Author Topic: The 2021 Formula 1 “Gives you whinge…”  (Read 314776 times)

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
The 2021 Formula 1 “Gives you whinge…”
« on: January 1, 2021, 06:20:16 pm »

Should say Sir Lewis Hamilton

I’m sure he won’t mind too much
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 10:59:36 am by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: The 2021 Formula 1 thread
« Reply #1 on: January 1, 2021, 06:24:27 pm »
Has he been confirmed yet?

Still angers me that Mazepin will be driving for Haas next year

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #2 on: January 1, 2021, 06:31:08 pm »

I’m not going to go so far as the guy in the 2020 thread who said it’s not a sport, but things like this do very much concern. If his dad wasn’t loaded he’d be out on his arse already.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 1, 2021, 06:36:48 pm »

I thought it was done and dusted after all the fuss!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 1, 2021, 06:39:28 pm »
A good piece on the 2021 rule changes that I am far too lazy to copy and paste.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.autosport.com/f1/news/153414/what-new-for-formula-1-in-2021/amp/

Some interesting stuff in there.
W

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5 on: January 1, 2021, 06:53:02 pm »
I thought it was done and dusted after all the fuss!

As far as I'm aware nothing has been sorted?

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #6 on: January 1, 2021, 11:55:12 pm »
As far as I'm aware nothing has been sorted?
All sorted out internally and he is driving for them this year; money talks unfortunately.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: January 2, 2021, 01:21:56 am »
All sorted out internally and he is driving for them this year; money talks unfortunately.

If teams like Haas didn't sell their seats then they wouldn't be able to enter & it's not like he's the only rich boy whos daddy bought in.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8 on: January 2, 2021, 11:21:24 am »

Was talking about Hamilton mate :) but you're right, money does talk, wouldn't surprise me if Haas managed to get some extra money out of daddy for it

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9 on: January 2, 2021, 11:22:02 am »

If teams like Haas didn't sell their seats then they wouldn't be able to enter & it's not like he's the only rich boy whos daddy bought in.

Aye but how many of those rich boy's have sexually assaulted a girl and put the video of it on Instagram?

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 3, 2021, 08:01:27 am »
A good piece on the 2021 rule changes that I am far too lazy to copy and paste.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.autosport.com/f1/news/153414/what-new-for-formula-1-in-2021/amp/

Some interesting stuff in there.

I hadn’t appreciated the amount of tweaks to the cars they were making for 2021. Hopefully the nature of this will reign in the Mercs and Red Bulls on the aero side and if the Ferrari engine makes the step forward people were talking about it might be more competitive this season.
"We come here for the winning!"

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 3, 2021, 09:51:17 am »
The Ferrari regime that screwed up so badly last year are the same regime as this year, can’t see them being very competitive myself.
W

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 4, 2021, 11:19:46 am »
As someone living in Melbourne and having lived through one of the strictest lockdowns in the world, it comes as no surprise that the government is not budging on 14 day quarantine for the F1 circus. Looks like we've come full circle and having a 2nd cancellation/delay of the Aus Grand Prix.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/154434/2021-f1-australian-gp-set-to-be-postponed

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #13 on: January 4, 2021, 12:50:16 pm »
As someone living in Melbourne and having lived through one of the strictest lockdowns in the world, it comes as no surprise that the government is not budging on 14 day quarantine for the F1 circus. Looks like we've come full circle and having a 2nd cancellation/delay of the Aus Grand Prix.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/154434/2021-f1-australian-gp-set-to-be-postponed

Australia has taken a strict approach towards limiting the spread of COVID-19 since the outbreak, closing its borders to non-residents shortly after the F1 race was cancelled in March.

Strict quarantine rules have been in place since March, forcing all arrivals in Australia and those moving between states to spend two weeks in designated quarantine hotels.

There are currently 279 active cases estimated in Australia, while there have been 909 total deaths reported resulting from COVID-19.

Melbourne is currently preparing to host its first major international event almost a year, staging the Australian Open tennis grand slam tournament from 8-21 February.

The Victorian State Government has already confirmed that all players taking part in the tournament must adhere to the two-week quarantine upon arrival in Australia to "ensure the safety of all parties".

909 lives lost is of course a terrible tragedy for victims, families, & friends, and many more will of course have suffered with symptoms of the virus, but those figures really do put the UK to shame.  Aware of course that the Australian population is a few million over 1/3rd of the UK's and that population density presumably factors (though Australia must have massive swathes of uninhabited land), but still...!

Given that the tennis looks set to go ahead, are we to presume that this is an F1 decision and that 'the sport' as a collective simply see the quarantine period as impractical?

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #14 on: January 4, 2021, 02:13:26 pm »
oh well. bahrain opener then.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #15 on: January 4, 2021, 02:17:00 pm »
About time we had a Bahrain race again ;D

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16 on: January 4, 2021, 02:49:09 pm »
I do get why they're going to insist on it but F1 over the last year has really demonstrated tight protocols with regards to keeping everyone within the 'bubble' so to speak away from the general public. It'll be a shame not to have an Aussie GP again this year.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 4, 2021, 11:43:28 pm »
I do get why they're going to insist on it but F1 over the last year has really demonstrated tight protocols with regards to keeping everyone within the 'bubble' so to speak away from the general public. It'll be a shame not to have an Aussie GP again this year.

They probably don’t want a couple hundred Brits coming along with our mutant virus to be fair. There’s plenty of people over here calling for travel bans from South Africa for example because of their own virus version and maybe the Aussies are fairly thinking the same.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #18 on: January 5, 2021, 02:18:00 pm »
Well it wouldn't be 2021 without an F1 controversy, this time involving Carlos Sainz...

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #19 on: January 5, 2021, 02:26:33 pm »
Well it wouldn't be 2021 without an F1 controversy, this time involving Carlos Sainz...

from what I can see he wasn't actually involved.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #20 on: January 5, 2021, 02:30:52 pm »
It doesn't seem that way but his families karting track posting a video with black face on it isn't a good look, and one Ferrari might not like.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #21 on: January 5, 2021, 02:43:53 pm »
It doesn't seem that way but his families karting track posting a video with black face on it isn't a good look, and one Ferrari might not like.

it's a bad look, but it seems to be an issue with spanish culture as opposed to anything to do with sainz himself. had he been in it that would be another matter.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #22 on: January 5, 2021, 03:01:46 pm »
talking of daft.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 5, 2021, 06:28:46 pm »
talking of daft.

Probably depends on where he lives to say if he’s being daft or not. Rules might be different if he’s not UK based?
Thinking is overrated.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: January 5, 2021, 06:45:16 pm »
He's UK based i believe

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #25 on: January 5, 2021, 06:49:39 pm »
Probably depends on where he lives to say if he’s being daft or not. Rules might be different if he’s not UK based?

I couldn't care less. as far as I'm concerned anyone going on holiday at the moment is daft.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: January 5, 2021, 06:56:22 pm »
I couldn't care less. as far as I'm concerned anyone going on holiday at the moment is daft.
He was going to train there too.. as is VVD.  F1 drivers don’t really live anywhere for long.
W

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 6, 2021, 01:27:01 pm »

Can't believe the grief Carlos is getting over this. It's not him in the video, it's not his company, but because his Dad owns the business that makes Carlos Jr a racist according to half of Twitter.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: January 7, 2021, 05:52:56 pm »
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/154459/f1-set-to-revert-to-earlier-race-start-times

I quite liked the 10 past start times myself. I’m still used to them starting on the hour so it meant I never missed the start.
Thinking is overrated.

Online CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 8, 2021, 08:17:51 pm »
I quite liked the 10 past start times myself. I’m still used to them starting on the hour so it meant I never missed the start.
I got used to them quite quickly myself, wouldn't have minded quarter-past starts either to be honest.  Gives enough of a lead-in to the races.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2021, 04:05:01 pm »
“Long-time Renault Formula 1 boss Cyril Abiteboul has left the company and will not head up the rebranded Alpine team in 2021 as expected.”

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/12185143/cyril-abiteboul-leaving-renault-and-will-not-lead-alpine-f1-team

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2021, 05:19:38 pm »
not a great shock after they announced someone being their new ceo or whatever it was a couple of days ago.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2021, 08:43:49 am »
When are this years car launches?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2021, 08:55:05 am »
When are this years car launches?

usually at some point next month. though with the world being as it is right now it'll all be renders anyway I'd imagine.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2021, 09:15:30 am »
also the new calendar didn't last long.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2021, 09:40:54 am »
Round 3 is expected to be Portimao I think I read earlier.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2021, 09:42:52 am »
What do people think about Lewis still not having signed a contract? There's clearly a sticking point isn't there? Should have been long sorted out by now.

If Lewis fucks off what do you do? Come to a financial settlement with Williams to release George from his contract with them?

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2021, 09:48:02 am »
He will do. I can't see any way or reason that he wouldn't short of him physically not being able to.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2021, 09:59:54 am »
You’ll have Linudden and west_london_red blowing their loads with talk like that :D

It sounds like when rather than if he signs the contract. I’m pretty sure they’d be panicking if it looked like he might not sign
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.