Author Topic: All Time PL Draft - With a Twist! (Discussion Thread & Sign up)  (Read 24212 times)

Online Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Re: All Time PL Draft - With a Twist! (Discussion Thread & Sign up)
« Reply #160 on: December 3, 2021, 09:08:22 pm »
Southampton VVD was decent.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #161 on: December 3, 2021, 10:04:14 pm »
Sorry to bring this back up but it literally says in the first post of each thread that each player will be judged on the club they thrived at.

Online Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #162 on: December 3, 2021, 10:04:56 pm »
Sorry to bring this back up but it literally says in the first post of each thread that each player will be judged on the club they thrived at.

Then pick them for that Club, simples.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #163 on: December 3, 2021, 10:07:52 pm »
Southampton VVD was decent.
He was better than decent. He was good enough to persuade the best club in the world to pay a world record fee for a defender for him.

My draft of Neil Sorvel’s and Dennis Bergkamp’s intertwined is looking less contentious all of a sudden.

Mad that Gerrard lasted so long. I ummed and erred over him and Henry.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: December 3, 2021, 10:11:47 pm »

And that's what we're doing.

The Van Dijk at Southampton pick is silly, but if that's what he wants to do - his choice.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #165 on: December 3, 2021, 10:23:52 pm »
There's no reason to be mad Tremenderson, we're always taunting, scheming for loopholes and so forth in these threads, it's par for the course :wave
Linudden.

Online Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #166 on: December 3, 2021, 10:24:59 pm »
Yeah!!!

;D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline JordanTremenderson

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #167 on: December 3, 2021, 10:28:45 pm »
There's no reason to be mad Tremenderson, we're always taunting, scheming for loopholes and so forth in these threads, it's par for the course :wave

True.

I guess he earnt a £75m move so must have been pretty dam good.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #168 on: December 3, 2021, 10:37:51 pm »
And that's what we're doing.

The Van Dijk at Southampton pick is silly, but if that's what he wants to do - his choice.

This is what I'm struggling with, why is it silly? Its brilliant tactics he still gets a liverpool player in his team.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #169 on: December 3, 2021, 10:40:28 pm »
Incredible amounts of over thinking at work.

Just wing it, pick good players as you need them and then sit back knowing everyone will vote for you because of your high post count and genial nature.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #170 on: December 3, 2021, 10:42:50 pm »
He was better than decent. He was good enough to persuade the best club in the world to pay a world record fee for a defender for him.

My draft of Neil Sorvel’s and Dennis Bergkamp’s intertwined is looking less contentious all of a sudden.

Mad that Gerrard lasted so long. I ummed and erred over him and Henry.

VVD was a top class PL defender when we bought him. He went from that to one of the best in Europe, to the best in the world with us. There's a good few you could compare him with at Southampton. There's none now
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Online Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #171 on: December 3, 2021, 11:01:10 pm »
Incredible amounts of over thinking at work.

Just wing it, pick good players as you need them and then sit back knowing everyone will vote for you because of your high post count and genial nature.

You're sorted so ;D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #172 on: December 4, 2021, 07:55:02 am »
Slowest draft ever btw. Are we PMing people that it's their picks??

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #173 on: December 4, 2021, 08:01:20 am »
Slowest draft ever btw. Are we PMing people that it's their picks??

I think we've just been unlucky with the person up being away a ton of time. I've repeatedly asked for a five-hour limit in this round but to no avail ;D

Tubby has a PM though. I know cause I sent it!
Linudden.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #174 on: December 4, 2021, 09:08:34 am »
What on earth happened in here.  If we're voting based on clubs players are picked for then that info needs to be clear when formations are posted, no one will remember otherwise.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #175 on: December 4, 2021, 09:32:19 am »
What on earth happened in here.  If we're voting based on clubs players are picked for then that info needs to be clear when formations are posted, no one will remember otherwise.

Everyone just needs to put the initials of the club alongside their player in the formations - e.g. Kante (LEI). Simples.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #176 on: December 4, 2021, 10:00:25 am »
Quite rich to bark out orders as a non-participant ;D

Then again I'll be voting under the same premises as Xabi mentioned, at the club the player did best, which is not the same as the one they got selected for. In reality though there's a rather small difference in most cases.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2021, 10:02:02 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #177 on: December 4, 2021, 10:39:20 am »
Quite rich to bark out orders as a non-participant ;D

Then again I'll be voting under the same premises as Xabi mentioned, at the club the player did best, which is not the same as the one they got selected for. In reality though there's a rather small difference in most cases.

It's called making a suggestion  ;)
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #178 on: December 4, 2021, 10:40:08 am »
I'm playing by the rules in the first post in both the selection and discussion threads.

- Players judged at their time in the PL at the club they thrived at most (Salah at LFC not Chelsea for example)

All Time PL Draft - Only Club Per Club Used

- Players judged at their peak

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #179 on: December 4, 2021, 10:40:18 am »
It's called making a suggestion  ;)

Tremenderson will presumably say that 'ten Betties' proposed this and that there was no opposition voiced ;D

Keane is a fabulous but risky pick considering the Manc connection and the ambiguity going on.
Linudden.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #180 on: December 4, 2021, 10:52:45 am »
Can we get a final ruling on what we're voting on?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #181 on: December 4, 2021, 10:56:01 am »
Can we get a final ruling on what we're voting on?

I genuinely wasnt aware of any controversy. I'm just going by what the draft master put as the opening post in both threads?

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #182 on: December 4, 2021, 10:59:05 am »
Since we're just in round one there's still time to turn back and do the logical and sensible thing which is 'all their PL careers' and encouragement/gentleman's agreement to 'not take the piss while picking' to avoid De Bruyne at Chelsea et cetera. So far all the picks stack up perfectly fine with that.

Keane was by far Forest's best player when they went down in 1993 so I don't think picking him would be a pisstake.
Linudden.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: December 4, 2021, 11:02:34 am »
I've no problem with players being judged on their whole careers in the pl no matter what team they get picked for. My issue was if a player played for two or three teams, then the team he had the most appearances for, generally tied in with most success, is the team he should be chosen to represent. Just to stop another draft becoming an easy, pick a team with your eyes closed, full of the usual suspects that get picked time and time again. All these teams will just be full of players from the same top 5 or 6 clubs which is the antithesis of the original point of the draft aswell if you ask me!

Nobody associates roy keane with forest ffs. He's a utd player, he should be picked for utd

At the least a minimum appearance for the club chosen would have stopped all this shite
« Last Edit: December 4, 2021, 11:06:34 am by Lawnmowerman »

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #184 on: December 4, 2021, 11:03:31 am »
Tremenderson will presumably say that 'ten Betties' proposed this and that there was no opposition voiced ;D

Next time I'll ask your permission before voicing an opinion.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #185 on: December 4, 2021, 11:04:47 am »
Next time I'll ask your permission before voicing an opinion.

That's more like it :champ

Just kidding Betty!
Linudden.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #186 on: December 4, 2021, 11:06:45 am »
Surely this is part of the fun and good tactics? I'll openly admit I was hoping Fowler came back go me and I was going to choose Blackburn. Leavi g me 2 strong teams for later picks. All part of the researching process, no?

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #187 on: December 4, 2021, 11:08:39 am »
Okay fair play then have a compromise, let's just say 50 PL appearances and a player is fair game to be picked for a club other than the main one which coincidentally makes van Dijk available but not Kanté and Keane tough cookies ;D

We could have that starting from the second round though to be fair to everyone, keeping Kanté and Keane where they are. Then everyone should be happy!
« Last Edit: December 4, 2021, 11:11:22 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #188 on: December 4, 2021, 11:10:49 am »
I've no problem with players being judged on their whole careers in the pl no matter what team they get picked for. My issue was if a player played for two or three teams, then the team he had the most appearances for, generally tied in with most success, is the team he should be chosen to represent. Just to stop another draft becoming an easy, pick a team with your eyes closed, full of the usual suspects that get picked time and time again. All these teams will just be full of players from the same top 5 or 6 clubs which is the antithesis of the original point of the draft aswell if you ask me!

Nobody associates roy keane with forest ffs. He's a utd player, he should be picked for utd

This is the crux of why I suggested not going the other way in the first place. Would've just turned into a boring as fuck picking all the worldies draft. Do people really want to see George Weah picked for City and then judging him all-time?

I think your idea is a good medium ground, but that may have changed a number of people's first round picks. So this is all a bit of a mess now. Not sure why the rules weren't changed in the opening post. Can definitely understand why Lin and Xabi are going by a different rule book.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #189 on: December 4, 2021, 11:11:56 am »
;D

Can we have a consensus though please because I dont want to be picking Robbie Keane for Coventry when he was clearly a dominant force for West Ham ;D

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #190 on: December 4, 2021, 11:12:44 am »
Surely this is part of the fun and good tactics? I'll openly admit I was hoping Fowler came back go me and I was going to choose Blackburn. Leavi g me 2 strong teams for later picks. All part of the researching process, no?

2 completely different drafts in that instance though, cos I would have done the exact same if I thought it was whole PL careers…

I would have happily gone that route btw, but the latest I’ve seen says to pick a player and club?
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #191 on: December 4, 2021, 11:13:25 am »
If we should have 'player can only get selected for club with most apperances' I think we should offer anyone the chance to terminate their picks. Doubt anyone will though but still. At that point Shearer, van Dijk, Kanté and Keane would need to change teams. As it is now it's a rather sad middle ground where no-one really knows whether a voter will give them the full player when voting or not.

I'm not taking Virgil out either way because a centre back is the spine of any team and I have the best ever to do it in PL on my books regardless of whether I'm forced to pick him for Liverpool or not.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2021, 11:16:53 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #192 on: December 4, 2021, 11:15:37 am »
This is the crux of why I suggested not going the other way in the first place. Would've just turned into a boring as fuck picking all the worldies draft. Do people really want to see George Weah picked for City and then judging him all-time?

I think your idea is a good medium ground, but that may have changed a number of people's first round picks. So this is all a bit of a mess now. Not sure why the rules weren't changed in the opening post. Can definitely understand why Lin and Xabi are going by a different rule book.

I wouldnt pick Weah as it's a PL draft and were going by PL peak arnt we?

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: December 4, 2021, 11:16:46 am »
;D

Can we have a consensus though please because I dont want to be picking Robbie Keane for Coventry when he was clearly a dominant force for West Ham ;D
;D haha yeah, you don't wanna waste your west ham pick on keane anyway when you can have mascherano!

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #194 on: December 4, 2021, 11:17:46 am »
We need our man Tremendo to come in and bang the desk and tell the kids how it's done ;D

My point is: if my view doesn't win out, make it compulsory to make it the highest-capped team if we're not allowed to do tactics and get a fair vote for it.
Linudden.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: December 4, 2021, 11:21:01 am »
We need our man Tremendo to come in and bang the desk and tell the kids how it's done ;D

My point is: if my view doesn't win out, make it compulsory to make it the highest-capped team if we're not allowed to do tactics and get a fair vote for it.
Or just simply make it a min appearance thing for club chosen and we can still judge them on their pl careers. It still leaves some room for tactical picking but not piss taking

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #196 on: December 4, 2021, 11:21:28 am »
Or just simply make it a min appearance thing for club chosen and we can still judge them on their pl careers. It still leaves some room for tactical picking but not piss taking

Yeah, 50 games or forced top apps. I prefer the former.
Linudden.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #197 on: December 4, 2021, 11:26:01 am »
Count me out folks, too much chopping and changing mid round. Would have been better off sorting out all this beforehand :wave
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #198 on: December 4, 2021, 11:26:08 am »

A fair vote. Like we ever get a fair vote. People put hatred of teams above who would actually win a match. Modric before Keane, come on.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #199 on: December 4, 2021, 11:27:19 am »
Count me out folks, too much chopping and changing mid round. Would have been better off sorting out all this beforehand :wave

Yeah I'm veering the same way to be honest. People take this way too seriously.