Author Topic: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...  (Read 850117 times)

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Impact of COVID 19 on Sport...
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2020, 05:28:28 pm »
Still don’t understand how it works. They invented it to replace meaningless friendlies but it still serves little purpose.
Same here. Nobody asked for it, don't think anyone would care if it was disbanded.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2020, 05:28:46 pm »
WHO officially declared it a pandemic

Who?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2020, 05:37:34 pm »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2020, 05:39:43 pm »
Sorry for deleting your thread yesterday Rushyman  ;D

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2020, 05:43:14 pm »
I wonder if the bog roll in Anfield will be under lock and key tonight? It's the new currency, you know.
troadtoilet" border="0

Offline Gladbach73

• Anny Roader
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2020, 05:49:14 pm »
After the after the fantastic season we've had, it would be cruel to call the season null and void, with us being 22 points clear. I saw a great shout about using a potential system based on the cricket Duckworth/Lewis. Well, how about using the corresponding fixture results from last season? The only anomaly is Aston Villa, but you could use the championship play off final winner from 2018, which was Fulham. We only need six points, and that's if City win all their games. Using my idea of results from 2018/19 the following would materialise:-

Everton (1 point), Crystal Palace (3 points), Man City (0 points), Burnley (3 points), Arsenal (1 point), Brighton (3 points), Chelsea (3 points), Newcastle (3 points) and Aston Villa (3 points). This would be a total of 20 points, which is 14 more than what we currently need.

A pools panel would also be an option similar to when there used to be so many games cancelled because of the weather.

It's only nine games remaining, so over 75% of the season has gone.

Anyone's thoughts?
"If Everton were playing in my back garden, I'd close the curtains"

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2020, 05:50:03 pm »
Just gone past the 917s in town, packed full of people with a huge queue of Atlético fans. Can’t help thinking it’s bad news.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2020, 05:52:32 pm »
3 weeks till the Grand National starts as well

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2020, 05:53:35 pm »

I can’t see it.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2020, 05:54:07 pm »
Suspend the season if needs be, then just resume it whenever it is safe to do so. After that, work out what to do with the next season, depending on what month we're in. Cancelling the season wouldn't mean that we would just be good to go again in August anyway.

Would be great if UEFA came out with some direction. If they don't, all the leagues in Europe are going to end up in very different situations.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2020, 05:55:49 pm »

Horses can’t catch it though can they? Just do it behind closed doors with no jockeys.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2020, 05:57:26 pm »
Horses can’t catch it though can they? Just do it behind closed doors with no jockeys.
That's be closing the door after the horse has bolted imo.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2020, 06:00:02 pm »
I can’t see it.

Not even the IRA could cancel the National

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #133 on: March 11, 2020, 06:01:52 pm »

That would be ridiculous. Horses couldn't fit on the saddles.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: March 11, 2020, 06:11:08 pm »
That suggestion you heard was for Seria A where the top three are separated by a point I think. Not for our league where we are ahead by 25 fuckin' points.  As if we'd agree to a play off with Man city when we are so far ahead.   ;D

No,somebody was trying to push that last night,not what he wanted and very sad to say etc,etc  ::)

Bit my tongue and shut the computer down.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: March 11, 2020, 06:21:51 pm »
It’s going to be so shit boring if they suspend sport and other events, will probably increase the panic amongst the population.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2020, 06:22:24 pm »
How is it that none of the Arsenal players have been tested yet they postponed the game last night?

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2020, 06:27:56 pm »
How is it that none of the Arsenal players have been tested yet they postponed the game last night?

One day away from 14 days. They're ready to play in the weekend.
Linudden.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: March 11, 2020, 06:33:42 pm »
I wonder for once if UEFA will do what's right.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2020, 06:33:49 pm »
Cancel all domestic cups next season. Finish this season off before you start next season.

Basically we can't start the next till this is complete.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: March 11, 2020, 06:36:33 pm »
Cancel all domestic cups next season. Finish this season off before you start next season.

Basically we can't start the next till this is complete.

Why? :lmao :lmao
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2020, 06:40:30 pm »
Brighton have banned all U18 academy and RTC players from the training ground until further notice. They all currently train at the same training ground as the the Mens First team

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: March 11, 2020, 06:40:58 pm »
Why? :lmao :lmao

Say we can't start playing again till September. Where we then
 have to finish this season. How else do you make time up? Not saying cancel them now but if this lasts for months.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 06:43:52 pm by clinical »

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: March 11, 2020, 06:49:03 pm »
Say we can't start playing again till September. Where we then
 have to finish this season. How else do you make time up? Not saying cancel them now but if this lasts for months.

Makes no sense.

The mass hysteria needs to stop, there’s absolutely nothing to suggest it’ll get more serious than potentially playing a few games behind closed doors. Particularly domestically. People really do seem to under estimate the role money plays in all of this.

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: March 11, 2020, 06:51:33 pm »
Makes no sense.

The mass hysteria needs to stop, there’s absolutely nothing to suggest it’ll get more serious than potentially playing a few games behind closed doors. Particularly domestically. People really do seem to under estimate the role money plays in all of this.

Think you're massively underplaying this. I don't think they want to do behind closed doors. We will see.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2020, 06:56:01 pm »
First step will be behind closed doors
Then suspended like in Italy
If suspension lasts for 60 days or more then there's a rule in p!ave that says they can declare the season null and void.
Don't ask me how the relegation and European qualification places are decided.

If this was just 3 or 4 games till the end then I think they'd just ride it out.
But because we're seeing more and more cancellation especially in Europe, I think we're looking at an inevitable cancelling of all comps.
It's escalating too fast and the peak is set to be April/May - FA Cup final at Wembley ... Doubt it.
Only last week Jurgen said !Liverpool fans needn't get paranoid about it. One week on and look at the deepening mess!!

One thing that could possibly save the season in UK Italy Spain etc is to cancel Euros and complete domestic leagues in June July.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: March 11, 2020, 06:58:18 pm »
Makes no sense.

you are one of the few talking sense. it will be shouted down, but thank you.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2020, 07:02:05 pm »
Think you're massively underplaying this. I don't think they want to do behind closed doors. We will see.

There’s a happy medium between ‘nothing is wrong’ and ‘the world is coming to an end’. The selfish fact seems to be that anyone under 60 is hugely unlikely to be infected with this, which is where pretty much every footballer and manager falls.

It’ll just mean finishing the season with Hodgson in a box.

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2020, 07:02:38 pm »
I think that the best way to settle the league now is by a series of play offs with a handicap based on points accumulated to date. A one off against Manchester City with a 25 goal head start would be great fun.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #149 on: March 11, 2020, 07:03:26 pm »
There’s a happy medium between ‘nothing is wrong’ and ‘the world is coming to an end’. The selfish fact seems to be that anyone under 60 is hugely unlikely to be infected with this, which is where pretty much every footballer and manager falls.

His own. With two banks of four.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: March 11, 2020, 07:04:11 pm »

Imagine having a pint with clinical and Fromola. Fuck that would be depressing  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: March 11, 2020, 07:05:28 pm »
Imagine having a pint with clinical and Fromola. Fuck that would be depressing  ;D

you may rather just have corona instead

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: March 11, 2020, 07:09:25 pm »

Imagine having a pint with Lobo. At the Gardener's Arms.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2020, 07:13:13 pm »
First step will be behind closed doors
Then suspended like in Italy
If suspension lasts for 60 days or more then there's a rule in p!ave that says they can declare the season null and void.
Don't ask me how the relegation and European qualification places are decided.

Any source for this is or is blind speculation/panic spreading?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: March 11, 2020, 07:14:50 pm »

Who is they ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #155 on: March 11, 2020, 07:15:43 pm »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2020, 07:16:36 pm »
We've got 9 games left, 2 before the international break and then we're down to 7.  Doom mongering everywhere now when to comes to us.  :D

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2020, 07:22:04 pm »
This season being made null and void doesn't bear thinking about. 30 years we've waited to win the league fuck sake. :(
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: March 11, 2020, 07:25:00 pm »
If it reached that point the final standings would be where everyone is currently at that point. ;D

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2020, 07:29:05 pm »
If it reached that point the final standings would be where everyone is currently at that point. ;D

I read somewhere the league has to be completed for it to count. CL, Europa League and relegation places need to be sorted.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”