Author Topic: The Responder - BBC  (Read 640 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
The Responder - BBC
« on: November 22, 2021, 08:19:23 pm »
Anyone see the trailer for this?  Looks like your pretty much run of the mill, grizzled cop-on-the-edge drama set in Liverpool. Martin Freeman looks superb in it.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 08:21:24 pm by Red Berry »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Responder - BBC
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 05:45:10 am »
Yes looks good. You always cringe a bit when someone tries a Scouse accent but his seems alright.  And it’s always a bit worrying to see the city’s problems highlighted - drugs in this case I guess but I suppose that could be any City in the UK. I’ll be watching anyway

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Responder - BBC
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 08:32:53 am »
Yes looks good. You always cringe a bit when someone tries a Scouse accent but his seems alright. And it’s always a bit worrying to see the city’s problems highlighted - drugs in this case I guess but I suppose that could be any City in the UK. I’ll be watching anyway

Yeah, anything that might feed that narrative about the city bothers me. If it were tied to the docks and smuggling there might be a better angle to follow rather than the typical formulaic route. Doesn't seem to be the case though. I might give it a go though, just for Freeman.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 08:34:34 am by Red Berry »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art