Author Topic: The Jordan Pickford thread  (Read 194662 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: The Jordan Pickford appreciation thread
« Reply #80 on: December 3, 2018, 04:01:38 pm »
I saw a clip of Alisson trying to console him and Pickford was pretty much pushing him away. He really comes across as a prick to be honest especially his previous comments on Alisson and his immediate reaction to his shit error, which he blamed on "Everton luck".
He comes over as narky little shit at the best of times. Suits that lot.

I see he's bought right into the BS mentality straight away. Nothing is their own fault. It's always someone or something else. Or luck, or a curse.
Nope, never their own fault. Victim mentality at its finest.

Anyway, thanks Pickers. You beautiful, short-armed little gobshite.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: December 3, 2018, 04:06:51 pm »
Didn’t he get involved with the Newcastle fans last season after they laughed at him for “distributing” the ball into the tenth row of the bullens when he came out of his goal to try and start an attack?

I don’t think I could survive the laughing fit if he gets himself sent off for swearing/gesturing at them when they take the piss out of him the entire time he’s down at the park end.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #82 on: December 3, 2018, 04:17:48 pm »
Who was it that recently said they wanted him? Was it Mourinho?

£70m allegedly
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: December 3, 2018, 04:18:43 pm »
As this is the Pickford appreciation thread, i'd like to appreciate the 3 points he gave us yesterday.  :wellin :thumbup

Don't forget he also came and missed the ball when Van Dijk scored the winner in the cup last season.

Maybe him and Van Dijk have a pact, or he's a secret red...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: December 3, 2018, 04:37:06 pm »
Funniest thing for me is that if he goes to United both clubs can only get worse. ;D

Now he knows how Karius felt.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #85 on: December 3, 2018, 06:55:36 pm »
He really is a shit keeper ain’t he, bless him the Manlet

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #86 on: December 3, 2018, 07:06:39 pm »
He'll get over it. Ok, he didn't this time, but every keeper makes mistakes, and people forget. Like no-one remembers Gary Sprake's little mishap anymore.
No, Jordan's fine, these things don't follow you round forever.

Or cruel nicknames like "Calamity James".

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #87 on: December 3, 2018, 07:09:21 pm »
Pickford is so hyped by the English media he obviously thinks he is better than he actually is.
He is just a very average keeper who can kick a ball a long way.

But not very accurately.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: December 3, 2018, 07:14:09 pm »
I hope it goes from bad to worse for him. He's an unlikeable little shit.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #89 on: December 3, 2018, 08:05:07 pm »
That sliced clearance think it was Anny rd end first half was equally hilarious. Went off him at a 45 degree angle.

Best thing about it is post match, one of the pundits praised his kicking... seconds later they cut to replays of him kicking 2 or 3 passes to absolutely no one under little to no pressure :lmao

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: December 3, 2018, 08:08:21 pm »
I hope it goes from bad to worse for him. He's an unlikeable little shit.

And massively over-rated
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: December 3, 2018, 08:08:21 pm »
Anytime I see him I can't help but think that he's a close relative of Jamie Vardy.

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #92 on: December 3, 2018, 08:13:16 pm »
He's fucking rubbish. How many mistakes has he made already this season, both for Everton and England. He continually makes weird decisions, and as for that comedy dive thing he does for shots that a top keeper would comfortably catch, e.g the Alcacer header v England, the one they conceded against Bournemouth this season and the Januzaj goal in the World Cup that would have been a catch for Allisson. He's starting to get found out now, and the cocky prick deserves it. He's actually done really well to get as far as he has despite being shite. The guy could teach Carlos Kaiser a few things about being a football conman. Weirdest keeper I've ever seen....and like someone mentioned above, he also gifted us the winner in the FA Cup game last season with another gaffe.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2018, 08:26:03 pm by Yevgeny »

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #93 on: December 3, 2018, 08:35:00 pm »
He's fucking rubbish. How many mistakes has he made already this season, both for Everton and England. He continually makes weird decisions, and as for that comedy dive thing he does for shots that a top keeper would comfortably catch, e.g the Alcacer header v England, the one they conceded against Bournemouth this season and the Januzaj goal in the World Cup that would have been a catch for Allisson. He's starting to get found out now, and the cocky prick deserves it. He's actually done really well to get as far as he has despite being shite. The guy could teach Carlos Kaiser a few things about being a football conman. Weirdest keeper I've ever seen....and like someone mentioned above, he also gifted us the winner in the FA Cup game last season with another gaffe.

I think you need to delete your post before someone at Man Utd sees it. We need them to by Pickford to replace De Gea.. :P
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #94 on: December 3, 2018, 08:40:08 pm »
I think you need to delete your post before someone at Man Utd sees it. We need them to by Pickford to replace De Gea.. :P

Haha sadly I think that was just papertalk. They were linking him with Bayern earlier this year! I doubt even Utd are that stupid. They'll surely try hard for Oblak if they lose De Gea. Similar reactive goal-line shot-stopper.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #95 on: December 3, 2018, 08:48:10 pm »
I do think he is a good shot stopper, decent at penalty saves and good at one on ones. His biggest issues is that he lets his emotions get in the way of his play. Similar to Kasper Schemichel in a way but I think Schmeichel has matured in the last season or so.

He’s more than good enough for Everton and deservedly a top 8 team goalkeeper.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: December 3, 2018, 08:54:15 pm »
i appreciate him

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: December 3, 2018, 08:54:17 pm »
Kasper Schmeichel is sooooo much better

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: December 3, 2018, 09:06:00 pm »
Haha sadly I think that was just papertalk. They were linking him with Bayern earlier this year! I doubt even Utd are that stupid. They'll surely try hard for Oblak if they lose De Gea. Similar reactive goal-line shot-stopper.

As he showed at Sunderland, stick him behind a back 10 and he is fine, he can deal with shot stopping, so he will fit right in there.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: December 3, 2018, 09:11:00 pm »
This is the appreciation thread though :wave

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #100 on: December 3, 2018, 09:14:45 pm »
This is the appreciation thread though :wave

Indeed. Would Kaspar gift us a derby game the way Jordan did?... I don't think so somehow.

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #101 on: December 3, 2018, 09:18:09 pm »
As he showed at Sunderland, stick him behind a back 10 and he is fine, he can deal with shot stopping, so he will fit right in there.

I dunno, even keepers down the leagues can pull off a wonder save every now and then. He concedes a lot of goals that a higher quality keeper would comfortably keep out.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: December 3, 2018, 09:19:20 pm »

David James is better.

And I'm talking about David James now.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: December 3, 2018, 09:27:48 pm »
I love you JP, already got the mug :wave

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: December 3, 2018, 09:28:56 pm »
I do think he is a good shot stopper, decent at penalty saves and good at one on ones. His biggest issues is that he lets his emotions get in the way of his play. Similar to Kasper Schemichel in a way but I think Schmeichel has matured in the last season or so.

Not a chance.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #105 on: December 3, 2018, 09:31:05 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9py5pu2rp0U&amp;ab_channel=finetunesOldies" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9py5pu2rp0U&amp;ab_channel=finetunesOldies</a>
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: December 3, 2018, 09:52:14 pm »

What about his distribution? I think it's ace, the way he shanked that ball out for a throw in yesterday or his assist onto the bar for Origi - not many keepers have that level of ability hilarity.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: December 3, 2018, 10:01:31 pm »
Just watching the toffee tv video and ped talking about the goal and can’t stop thinking of Steve Bartman :lmao

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #108 on: December 3, 2018, 10:05:44 pm »
Pickford is a good keeper, has some exceptionally good games and some poor games, But because they’ve had utterly shite keepers for years they’ve totally lost perspective and think he’s world class.

Here’s the measuring stick Everton fans.  If he’s world class he won’t be at your club next season. That’s how you tell.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: December 3, 2018, 10:07:17 pm »
Loved his sort of half hearted appeal for a foul to the liney, before he sort of realised he looked a dick.

He's one dense fucker.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #110 on: December 3, 2018, 10:08:11 pm »
Pickford is a good keeper, has some exceptionally good games and some poor games, But because they’ve had utterly shite keepers for years they’ve totally lost perspective and think he’s world class.

Here’s the measuring stick Everton fans.  If he’s world class he won’t be at your club next season. That’s how you tell.

See also Richarlison.

If he keeps getting games for Brazil he won’t be there long.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #111 on: December 3, 2018, 10:12:00 pm »
See also Richarlison.

When was the last time Richarlison scored for the ev?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: December 3, 2018, 10:15:29 pm »
See also Richarlison.

If he keeps getting games for Brazil he won’t be there long.
and also mr Portugal

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #113 on: December 3, 2018, 10:20:23 pm »
He concedes two goals a game on average so it was actually a good day for him yesterday. Credit where it’s due.
Internet terrorist

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #114 on: December 3, 2018, 11:08:51 pm »
What about his distribution? I think it's ace, the way he shanked that ball out for a throw in yesterday or his assist onto the bar for Origi - not many keepers have that level of ability hilarity.
His distribution on average is pretty good to be fair. Everton tried to play out from the back 3x in the first half and got caught out on all three occasions. Alisson’s mistake against Leicester was just as bad as Pickford’s yesterday as it led to a goal. I’m not arguing he’s a great goalkeeper but he’s more than good enough to play for Everton and has a lot more good games than bad.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: December 3, 2018, 11:19:49 pm »
His distribution on average is pretty good to be fair. Everton tried to play out from the back 3x in the first half and got caught out on all three occasions. Alisson’s mistake against Leicester was just as bad as Pickford’s yesterday as it led to a goal. I’m not arguing he’s a great goalkeeper but he’s more than good enough to play for Everton and has a lot more good games than bad.

This is a bad post.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #116 on: December 3, 2018, 11:20:10 pm »
When was the last time Richarlison scored for the ev?

No idea, try not to watch them!

If he turns out shit, then great, he will stay with them. The first hint of the big time and more interest from bigger clubs and you’d imagine he’ll want out so win win really.

Pickford is doomed to stay there most of his career though I reckon.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #117 on: December 4, 2018, 12:19:00 am »
Oh Jordan
you leapt and you kept it from crossing
you should have sent it away, oh Jordan
but you tipped it, the crossbars still shaking
and Divock nodded it in
Ohhhhh, Jordan!

All your instincts, they return
the grand facade, so soon will burn
Without a brain, and too much pride
you reached out from the inside

T-Rex arms
The light the heat
T-Rex arms
The Reds complete
the doorway to that comic goal
the aimless kick, the pointless dive
then you reached out
from the inside
With your arms

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: December 4, 2018, 02:10:13 am »

Alison’s mistake may have been bad - but it pales in comparison to what Air Jordan just did.

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #119 on: December 4, 2018, 07:21:20 am »
Anytime I see him I can't help but think that he's a close relative of Jamie Vardy.

He's like the product of a Vardy incestuous relationship with a sister!