Poll

Tubby vs Adz LFC, Sheer Magnetism vs Linudden & XabiArt vs Trendisnotdestiny?

Tubby
9 (17.3%)
Adz LFC
9 (17.3%)
Sheer Magnetism
10 (19.2%)
Linudden
6 (11.5%)
XabiArt
13 (25%)
Trendisnotdestiny
5 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: October 4, 2021, 07:09:21 pm

Author Topic: Represented Liverpool in the Premier League Draft - 1st Round (Full Careers)  (Read 903 times)

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
I decided to start it already tonight so that it finishes in the evenings instead after 24 hours  :wave

Head-to-head games Tubby-Adz, Sheer Magnetism-Linudden and XabiArt-Trendisnotdestiny so make sure to vote for one per every game!

Important disclaimer to those who haven't drafted that will be posted ahead of every round: consider the full careers or how good the player was in their prime, this is not primarily about performance while at Liverpool, so please check the players who didn't succeed at Liverpool out before voting. Everyone has drafted with that in mind.

Tubby vs Adz LFC

Tubby

Adz LFC

Sheer Magnetism vs Linudden

Sheer Magnetism

Linudden

XabiArt vs Trendisnotdestiny

XabiArt

Trendisnotdestiny

Thanks to everyone for their participation and good luck  :)
« Last Edit: October 3, 2021, 09:50:46 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Might need to stick a poll on
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
Poll is open, couldn't add it before posting the thread by what I found :wave
Linudden.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Are we just voting for our favourite three out of the 6 or is it 3 head to head games?

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
Are we just voting for our favourite three out of the 6 or is it 3 head to head games?

Triple head-to-heads. Wasn't that clear?  :D
Linudden.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Actually surprised Linudden is getting beaten, let alone so badly!

Owen and Anelka is a great strike force, obviously even better with Stevie behind. But those wide players don't stack up at all. Murphy in particular is a shocking pick for a right wing back, surprised more hasn't been made of that. Aquilani and Thomas certainly aren't any sort of ball winning midfielders. Konate is a pretty cheap pick too, although Song I think is under-rated considering he had a good career. Plus if all else fails, VVD and Skrtel from Coutinho and Redknapps set-pieces against David James are probably scored about 4 between them.

Adz and XabiArt in the other games.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Triple head-to-heads. Wasn't that clear?  :D

Sorry, having actually read it, it’s perfectly clear. :D

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.

Owen and Anelka is a great strike force, obviously even better with Stevie behind. But those wide players don't stack up at all. Murphy in particular is a shocking pick for a right wing back, surprised more hasn't been made of that. Aquilani and Thomas certainly aren't any sort of ball winning midfielders. Konate is a pretty cheap pick too, although Song I think is under-rated considering he had a good career. Plus if all else fails, VVD and Skrtel from Coutinho and Redknapps set-pieces against David James are probably scored about 4 between them.

I have a feeling that some who voted who didn't participate in the draft, didn't actually pay attention to La Liga and the Serie A in the past few years so believe the Luis Alberto-Iago Aspas formation to be the equivalent of a pair of Sunday Leaguers + fuck Sterling and Coutinho them greedy twats ;D There's no obvious other explanation for that. Actually quite sad. The Reina-van Dijk-Ince-Aspas spine is quite strong and better than many spines Liverpool teams have fielded in the Premier League era. Thinking back to some of the lineups during the Istanbul year just saying... Sterling and Coutinho can obviously do some serious damage down the wings as well.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2021, 12:49:41 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

I'm actually surprised at the margin myself, thought Linudden had one of the best teams in the draft. Having said that, as long as your players aren't sprinting out of position and can get a boot in, I don't think a dedicated ball winner is massively important when you have a back five. The midfield's designed for ball retention and to get the ball up the pitch quickly to the front two in transition. Thomas and Gerrard's energy and Aquilani's tactical ability also make them well suited to a pressing game.

As for the rest, Murphy had all the tools (apart from lightning pace) to be a top-quality wing back, he just never played at a time when they were utilised. Konate's spent four years playing Champions League football so would only be a cheap pick if we were covering just their Liverpool careers. Similarly, the James we're talking about isn't the one who was at Liverpool.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Everyone I voted for is losing. Except Trend, sorry mate but you've gone fully Solskjaer for some reason, although admittedly Fabinho is better than Fred and McTominay combined.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
RAWK with the usual mad voting patterns.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Tubby got unlucky he was up against Adz's team. Two of the best in the draft.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I went Tubby, Linudden and Xabi.

Adz a bit I luck with the timing of this but Salahbvs India feels like there’s only one winner there and I think that would make the difference. Two good sides though, better than some of the others I’ve seen.

I voted against Sheer because of t he way he tried to big up Murphy at wing back as a good idea. :D Had he owned it as a ‘needs must’ pick I’d have let it go but I reckon Coutinho would have a field day running at him.

Last game I went for Xabi’s structure and solidity rather than the Trend/DeFacto Ossie Ardiles tribute. Poor Fabinho!

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I went Tubby, Linudden and Xabi.

Adz a bit I luck with the timing of this but Salahbvs India feels like there’s only one winner there and I think that would make the difference. Two good sides though, better than some of the others I’ve seen.

I voted against Sheer because of t he way he tried to big up Murphy at wing back as a good idea. :D Had he owned it as a ‘needs must’ pick I’d have let it go but I reckon Coutinho would have a field day running at him.

Last game I went for Xabi’s structure and solidity rather than the Trend/DeFacto Ossie Ardiles tribute. Poor Fabinho!

Those were my thoughts as well.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Those were my thoughts as well.

Haha, glad we’re in agreement. Although I worry about your well being.

Salah vs Insua!

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Haha, glad we’re in agreement. Although I worry about your well being.

Salah vs Insua!

I was trying to work out what you meant, had no idea ;D

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
Thanks for your votes. You made a great choice.