Author Topic: Circus Boxing Thread  (Read 20796 times)

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
Circus Boxing Thread
« on: June 7, 2021, 01:56:20 pm »
For all things Youtubers, Old retired boxers, Exhibition fights, boxers vs retired MMA fighters, Triller or Fite TV nonsense

Tribute to the Kings

Who:

Anderson Silva vs Julio Cesar Chavez Junior
Chavez Snr vs Camacho Jnr
Canelo's big brother vs Chavez little brother

When:

June 19th

Tyron Woodley vs Jake Paul

Who:

Tyron Woodley vs Jake Paul

When:

August 28th

Pending match ups....

Oscar De La Hoya vs TBC
Evander Holyfield vs Kevin McBride

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Circus Boxing Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 7, 2021, 01:59:03 pm »
Thread need mate.   :wave

Keep all these fuckers out of the actual thread.  ;D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 7, 2021, 05:37:51 pm »
Can we add Kell Brook v Amir Khan in here?

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: June 7, 2021, 05:41:05 pm »
Can we add Kell Brook v Amir Khan in here?

Dont be daft, that'll never happen

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 7, 2021, 05:46:42 pm »
Why those stupid youtubers aren't trying some other sport instead? Because throwing punches is much easier than driving a F1 car? This kind of mockery is the reason why boxing is going to hell.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #5 on: June 7, 2021, 06:33:38 pm »
Why those stupid youtubers aren't trying some other sport instead? Because throwing punches is much easier than driving a F1 car? This kind of mockery is the reason why boxing is going to hell.
It is macho isn't it? They can claim to be 'hard men' to their followers. Logan Paul can now say he went 8 rounds with a boxing legend, and few of his followers will question the validity of the fight. He also has increased his bank balance by eight figures if reports are to be believed, and will now make a fortune for his next clown show. Again, he can walk around claiming he is hard; same with his brother.

Bellew said it best; these guys are not real fighters. They think it is all cameras, lights and glitz but one day, someone will get badly hurt in one of these fiascos and it is boxing that will get the blame.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #6 on: June 7, 2021, 06:38:25 pm »
Really not sure what to think about Mayweather vs Influencer

- "Money" Mayweather held back and proved he's all about money, so I was right in my opinion of him
- He battered a fucking Youtube personality with no right to be in this sport at that level
- Except he didn't actually batter him
- So I think the "Best" situation would be Mayweather knocking him out in the first round
- But Mayweather was never gonna do that because $rematch
- I think more of Conor McGregor for actually trying to beat Mayweather; that looked a bit more like a fight, I think this one was as fake as pro wresting, except not everyone was even IN on this being rigged
- This is not what boxing should be, it was a freakshow, pure and simple

Yeah, where is my sign:

« Last Edit: June 7, 2021, 06:39:59 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #7 on: June 7, 2021, 08:02:11 pm »
The best thing about it is the YouTube kids thinking Paul won :lmao

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 7, 2021, 08:45:46 pm »
The best thing about it is the YouTube kids thinking Paul won :lmao
Probably would have if it went to the scorecards, in keeping with the entire 'rigged' nature. Would almost be worth it to watch Mayweather's head explode in rage mind.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #9 on: June 8, 2021, 09:04:25 am »
I'd be pissed off if I has lumped on Mayweather to win - I assume Bookies paid out on the draw?

Talking with my lad last night and after the fight Mayweather looked like he'd been for a stroll in the park

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: June 8, 2021, 09:22:12 am »
I'd be pissed off if I has lumped on Mayweather to win - I assume Bookies paid out on the draw?

Talking with my lad last night and after the fight Mayweather looked like he'd been for a stroll in the park

I don't think you could back the draw. It was just TKO betting, with bets void if it went the distance. I think.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #11 on: June 8, 2021, 09:27:54 am »
Yeah I think there was no result if it went the distance, official rules said you could only win by knockout

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 8, 2021, 09:39:40 am »
Shame for Floyd that he lost his perfect record.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 8, 2021, 10:36:28 am »

Talking with my lad last night and after the fight Mayweather looked like he'd been for a stroll in the park to the bank with a very large smile on his face.

Shame for Floyd that he lost his perfect record.
;D
« Last Edit: June 8, 2021, 10:49:50 am by 1892tillforever »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: June 8, 2021, 10:59:26 am »
I don't think you could back the draw. It was just TKO betting, with bets void if it went the distance. I think.

Hills for a short time offered odds on the draw and also round betting. Everywhere else was only win markets with bets void if it went the distance. Hills then followed suit.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: June 8, 2021, 11:00:07 am »
Fite TV are legit, but agree with the rest!

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: June 8, 2021, 01:13:10 pm »
Yeah I think there was no result if it went the distance, official rules said you could only win by knockout

Floyd clearly KO him here

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSportsman/status/1401811688777715716

Floyd looks like he’s holding him up.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: June 8, 2021, 01:32:30 pm »
Fite TV are legit, but agree with the rest!

I mean these 'exhibitions' signed up on Fite TV, same for Triller or any other shite site including Sky who couldn't even be arsed paying for Josh Taylor!

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: June 8, 2021, 01:41:05 pm »
I mean these 'exhibitions' signed up on Fite TV, same for Triller or any other shite site including Sky who couldn't even be arsed paying for Josh Taylor!

I hear that. Eddie Hearn said nobody approached him about the fight and that he would have spoken to Sky if they had.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: June 8, 2021, 01:44:22 pm »
I hear that. Eddie Hearn said nobody approached him about the fight and that he would have spoken to Sky if they had.

Disgusting and feel for Josy Taylor really, unbelievable achievement

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #20 on: June 8, 2021, 06:44:49 pm »
Would be interesting to see what would have happened if the result was going on their official records...

I'm guessing Paul would have been tasting canvas then.
20 and 7

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #21 on: June 8, 2021, 06:46:24 pm »

Floyd clearly KO him h

Not convinced he's KO there. Punch doesn't connect properly. Looks more like he's absolutely knackered and leaning on him.
20 and 7

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #22 on: June 8, 2021, 07:50:32 pm »

Floyd clearly KO him here

It was a total joke of a fight.
#JFT97

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 9, 2021, 12:07:52 am »
From chewing lego bricks to making millions fighting on of the best fighters ever. Fuck my life.

Whenever I think of all the great fighters that fought wars in the ring for buttons compared to that Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson-looking talentless c*nt made in 8 rounds, it pisses me off. Dark day for the sport, and Mayweather tarnished his reputation by it.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #24 on: June 9, 2021, 09:41:44 am »
From chewing lego bricks to making millions fighting on of the best fighters ever. Fuck my life.

Whenever I think of all the great fighters that fought wars in the ring for buttons compared to that Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson-looking talentless c*nt made in 8 rounds, it pisses me off. Dark day for the sport, and Mayweather tarnished his reputation by it.

I think Family Guy have finally got the edge over the Simpsons in predicting the future

Although give it a few years....

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #25 on: June 9, 2021, 11:14:27 am »
Haven’t most pro fighters, going back decades, done exhibition fights for the cash?

Not sure this was any different really.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: June 9, 2021, 11:16:06 am »
They have mate but they were one off things. Now it's becoming more common and mainstream. Also these fuckers legit think they can box.  ;D

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #27 on: June 9, 2021, 11:19:28 am »
They have mate but they were one off things. Now it's becoming more common and mainstream. Also these fuckers legit think they can box.  ;D

There is clearly a market for it though, and if it gets people interested in the sport and the actual real fighters then it’s no bad thing.

As long as people realise the fights are, well, not proper fights then don’t see much of an issue to get too pissy about and calling people’s reputations as tarnished. Seems a tad dramatic.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #28 on: June 9, 2021, 11:20:30 am »
The whole thing falls down a bit when 95% of people are forking out purely to see the amateur get absolutely battered and it ends up with the professional just sandbagging for 8 rounds.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: June 9, 2021, 11:23:08 am »
Yes if they become interested in boxing then it's good. When I say "interested" I don't mean just wanting to see people's head knocked off but the art of boxing if they become interested in it, then good.

Boxing is first and foremost about hitting and not getting hit. The rest of it comes later.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: June 9, 2021, 11:39:16 am »
Haven’t most pro fighters, going back decades, done exhibition fights for the cash?

Not sure this was any different really.
Yeah it's always happened.  Jack Dempsey and George Foreman both fought 5 guys on the same night.  Then you have the circus matchups like Ali v Inoki, Toney v Couture, Rocky v Thunderlips, Canelo v Khan etc.

Getting a bit silly at the moment though.  Especially when a British fighter winning the undisputed title can't get on TV but a circus fight is on PPV.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #31 on: June 9, 2021, 12:44:59 pm »

Eddie has got a cob on with Bob Arum over the fury/wilder shite so id take that with a pinch of salt.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: June 9, 2021, 01:01:02 pm »
Yes if they become interested in boxing then it's good. When I say "interested" I don't mean just wanting to see people's head knocked off but the art of boxing if they become interested in it, then good.

Boxing is first and foremost about hitting and not getting hit. The rest of it comes later.
Tbf, the YouTuber vs Mayweather fight involved lots of not getting hit.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #33 on: June 9, 2021, 01:07:00 pm »
Who pays money to watch an old guy carry an amateur for 8 rounds for a big payday and thinks it was worth it. Circus boxing is a great title. 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: June 9, 2021, 01:29:44 pm »
The annoying thing about the Mayweather-Paul fight was not that it happened, but that Mayweather dragged it out and didn't box to his full potential. 95% of the people paying for and watching that match would not have done so for a regular fight. So it's not like its taking away from legit boxing business, but in the long term it can do boxing harm due to the nature of that particular match.

I genuinely dislike Logan Paul but I still wouldn't wish any long-term harm on him. However I really think that the next time this happens, someone needs to send him to sleep in the first round. Both as a wake-up call that this is potentially serious business, and as a reminder that gimmicky fights that are legitimately closer than they were expected (eg McGregor vs Mayweather) are more interesting when they do happen.

I recently saw a video of Sugar Ray Leonard who was messing around sparring with some tool/celebrity. The guy tried to be smart and you could see Leonard's demeanor change instantly and 30 secs later he laid him out with a body shot. That was great.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2021, 01:32:07 pm by kaesarsosei »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: June 9, 2021, 01:32:04 pm »
Mayweather v Mcgregor wasn't close at all. Floyd was toying with him.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: June 9, 2021, 02:36:53 pm »
Mayweather v Mcgregor wasn't close at all. Floyd was toying with him.
Yeah it wasn't close at all and in a proper fight Macgregor would have been disqualified a few times over. He had no idea what he was doing.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: June 9, 2021, 03:10:46 pm »
Wouldn't be surprised if this PPV tanked

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2021, 01:45:35 pm »
Oh shit ,another clown show announced.  i expect this fight to be at Light Heavyweight seeing them both now.

Marco Antonio Barrera Has Exhibition, Then Face-Off With Erik Morales http://dlvr.it/S1lK9s

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2021, 03:00:32 pm »
They fought 3 times, MAB officially won least twice, unofficially some reckon all 3. What is the point? Will it even make that much money?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 03:13:04 pm by Clayton Bigsby »