Author Topic: Thoughts on Shamima Begum?  (Read 60940 times)

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Thoughts on Shamima Begum?
« Reply #200 on: February 20, 2019, 07:01:21 pm »
There is a difference between excusing actions and trying to understand what has happened and why she thinks like she does. I don`t think anyone on here has attempted to excuse, whereas plenty are advocating trying to understand.

Well lets start with calling someone who has expressed no remorse, who now wants to come back to the UK because the ISIS game is up, a victim.
Victim my arse. Thats not trying to understand, thats defending her.  If a woman is being raped and manages to get hold of the knife and kills the rapist, thats a victim, not someone who chose to move halfway across the world to join ISIS
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: February 20, 2019, 07:08:39 pm »
There is a difference between excusing actions and trying to understand what has happened and why she thinks like she does. I don`t think anyone on here has attempted to excuse, whereas plenty are advocating trying to understand.

This is a massive problem, not just in this case, but more or less across the board. Any action by any individual that outrages the public, regardless of the background, brings out the same calls for revenge.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: February 20, 2019, 07:13:07 pm »
Which bit of my post suggested that she should just go home to her parents ? Show me were i suggested that fella.

Do you think adjust your tone a bit Geoff, you seem to be showing more compassion to a member of ISIS than a fellow red  :wave

As for what should happen next well without the knee jerk reaction of they will give her a council house and she will live off our benefits, i think she should be brought back, questioned here, have her state of mind examined, let the full process of our laws and mental health experts deal with her and move on.

My question about living with her parents wasnt a statement it was a question and a slightly rhetorical one at that, especially after your council house remark. So after being assessed by these mental health workers where is she going to live? Genuine question

given her age she was a clear victim of radicalisation 
She absolutely isnt a victim. We have no evidence of her being forced to do anything.

mental health avenues 
I think it would be better if she was assessed by a judge and jury
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 07:15:01 pm by Kenny's Jacket »
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: February 20, 2019, 07:15:54 pm »
She can stay where she is, leave her to the Syrian government to deal with her in whatever way they deem suitable.
Hamza wasn't deported, he was extradited to the US to face criminal charges there.
You can sympathise with her if you like, I choose not to

Why should the Syrian govt keep dealing with our radicalised terrorists? For example, if we had Iraqi/Pakistanis citizens flying in comitting acts of terror in the UK I can pretty much guarantee you’d be demanding for their deportation. It’s the complete double standards that gets me, we should deport foreign born criminals but also refuse to take back our own citizens from abroad, pure hypocrisy.

That’s the issue though, it’s not a binary choice where you either froth at the mouth and work yourself into a frenzy about it or sympathise and give her a council house. I’d rather not have her back but you can’t just flout international conventions and ignore Citizenship because you can’t handle your emotions and think rationally about the issue, or in the case of Savid Javid want to score cheap points with your right wing populism.

We could have tried Hamza here if we wished, think of the other hundreds we’d have been unable to deport if other nations followed your logic and told us to deal with them.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 07:28:25 pm by OneTouchFooty »

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: February 20, 2019, 07:16:27 pm »
Because she hasn’t actually committed any teroriat acts.   

How do you know this? 

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: February 20, 2019, 08:06:20 pm »
There was an interview with someone this morning on Radio 4 who insisted convincingly that the Police, the school and local social services all knew she was being radicalised (groomed) but nobody told the parents - they never had an opportunity to confiscate her passports.
Sounds a bit mad that though.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #206 on: February 20, 2019, 08:07:32 pm »

Over 400 people have returned from Syria and 10% of those were prosecuted,Javid is saying that stripping Citizenship is only used on the most dangerous of people,do you think that she qualifies as the most dangerous or should she be treated like the 400 people before her ?

I think, for whatever reason, she is continuing to display a remarkable level of stupidity by following the idoitic guidance of whoever is advising her.

Who tipped off the Times? Why does she continue to give inflammatory interviews? Why is it only her, not any of the others, who has slithered into the public eye?

I suspect if she had followed the same route as the other 400 she would have quietly come home, maybe faced prosecution and/or settled down.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: February 20, 2019, 08:10:08 pm »
I think, for whatever reason, she is continuing to display a remarkable level of stupidity by following the idoitic guidance of whoever is advising her.

Who tipped off the Times? Why does she continue to give inflammatory interviews? Why is it only her, not any of the others, who has slithered into the public eye?

I suspect if she had followed the same route as the other 400 she would have quietly come home, maybe faced prosecution and/or settled down.

Like people have already said,she is within reach of any Isis fanatic etm,when she gave her 1st interview she said that she thinks that the ISIS folks would kill her for just running away.

None of that matters though,fact is she was born here and we have a duty to accept her back.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: February 20, 2019, 08:11:08 pm »
There was an interview with someone this morning on Radio 4 who insisted convincingly that the Police, the school and local social services all knew she was being radicalised (groomed) but nobody told the parents - they never had an opportunity to confiscate her passports.
Sounds a bit mad that though.

From memory the school had their suspicions and, naively, gave the girls letters to take home to their parents. I can't imagine any 15 year old handing over a letter, dropping them in the shit, to their parents.

And Begum used her older sisters passport, again from memory.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: February 20, 2019, 08:12:15 pm »
Be interesting to see how this plays out. Will set up an interesting precedent if the Govt pulls this off. Hopefully keep them other scumbags out there instead of being able to swan back into the country
She's British. She was radicalised in Britain. What right do we have to export a radicalised supporter of terrorism to another country?
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: February 20, 2019, 08:13:13 pm »

Like people have already said,she is within reach of any Isis fanatic etm,when she gave her 1st interview she said that she thinks that the ISIS folks would kill her for just running away.

None of that matters though,fact is she was born here and we have a duty to accept her back.

But why give inflammatory interviews? And isn't she in the custody of the Syrian Kurds, not ISIS murderers (not folk).

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: February 20, 2019, 08:14:55 pm »
From memory the school had their suspicions and, naively, gave the girls letters to take home to their parents. I can't imagine any 15 year old handing over a letter, dropping them in the shit, to their parents.

And Begum used her older sisters passport, again from memory.

She is an only child.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #212 on: February 20, 2019, 08:18:12 pm »
Why should the Syrian govt keep dealing with our radicalised terrorists? For example, if we had Iraqi/Pakistanis citizens flying in comitting acts of terror in the UK I can pretty much guarantee you’d be demanding for their deportation. It’s the complete double standards that gets me, we should deport foreign born criminals but also refuse to take back our own citizens from abroad, pure hypocrisy.

That’s the issue though, it’s not a binary choice where you either froth at the mouth and work yourself into a frenzy about it or sympathise and give her a council house. I’d rather not have her back but you can’t just flout international conventions and ignore Citizenship because you can’t handle your emotions and think rationally about the issue, or in the case of Savid Javid want to score cheap points with your right wing populism.

We could have tried Hamza here if we wished, think of the other hundreds we’d have been unable to deport if other nations followed your logic and told us to deal with them.
you seem to care about this woman, I couldn't give a monkeys what happens to her, I just don't think it's worth the risk of letting her back in the country that she voluntarily chose to leave to link up with a terrorist organisation who's followers have been responsible for numerous terrorist attrocities in the UK and all over Europe.  Presumably  it was not what it was cracked up to be.

She has not shown one grain of remorse and even condoned the actions of the Manchester bomber so fuck her she can stay where she is
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: February 20, 2019, 08:19:40 pm »
But why give inflammatory interviews? And isn't she in the custody of the Syrian Kurds, not ISIS murderers (not folk).

Do you not think that ISIS folks (just for you) will also be in the refugee camp,she certainly thinks they can get to her and why wouldn't she ?

As for the interviews,who knows,she's still our problem,all the rest is just noise.

One thing for certain is that she is one of the very worst & for that reason all this talk of removing her citizenship is bollocks,it's just Javid enjoying the limelight and using her for his own selfish reasons.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: February 20, 2019, 08:24:27 pm »
She is an only child.

BBC today;

Ms Begum said she travelled to Syria with her sister's UK passport but it was taken from her when she crossed the border.

Full link;https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47299907

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #215 on: February 20, 2019, 08:25:25 pm »
She is an only child.

Her sisters name is Renu Begum.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: February 20, 2019, 08:28:36 pm »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: February 20, 2019, 08:29:38 pm »
Her sisters name is Renu Begum.

Must have been from her dads 2nd marriage ,she lived at home with her mother up until she died,she died in Jan and Shamima ran away in December.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: February 20, 2019, 08:32:29 pm »

Must have been from her dads 2nd marriage ,she lived at home with her mother up until she died,she died in Jan and Shamima ran away in December.
That's a different Begum, Sharmeena not Shamima.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: February 20, 2019, 08:43:01 pm »
That's a different Begum, Sharmeena not Shamima.

I'm a divvy,yeah you're right,that was a girl who went over in 2014.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: February 20, 2019, 08:46:42 pm »
you seem to care about this woman, I couldn't give a monkeys what happens to her, I just don't think it's worth the risk of letting her back in the country that she voluntarily chose to leave to link up with a terrorist organisation who's followers have been responsible for numerous terrorist attrocities in the UK and all over Europe.  Presumably  it was not what it was cracked up to be.

She has not shown one grain of remorse and even condoned the actions of the Manchester bomber so fuck her she can stay where she is

You seem to being deliberately obtuse and missing the point. It’s not about your emotional response or how you feel about her or showing how little you care by acting the big tough guy on a football forum. It’s about following protocol and having a govt who don’t grandstand for the baying mob and who are aware fully of the legalities and long-term implications of these actions. It’ll only be a matter of time before a foreign govt pulls the same stunt with us and we’re stuck with an unwanted, stateless foreign criminal.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 08:52:46 pm by OneTouchFooty »

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: February 20, 2019, 08:55:07 pm »

The thing is, if a 15 year old girl had been groomed/'brainwashed' into joining any sort of 'normal' (non-terrorist) criminal gang, cult or extremist political organisation, this wouldn't even be a debate. They would be seen as a victim and the focus would be on rehabilitation.

It's not really about 'caring' for a particular individual as recognising her humanity, circumstances and status as a British citizen (and the mother of another British citizen). In short, victim or terrorist, she's our responsibility.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: February 20, 2019, 09:35:01 pm »
The thing is, if a 15 year old girl had been groomed/'brainwashed' into joining any sort of 'normal' (non-terrorist) criminal gang, cult or extremist political organisation, this wouldn't even be a debate. They would be seen as a victim and the focus would be on rehabilitation.

It's not really about 'caring' for a particular individual as recognising her humanity, circumstances and status as a British citizen (and the mother of another British citizen). In short, victim or terrorist, she's our responsibility.

Not if that criminal gang, cult or extremist political organisation were a danger to society

I ve just watched an interview where she says part of the attraction was watching videos the be-headings. She never mentioned grooming

But no shes a victim  :butt

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: February 20, 2019, 09:54:26 pm »
Not if that criminal gang, cult or extremist political organisation were a danger to society

I ve just watched an interview where she says part of the attraction was watching videos the be-headings. She never mentioned grooming

But no shes a victim  :butt
I've not said she is a victim. I've said she might be, she might not. She may have been entirely aware of what she was joining (and the groomed don't know they've been groomed until they've been rehabilitated into normal society, not before). Criminal gangs, cults and extremist political organisations are dangerous to society. That's why I picked those, rather than a branch of the Womens' Institute :). But we don't generally burden the newest, youngest, rawest recruits/groomed individuals with the crimes of the organisation's leaders - unless they've committed them personally, of which there has been no evidence presented.

But the main point was that she is certainly the UK's responsibility, not Syria's (assuming Syria has no appetite for dealing with thousands of remaining ISIS-affiliated prisoners, which it doesn't appear to), and certainly not Bangladesh's.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: February 20, 2019, 10:03:30 pm »

But the main point was that she is certainly the UK's responsibility, not Syria's (assuming Syria has no appetite for dealing with thousands of remaining ISIS-affiliated prisoners, which it doesn't appear to), and certainly not Bangladesh's.

This I agree with.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: February 20, 2019, 10:10:32 pm »
I've not said she is a victim. I've said she might be, she might not. She may have been entirely aware of what she was joining (and the groomed don't know they've been groomed until they've been rehabilitated into normal society, not before). Criminal gangs, cults and extremist political organisations are dangerous to society. That's why I picked those, rather than a branch of the Womens' Institute :). But we don't generally burden the newest, youngest, rawest recruits/groomed individuals with the crimes of the organisation's leaders - unless they've committed them personally, of which there has been no evidence presented.

So what would you do with her if she was 'groomed' ?  No jail just rehabilitation or both?

Offline OperationIvy

• Kopite
« Reply #226 on: February 20, 2019, 10:13:15 pm »
You seem to being deliberately obtuse and missing the point. It’s not about your emotional response or how you feel about her or showing how little you care by acting the big tough guy on a football forum. It’s about following protocol and having a govt who don’t grandstand for the baying mob and who are aware fully of the legalities and long-term implications of these actions. It’ll only be a matter of time before a foreign govt pulls the same stunt with us and we’re stuck with an unwanted, stateless foreign criminal.

This actually happens to us on a fairly regular basis. There are quite a few countries who simply don't accept their citizens back (such as China) and others who won't if the person does not want to go back (certain African ones, can't remember which).

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: February 20, 2019, 10:43:46 pm »
This actually happens to us on a fairly regular basis. There are quite a few countries who simply don't accept their citizens back (such as China) and others who won't if the person does not want to go back (certain African ones, can't remember which).

The Chinese would pay to get defectors back inside their border.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: February 21, 2019, 12:53:15 am »

Shamima Begum will not be allowed here, Bangladesh says

Shamima Begum is not a Bangladeshi citizen and there is "no question" of her being allowed into the country, Bangladesh's ministry of foreign affairs has said.

The UK has stripped the 19-year-old - who fled London to join Islamic State - of her British citizenship.

Such a move is only possible if an individual is eligible for citizenship elsewhere.

It was thought Ms Begum had Bangladeshi citizenship through her mother.

But the ministry of foreign affairs said the government was "deeply concerned" she had been "erroneously identified" as a Bangladeshi national.

In a statement, it said Ms Begum had never applied for dual nationality with Bangladesh and had never visited the country.

It added that the country had a "zero tolerance" approach to terrorism and violent extremism.

Ms Begum was a schoolgirl when she left Bethnal Green in 2015, and was found in a Syrian refugee camp last week after reportedly leaving Baghuz - IS's last stronghold.

She gave birth to a son at the weekend and now wants to return home.

Ms Begum's mother is believed to be a Bangladeshi national, and lawyers have told the BBC that under Bangladesh law this means Ms Begum is automatically a citizen of the country as well.

But Ms Begum told the BBC's Middle East correspondent Quentin Sommerville that she only had "one citizenship" and it was wrong for the UK to revoke it without speaking to her first.

"I wasn't born in Bangladesh, I've never seen Bangladesh and I don't even speak Bengali properly, so how can they claim I have Bangladeshi citizenship," she said.

Spoiler
'Extreme circumstances'

While he said he would not comment on individual cases, Home Secretary Sajid Javid has suggested Ms Begum's baby could still be British.

He told the Commons: "Children should not suffer. So, if a parent does lose their British citizenship, it does not affect the rights of their child."

Mr Javid said the power to deprive a person of citizenship was only used "in extreme circumstances", for example, "when someone turns their back on the fundamental values and supports terror".

Asked about the situation on ITV's Peston, the home secretary said he would not leave an individual "stateless".

He said: "I'm not going to talk about an individual, but I can be clear on the point that I would not take a decision - and I believe none of my predecessors ever have taken a decision - that at the point the decision is taken would leave that individual stateless."

But shadow home secretary Diane Abbott accused him of breaching the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which states that "no-one shall be arbitrarily deprived of their nationality".

Ms Begum told the BBC: "I was hoping Britain would understand I made a mistake, a very big mistake, because I was young and naive."

She said she changed her mind about IS after they imprisoned and tortured her Dutch husband - an armed jihadi.

Escape was impossible, she claimed: "They'd kill you if you tried."

The lawyer for Ms Begum's family, Tasnime Akunjee, said they were considering "all legal avenues" to contest the Home Office decision and that she had effectively been made stateless.

Earlier, Ms Begum told ITV News that she found the Home Office's decision "heartbreaking", but she may try for Dutch citizenship via her husband.
[close]

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #229 on: February 21, 2019, 02:58:31 am »
I believe the Dutch have told her to fuck off also.

Since starting the thread I have a bit more clarity. Britain should take her back. If for no other reasons than to glean information and keep and eye on her. Not that she should be aided by the state in getting back. Plus it will be the first time in her life that the reds win the league. It’s beyond cruel to deny anyone the sight of that.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #230 on: February 21, 2019, 06:00:07 am »
I believe the Dutch have told her to fuck off also.

Since starting the thread I have a bit more clarity. Britain should take her back. If for no other reasons than to glean information and keep and eye on her.Not that she should be aided by the state in getting back. Plus it will be the first time in her life that the reds win the league. It’s beyond cruel to deny anyone the sight of that.

Just a couple of quick questions - How much does it cost the taxpayer to gather this information and monitor such a person like this? And how long do they have to do it for?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #231 on: February 21, 2019, 06:27:22 am »
Just a couple of quick questions - How much does it cost the taxpayer to gather this information and monitor such a person like this? And how long do they have to do it for?

This is what the Home Office says is typical in cases like this one:

"Individuals who have travelled to the conflict zone must expect to be investigated by the
police to determine if they have committed criminal offences and to ensure that they do not
pose a threat to our national security. There have already been high profile prosecutions of
individuals who have returned from the conflict zone.

Only a very small number of travellers have returned in the last two years and most of
those have been women with young children. Managing the risks from travellers combines
interventions from our Prevent and Pursue work strands. We use the expertise built up
through Prevent to mitigate the risk they may pose by challenging their views or tailoring
our response as appropriate. This can include mandating attendance on the Desistance and
Disengagement Programme. Many will be subject to post-traumatic stress, which may impact
their future behaviour if not addressed. Children may meet statutory thresholds for social care,
or new born children may have experienced poor care after being born in Daesh controlled
territory. In order to ensure that their needs and risks are addressed, the Home Office and
Department for Education have been working with local authorities and external organisations
to ensure support is available to local authorities dealing with this small number of returning
families, including that suitable advocates are available for children to act in their best interest
and ensure there are responsible adults engaged in their lives. "

p.51, Link
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: February 21, 2019, 07:10:23 am »
I would.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #233 on: February 21, 2019, 08:43:01 am »

To be blunt, Does it matter how much it costs the taxpayer? Because the moment one taxpayer starts to question the legitimacy of funding the "rehabilitation", thousands of others join. Because to them its a question of allocating funds for a cause that they see no use for. Just like some of the posters here, they will simply say "her choice, her consequence". The question is, how many people care about her recuperation? The answer is no one. She is just a high profile poster girl who left home to support IS as a teenager and then wanted to return home when things went sour. IS is not a state. Its an ideology. And people support it like this girl did. What is going to stop her (or anyone who is in contact with her) to buy into the barbaric ideology that is sugar coated?

Do you genuinely think anyone (out of those who left homes to support IS) would have come back if IS was still something? No. They want to return because the IS is nothing now.

Also, how long? Forever if you ask me. She will be meeting 1000s of people throughout her life. And how long would you have her under surveillance? What are the chances of her getting back to IS if they resurface? How do you stop that? Or how many secret IS sympathisers are out there in the closet too scared to do something? How will it affect them knowing that talking to her will give them some ideas. How will you monitor these things? What is stopping anyone who is in contact with her to gain an insight into the radical life of a IS terrorist?

And that interview of hers did her no support. It dragged her down even more if you ask me. Forget the lack of remorse. Now that people know who she is, it would be difficult to lead a quiet life ever again. Things might have been different if she was a nobody wanting to return. But she is not. She has gotten herself into the limelight. And this exposure is not good for closeted sympathizers. Unfortunate for her. But this is the reality.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: February 21, 2019, 08:57:09 am »
Why does everyone think she will be useful in gathering information from? What else is there to know that we don’t already know about ISIS? They are not some big mysterious organisation, we know how they work and what they do and they are on the brink of being wiped out.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #235 on: February 21, 2019, 09:08:15 am »
I see that Trump isn't going to let Muthana back into the US. Good. It's probably one of the very few goods thing he's done. Begum shouldn't be allowed entry back into the UK either. If you're going to join a terrorist organization then you're also going to have to accept the consequences that come with that later on, and not say "just kidding guys, I was young and brainwashed" when it all goes pear shaped.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #236 on: February 21, 2019, 09:11:45 am »
Why does everyone think she will be useful in gathering information from? What else is there to know that we don’t already know about ISIS? They are not some big mysterious organisation, we know how they work and what they do and they are on the brink of being wiped out.

Not about IS themselves.

Any information about their informants, requiters, sleeper cells, agents, logistics, support, groups, communication, finances et cetera. And any information that is otherwise unknown previously will help in getting stopping any terror attack anywhere in the world.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: February 21, 2019, 09:37:25 am »
So what would you do with her if she was 'groomed' ?  No jail just rehabilitation or both?
In order of priority, I think it would be de-radicalisation, rehabilitation, punishment. But then it's not clear that there would in fact be any punishment to be administered, as the only known offences at this stage are the original move to Syria to live under ISIS; which occurred as a 15 year old and I believe the police said at the time that the group of girls from Bethnal Green would not be prosecuted for that, if they returned. Holding unpopular, extreme and delusional views is not itself a criminal offence.

Similarly questions about how much de-radicalisation and monitoring would cost I don't think are really relevant. That's one of the many, many things we all (including her parents and other family members, presumably) pay taxes for. There's a legal and moral obligation resulting from her being a British citizen, regardless of what the financial cost of that is.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: February 21, 2019, 09:48:51 am »
I see that Trump isn't going to let Muthana back into the US. Good. It's probably one of the very few goods thing he's done. Begum shouldn't be allowed entry back into the UK either. If you're going to join a terrorist organization then you're also going to have to accept the consequences that come with that later on, and not say "just kidding guys, I was young and brainwashed" when it all goes pear shaped.

But he’s a massive fucking hypocrite.

Trump threatens to release ISIS fighters if EU doesn’t take them
https://www.politico.eu/article/donald-trump-syria-isis-threatens-to-release-isis-fighters-if-eu-doesnt-take-them

It’s a shame that the Syrian people now have to deal with 1000s of foreign terrorists that travelled there because Western nations want to play to the gallery and pretend to look hard.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 09:51:48 am by OneTouchFooty »

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: February 21, 2019, 10:53:22 am »
Letting her back in would encourage others to do the same, there has to be a deterrent to would be terrorists and their idiotic parents.