Author Topic: Champions League Group Stages home or away  (Read 49433 times)

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
Re: Champions League Group Stages home or away
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2019, 08:32:17 pm »
The way things are looking we could get Krasnador.

Now that would be mad week away.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2019, 08:36:42 pm »
Deeeeeenamoooo! Looks like Basel are fucked too thank god.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2019, 08:39:42 pm »
Porto on their way out. Looking good for Zagreb.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2019, 08:42:20 pm »
Celtic losing at home as well

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2019, 09:09:31 pm »
I never go direct and didn't go last time so I wouldn't know . So your saying they'll drop the prices because we were there a few seasons ago ? If we do get them I'll be having a few days in a different country en route .
He means credits.

Last time it went to all members as you need a VISA to go and with the VISA as prove of travel you got the credit. As it would guarantee a credit he wonders how many will force themselves onto that trip because of that. I think it would be more but maybe not as many as people might think.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Online jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2019, 09:24:36 pm »
He means credits.

Last time it went to all members as you need a VISA to go and with the VISA as prove of travel you got the credit. As it would guarantee a credit he wonders how many will force themselves onto that trip because of that. I think it would be more but maybe not as many as people might think.

It's over a ton for a Russian visa...and Krasnador will be a round the houses trip...
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Online jizzspunk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2019, 09:27:10 pm »
I never go direct and didn't go last time so I wouldn't know . So your saying they'll drop the prices because we were there a few seasons ago ? If we do get them I'll be having a few days in a different country en route .

What would be the point? You will have to pay for your Russian visa..might as well do your time seeing different places in Russia whilst you have the visa

according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2019, 09:50:28 pm »
He means credits.

Ah. Thanks .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2019, 09:56:03 pm »
Dinamo Zagreb v Rosenborg
CFR Cluj v Slavia Prague
Young Boys v Red Star Belgrade
APOEL v Ajax
LASK v Club Brugge
Olympiacos v Krasnodar

Lot of low allocations in that lot

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2019, 10:00:54 pm »
What would be the point? You will have to pay for your Russian visa..might as well do your time seeing different places in Russia whilst you have the visa

I never knew about the fee for the visa and did actually plan to go to Moscow last winter to see a bird I met travelling a few years ago. She never mentioned the visa so Shankly was right you can't trust anything behind the old Iron Curtain. Kidding on the last one but thanks for the nod on the visa requirements .

The 29th of August can't come quick enough.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2019, 10:22:09 pm »
Real Madrid, Barca, Dortmund, Roma and Bayern Munich. Plenty more that I'd love to do in the future but including Milan, those are the 6 that I've always wanted to watch us at.

Atletico at Estadio Vincente Calderon was good and Beşiktaş at their old ground Iononu. Never did Benfica at their old Estadio da luz, spoke to some locals who said it was amazing atmosphere.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2019, 06:02:43 am »
Dinamo Zagreb v Rosenborg
CFR Cluj v Slavia Prague
Young Boys v Red Star Belgrade
APOEL v Ajax
LASK v Club Brugge
Olympiacos v Krasnodar

Lot of low allocations in that lot

True. Although not all the most glamorous so hopefully easy to bag a spare.
YNWA.

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2019, 11:32:29 am »
True. Although not all the most glamorous so hopefully easy to bag a spare.

Yeah bag a spare or two but certainly not a credit

Only Ajax and Red Star in that list will be allocations above 2000

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2019, 12:02:26 pm »
Pots as they stand - Very dangerous game to play given some of the results so far

Any team in red are the highest ranked teams in the play off games - and given some of the results could easily change

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2019, 02:34:54 pm »
Yeah bag a spare or two but certainly not a credit

Only Ajax and Red Star in that list will be allocations above 2000
You'd better hope that LASK don't beat Club Brugge then!

In an ideal world everyone that attends a game would get a credit in their own name but I'd never turn down a spare just because I wouldn't personally get the credit, especially at a euro away. Maribor would have never have happened if I'd done that, and what a cracking trip that was, shame that we won't be going back there this season.

First and foremost I'm there to watch the red men, that is far more important to me than getting a credit in my own name. And if I couldn't get a ticket, I'd almost definitely still travel anyway.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2019, 02:45:22 pm »
If it’s an allocation of about 600 or something like Maribor, there’s no reason to not make it collection only in your own name for everyone. You don’t collect, you don’t buy any tickets the rest of the season.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2019, 02:48:31 pm »
If it’s an allocation of about 600 or something like Maribor, there’s no reason to not make it collection only in your own name for everyone. You don’t collect, you don’t buy any tickets the rest of the season.
Maribor is a good example, as was Sion (another cracking away) as they were both small allocations. It looks as though the club are likely to increase the percentage of collections each time, as long as the city is deemed safe enough to do so, until eventually it becomes 100% collections.
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2019, 02:58:03 pm »
100% collection is all well and good but if you’re able to have someone else take your credit it’s a waste of everyone’s time.

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2019, 03:00:57 pm »
You'd better hope that LASK don't beat Club Brugge then!

In an ideal world everyone that attends a game would get a credit in their own name but I'd never turn down a spare just because I wouldn't personally get the credit, especially at a euro away. Maribor would have never have happened if I'd done that, and what a cracking trip that was, shame that we won't be going back there this season.

First and foremost I'm there to watch the red men, that is far more important to me than getting a credit in my own name. And if I couldn't get a ticket, I'd almost definitely still travel anyway.

Spot on with LASK

Absolutely correct, but that's fine if you've got a big circle and you can lay your hands on spares. I don't and can't
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 03:06:21 pm by Tiz Lad »

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2019, 03:18:05 pm »
Pots as they stand - Very dangerous game to play given some of the results so far

Any team in red are the highest ranked teams in the play off games - and given some of the results could easily change

When you put it like this, I've only just realised how small some of these allocations are. Eek.
YNWA.

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2019, 07:29:26 am »
When you put it like this, I've only just realised how small some of these allocations are. Eek.

Yeah mate, but those figures are probably the very best scenarios. Quite  a few times last season, we didn't get anywhere near 5%

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2019, 08:28:47 am »
100% collection is all well and good but if you’re able to have someone else take your credit it’s a waste of everyone’s time.

Your Spot on but until they do the Season ticket Amnesty and cards are put into the right peoples names unfortunately you can't

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2019, 08:29:52 am »
Your Spot on but until they do the Season ticket Amnesty and cards are put into the right peoples names unfortunately you can't

You let everyone allocate their credits to the correct person then. Shouldn’t be too hard.

Offline Mr.Savage

• Anny Roader
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2019, 08:55:21 am »
Anyone kept track of what each game from the past 2 years eventually sold out on?

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2019, 10:55:37 am »
Anyone kept track of what each game from the past 2 years eventually sold out on?

It's almost pointless to look at what it sold out on, as the number of games that could be used changes every match. You are better looking at allocations we have been given and then based on the allocation we get given, you can just about work out how many credits will be guaranteed.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2019, 09:43:36 am »
Might change but...

Pot 2. Seen us play nearly all them teams, or at least been to the stadiums/cities for other games/tours/holidays.
Would prefer to avoid Napoli and Shaktar. If Shakthar play at their Karkiv home I'd say that would be my best one.
However all the others nice and easy trips or day trips - people will see the glamour in these - but I've done these games, teams and cities multiple times so I'm all about the new ones if I've got the time and money!

Pot 3. Memory might be going, but don't think I've seen us play any of those teams before, nor been to any stadium nor city.
The decent trip will be in this list I think. All look good.
Inter Milan would be ideal to visit the San Siro and tick that off.

Pot 4.
Atlanta playing at San Siro - nice surprise to see this as another possible trip there.
Think I've only seen us play Young Boys. All look good.

To those going on about collections - please be careful what you wish for. I follow LFC everywhere and I got into my Istanbul hotel on Wednesday about 7:30pm and the game was 10:00pm - had to get straight out and eat on the go as well. In the last campaign I've been to all 6 aways, the CL Final and the Super Cup Final - and 2 days was my max annual leave option for Istanbul hence getting into the city that late without spending a fortune. Sometimes it's just not possible for people to collect. Maybe say 'to get your name off the wanted list, volunteer for 1 collection per year' or something, but I don't know how I'd have managed collection on Wednesday even if it was at the ground it would have been a big queue no doubt. For those who've never been to Istanbul the city is chaotic. A 5 min walk can take 20minutes.

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2019, 10:36:59 pm »
To those going on about collections - please be careful what you wish for. I follow LFC everywhere and I got into my Istanbul hotel on Wednesday about 7:30pm and the game was 10:00pm - had to get straight out and eat on the go as well. In the last campaign I've been to all 6 aways, the CL Final and the Super Cup Final - and 2 days was my max annual leave option for Istanbul hence getting into the city that late without spending a fortune. Sometimes it's just not possible for people to collect. Maybe say 'to get your name off the wanted list, volunteer for 1 collection per year' or something, but I don't know how I'd have managed collection on Wednesday even if it was at the ground it would have been a big queue no doubt. For those who've never been to Istanbul the city is chaotic. A 5 min walk can take 20minutes.

I'd rather people planned their trips better and got there earlier if it meant sorting the credits out.

Online jizzspunk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2019, 03:36:56 am »
I'd rather people planned their trips better and got there earlier if it meant sorting the credits out.

We are all at the mercy of available time off work, the aviation schedules and the Ticket Office typically notifying us of the qualifying credit requirements later than desired

Plan their trips better? What a daft comment 🤡

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2019, 09:35:21 am »

I booked on a day trip. It was cancelled due to a lack of numbers. I had a few days to sort it out. These things happen. Life happens. Work happens.

And no doubt those lack of numbers will be out in force moaning about not being able to get a ticket for the glamorous teams from Pot 2.

Offline GDGLEWIS

• Main Stander
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2019, 11:22:54 am »
You let everyone allocate their credits to the correct person then. Shouldn’t be too hard.
This can’t be done also as if you do touts, with all home on cards will just pass one away onto there other cards. As the usual guaranteed final ticket is all homes and one away.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2019, 11:27:30 am »
This can’t be done also as if you do touts, with all home on cards will just pass one away onto there other cards. As the usual guaranteed final ticket is all homes and one away.

Well the club have been recording names of who's been going to Euro aways for a few years now so it's a pretty easy workaround.

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2019, 05:06:15 pm »
We are all at the mercy of available time off work, the aviation schedules and the Ticket Office typically notifying us of the qualifying credit requirements later than desired

Plan their trips better? What a daft comment 🤡

None of the things you listed change the fixture date. You're more a clown  :wave

Online jizzspunk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2019, 08:32:35 pm »
None of the things you listed change the fixture date. You're more a clown  :wave

Some people won't travel if they don't qualify for a ticket 🍆

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2019, 09:07:05 pm »
Some people won't travel if they don't qualify for a ticket 🍆

Stating the obvious now.

Sounds like you regularly pay over the top for an away not in your name. Wouldn't surprise me if you didn't live in Liverpool either.

As you were  :wave

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2019, 10:35:37 pm »
Does it matter where he/she lives?

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2019, 10:58:46 pm »
Stating the obvious now.

Sounds like you regularly pay over the top for an away not in your name. Wouldn't surprise me if you didn't live in Liverpool either.

Why does it matter where he/she lives?

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönĺld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2019, 06:36:07 am »
Why does it matter where he/she lives?

Obviously you’re allowed to attend euro always if you don’t live in Liverpool  ::)

Online jizzspunk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2019, 07:41:09 am »
Stating the obvious now.

I won't rise...

Your one of the F5 refresher gang...had to check StubHub for Norwich tickets...asked on here what bus to get from Istanbul airport to Taksim Square...fuck me imagine going traveling with you before the Internet days  :wave

As previously stated..you are a 🤡

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2019, 09:22:16 am »
Must have touched a nerve. Sorry everyone!

I won't rise...

Your one of the F5 refresher gang...had to check StubHub for Norwich tickets...asked on here what bus to get from Istanbul airport to Taksim Square...fuck me imagine going traveling with you before the Internet days  :wave

As previously stated..you are a 🤡

Stalking my profile  ???
Posting about stubhub tickets in the touting forum. God forbird  :o
Checking the internet to see which bus goes from the airport to the main city of another country. Mental that  :o

The only comedy here is your username  :wave

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2019, 09:41:51 am »
Must have touched a nerve. Sorry everyone!

Stalking my profile  ???
Posting about stubhub tickets in the touting forum. God forbird  :o
Checking the internet to see which bus goes from the airport to the main city of another country. Mental that  :o

The only comedy here is your username  :wave

The point is that you’re advocating 100% collections which are a massive pain in the arse for loads us who go to every game. We do need to ration our holidays. And flying to a nearby city or country and getting to the host city on the afternoon of the match is often miles cheaper. When people have raised this you’ve started telling  them to be better organised, accused them of getting second hand tickets, and accused them of not being from Liverpool (heaven forbid).

You’re obviously the novice here with - with your desire for for collections being that you want to get on the ladder - so stop telling those of us who go all the time what’s what.
Long live the King