Author Topic: PL: Champions 1 v 1 Nick Pope ‘33 Robbo ‘68 Rodriguez  (Read 23965 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: PL: Champions 1 v 1 Nick Pope ‘33 Robbo ‘68 Rodriguez
« Reply #520 on: July 12, 2020, 10:07:54 am »
I just watched the penalty incident again. It's on YouTube the BT one minute highlights.
100% the Burnley defender touches the ball.
So the question is, if a defender gets to the ball first is everything that happens after that fair game?

Assuming he touched it; Did it change the path of the ball, would Robertson have been able to get onto the ball and did the defender after he touched the ball prevent Robertson from getting onto the ball.

For me, if he did touch it then the direction and speed of the ball was identical to before he touched it.

So Robertson would have been on it and been able to control it.

Do you think that's not the case? Do you think that the defender cleared the ball out of the path of Robertson running onto it?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #521 on: July 12, 2020, 10:15:44 am »
Assuming he touched it; Did it change the path of the ball, would Robertson have been able to get onto the ball and did the defender after he touched the ball prevent Robertson from getting onto the ball.

For me, if he did touch it then the direction and speed of the ball was identical to before he touched it.

So Robertson would have been on it and been able to control it.

Do you think that's not the case? Do you think that the defender cleared the ball out of the path of Robertson running onto it?

See for yourself
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E5o2icQNDhY

2:20

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #522 on: July 12, 2020, 10:18:57 am »
I love how people are posting this replay....and there’s still absolutely no proof whatsoever that he got even a slight touch on the ball
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: July 12, 2020, 10:18:58 am »
We’ve had three at home this season which seems slightly lower than normal. One very early against Arsenal, I think Salah was pulled back? The last minute one against Leicester which sparked a bit of a backlash against Mane and one against Spurs soon after which I think was Mane again. It’s almost like having the nerve to win two penalties close together got everyone taking, decided our players are all divers and that we don’t deserve any more.

Find it hard to believe not one of our players has been fouled in the box since then. We could arguably have had about 4 in three home games since the restart alone.

I think we only got one pen in 17/18 I think the season Spurs got 2 against us in the 2-2. Imagine that Spurs were awarded more pens at Anfield in one game than we got in whole campaign at home.   
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: July 12, 2020, 10:19:38 am »
Is there anything in the rules that says touching the ball first means that the same tackle or challenge cannot result in a foul?

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #525 on: July 12, 2020, 10:23:52 am »
I love how people are posting this replay....and there’s still absolutely no proof whatsoever that he got even a slight touch on the ball

Just the very fact that people are replaying it and in disagreement shows that it wasn't 100% clear cut.
You think it was, others (like me) think it wasn't. Forums are for opinions right?

It's all futile now anyway isn't it - so on we go to the next game, bollocks to it.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #526 on: July 12, 2020, 10:24:09 am »
See for yourself
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E5o2icQNDhY

2:20

So no. His touch (No idea how you know he touched it?) doesn't change the movement of the ball at all. If the defender hadn't been present then Robbo would have run onto the ball - yes or no?

If yes then what stopped him running onto the ball?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: July 12, 2020, 10:32:54 am »
Is there anything in the rules that says touching the ball first means that the same tackle or challenge cannot result in a foul?

Not as far as i'm aware I remember Mignolet giving away Pen away to Leicester with foul on Vardy in the early part of 2017/18 even though he got a clear touch of the ball. It was big touch as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94RNZ6ug1fw

At 7:10
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 10:43:31 am by Illmatic »
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: July 12, 2020, 10:49:37 am »
Just the very fact that people are replaying it and in disagreement shows that it wasn't 100% clear cut.
You think it was, others (like me) think it wasn't. Forums are for opinions right?

It's all futile now anyway isn't it - so on we go to the next game, bollocks to it.

No, it was 100% clear cut.

He either didn’t touch the ball, in which case it’s a pen. Or he got the slightest touch on the ball, not nearly enough to have taking it out of Robbos path and then a chance to set up a big opportunity, in which case it’s a pen. If Roy Keanes boot had brushed the ball as he tried to dismantle Haalands knee, it wouldn’t have made it any less of a red card. This isn’t rocket science.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: July 12, 2020, 10:50:38 am »
Not as far as i'm aware I remember Mignolet giving away Pen away to Leicester with foul on Vardy in the early part of 2017/18 even though he got a clear touch of the ball. It was big touch as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94RNZ6ug1fwh

At 7:10

Thanks. Even if the player did get a touch then it was so minimal and stopped Robertson getting onto it anyway. For me it was a certain penalty.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: July 12, 2020, 11:08:33 am »
Well, if you clearly get contact on the ball then follow-through nailing the player it's a foul.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #531 on: July 12, 2020, 11:13:32 am »
Just not our day. An outstanding performance from the opposition goalkeeper aside we would have won.

Remaining unbeaten at home is still a brilliant achievement and something to aim for. Positives to take from the game including the performances of Williams and Jones

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: July 12, 2020, 11:23:32 am »
No, it was 100% clear cut.

He either didn’t touch the ball, in which case it’s a pen. Or he got the slightest touch on the ball, not nearly enough to have taking it out of Robbos path and then a chance to set up a big opportunity, in which case it’s a pen. If Roy Keanes boot had brushed the ball as he tried to dismantle Haalands knee, it wouldn’t have made it any less of a red card. This isn’t rocket science.

Let's agree to disagree, no worries.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: July 12, 2020, 11:27:38 am »
Just not our day. An outstanding performance from the opposition goalkeeper aside we would have won.

And many wasted chances. But yeah, Pope was excellent.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: July 12, 2020, 11:35:58 am »
Comment response to this that I agree with. The fact the lads are so pissed off over that despite pissing the league  shows  you everything you need to know about this team.

Yep, I thought I wouldn't be as pissed off yesterday as I was (I wasn't that fussed about the Man City result) but I was pretty annoyed yesterday at the full time whistle. In a perverse way, I probably would have been less arsed if we just went through the motions and played out a 0-0 but we played really well and should have won had we taken all the chances we created so in that sense it was really frustrating.

The officiating didn't help either - be it the incorrect offside call against Mane before they scored, or us not getting penalties (although the latter is pretty standard now) but Burnley not being stopped from blocking off/pulling Alisson at every corner was just downright shit and there's no excuse for it, it feels like refs allow those sorts of teams to get away with it because it's Burnley playing the way Burnley play against Big Ol' Liverpool. Twats.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: July 12, 2020, 11:41:12 am »
Meh, champions of everything. Burnley is a club followed by racist brexit loving neanderthals. They have to watch that shite 40+ times a year.
Refereeing against us needs calling out by the club. Its incompetence or corrupt, cant really make my mind up.
As for the mancs and media fuck em, let them have their imaginary champions since fernandes trophy, we will console ourselves with the real thing. As for folks slating Salah, fucking hell, get real he has been outstanding ever since he signed.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: July 12, 2020, 11:47:15 am »
As for the mancs and media fuck em, let them have their imaginary champions since fernandes trophy...

Jesus. Hadn't heard or read that. Is that what they're clinging onto now?  Haha.
I'll take more Premier League (and top flight) points than they have EVER managed, and the 6 European Cups. Bless 'em, awww.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #537 on: July 12, 2020, 12:08:01 pm »
Am I wrong in thinking Pope really only made 1 outstanding save, the 1 from Sadio right at the end of the 1st half? The 1 from Mo’s volley that everyone was raving about, looked like a typical “for the cameras” save to me. He really wasn’t worked anywhere near as hard as he should’ve been.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: July 12, 2020, 12:09:30 pm »
Am I wrong in thinking Pope really only made 1 outstanding save, the 1 from Sadio right at the end of the 1st half? The 1 from Mo’s volley that everyone was raving about, looked like a typical “for the cameras” save to me. He really wasn’t worked anywhere near as hard as he should’ve been.

I don’t think he made any outstanding saves, but he did stop everything that he could which is still pretty impressive considering the standard of keeping we’ve seen so far.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #539 on: July 12, 2020, 12:19:19 pm »
Ox is done
It's like having 3 Andy Cole's upfront some games. Chance after chance but just not clinical. We score our fair share because we just create a ridiculous number of chances but our conversion rate has surely got to be pretty low?
Gomez is defending like a Beyblade. No control, just rash decision making all over the shop. I don't think Matip is sweating.

Honestly can't tell if this shit is satire
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: July 12, 2020, 12:26:33 pm »
Honestly can't tell if this shit is satire

Same here.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #541 on: July 12, 2020, 12:46:59 pm »
A goalie having a worldie at Anfield used to happen every other game. Think this is the first one in the league so far this season so I'll take it.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #542 on: July 12, 2020, 12:53:19 pm »
A goalie having a worldie at Anfield used to happen every other game. Think this is the first one on the league so far this season so I'll take it.

It was usually a case of us creating a load of chances and our finishing being as bad as it was yesterday and that being turned into the keeper having a worldie. Pope didn’t have a worldie yesterday, our finishing lacked any kind of composure. To me we don’t score as many goals as we should, with the chances we create but we usually end up scoring a couple over the 90 minutes. With the amount of clear cut chances this team creates, we should be putting 4 or 5 past teams an awful lot more than we do. There’s a reason we are so often saying that someone is due a battering, it’s because we don’t score as many goals as we should.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: July 12, 2020, 12:58:10 pm »

'Great save' is the most overused term in the football language. I thought it was a standard good performance from him but nothing special

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: July 12, 2020, 01:18:45 pm »
How many time during a season all over Europe to you see lesser teams park the bus, get dominated, ride their luck and then score from a set piece. You'd expect it to happen to us a few times. It's pretty amazing that this is the first time it's happened and we didn't even lose.

Hopefully those missed chances will sharpen the lads minds for the last 3 games.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: July 12, 2020, 01:26:39 pm »
How many time during a season all over Europe to you see lesser teams park the bus, get dominated, ride their luck and then score from a set piece. You'd expect it to happen to us a few times. It's pretty amazing that this is the first time it's happened and we didn't even lose.

Hopefully those missed chances will sharpen the lads minds for the last 3 games.

Exactly. It happens. And you could actually see it unfolding in front of your eyes from the moment Pope made that last save at the end of the first half then Bobby's post effort early in the second just added to the feeling.
Credit to Burnley for throwing bodies at everything and packing their defence. But with more composed finishing we stroll that game normally.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #546 on: July 12, 2020, 01:31:30 pm »
Well, if you clearly get contact on the ball then follow-through nailing the player it's a foul.
Not quite true. You need to execute a clear tackle - getting the ball and moving it away from the player, not just touch it, for it to be deemed not a foul. And even then if your move is reckless or likely to endanger the opposition player then it can be called a foul.

This idea that touching the ball always absolves a foul is not true, but is widely. believed.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: July 12, 2020, 02:36:44 pm »
People were rightly pissed off that the one-time record of winning every home game (Only ever set with 13 games in 1892 by Sunderland) was lost.

at the end of the day as I said it's equivalent to wealthy folks complaining about not having one additional thing in life, whatever that may be. Given that there is another game at home after this one, against a Chelsea side, who as inconsistent as they are, are capable of getting a result, there are no guarantees that we would have won that game given that, and I can't stress this enough, Have won the bloody league already.

Pissed off? The greatest sides in the history of the game, whether they be as good as this side or better, couldn't get it done, so why in the hell would anyone be pissed off about it given everything else this side has done and given the context of what they have achieved in the last three years?

As time goes on, anyone going back to this year and thinking, ''Fuck we didn't win every game at Anfield'' needs their head checked. It just irks of complete ungratefulness and lack of perspective.

The team were not great. The defence was poor. The attack was poor. The midfield without Hendo was missing something. The offiating was absolutely what we've expected all season (Still no idea where LiVARpool came from - we get less decisions that most of the 'big sides')

You're wrong on pretty much all accounts bar the officiating. The team was fine, in fact it was one of the most dominating performances at Anfield this season, as we hardly broke sweat and didn't look threatened up until their equalizer [which should have never happened given the build up to it]. The only threat they had was corners, because they consistently got away with fouling Becker as they did last season at Anfield and scored a goal that should have been disallowed for the same exact reason.

If you don't believe me, listen to the manager who said that 90 percent of the match the performance was very good, there were some moments that we could have done better, but the overall performance was not poor by any means. The finishing wasn't good, but it wasn't a lack of effort or skill or ability on the day, up until the last second we had a chance literally to win the match.

People venting and frustration doesn't mean that they aren't loving the team and the play and the manager and how great we've been.

Nobody said that, what I said is it's absolutely mental to be frustrated and venting as any of this has any significance GIVEN THAT WE WON THE LEAGUE already! This isn't a normal match under normal circumstances. If you or anyone else is so frustrated after what the side has accomplished then again I can't emphasize enough how bewildering that is to me.

Some people would rather come and on here and vent and moan among Reds and then get it out of the system and go on. People seem to be forgetting that most people would be out at the Ground or in the alehouse with their mates. They'd be moaning about the referee and shit that happens over a few pints. But for most of us that isn't the option. We're still really in lockdown and there are no mates to moan to, there are no alehouses to pile into and for those of us that go, it's doubly frustrating because I don't know about anyone else, but I fuckng hate seeing a game at Anfield when I'm not there - which has happened maybe 3 times in the last 30 years - seeing a completely empty Anfield when I'm not there and we're getting shafted by referees not following their own fucking instructions (The offside not played on to VAR) makes it even worse.

I understand all of that, but that's not what the issue is. This game is slightly more important than a pre-season friendly, and only slightly because points are still being given, everything and anything else is absolutely meaningless in the grand scheme things. So under any other circumstance, at any point time of the season, moaning about a game, I understand, hell I do it myself, but now??

I can't wrapped my head around it.

I personally hope that now we fuck off this '100+ points' shittery - none of us should be concerned - I think part of that drive to get the home games and the drive to get the points is putting pressure on the team and the fans - we should have just said 'fuck it' and put the kids out and enjoyed it with the league won. Put the kids in and treated it like most teams have - as a kick around.

I wouldn't put the kids out because next season starts in 6 weeks, and so we need to get our sharpness and the only way of doing that is by playing, playing these games will help with that. Otherwise I would agree, but there isn't a lot of time in between the end of the season and the start of new season, and I hugely doubt any friendlies will take place as they would usually.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: July 12, 2020, 02:37:47 pm »
Sky are reportedly in talks with the Premier League to sponsor a new trophy beginning next season: “The Golden Whistle”.

It will go to the team that is given the most penalties from referees. Apparently Sky and an unnamed “big club from the Northwest” want the Golden Whistle to count as a major trophy. They believe that will add more excitement and interest to the game, and prevent any one club from pulling too far ahead in the overall trophy count, which will not be in the best interests of the sport.

Sky and the unnamed “Premier League giant” are also believed to be pushing for the first three-time winner of the trophy to be given the right to wear a badge of distinction in all EPL matches.

The badge, which will apparently display an abstract image of spittle coming out of a referee’s whistle as he gives it a good blow, but stylized to look like rain, will be referred to as “The Golden Shower”.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #549 on: July 12, 2020, 02:43:12 pm »

I think he did well with Mo’s volley to turn it around the post from there, rather than parry it back into play but I’m no goalie expert. Or no expert in general.

I think the one from Mané was the best one though.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: July 12, 2020, 06:27:10 pm »
CHAMPIONS [emoji3][emoji471]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: July 13, 2020, 02:57:12 am »
Finishing let us down in this game. Mo had a couple of golden chances that he wasted, Firmino hit the post, Jones misses the target with a shot inside the box. Their goalkeeper had a solid game but we let ourselves down more than Pope denied us. 

Where was the protection for Alisson? Clear foul from the corner which Burnley almost scored from. Surely it would have been disallowed for the foul but it makes you wonder. There was at least one other occasion where Alisson appears to be fouled by some Burnley lump and it goes unpunished.

Was it a penalty? For me, I'm not sure it's a clear mistake. But given some decisions that have gone in favour of other teams around Europe lately you'd think that if there is contact then it's a penalty.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: July 13, 2020, 10:02:22 am »
We should have put the game away in the first half and we just didnt turn up the pressure and create enough clear cut chances to make it 2 or 3 nil. We should have converted the ones we had but Burnley are the sort of side that will hang on doggedly, make things difficult as they know a set piece can get them a point or all 3. If you were a betting man you could always put a wager down on this game been one of our tougher matches. In regards to the penalty the last time I checked its a contact sport so where does it say you cant touch a player in the midst of a clearance unless its dangerous play. Times have changed when ball first man second where a great challenge involved clearing the danger and putting a mark on the opposition to remind him he is in for a tough time today. That tackle was a matter of an inch but he did just about get to the ball first.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 10:33:41 am by fowlermagic »
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #553 on: July 13, 2020, 12:08:15 pm »

The two from Salah and Mané in the first half were both phenomenal saves. Most 'keepers wouldn't have got near either.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #554 on: July 13, 2020, 12:45:45 pm »
At least the cloggers didn't nick a 2nd....imagine how we'd have felt then

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #555 on: July 13, 2020, 12:50:18 pm »
The two from Salah and Mané in the first half were both phenomenal saves. Most 'keepers wouldn't have got near either.

Really don’t think the one from Salah’s volley was that great, it was pretty much straight at him. I think you’d be pretty disappointed if that flew past your keeper. If he’d angled the strike across him, it would’ve been a different story.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: July 13, 2020, 01:03:55 pm »

That very example happened in the incident Salah was taken out. Both ball and man. Ref gave a foul to Salah. Regardless of any touch, the defender trips Robertson denying him the opportunity to collect the ball and head for goal.
As much as it really doesn't matter as we are champions and the most points would be nice but in essence is meaningless. My gripe is the fact that the VAR official is allowed to get away with it. VAR was supposed to eradicate any seemingly mistake and / or bias and that the officials were to be aided in arriving at the correct decision. If anything, it is now confirming bias /incompetence without consequence or repercussion.. You just need to look at Fernandes' penalty the other day and wonder in amazement at that the decision. The debate should have been whether it was merely a yellow or worthy of a red. No such debate but a penalty to United. We have been here before and it is setting it up nicely for next season.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #557 on: July 13, 2020, 04:16:36 pm »
Really don’t think the one from Salah’s volley was that great, it was pretty much straight at him. I think you’d be pretty disappointed if that flew past your keeper. If he’d angled the strike across him, it would’ve been a different story.

Maybe I need to watch it again but I thought both were brilliant. He makes the Salah one look easier because he gambles on diving that way rather than waiting.

Having seen lots of small, abject goalkeepers like Ryan, Kepa and Reina fail to get near anything in recent weeks I'm fairly confident that most keepers wouldn't have saved that.

Offline Captain Caveman

• Peter Andre's Disney-sponsored rapping cousin
  • Legacy Fan
  • Erik, Igor and Momo.
« Reply #558 on: July 14, 2020, 10:28:25 am »
Post match interview for Icelandic telly. Gudmundsson was surprised the ref (and especially VAR) did not award a penalty. He is essentially saying it was a penalty.

https://www.mbl.is/sport/enski/2020/07/13/johann_berg_helt_hann_myndi_daema_viti_myndskeid/
Sabu retch at putrid "fan", born to screech, doom'd to lose.
MANCHESTER EVERTON AND FUCK.
Says it all

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: July 14, 2020, 02:04:35 pm »
Maybe I need to watch it again but I thought both were brilliant. He makes the Salah one look easier because he gambles on diving that way rather than waiting.

Having seen lots of small, abject goalkeepers like Ryan, Kepa and Reina fail to get near anything in recent weeks I'm fairly confident that most keepers wouldn't have saved that.

I agree, and would add the Salah save with his feet advancing from his line as top notch too. When keepers do that you snatch at gilt-edged chances like Jones and Salah skying it into The Kop.