Author Topic: Spiders....  (Read 147522 times)

Offline Emmy

• Anyone got a crate for sale?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Spiders....
« on: September 14, 2005, 10:18:03 am »
It's that time of year again... it's starting to get a bit colder at night and those damned eight legged buggers are starting to come into the house...

Is anyone else being invaded by spiders?

Unfortunately I really don't like them. OK, so they're not poisonous and can't really hurt you, but they scare the hell out of me   :(
It would be rude not to...

Offline Mudface_

• Boys Pen
Re: Spiders....
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 10:20:12 am »
Our garden's infested with them. I know they're good at eating undesirable insects etc, but I'm sure they've destroyed everything and are just preying on each other now. Evolution will probably produce some sort of super-spider...

Helly

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 10:21:14 am »
my dad always picked them up in a tissue and let them go outside.  Used to knock me sick.

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 10:24:38 am »
I'd love a pound for the amount of fucking cobwebs I have managed to walk through in the past couple of weeks!

That's a fucking horrible feeling isn't it, getting a face full of cobweb, and then you spend the next 5 minutes ruffling you hair and brushing off your clothes in case the spider is on you some where!!

Offline Mudface_

• Boys Pen
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 10:27:29 am »
On a sort of related theme- what's happened to wasps over the last few years? I've barely seen any and this is usually the main time for them.

Offline PaulO80

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Keep it clean shaven
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 10:28:15 am »
I swear they're getting bigger as well. Had one in the spare room the other day, and it genuinely was the biggest I've ever seen.
Shoe did the trick though, bastard.
KRnRBF

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 10:28:40 am »
On a sort of related theme- what's happened to wasps over the last few years? I've barely seen any and this is usually the main time for them.

Who gives a fuck. Nasty pointless bastards.
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 10:29:28 am »

Wasps aren't pointless... They've got a fucking big one right at the end of their arse!

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our dreams are what make us who we are.
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 10:31:21 am »
Got bit by a spider about 3 years back. Took 6 months to heal, got a permanet scare and apparently poison never left my blood stream, although doesnt seem like the poison is harmful otherwise I would have felt the effects by now.

Still, I dont hate spiders, kinda like them, just hate the spider webs, annoying.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline PaulO80

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Keep it clean shaven
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005, 10:33:02 am »

I've seen enough of them. Having a fag in the garden a risky fucking business this time of year, what with the wasps around your face, daddy long legs (fly and spider varieties) pissing about. Bring on the frosts, kill the bastards.
KRnRBF

Offline Mudface_

• Boys Pen
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 10:33:59 am »

True, but you have to wonder what other horror's going to move into their niche and take their place. Euro super-wasps, like the Daily Mail scare story had it?

Offline Lo

• is Hamilton
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005, 10:34:38 am »
Spiders are miniature devils, who come to haunt me and make me cry  :(

Helly

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005, 10:35:06 am »
i will make you cry if you dont answer the bloody phone!  :wave

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2005, 10:38:38 am »
Absolutley, 100% shit scared of those house spiders.

They KNOW what you are thinking.

Just read recently that a new breed (god, even that term sends shivers) have been discovered in,...wait for it...Northern Ireland!!!

Fuck! That's 4 miles from my front door. 4 inch long.

God help us!

Offline Lo

• is Hamilton
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2005, 10:39:01 am »
i will make you cry if you dont answer the bloody phone!  :wave

We have just got back from asda with lots of goodies for me to clean with and a new power mop for Bradley  ::)

And when the phone rang it was hidden in your room somewhere  :P

Offline Turkish Red

• aka Shirley Valentine
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2005, 10:43:58 am »
:wave

Am plagued with spiders as well at the moment.  Bloody great big things they are and for some bizarre reason, they all appear on the stairs as I am going to bed.  Dyson soon sorts them out though  ;D

Does anyone have problems with crickets coming in to the house?  Frighten me more than spiders as they are so unpredictable when on the move!
Mr Suarez Is Not A Racist!

Offline Redned

• Kopite
  • And the Red Men are still playing the same way...
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2005, 10:49:29 am »
Wasps aren't pointless... They've got a fucking big one right at the end of their arse!

boss was asking me why i was laughing out loud
 ;D
hilarious

had a giant daddy long legs on the door last night, watching the match!
must've been about 10" across, leg to leg
was in the bath this morning
"What do you mean your knee, it's Liverpool's knee!"

Offline ashleyrose-66

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Back on our perch!
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2005, 10:50:49 am »
boss was asking me why i was laughing out loud
 ;D
hilarious

had a giant daddy long legs on the door last night, watching the match!
must've been about 10" across, leg to leg
was in the bath this morning

Did you wash it's back?

Offline SpenceUK1968

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2005, 10:52:57 am »
Actually spences' mrs!  the other morning I went into the bathroom for a wash and i picked up the towel that one of the kids had left hanging on the bath to dry my face and i looked in the mirror and saw what looked like a twig sticking out of my hair. On closer inspection in the mirror, it was the biggest spider I have ever seen. Cue screaming at a noise level that a drill sergeant would be proud of. I was paralysed with fear, screaming and crying. Our german shepherd came crashing in through the door thinking I was being attacked and started howling and barking. All the kids came in to see what was wrong. I turned my head slightly so spence could see the spider and he just picked it up (cue retching from me) and threw it out the window. I was traumatised for the rest of the day

Offline Emmy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2005, 10:53:25 am »
Got bit by a spider about 3 years back. Took 6 months to heal, got a permanet scare and apparently poison never left my blood stream, although doesnt seem like the poison is harmful otherwise I would have felt the effects by now.

:o   

Please tell me you weren't in the UK when you were bitten...

Offline mrs_hyypia

• Kopite
  • you're the one that i want oooooooh
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2005, 10:58:00 am »
:wave

Am plagued with spiders as well at the moment.  Bloody great big things they are and for some bizarre reason, they all appear on the stairs as I am going to bed.  Dyson soon sorts them out though  ;D

Does anyone have problems with crickets coming in to the house?  Frighten me more than spiders as they are so unpredictable when on the move!

crickets....i get those, with their annoying noise....you can hear them but cant bloody find them!! grrrrrr   :no

im infested with snails....slightest bit of rain and they are all up the windows, hundreds of the bastards!!  If i leave the window open they come in and theyve started chewing at my wallpaper round the windows!  Im going to salt them all at the weekend!    ;D
Liverpool........
You're my first.....my last.....my everything

Offline Redned

• Kopite
  • And the Red Men are still playing the same way...
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2005, 10:59:24 am »
Did you wash it's back?

brushed it's teeth too....
"What do you mean your knee, it's Liverpool's knee!"

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2005, 11:05:24 am »

Please tell me you weren't in the UK when you were bitten...

Yep, next door to you. :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline Turkish Red

• aka Shirley Valentine
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2005, 11:15:04 am »
"Im going to salt them all at the weekend!"

Make sure you put them outside first though.  Old house I used to live in was always crawling with slugs in the front room.  One night, had big bastard roaming around in front of the telly.  As I am a chicken when it comes to picking them up, I decided to salt him/her.  Came down the next morning and looked like someone had puked up all over the carpet.  I didn't know they could secrete that much  :shocked
Mr Suarez Is Not A Racist!

Offline Emmy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2005, 11:18:36 am »
Yep, next door to you. :D

:'(  That's not funny

I don't like killing them, but can't bear to think of them roaming round the house easpecially at night.

Ever since reading somewhere that on average a person swallows 5 spiders in their lifetime while sleeping... having seen the size of the 8 legged freaks that are currently about I'm nearly beside myself with anxiety!

Does anyone know if fly spray is effective on them.  Yeah, I know they aren't flying insects, but will a good shot of that finish them off?

???

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2005, 11:30:20 am »

I don't like killing them, but can't bear to think of them roaming round the house easpecially at night.

Ever since reading somewhere that on average a person swallows 5 spiders in their lifetime while sleeping... having seen the size of the 8 legged freaks that are currently about I'm nearly beside myself with anxiety!

Does anyone know if fly spray is effective on them.  Yeah, I know they aren't flying insects, but will a good shot of that finish them off?

???

:) Any bug spray will do, most of the spiders are not harmful, even the one that bit me, although there is poision in my blood system, it's not harmful to my body. That whole thing about swallowing 5 spiders, rubbish.

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2005, 11:31:33 am »

And when the phone rang it was hidden in your room somewhere  :P

Was it switched to vibrate mode?
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline mrs_hyypia

• Kopite
  • you're the one that i want oooooooh
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2005, 11:33:44 am »
"Im going to salt them all at the weekend!"

Make sure you put them outside first though.  Old house I used to live in was always crawling with slugs in the front room.  One night, had big bastard roaming around in front of the telly.  As I am a chicken when it comes to picking them up, I decided to salt him/her.  Came down the next morning and looked like someone had puked up all over the carpet.  I didn't know they could secrete that much  :shocked

they are outside mostly, i keep finding the odd one chewing the wallpaper but i just chuck them into next doors garden!!
Liverpool........
You're my first.....my last.....my everything

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2005, 03:37:26 pm »

???

Oi you !    :wave   

The Reiki principles remember?

Just for today do not worry

Just for today do not anger

Honour your parents , teachers and elders

Enjoy you living honestly

And show gratitude to evry little thing     :missus

;)
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Emmy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2005, 03:40:40 pm »
Oi you !    :wave   

The Reiki principles remember?

Just for today do not worry

Just for today do not anger

Honour your parents , teachers and elders

Enjoy you living honestly

And show gratitude to evry little thing     :missus

;)

I will try very hard to remember the prinicples the next time I'm duelling to the death...    ::)

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2005, 03:44:00 pm »
Bloody hate spiders, and was attacked by a wasp's nest once, so hate them even more, pointless feckers!

At least spiders don't really pose a threat and eat other, potentially even more annoying, bugs.

Have seen comparitively few wasps though i agree, but the ones i've seen have been a decent size, and one was bloody huge! If we do see average temperatures rise slightly i reckon we'll be in for a treat soon! Some of the wasps abroad are just nasty!

Not particularly scared of spiders, i use the cup and piece of paper trick to get rid. But we had the biggest i've seen in our house recently. So big i couldn't use a cup, had to get a jug! Was huge and when dropped onto the patio it didn't half shift!
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2005, 03:44:16 pm »
I will try very hard to remember the prinicples the next time I'm duelling to the death...    ::)

;D
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Ferg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2005, 03:48:53 pm »
Apparently,we had a bit of a cold snap at the end of march (just about when wasps are coming out to get us!) and the cold finished a shit load of them off.
As for spiders,they dont bother me.I just pick them up and throw then outside (unless the cat gets to it first and murders it)
My neighbour,he likes to catch flies (you wouldnt believe me if i told you how) and he pulls the wings off it,then takes it behind his shed to feed the spiders.
Its great watching a spider devour a fly.Its like watching discovery channel :D
Who wouldn't want to kick someone called Ferguson?
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
A big heart has space for everyone.

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2005, 04:26:36 pm »
If we do see average temperatures rise slightly i reckon we'll be in for a treat soon! Some of the wasps abroad are just nasty!
Should of seen the little fuckers when i went to zante, over an inch n a half, with some big dangly "weapon" hanging off them- thats the best i can describe it. i used to run like fuck from them- european wasp's really are little shits, loving the cold weather.

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2005, 05:03:17 pm »
you bunch of wimps!

just pick em up and put em outside! Flippin eck never heard such whimpering. You'd think you had tarantulas and poisonous varieties to deal with here.

Plus they keep your house flyless, yes those insects that spread disease, land on your food and puke on it, that you spend killing the ozone layer spraying them.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Spiders
« Reply #35 on: May 5, 2011, 03:43:39 pm »
Why do so many people hate them / get so scared when they see one.

Most of them you find in the house are tiny and harmless.

I can't be the only one who just leaves them to it, or just picked them up and puts them outside.

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Spiders
« Reply #36 on: May 5, 2011, 03:44:18 pm »
This thread will not end well.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #37 on: May 5, 2011, 03:44:24 pm »
I put them outside to save them from my cats.

I don't wish them harm - without them we'd be overrun by shitloads of insects. They look after us, we should look after them.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #38 on: May 5, 2011, 03:58:10 pm »
I can't stand them (or anything with more than four legs for that matter).

They make my skin crawl and I'm not ashamed to admit that I have, in the past, had to sleep downstairs after I lost sight of one in my bedroom (how about that statistic that everyone eats 8 spiders whilst sleeping in their lifetime??). I have also, on occasion, had to call in my mum/girlfriend to catch them (as well as other assortments of insects and bug-like creatures).

The thing is, I don't even know why I'm so scared of them. There is nothing that I can remember that would indicate where it started, from my earliest memories I was terrified of them and I will be until I take my last breath. Yes, they do have a purpose, I just wish they would conduct their lives well out of my living space.

I can honestly say, if someone offered me £1,000,000.00 just to allow a tarantula to crawl up my arm for 30 seconds I'd turn it down flat.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline red_lfc_costello

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: May 5, 2011, 03:59:15 pm »
i put them outside if the cats dont see them first. if the gf sees them then she runs a mile.
You appear to hve mistaken 'the funny photo thread' for the 'pointless, pre-pubescent nonsensical not even porn but "look, look, it's a girl" thread'