Author Topic: Liverpool, champions of everywhere v Burnley. 11.7.2020, 3pm, Anfield  (Read 7908 times)

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Re: Liverpool, champions of everywhere v Burnley. 11.7.2020, 3pm, Anfield
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2020, 02:53:56 am »
The Brighton game, open as we were at a couple of points, was much better than the Villa game. Hope it's more entertaining viewing again, but a win is most important. Points totals/youth players asides, it'd be nice to end a great season on a flourish

Alisson
Trent   Gomez   VVD   Robertson
Fabinho
Gini   Keita
Salah   Bobby   Mane

With Henderson out I think Jones should be considered for a first league start, but I wouldn't do so if it's with Keita from the start. Would be tricky against Burnley's midfield. I'd definitely like to see him start, but not at the expense of Keita, who's in fine form. Any minutes for the likes of Curtis, Williams, Elliot are welcome, but bonuses at this stage. Also think Minamino will see more time, seemed pointless giving him 5 minutes at Brighton, might as well have put him on after the 3rd. Regardless, think we're in for a test tomorrow, expect it to be tight with Burnley pushing for a Euro place.

COME ON THE FUCKIN CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE AND ENGLAND AND THE WORLD!!!!!!
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2020, 07:36:32 am »
There must be a chance that TAA gets a rest right? I'm also thinking that if Williams comes in, it makes sense to give Milner a run-out in MF in front of him in theory as extra protection/experience.

Up front, we have seen Mane and Firmino rested recently but not Salah. Wouldn't be surprised to see Minimino come in there. The only argument against that is that Salah is obviously hungry for the golden boot, but he will still get at least 30mins against a tired and hopefully fed-up Burnley by that point.

Alisson

Neco    Gomez   VVD   Robertson

Milner   Fabinho  Wijnaldum

Minimino Bobby   Mane

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2020, 08:50:31 am »
Bobby is long overdue a goal

Yes and who better to do it against Burnley, where he provided the best moment of the season in the reverse fixture:

We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2020, 09:36:11 am »
Does anyone know if the game is being broadcast in France please? My father-in-law has pretty much every subscription license going but that seems to always end with him randomly scrolling through 10 different planners before grunting and turning the TV off.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2020, 09:36:23 am »
If we do rest Trent, I hope we go with Gomez at RB rather than shoe-horning Neco into an unfamiliar position
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline 19th Nervous Title

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2020, 09:53:51 am »
Try keep up. Larouchi is starting RB and Williams in goal.
Emily Hobhouse. Britain's finest.

Online fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2020, 09:58:20 am »
Hopefully catch this on the telly later although not expecting much of a spectacle with Burnley involved. Touch wood we will break them down early, force them to come forward more and take advantage of the space. Tough luck on Henderson getting injured and hope he is back to training by mid Aug. Klopp could rest Salah for this one as he seems to be rotating and if that is the case then I hope he picks something like this

.......Alisson
Trent Gomez Virgil Roberston
.......Keita.....Gini
...........Firmino
Minamino...Origi.....Mane

We will be camped in their half for 65% of the time so might as well start an additional  attacker or two.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2020, 09:59:22 am »
Not that he should have much say in the matter, but I can imagine Mo has maybe begged to start all our games to try and get that golden boot
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2020, 10:28:45 am »
Of all the records possible having a 100% home record is the one that really stands out ....none of the great teams of the past achieved that...of any club..you have to go back to 1892 and Sunderland the only team to achieve it.

Klopp promised fortress Anfield would return , let's etch it in granite.

Two home games to go. Strongest team possible today.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2020, 10:32:33 am »
Would love to see Jones get a start. Naby and Fabinho have looked in great nick too though.

Klopp's been hinting at Minamino too, and it would be Mo's 'turn' if one of the front three were to sit out, but can't see it with another Golden Boot on the line. We lose a lot of thrust without him too.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2020, 11:52:40 am »
I can see, and I want, Naby in (if you look at his stats lately he's really coming into his own; but you can see in the games the quality of his movement and chance creation too, he's really shining now). Wij and Fabs with him, Milly I think will be used as left / right back. Williams might be in though.

Burnley might be tricky to break down as they'll park the bus... City result aside they haven't shipped loads lately, so I'd like at least 2 of Mo / Bobby / Sadio to play to unlock the defence. Can't see Mo dropped as, basically, golden boot - and he was still chasing balls down at the end of our last game, he's well up for it! Which is ace to see  :)

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2020, 12:07:02 pm »
Will the boss bring in Lallana as cover for Henderson?
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2020, 12:09:25 pm »

He's already said it looks as though he has played his last game for the club.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2020, 12:09:44 pm »

Doubt it, we're not that brassic in terms of midfield and he wants to preserve Adam for moving on... Milly, Fabs, Wij, Keita, Ox all fit

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2020, 12:11:07 pm »
Did Lawrenson just say 'Liverpool play long ball all the time'?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2020, 12:15:35 pm »
suspect we might batter these regardless of the line up picked

we usually do regardless but today they don’t have close to their first team, they have nothing to play for and they can’t not be tired after running out the same players over and over since restart

It’s the sort of game where it might be 1-0 at half time and finish 4 or 5

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2020, 12:15:46 pm »
Does anyone know if the game is being broadcast in France please? My father-in-law has pretty much every subscription license going but that seems to always end with him randomly scrolling through 10 different planners before grunting and turning the TV off.

Canal+ and RMC Sport according to Premierleague.com
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2020, 01:11:27 pm »
Did Lawrenson just say 'Liverpool play long ball all the time'?

Didn't see it, but I have noticed some fans and pundits say it.

Subtle difference between the up and under of Wimbledon of old and Trent and Robbo arrowing passes into our forward players.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2020, 01:19:34 pm »
I was surprised when I heard that the last team to win all their home matches in a season were Sunderland in 1892. I assumed it must have been done by other teams since but apparently not. Interestingly, Sunderland's manager that day was Tom Watson who would go on to be the Liverpool manager to win our first two league titles and remains to this day our longest serving manager. Only two more wins and we could match that feat but there are two tricky games still.

Burnley are never an easy team to beat. This is Anfield though and we haven't dropped points there all season. 3-0 to Liverpool
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2020, 01:20:23 pm »
Nailed on that Milner starts for me.

A load of grocs? You need him.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2020, 01:35:27 pm »
Not that he should have much say in the matter, but I can imagine Mo has maybe begged to start all our games to try and get that golden boot

Yep. He looked to have the bit between his teeth against Brighton. I hope he does play all the remaining games because I wouldn’t put it past him to finish top scorer if he does.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2020, 01:41:27 pm »
Looking forward to this, lets go!

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2020, 01:49:42 pm »
Ian Doyle is saying that he's heard Neco Williams is starting at right-back today.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2020, 01:52:26 pm »
Didn't see it, but I have noticed some fans and pundits say it.

Subtle difference between the up and under of Wimbledon of old and Trent and Robbo arrowing passes into our forward players.

Yep. Van Dijk's also quite adept at finding the front players (particularly Mane) with a pass. It's the sort of thing that's usually levelled by Everton, Man Utd or Man City fans. I guess that's kind of understandable when they're trying to justify us being so much better than them but even Guardiola, who's one of the most dogmatic managers in the world, has Ederson find Aguero or Sterling with a pass. Of course, the talk when that happens is about how great Ederson is with his feet.

The great thing about this Klopp side is the variety of ways we can score, you only have to think about the last few games to see that.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2020, 01:52:51 pm »
Ian Doyle is saying that he's heard Neco Williams is starting at right-back today.

I've always said Reeves is a tactical genius.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2020, 01:57:54 pm »
Curtis Jones is also starting according to Ian Doyle.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2020, 01:58:04 pm »
CJ time baby!

Offline PaisleyPrint

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2020, 01:58:43 pm »
Try keep up. Larouchi is starting RB and Williams in goal.

Very disappointed in that, what with Alisson being one clean sheet behind Pope for the golden gloves.........

Offline gaztop08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2020, 02:00:31 pm »
Liverpool: Alisson, Williams, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Jones, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Lovren, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Minamino, Shaqiri, Origi, Alexander-Arnold, Elliott.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2020, 02:00:43 pm »

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2020, 02:01:16 pm »
Can't wait to see Curtis Jones starting today
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2020, 02:01:44 pm »
Strong team let's go, Salah to bang in a hat-trick and be called greedy  :lmao

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2020, 02:01:53 pm »
Going to actually watch this now that Jones is starting.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2020, 02:02:11 pm »
No Milner in the squad...

A touch worrying with hendo out
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2020, 02:02:15 pm »
No Naby no party .....

But perfect game to see where Jones is at

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2020, 02:02:25 pm »
Pleased for Curtis Jones ... his first PL start!

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2020, 02:02:26 pm »
Great to see Jones starting.  Didn't think he'd get starts in midfield so soon

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2020, 02:02:38 pm »
Very happy with that team.

Another big opportunity for Neco Williams and Curtis Jones.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2020, 02:02:39 pm »
I've always said Reeves is a tactical genius.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2020, 02:03:01 pm »
Going to actually watch this now that Jones is starting.
You haven’t been watching our games?  :o
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali