the purpose of giving the impression that they are seen to be doing something.

While to a point, you're correct, I reckon i sit closer to maybe 10 people in a football ground than I do to one person in an office.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: March 10, 2020, 02:47:55 pm »
While to a point, you're correct, I reckon i sit closer to maybe 10 people in a football ground than I do to one person in an office.
but you also have open air and can avoid touching any surfaces they do

Offline Jonny_H

• aliday
  • Kopite
« Reply #180 on: March 10, 2020, 02:48:26 pm »
This thread about what is going on in Italy's hospitals is pretty frightening

https://twitter.com/jasonvanschoor/status/1237142891077697538

Click on 'show this thead'
I was reading this last night. It is concerning and exactly why the Government will likely soon enough be forced to take fairly drastic measures. They need to slow the spread so the NHS has a remote chance of coping. Otherwise people will die of this and other things that otherwise wouldn’t if the NHS had capacity. Let’s hope we get this league wrapped up as soon as possible.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]
There are only two teams in liverpool, liverpool and liverpool reserves.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: March 10, 2020, 02:49:26 pm »
I was reading this last night. It is concerning and exactly why the Government will likely soon enough be forced to take fairly drastic measures. They need to slow the spread so the NHS has a remote chance of coping. Otherwise people will die of this and other things that otherwise wouldn’t if the NHS had capacity. Let’s hope we get this league wrapped up as soon as possible.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]
Palace is too far away I think, a lot can go wrong in the next 11 days

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #182 on: March 10, 2020, 02:50:40 pm »
Amazing that travelling in and out of the country is still relatively unrestricted. Containment surely isn't viable if a random traveler could bring it in at any moment.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: March 10, 2020, 02:52:09 pm »
Definitely one in their 60s....also pretty sure all of them have had other health issues.

2 have been in their 80s

There’s no healthy people dying from this. Not that that should mean its not a bad disaster like

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: March 10, 2020, 02:52:27 pm »
Amazing that travelling in and out of the country is still relatively unrestricted. Containment surely isn't viable if a random traveler could bring it in at any moment.
it's not but locking off the country would do significant damage to the economy 

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: March 10, 2020, 02:54:29 pm »

You don’t catch it by standing next to someone.

You’re far more likely to catch it in an office space, touching the same surfaces as infected people, being in a closed box of a room with people, taking cups of tea off people etc etc

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: March 10, 2020, 03:47:27 pm »
Ligue 1 behind closed doors until 15th April

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #187 on: March 10, 2020, 03:59:18 pm »
You don’t catch it by standing next to someone.

You’re far more likely to catch it in an office space, touching the same surfaces as infected people, being in a closed box of a room with people, taking cups of tea off people etc etc

Not to mention the dirty air con units in offices that hardly ever get cleaned out!!  All the dirty people who don't wash their hands and then touch all the surfaces and door handles.

I'm sure I could go to Anfield, watch the game and not touch any surfaces with my hands.  It'll all go to pot though celebrating our last minute winner!!

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: March 10, 2020, 04:14:55 pm »
Pretty sure we’ve had our last euro away for a while regardless of tomorrow’s result!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: March 10, 2020, 04:17:51 pm »
Pretty sure we’ve had our last euro away for a while regardless of tomorrow’s result!
Yeah looking at the teams coming through, all Spanish, German, Italian or French. 3/4 of those leagues under closed doors now

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #190 on: March 10, 2020, 04:19:56 pm »
Cant believe its come to this winning it in an empty stadium wont be the same
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: March 10, 2020, 04:23:00 pm »
Cant believe its come to this winning it in an empty stadium wont be the same
have some hope, football is held in higher in British society than in Europe, they know closing doors is a big thing but we have to hope for a slow down in cases, current trajectory isn't good 

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: March 10, 2020, 05:13:11 pm »
have some hope, football is held in higher in British society than in Europe, they know closing doors is a big thing but we have to hope for a slow down in cases, current trajectory isn't good 

I think it's more that society is held in less of a regard and people just don't care about others to be honest.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: March 10, 2020, 05:23:15 pm »
168 dead in one day in Italy

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: March 10, 2020, 05:27:20 pm »
731 cases in Madrid but we are letting a few thousand Madrid citizens in the country tomorrow

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: March 10, 2020, 06:17:03 pm »
731 cases in Madrid but we are letting a few thousand Madrid citizens in the country tomorrow
Glad I'm in the Kop and not near the away end divide!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: March 10, 2020, 06:17:53 pm »
Glad I'm in the Kop and not near the away end divide!
yeah upper Kenny kop end for me, but if they’re in town tomorrow drinking and stuff, it’s just not gonna end well, and no one can do fuck all about it now

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: March 10, 2020, 06:21:35 pm »
There'll be hand sanitiser in the ground tomorrow - just hope every fucker uses it!

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: March 10, 2020, 06:27:51 pm »
There'll be hand sanitiser in the ground tomorrow - just hope every fucker uses it!

Usually not be filled back up on the toilets...one of the two in the kop toilets I go in has been empty for a few games!

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: March 10, 2020, 06:31:38 pm »

In the bogs, love to see the queues for those

I give it half an hour before its all ran out